CRM 4.0 Custom Contact View Problems

In our Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 system we have created a custom view
for the "Contacts" entity. One of the users of our system who has user
privileges at the organizational level can access contact records when
they search for them in the system; however, whenever they select the
view, no records display.

This appears to be a problem only for the user in question because
other users in the system, myself included, can view records using the
view. All permissions/user roles for the user in question appear to be
fine, which is supported by the fact that they can access records when
they search for them individually.

What can be done in either the CRM system or elsewhere to determine
the cause of the problem and then fix it?
0
rdracer58 (1)
9/9/2008 8:25:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

check the filter on the view - it might be set to something like "where
owner = current user" or something that would cause that user to see zero
rows.

Dave Ireland

"mtnbiker419" <rdracer58@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In our Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 system we have created a custom view
> for the "Contacts" entity. One of the users of our system who has user
> privileges at the organizational level can access contact records when
> they search for them in the system; however, whenever they select the
> view, no records display.
>
> This appears to be a problem only for the user in question because
> other users in the system, myself included, can view records using the
> view. All permissions/user roles for the user in question appear to be
> fine, which is supported by the fact that they can access records when
> they search for them individually.
>
> What can be done in either the CRM system or elsewhere to determine
> the cause of the problem and then fix it?

0
direland (470)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Count If Formula #4

Attaching Contacts to new email

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

"View Image Slide Show"

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Problem with Range

contact list #13

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

message delivery problems

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

XSL Problem

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...