CRM 4 Workflow - Buggy GUI

Hi,

I have created a fairly long workflow using the workflow GUI, there
are lots of nested wait conditions and check conditions. When I get to
the bottom of the visible screen and add a new stage it adds it on but
I can't see the whole step to edit it, it seems to be when the screen
has got to a certain length that scrollbars are required. When I click
the twisties to hide stages and then display them again sometimes my
new stage appears, sometimes not. It is proving impossible to complete
the workflow, has anybody else encountered this problem?

Thanks

Rob
0
rob.clough (14)
4/11/2008 11:36:39 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Rob,
 Why dont you divide your WorkFlow into Logical Units and create Child
WorkFlows which can be called from the Parent WorkFlow. Taking this
approach will save you from hitting the GUI issue as well as make your
WorkFlow more readable and easier to understand.

 This is not exactly a solution, but a good alternative, Hope it
helps.

Thanks,
Maruf
On Apr 12, 6:20=A0am, Maruf <maruf.dol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
> =A0Why dont you divide your WorkFlow into Logical Units and create Child
> WorkFlows which can be called from the Parent WorkFlow. Taking this
> approach will save you from hitting the GUI issue as well as make your
> WorkFlow more readable and easier to understand.
>
> =A0This is not exactly a solution, but a good alternative, Hope it
> helps.
>
> Thanks,
> Maruf

Hi Maruf

The problem with that solution, is that my processes depend on each
other and should run synchronously. The child workflow approach would
mean that as soon as the main workflow encountered a child workflow it
would start it as a synchronous stage and continue along the main
workflow without waiting for the child workflow to complete.

Cheers
Rob
0
rob.clough (14)
4/14/2008 1:18:38 PM
Could you give some more details about the makeup of the Workflow (i.e.
number of steps, the structure, etc.)? I realize that this is probably a lot
of information, but I would like to try and duplicate the issue.

"Bob" wrote:

> On Apr 12, 6:20 am, Maruf <maruf.dol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Rob,
> >  Why dont you divide your WorkFlow into Logical Units and create Child
> > WorkFlows which can be called from the Parent WorkFlow. Taking this
> > approach will save you from hitting the GUI issue as well as make your
> > WorkFlow more readable and easier to understand.
> >
> >  This is not exactly a solution, but a good alternative, Hope it
> > helps.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Maruf
>
> Hi Maruf
>
> The problem with that solution, is that my processes depend on each
> other and should run synchronously. The child workflow approach would
> mean that as soon as the main workflow encountered a child workflow it
> would start it as a synchronous stage and continue along the main
> workflow without waiting for the child workflow to complete.
>
> Cheers
> Rob

0
mscott (20)
4/28/2008 10:12:00 PM
On Apr 28, 11:12=A0pm, Michael Scott [MSFT]
<msc...@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Could you give some more details about the makeup of the Workflow (i.e.
> number of steps, the structure, etc.)? I realize that this is probably a l=
ot
> of information, but I would like to try and duplicate the issue.
>

> "Bob" wrote:
> > On Apr 12, 6:20 am, Maruf <maruf.dol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Rob,
> > > =A0Why dont you divide your WorkFlow into Logical Units and create Chi=
ld
> > > WorkFlows which can be called from the Parent WorkFlow. Taking this
> > > approach will save you from hitting the GUI issue as well as make your=

> > > WorkFlow more readable and easier to understand.
>
> > > =A0This is not exactly a solution, but a good alternative, Hope it
> > > helps.
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Maruf
>
> > Hi Maruf
>
> > The problem with that solution, is that my processes depend on each
> > other and should run synchronously. The child workflow approach would
> > mean that as soon as the main workflow encountered a child workflow it
> > would start it as a synchronous stage and continue along the main
> > workflow without waiting for the child workflow to complete.
>
> > Cheers
> > Rob- Hide quoted text -

Hi Michael

Here is a textual description of what my workflow looks like:

If a bit attribute on the entity is true then
	Create Task A
	Create Task B
	Wait until Task B is complete/cancelled then
		If Task B was completed
			Create Task C
				Wait until Task C is complete/cancelled then
					If Task C was completed
						Create Task D
							Wait until Task D is complete/cancelled
							*Workflow GUI starts to behave oddly at this point*

HTH
0
rob.clough (14)
4/29/2008 10:18:52 AM
I will let you know when I have something.

