CRM 4 Web Access Problem

Hi,

we have downloaded CRM 4 and installed it on our SBS 2003 Premium R2 Server.
The installation completed successfully with no apparant errors but we
cannot connect using the URL http://server:5555 - there is an error on the
webpage:

Line:194
Char:1
Error: Object Expected
Code:0

Has anyone come across this problem and a fix?

thanks.

0
steve1946 (8)
1/8/2008 5:47:35 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you try to access it from the server? Can you check your ASP.Net
version under IIS? what version is it?

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jan 8, 11:47=A0am, "Michael Brown" <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have downloaded CRM 4 and installed it on our SBS 2003 Premium R2 Serve=
r.
> The installation completed successfully with no apparant errors but we
> cannot connect using the URLhttp://server:5555- there is an error on the
> webpage:
>
> Line:194
> Char:1
> Error: Object Expected
> Code:0
> URL:http://server:5555
>
> Has anyone come across this problem and a fix?
>
> thanks.

0
darrenliu (251)
1/8/2008 9:38:23 PM
same problem when accessing from the Server. ASP.NET version is v2.0.50727

On Jan 8, 11:47 am, "Michael Brown" <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have downloaded CRM 4 and installed it on our SBS 2003 Premium R2
> Server.
> The installation completed successfully with no apparant errors but we
> cannot connect using the URLhttp://server:5555- there is an error on the
> webpage:
>
> Line:194
> Char:1
> Error: Object Expected
> Code:0
> URL:http://server:5555
>
> Has anyone come across this problem and a fix?
>
> thanks.

0
steve1946 (8)
1/9/2008 8:57:03 AM
hum... have you add your crm url to the trust site or relax the
security permission on the browser, it seems like that the browser is
blocking (JavaScript, etc...) that's being pass to the server.

On Jan 9, 2:57=A0am, "Michael Brown" <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> same problem when accessing from the Server. ASP.NET version is v2.0.50727=

> "Darren Liu" <darren...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Did you try to access it from the server? Can you check your ASP.Net
> version under IIS? what version is it?
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Crowehttp://www.crowecrm.com
>
> On Jan 8, 11:47 am, "Michael Brown" <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > we have downloaded CRM 4 and installed it on our SBS 2003 Premium R2
> > Server.
> > The installation completed successfully with no apparant errors but we
> > cannot connect using the URLhttp://server:5555-there is an error on the
> > webpage:
>
> > Line:194
> > Char:1
> > Error: Object Expected
> > Code:0
> > URL:http://server:5555
>
> > Has anyone come across this problem and a fix?
>
> > thanks.- Hide quoted text -

darrenliu (251)
1/9/2008 5:44:01 PM
I solved the same issue by deleting all controls inside IE. Maybe this helps
here too?
--
Fritz Theiss

"Steve White" wrote:

> yes - I added the URL to the "Trusted Sites" and made sure that the Security
> level was set to low. I also tried accessing
> http://server:5555/mycompanycrm/loader.aspx and while the page does load
> there are obvious errors (see example below). OWA & companyweb both work
> without any problems.
>

> "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hum... have you add your crm url to the trust site or relax the
> security permission on the browser, it seems like that the browser is
> blocking (JavaScript, etc...) that's being pass to the server.
>

> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Crowe
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>
> On Jan 9, 2:57 am, "Michael Brown" <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > same problem when accessing from the Server. ASP.NET version is v2.0.50727
> >
> > "Darren Liu" <darren...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Did you try to access it from the server? Can you check your ASP.Net
> > version under IIS? what version is it?
> >
> > Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> > Crowehttp://www.crowecrm.com
> >
> > On Jan 8, 11:47 am, "Michael Brown" <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> >
> > > we have downloaded CRM 4 and installed it on our SBS 2003 Premium R2
> > > Server.
> > > The installation completed successfully with no apparant errors but we
> > > cannot connect using the URLhttp://server:5555-there is an error on the
> > > webpage:
> >
> > > Line:194
> > > Char:1
> > > Error: Object Expected
> > > Code:0
> > > URL:http://server:5555
> >
> > > Has anyone come across this problem and a fix?
> >
> > > thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Forget about my previous post. I mixed it up with a different scenario.
--
Fritz Theiss

"Fritz Theiss" wrote:

> I solved the same issue by deleting all controls inside IE. Maybe this helps
> here too?
> --
> Fritz Theiss
>

> "Steve White" wrote:
>
> > yes - I added the URL to the "Trusted Sites" and made sure that the Security
> > level was set to low. I also tried accessing
> > http://server:5555/mycompanycrm/loader.aspx and while the page does load
> > there are obvious errors (see example below). OWA & companyweb both work
> > without any problems.
> >

