CRM 4.0 Email Router Mailbox not deleting items

We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0.  An account and mailbox has
been setup called CRM Mail.  This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig.  Upon
further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals emails
in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users.

Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete them?
Are they supposed to be automatically deleted?

Also, why are all these emails showing up?

Thanks all!
0
Rob3660 (422)
11/6/2008 2:11:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after being
processed by the router. If they are still in the inbox, there's a good
chance they haven't been processed (ie, they are not in CRM). Try re-starting
the Email Router service on the server or machine where the Email Router is
installed. A few minutes after restarting the service, you should see the
number of emails in the inbox begin to go down. 9GB is a LOT of email, so it
will probably take a long time to process all that email.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Rob" wrote:

> We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0.  An account and mailbox has
> been setup called CRM Mail.  This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig.  Upon
> further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals emails
> in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users.
>
> Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete them?
> Are they supposed to be automatically deleted?
>
> Also, why are all these emails showing up?
>
> Thanks all!
Hi Matt,

The email router was hung up on an email from some time ago.  Once that
message was removed from the mailbox, the remaining ones started processing.

Thanks for your response.

"Matt Wittemann" wrote:

> The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after being
> processed by the router. If they are still in the inbox, there's a good
> chance they haven't been processed (ie, they are not in CRM). Try re-starting
> the Email Router service on the server or machine where the Email Router is
> installed. A few minutes after restarting the service, you should see the
> number of emails in the inbox begin to go down. 9GB is a LOT of email, so it
> will probably take a long time to process all that email.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0.  An account and mailbox has
> > been setup called CRM Mail.  This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig.  Upon
> > further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals emails
> > in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users.
> >
> > Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete them?
> > Are they supposed to be automatically deleted?
> >
> > Also, why are all these emails showing up?
> >
> > Thanks all!
0
Rob3660 (422)
11/6/2008 4:29:03 PM
You should check that mailbox periodically.

The Email router hangs on some emails (mostly spams) regularly. Deletion of
last email solves this issue but is very uncomfortable.

Jiri

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním příspěvku
> Hi Matt,
>
> The email router was hung up on an email from some time ago.  Once that
> message was removed from the mailbox, the remaining ones started
> processing.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>

> "Matt Wittemann" wrote:
>
>> The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after
>> being
>> processed by the router. If they are still in the inbox, there's a good
>> chance they haven't been processed (ie, they are not in CRM). Try
>> re-starting
>> the Email Router service on the server or machine where the Email Router
>> is
>> installed. A few minutes after restarting the service, you should see the
>> number of emails in the inbox begin to go down. 9GB is a LOT of email, so
>> it
>> will probably take a long time to process all that email.
>> --
>> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
>> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>>

>> "Rob" wrote:
>>
>> > We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0.  An account and mailbox
>> > has
>> > been setup called CRM Mail.  This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig.
>> > Upon
>> > further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals
>> > emails
>> > in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users.
>> >
>> > Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete
>> > them?
>> > Are they supposed to be automatically deleted?
>> >
>> > Also, why are all these emails showing up?
>> >
>> > Thanks all!

0
silver100 (18)
11/10/2008 12:46:52 PM
There is a check-box in forwarding mailbox prepoerty where you can mention
the e-mails should be deleted or not after processed by e-mail router. Please
make sure yopu have selected this option.
My 2 cents

Rakesh Narayan

"silver100" wrote:

> You should check that mailbox periodically.
>
> The Email router hangs on some emails (mostly spams) regularly. Deletion of
> last email solves this issue but is very uncomfortable.
>
> Jiri
>
> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním příspěvku
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > The email router was hung up on an email from some time ago.  Once that
> > message was removed from the mailbox, the remaining ones started
> > processing.
> >
> > Thanks for your response.
> >

> > "Matt Wittemann" wrote:
> >
> >> The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after
> >> being
> >> processed by the router. If they are still in the inbox, there's a good
> >> chance they haven't been processed (ie, they are not in CRM). Try
> >> re-starting
> >> the Email Router service on the server or machine where the Email Router
> >> is
> >> installed. A few minutes after restarting the service, you should see the
> >> number of emails in the inbox begin to go down. 9GB is a LOT of email, so
> >> it
> >> will probably take a long time to process all that email.
> >> --
> >> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> >> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

invalid email address

Count If Formula #4

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Unable to delete empty database

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

how to find an item in a list control?

number format with leading 0