Michael

"Bob" wrote:

> On Apr 28, 11:12 pm, Michael Scott [MSFT]
> <msc...@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Could you give some more details about the makeup of the Workflow (i.e.
> > number of steps, the structure, etc.)? I realize that this is probably a lot
> > of information, but I would like to try and duplicate the issue.

> > > Hi Maruf
> >
> > > The problem with that solution, is that my processes depend on each
> > > other and should run synchronously. The child workflow approach would
> > > mean that as soon as the main workflow encountered a child workflow it
> > > would start it as a synchronous stage and continue along the main
> > > workflow without waiting for the child workflow to complete.
> >
> > > Cheers
> > > Rob- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Michael
>
> Here is a textual description of what my workflow looks like:
>
> If a bit attribute on the entity is true then
> 	Create Task A
> 	Create Task B
> 	Wait until Task B is complete/cancelled then
> 		If Task B was completed
> 			Create Task C
> 				Wait until Task C is complete/cancelled then
> 					If Task C was completed
> 						Create Task D
> 							Wait until Task D is complete/cancelled
> 							*Workflow GUI starts to behave oddly at this point*
>
> HTH

0
mscott (20)
4/29/2008 3:42:00 PM
Until there is a resolution to the issue, there are ways to reduce the
"depth" of your condition steps (from the example you gave).

For instance, the two steps:

Wait until Task X is Completed or Canceled
     If Task X is Completed, then

can be changed into the following:

Wait Until Task X is Completed
     Do Steps
Otherwise, Wait Until Task X is Canceled
     Do Nothing

"Bob" wrote:

> On Apr 28, 11:12 pm, Michael Scott [MSFT]
> <msc...@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Could you give some more details about the makeup of the Workflow (i.e.
> > number of steps, the structure, etc.)? I realize that this is probably a lot
> > of information, but I would like to try and duplicate the issue.

> > > Hi Maruf
> >
> > > The problem with that solution, is that my processes depend on each
> > > other and should run synchronously. The child workflow approach would
> > > mean that as soon as the main workflow encountered a child workflow it
> > > would start it as a synchronous stage and continue along the main
> > > workflow without waiting for the child workflow to complete.
> >
> > > Cheers
> > > Rob- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Michael
>
> Here is a textual description of what my workflow looks like:
>
> If a bit attribute on the entity is true then
> 	Create Task A
> 	Create Task B
> 	Wait until Task B is complete/cancelled then
> 		If Task B was completed
> 			Create Task C
> 				Wait until Task C is complete/cancelled then
> 					If Task C was completed
> 						Create Task D
> 							Wait until Task D is complete/cancelled
> 							*Workflow GUI starts to behave oddly at this point*
>
> HTH

0
mscott (20)

CRM Application Error
I have installed CRM 3.0 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition R2. The database is running on the same server running SQL server 2005. I have check to ensure that CRM 3.0 is running on ASP.NET 1.1. When evenany user try to click on Tool either on Customer, Contact, or Account they get the Internet Explorer - application error and everything freeze up then you are giving the option to click ok to close or send to send error to microsoft. It does that with the administrators too. I tried it on the server and I got the "An unhandled Win32 exception occured in IEXPLORER.EXE [1064]&qu...

word to excel #4
The problem with using excel is that most of the staff don�t have it an the one that do panic :confused: , they are not a very IT focused grou (understatement of the year) -- over_worked_Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- over_worked_Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27149 ...

crm login issues #2
Hello, We have CRM version 3, currently all patched up, our crm clients are using Windows XP, Office 2002 (XP) with the most current Microsoft patches, and the most current CRM client. I have one person that keeps getting prompted to log in no matter what she clicks on in CRM. Example she starts outlook clicks on the CRM queue a login window pops up asking her to log in. I can either enter her login nam and password or just click cancel a few times and she is able to do her CRM work, if you close outlook and start Outlook again the first time she clicks on anything for CRM is prompt...

How to make CRM fly (fun thread)
Hi Given a blank sheet of paper - how can we make CRM3 really fly. I've got hardened developers (including myself) who love fast applications, and get seriously annoyed (I can't repeat the language in this forum) with mainframe style latency. So where are the bottlenecks? This is a 15 person implementation. 1 - Javascript processing on the client (my box is a 1.4GHz Celeron - does max out processor) 2 - The IIS webserver (currently 2processor 1GHz Xeon - lightly loaded) 3 - The SQL Server (currently we have 2processor 1GHz Xeon SQL 2000 - lightly loaded) Regards Dave. I impl...

