CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"

Hi:
I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005
SP2 and then upgrade CRM.
I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact.
The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a
customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for
the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the
error.
I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any.
Any idea will be appreciated,
Regards,

--
Jose Valentin Rodriguez
MCP-GP

Hi Jose,

the problem is that you used a (very usefull) unsupported method.
Here is another (even more) unsupported method for filterning lookups in CRM
4.0 - the old one will not work any more....

http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2827530&SiteID=27

This one has another problem: if you try to type in the lookupfield a value
which isn't in the filtered result the system returns a error.
A fair trade off I think.

But it is also only a workarround for a feature that should be included.....
--
______________
closing and rating answers is a good habit and helps the community.

please make it so

"Valentin PR    MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP" wrote:

> Hi:
> I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005
> SP2 and then upgrade CRM.
> I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact.
> The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a
> customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for
> the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the
> error.
> I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any.
> Any idea will be appreciated,
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jose Valentin Rodriguez
> MCP-GP
> MCBMSS-GP
0
Gregor (48)

An Error has occurred. Please Contact Systems Adminsitrator
I type MSCRM and receive this message - I've been out of town for a week - what can i do to fix this? Some basic things to check 1 - is SQL server started 2 - are you CRM services running especially the CRM security service 3 - are you seeing any strange events on the application event log on the CRM web server? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "tony" <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF93C813-ED8A-4240-AD6E-954189E7FB35@microsoft.com... > I type MSCRM and receive this message - I've been out of town for a wee...

An error has occurred inthe script ... Line: 324, Char:6, Error:'d
the URL that shows up is http://alvendatags.s3.amazonaws.com/v2/code/GenericLoader.js and do I want to continue running scripts on this page? this just started today - what's up with this? and I am running IE8 -- Love is all we need. John Lennon That URL doesn't resolve in Firefox 3.6 or IE 7. The error is in the web page. Contact the webmaster. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est SUZYKISH wrote: > the URL that shows up is > http://alvendatags.s3.amazonaws.com/v2/code/GenericLoader.js > and do I want to continue running scripts on this page? > >...

an error has occurred
We are receiving the message: An error has occurred. Try this action again Receiving this message when trying to add a new Statuscode. We also receive this message when running any case report. On Nov 3, 2:23=A0pm, jgrebe <jgr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are receiving the message: An error has occurred. Try this action agai= n > > Receiving this message when trying to add a new Statuscode. =A0We also re= ceive > this message when running any case report. =A0 jgrebe, First thing I'd do is download CRMDiagTool4. (And, the LogFile reader from Stunnware)...

Resolving Case Error
Web client - One of my users is having problems resolving cases. The error message dialog appears with the following message: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I've checked the event viewer on the server but can't find any further information. The user is in the same Business Unit with the same Role as other users who can resolve Cases without a problem. The user owns the case that he's trying to resolve. We've run a full Publish through deployment manager and IISRESET to ensure all customizations were published....

An error has occurred in the script on this page
I get the error when trying to print email messages out of Outlook 2000. An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 297 Char: 26 Error: Expected ')' Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg Can you please help me with a solution to this problem? Thanks Wayne ...

the selected message(s) could not be moved. An error has occurred
I get the error message "the selected message(s) could not be moved. An error has occurred" when I click the "Junk" button in Windows Live Mail. What can I do to fix this ? ...

An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad
I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a dialog appeared and the error message is : "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system administrator". If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly. I go to the CRM server and find an event: ========================== Source: Microsoft CRM Category:None User: N/A Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

An error has occurred in the script on this page
Receiving the following error: -------------------------------------------------- Internet Explorer Script Error -------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 45 Char 6: Eroor: The system cannot find the file specified Code: 0 URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/*/Local%20Settings/Temp/tmp*.tmp -------------------------------------------------- Currently all users have a roaming profile with full access to local and network temp files. The odd thing about this is that even though two users have the same security credentia...

an error has occurred in the script of this page
I am using Microsoft Office 2003 - Windows XP When trying to enter Micosoft Help and Online, I get the following Menu: an error has occured in the script of this page http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/hfws.aspx? AssetID=HP051998351033&CTT=1&Origin=EC010229861033 &QueryID=KKI81QJK20&respos=7&r=2 Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? When I select 'yes', nothing happens If anyone has come across this, I'd appreciate your help! Thank you ...

Error when adding Contacts: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your System Administrator."
I have a new error message that just two of my users have just started to receive. When they try to add a Contact to an Account, they get the following: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your System Administrator." But when they close the error message, the Contact was in fact generated. Therefore, the error message is popping up but no real error is occurring. It is just plain annoying. I have seen numerous postings in this Group regarding this message, but I have yet to read a solution. Can someone tell me why this error message is occurring? I am the System ...

