CRM 4.0 can not go online - unknown error

Whenever we click on the "Go online" button in Outlook, we receive this
message "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem
persists, contact your system administrator".
We've tried to reconfigure the CRM through the "Configuration Wizard", it
would force CRM to online status, but if we go offline and go online again,
we have same error.
We have thought it is something to do with the VPN setting as all of our
sales people work remotelly but now it happens to people in the office too.
We just have had this issue lately, CRM 4.0 worked fine before.
I've looked up online but have no clue on the resolution. Would appreciate
all the helps as it's driving us crazy.
Thank you.
TG.
0
TG (5)
9/17/2008 3:28:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Having the same problem here.
Did you get it resolved?

"TG" wrote:

> Whenever we click on the "Go online" button in Outlook, we receive this
> message "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem
> persists, contact your system administrator".
> We've tried to reconfigure the CRM through the "Configuration Wizard", it
> would force CRM to online status, but if we go offline and go online again,
> we have same error.
> We have thought it is something to do with the VPN setting as all of our
> sales people work remotelly but now it happens to people in the office too.
> We just have had this issue lately, CRM 4.0 worked fine before.
> I've looked up online but have no clue on the resolution. Would appreciate
> all the helps as it's driving us crazy.
> Thank you.
> TG.
0
sfbruc (4)
10/9/2008 1:51:01 PM
I am also seeing this same issue.  Any resolution?  CRM Support is working
with me but have not been able to find a resolution.

"sfbruc" wrote:

> Having the same problem here.
> Did you get it resolved?
>
> "TG" wrote:
>
> > Whenever we click on the "Go online" button in Outlook, we receive this
> > message "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem
> > persists, contact your system administrator".
> > We've tried to reconfigure the CRM through the "Configuration Wizard", it
> > would force CRM to online status, but if we go offline and go online again,
> > we have same error.
> > We have thought it is something to do with the VPN setting as all of our
> > sales people work remotelly but now it happens to people in the office too.
> > We just have had this issue lately, CRM 4.0 worked fine before.
> > I've looked up online but have no clue on the resolution. Would appreciate
> > all the helps as it's driving us crazy.
> > Thank you.
> > TG.
0
James6891 (359)
11/7/2008 1:09:00 AM
On Nov 6, 5:09=A0pm, James <Ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am also seeing this same issue. =A0Any resolution? =A0CRM Support is wo=
rking
> with me but have not been able to find a resolution.
>
> "sfbruc" wrote:
> > Having the same problem here. =A0
> > Did you get it resolved?
>
> > "TG" wrote:
>
> > > Whenever we click on the "Goonline" button in Outlook, we receive thi=
> > > message "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the prob=
lem
> > > persists, contact your system administrator".
> > > We've tried to reconfigure the CRM through the "Configuration Wizard"=
, it
> > > would force CRM to online status, but if wegooffline andgoonline agai=
n,
> > > we have same error.
> > > We have thought it is something to do with the VPN setting as all of =
our
> > > sales people work remotelly but now it happens to people in the offic=
e too.
> > > We just have had this issue lately, CRM 4.0 worked fine before.
> > > I've looked up online but have no clue on the resolution. Would appre=
ciate
> > > all the helps as it's driving us crazy.
> > > Thank you.
> > > TG.

Hi everyone,

We're having this same issue.  Has a solution ever been determined?
Thanks.

David
0
djew (4)

Count If Formula #4

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Error 550 Relaying denied

number format with leading 0

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Error 130

Outlook 2007 throws an error that it cannot receive email
Office 2007 Ultimate, Outlook 2007 (12.06514.5000) SP2. After sitting idle overnight Outlook 2007 throws an error that it cannot receive email. Closing Outlook 2007 and restarting it resolves this issue. Outlook/Office 2003 on my main PC does not exhibit this behavior. I've confirmed and re-confirmed my email client settings with earthlink.net and the problem does not appear to be there. Again, it seems to be with Outlook 2007 but only on this one PC (hp 180t Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit). I did uninstall my Original Office 2007 Professional and re-installed Office 2007 Ultimate...