CRM Email Router issue
I have Exchange Server 2007 and WIndows Server 2008 We just installed CRM 4.0 and everything seems to be working except for monitoring of incoming emails. I have installed the CRM Email Router on our Exchange server, tested and it all says successfully connected to each email box, however when a customer sends a response from a CRM email, to me it doesnt auto add it into CRM. The CRM Email router service is started These are some of the errors in the event log: #27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox username@domain.com. System.Net.WebExcept...

CRM 3.0 Reports Not Working in Outlook Client
Recently we had to republish all the reports on the SQL server (2005) in order for them to show up in the web client. They now do and can be run. However, none of our laptop clients are able to run a report. When a user clicks on the report link, they get the following error: Server error '/' application The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized. These same users can run the reports through the web client. I'm at a complete loss and appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Jason Little more background: CRM 3.0 and SQL Server 2005 are on different servers OS: Windows ...

Email router doesn't start (Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemS
Hi I get this message in the event log when trying to restart the mscrm email router service. This was working until a day ago but not anymore. I have looked at the actual file and there is nothing in it like no data - 0KB. I have repaired email router but no luck.. any ideas what else i could pelase try. Regards Snow White Have you tried to restart the "Microsoft CRM Email Router" service on server? are you not able to access email router configuration ? Btw are we talking about CRM 4.0? /Aamir Hi Aamir this is crm 4.0 Yes i have tried to restart the service and the error...

Importing Customizations and Workflows from 3.0
Hi, I've exported some customizations and workflows from CRM 3.0 and want to import to CRM 4.0. I'm trying at the CRM 4.0 interface but it's saying "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file." How should I do that? It isn't possible? tks, Alex Unfortunately you can't export from CRM 3.0 and import into CRM 4.0 Your only option is to have your customisations on a CRM 3.0 server, upgrade the server to CRM 4.0, then export and import the customisations and workflows -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: h...

Expense keeping in MS CRM
Hello. I have a prospective client with a particular need. I appreciate any potential solutions, including customizations or add-on products. A sales rep makes an appointment and almost always has travel expenses related to the appointment. My prospect would like the ability to use either Outlook, or preferably CRM to track expenses associated with an appointment, and then print an expense report at the end of a week or month. Does anyone know of solutions? Any add-on? Any customizations? Thanks for your assistance, Mitch Youngerman Insyte Busines Partners myoungerman@insytebus...

CRM 3.0 Faxing
Apart from OmniRush, does anyone know of any other Faxing software which is compatible with CRM 3.0 ? Thanks Nicos Papaioannou ...

CRM Server Application has not yet been upgraded error...
I have posted on this one myself before and was fortunate enough to have it go away on its own last time around. I also have seen this one go unanswered for others, but here is another cry for help... When trying to install CRM SFO on Win XPPro Outlook 2k3 Both fully patched in a CRM 1.2 environement, I am getting a message that says " Your CRM Server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade Microsoft CRM Server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook again". Message makes it appear the system thinks there is a version mismatch, but this office has never ...

Opening Publisher Files #4
I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? If so, how? Thanks!!! While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Winnie <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have > Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? Try asking the person who sent you the file to do a File > Save As... > Publisher 2000. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ww...

Error while installing workflow for GP 10
Hi while installing workflow for GP10 getting InstallSystemSecurityMetadata.exe error. We have installed MOSS and Web Service on a single server and even trying to install workflow on same server Hello, This error is occured if you installed these applications other than a domain user. You ensure that this machine is a part of a domain controller and use a domain account to install all these. Thanks "Sandeep" wrote: > Hi > while installing workflow for GP10 getting InstallSystemSecurityMetadata.exe > error. We have installed MOSS and Web Service on a single server ...

Lost Folder #4
Can someone help me here I just deleted an email but for some reason the entire folder disappeared (its a folder I created which only has emails according to a rule I set up). The folder is not in the delte box and I know the folder exists because I can see emails going from the inbox to the folder. BUT I cannot see or find the folder. Anyone have any ideas how to find / restore the folder Please email me vik does you deleted items folder have an expand/collapse +/- icon ? whenever I delete an entire folder, it does not go into the deleted items folder, it attaches itself to it an...

PUBLIC FOLDER PROBLEMS #4
Hi, Using SBS 2003, exchange public folder get's corrupted periodically (every six month or so), in where I , as owner of publick folder object, cannot add additional records (messages, or emails) to public folder folders. Messages I get : Can't copy the items. Cannot complete the copy operation. The items may have been moved or deleted or you may have not sufficient permissions. I am copying them from my send items folders to a public folder. Any clues why?? I do notice I can copy some records, and some records not. Before I would re-populate the poblick folder from a backup pst...

