CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

I am using the Report Wizard to create a simple report.
Report is using Quotes and Quote Products

I have a custom field in Quote Products which is a bit field Yes-No
When I use that field as a filter for report output, I get all records. The
filter criteria appears to be ignored

Is this an inherent problem with Report Wizard or Am I doing something
wrong?

Thanks.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

depends on your business logic and what you want to see.

If you have three quotes:
Quote-1 has three products, all with the custom field set to Yes
Q2 has three products, two set to Yes, 1 to No
Q3 has three products, all set to No

If you want to filter for all quotes with a product set to "Yes" you
will get 1 and 2.
If you want quotes where *all* their products are set to "yes" this
filter won't work. You would have to have quote product as the central
record for the report, which you almost certainly don't want.

Hope this helps
Adam

On 20/05/2010 15:57, bw2868bond wrote:
> I am using the Report Wizard to create a simple report.
> Report is using Quotes and Quote Products
>
> I have a custom field in Quote Products which is a bit field Yes-No
> When I use that field as a filter for report output, I get all records.
> The filter criteria appears to be ignored
>
> Is this an inherent problem with Report Wizard or Am I doing something
> wrong?
>
> Thanks.
0
nospam966 (79)
5/20/2010 10:24:44 PM
Thanks for the reply,

In the scenario you present, regardless of selecting Yes or No, I get all 3
Quotes and all Quote Products on those 3 Quotes

Bernie.

"AdamV" <nospam@meteorit.co.uk> wrote in message
> depends on your business logic and what you want to see.
>
> If you have three quotes:
> Quote-1 has three products, all with the custom field set to Yes
> Q2 has three products, two set to Yes, 1 to No
> Q3 has three products, all set to No
>
> If you want to filter for all quotes with a product set to "Yes" you will
> get 1 and 2.
> If you want quotes where *all* their products are set to "yes" this filter
> won't work. You would have to have quote product as the central record for
> the report, which you almost certainly don't want.
>
> Hope this helps
> Adam
>
> On 20/05/2010 15:57, bw2868bond wrote:
>> I am using the Report Wizard to create a simple report.
>> Report is using Quotes and Quote Products
>>
>> I have a custom field in Quote Products which is a bit field Yes-No
>> When I use that field as a filter for report output, I get all records.
>> The filter criteria appears to be ignored
>>
>> Is this an inherent problem with Report Wizard or Am I doing something
>> wrong?
>>
>> Thanks.

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Count If Formula #4

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Excel button problem

Problem with Range

Having problem with spoofing email

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

outlook 97 and express email problems

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

message delivery problems

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

XSL Problem

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03