There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred.
There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Any more info... Good Newsgroup Posts: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm How to ask a newsgroup question: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "frustratedandfedup" <frustratedandfedup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:654ED4DD-E9AA-4C87-9D91-F9162981E978@microsoft.com... > There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Hello F & F, To have no errors Would be ...

An error has occurred CRM 4.0
Hi all, when I am trying create new business unit record in CRM 4.0 it displayed an error that "an error has occured" while saving the record. It was not displayed for initial 3 records after that it was throwing error, It make server updates I have installed CRM roll up 1 and restarted the IIS after that I was able to create one new business unit record successfully after that when I was trying to create another business unit record its again started thowing the same error. Any solutions to resolve this issue pls reply back.... Regads, chn On Jan 5, 1:16=A0am, Chn...

Getting 'An error has occurred' when I Publish my Workflow
The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a generic dialog box. Any clues? -- Marty I am receiving the same frustrating error message. Have you figured out how to fix this? Thnx in advance. Brian www.jaydien.com support@jaydien.com "Marty" wrote: > The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a > generic dialog box. Any clues? > -- > Marty I think what did it was I opened and saved the Tasks or Emails I was working on in the workflow and it eventually saved. Also we had a problem where our drive wa...

An error has occurred in the script on this page
If you create a view at the account level that includes opportunities and then press the down arrow to the left of the Opportunities entity in the Edit Filter Criteria dialog box, you receive the error: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 190. Char 1. Error: Permission Denied. Code: 0. URL: http://mscrm/Tools/ViewEditor/Dialogs/SetFilters.aspx?entityCode=1 This error can be avoided by not pressing the arrow and the view will still function. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wi...

An Error has occurred loading MS CRM functionality
New load of the CRM client software and on Outlook start I get: "An error has occurred loading MS CRM functionality. Try restarting Outlook" Not very informative and of course restarting provides the same error. Anyway to get more info on what is crapping out about it? John, I had some similar issues with some clients during my 3.0 upgrade. Are you on 1.2 or 3.0? Also, are there any errors in your Event logs on that machine? Some other things to try: Remove any cached passwords pointing to the CRM server: ... Navigate to the Control Panel 2. Select 'User Accounts' ...

'there was an error opening this message, an error has occurred'
I get this when I try to open a message, create mail or open the addres book, any ideas anyone? ...

An Error has Occurred when opening Reports and System Settings
Howdy, I've already searched and found a few other posts on this issue, but nothing appears to help. Regarding post from perret@gmail.com on 3/16/06 subject "Server Error when trying to access System Settings", someone suggested http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588, but my SQL and CRM are on the same server, so that article doesn't apply. Also read post from Paul Paintin on 12/7/2005 subject "Reports Not Working - CRM 3.0 Pro..." About 5 replies has a RESOLUTION posted: RESOLUTION =========== 1-Configure the environment for the user ...

An error has occurred message
I have recently moved my CRM from one server to another within the same domain. The system is up and working better than ever, however, I have one major problem. When I go into any of the main settings, such as "Business Units" and double click the unit, I get; "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator". I have restarted the services. I have tried this as every user but have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I have also found the following; I have recently moved the CRM server onto a new server within the same ...

Uploading New Reports
Hey, Anyone seen this infamous message when trying to create new reports in CRM? Browsing to rdl file, setting categorisation etc and clicking Save & Close, but always always always getting this message back. Can successfully add reports that are links to web pages, but not any that are new rdl files, or even new rdl files that are straight copies of existing reports - copied User Summary, tried to add it back in as User Summary Copy, and same error returned. Any advice, cheers. Paul. Hi Paul, Is Reporting Services installed on the same server as CRM is? Is there any message i...

An Error has occurred when trying to logon to CRM
Our CRM was working correctly for well over two months. Yesterday we tried to logon and it allows us to enter our username and password, and then when it trys to load we receive an error that simply states: An error has occurred. For more information please contact your System Administrator. We get two buttons: Try Again or Go Back. This happens for everyone including Administrator. Any thoughts? All services are running correctly and there is no errors in any of the event logs. Are your clients Windows XP and have just applied XP Service Pack 2? If so you need to patch C...

an error has occurred
i am trying to add a new type to the statsucode attribute, but when it tries to update the attribute, i receive a message: An error has occurred. Try this action again. Is there a way to identify what the error message is? We have recently applied update rollup 7 hoping that that would fix the error. Found some additional information in the event viewer: Event code: 3004 Event message: Post size exceeded allowed limits. Event time: 1/29/2010 4:00:44 PM Event time (UTC): 1/29/2010 9:00:44 PM Event ID: 51761d2bcc134638bdfff990ac4d5af2 Event sequence: 6018 Event occurrence: 71 Event ...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator.
An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. I get the above message on the Outlook client when trying to view any details. I see the lists of contacts and accounts on the grid window, but when i click to open them, a window pops up and the error message appears. I can go offline and online with no problems. ...