Urgent: Accessing CRM DB
We have CRM installed for our sales team. There is an in house application which has to access the accounts stored in the CRM system. This is avery urgent requirement and to save time we are thinking of accessing the crm database directly to read the accounts (though microsft recommends the use of SDK). My questions are - Is this a safe approach (keeping in mind that we will just read the information, not update/delete anything) - What should be the query filters to pick accounts? Should it be deletionstatecode <> 2 only? The other question I has was, is it ok to create custom ta...

Formula help please #4
I want to countif column C is 2-Aug-04 & Column D is tp015& Column E is 23. I need to capture this all in the same function in order to shorten time for data entry, and it allows me to get the speciic data needed ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi try =SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C100=DATE(2004,8,2)),--(D1:D100="tp015"),--(E1:E100=2 3)) For more about Sumproduct see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &quo...

CRM 3.0 Conveting Campaign Tasks into Tasks
I would like to convert Campaign Tasks into Tasks. The reason for this is that only Tasks are sync'ed with Outlook. Can it be done with the workflow manager. I had a look at it but without any result. Tnx ...

Change Organization name and use exisiting CRM DB
I did a search on this could not find it here. We need to change the organization name and be able to re-use the data which is already in the CRM Database. Is this going to work? what are the steps? I know probably the redeployment is one way. correct? any other way? The original CRM key and org-name was MSDN and the new one is "official" Microsoft issued license with the legal company name. Thanks for any suggestions. Regards Max Sounds like this is for v1.2. In that case, the Redeployment Tool is the only way to go. There are too many ties between the DB and AD in v1.2. -...

CRM 4.0
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm not able to translate all labels with the “export labels for translation” function and Microsoft Excel. a. When exporting translations and adding translations in the language specific column (1033 / English in my situation) not all labels get translated. Most labels get translated, but for example the following did not: i. ‘Beheer’ --> ‘Administration’ (Name of a tab on the Task entity ii. ‘Interne gegevens’ à ‘Internal Information’ (Name of a section on many different enti...

Save As #4
I would like to know if there is a way to save a file automatically based on a name or value in a specifc cell on the worksheet. For example, cell B5 contains the value 22. When I go to save can I have it automatically save the file as 22.xls You could use a macro: option explicit sub testme() with activeworkbook .saveas filename:=.path & "\" & .worksheets("sheet99").range("b5").value, _ fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal end with end sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Weird Problem With Office 2004 on Tiger 10.4.1
Here's the readers digest version of the problem. A friend just went from 9.2.2 to Tiger yesterday and when he tried to install the Office 2004 upgrade, it said that his product key was not correct. A phone call to Microsoft confirmed that the key was actually valid and there was some issue with his system. I tried the same CD on another system with the same key and it worked, so it would appear they are correct. I took a full version of Office 2004 and it installed fine. However, none of the apps will start. The icons will bounce for a bit and then stop bouncing. No error messages get di...

GUIs and Toolkits
I am working on a GUI intensive application and I am looking to buy a toolkit that would help in building good looking application. I have narrowed down my search to these two: Ultimate Toolbox V9.0 Codejock Xtreme Toolkit Has anyone used these toolkits in their MFC app? If so, please let me know which one is better? Thanks. Jess "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:q_xQf.55727$Jd.22359@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... >I am working on a GUI intensive application and I am looking to buy a >toolkit that would help in building good looking ap...

CRM Campaign Management Work-around in v1.2
Similar to the quick campaign in v3.0, is there a way to create a phone call activity for "multiple" contacts in v1.2? Afraid not. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "CG" <CG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE52140-9144-4B2F-8EC9-9E1671DBB9A2@microsoft.com... Similar to the quick campaign in v3.0, is there a way to create a phone call activity for "multiple" contacts in v1.2? Well, you could create a manual workflow rule that simply creates an activity, and then from any grid in CRM, select "Actions | Apply Rule", and sel...

CRM sending email activity error
hi, has any1 encounter any server error in '/' Application (common standard crm error page) when sending activity email? for my case on how i encounter this error was, when i continuously create an email activity, send the email for like 5times? or sometime after 30mins i will encounter this error. and after 1hr later or so, i try to resend this email again, it send out successfully. But not always after 1hr this thing will work perfectly again. it will still prompt the error again. so this is not very stable. Not sure if is a bug in crm or there's anything wrong with the crm ema...