> > "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > hum... have you add your crm url to the trust site or relax the
> > security permission on the browser, it seems like that the browser is
> > blocking (JavaScript, etc...) that's being pass to the server.
> >

> > Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> > Crowe
> > http://www.crowecrm.com
> >
> > On Jan 9, 2:57 am, "Michael Brown" <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > same problem when accessing from the Server. ASP.NET version is v2.0.50727
> > >
> > > "Darren Liu" <darren...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Did you try to access it from the server? Can you check your ASP.Net
> > > version under IIS? what version is it?
> > >
> > > Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> > > Crowehttp://www.crowecrm.com

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? We are in the same situation, we want to
migrate over to CRM 4 ASAP but we are unable to setup this version as we are
getting the same script errors on the default web site.

Thanks
Stuart

"Fritz Theiss" wrote:

> Forget about my previous post. I mixed it up with a different scenario.
> --
> Fritz Theiss
>

> "Fritz Theiss" wrote:
>
> > I solved the same issue by deleting all controls inside IE. Maybe this helps
> > here too?
> > --
> > Fritz Theiss
> >

> > "Steve White" wrote:
> >
> > > yes - I added the URL to the "Trusted Sites" and made sure that the Security
> > > level was set to low. I also tried accessing
> > > http://server:5555/mycompanycrm/loader.aspx and while the page does load
> > > there are obvious errors (see example below). OWA & companyweb both work
> > > without any problems.
> > >

> > > "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > hum... have you add your crm url to the trust site or relax the
> > > security permission on the browser, it seems like that the browser is
> > > blocking (JavaScript, etc...) that's being pass to the server.
> > >

> > > Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> > > Crowe
> > > http://www.crowecrm.com

Little (3)
1/17/2008 2:41:01 PM
Hi Stuart,

I gave up in the end and installed CRM on our other SQL Server 2005 box
instead of the SBS 2003 Premium R2 box.

"Stu Little" <Stu Little@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone got any thoughts on this? We are in the same situation, we want
> migrate over to CRM 4 ASAP but we are unable to setup this version as we
> are
> getting the same script errors on the default web site.
>

> Thanks
> Stuart
>

> "Fritz Theiss" wrote:
>
>> Forget about my previous post. I mixed it up with a different scenario.
>> --
>> Fritz Theiss
>>

>> "Fritz Theiss" wrote:
>>
>> > I solved the same issue by deleting all controls inside IE. Maybe this
>> > helps
>> > here too?
>> > --
>> > Fritz Theiss

patmac (2)

cannot access links in emails
This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer -- Thanks, Ronjon444 ronjon444 wrote: > This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. > This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this > computer You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online searches? Google still works: http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22 Operation ca...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

CRM and Exchange 10-22-03

Terminal server CRM Outlook Sessions affects CRM desktop outlook
Hi; CRM 4: I have a user who uses Outlook CRM client both on her desktop and on her Terminal Server session (not at the same time). She has a problem in that the CRM toolbar and tracking becoming disabled on the desktop when she has been using CRM Outlook via the terminal server. I have looked at her CRM settings using the Terminal Server CRM client and it has the "use this client for synchronisation tick box" greyed out but with a tick in it. I would have thought that this should not be ticked as it is not the main CRM Outlook tool for the user. Any help greatly appreciated....

SMTP Service on CRM Server?
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for a yes/no answer. Is it OK for me to enable the SMTP service on my 2003 CRM Server? I don't see why it would cause any problems but I wanted to poll the group before proceeding. I need SMTP to send automatic emails after a post-callout. Thanks in advance! Regards, -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia I had a customer who had the SMTP service running on the CRM server to enable a POP3 connector and I did not see any side effects...so my vote is 'Yes'. C "Razorback" <Razorback@discussions.mic...

Syncronization of Access Database with Replica over the Net
Dear Professional. I want to Sycronize a database and its replica using the Net. Can you guide me in this regard. Best Wishes, Noor Mohammed Khan Try looking at the information here: http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/Replication/index.php?title=Main_Page -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "eJirga@gmail.com" wrote: > Dear Professional. I want to Sycronize a database and its replica > using the Net. Can you guide me i...

Is it possible to call reporting Services from our internet web si
Is it possible to call reporting Services from our internet web site? The website and reporting server are on different domains. What i am looking is when user clicks on the link of our web site to see reports he needs to be prompted with windows credentials. This is happening now on our web site and when he/she gives his/her credentials the user should be successfully taken to the home page of reporting services. But instead of this we are getting "The page can not be dispalyed error". What needs to be done to fix this. Thank You. ...

CRM 4 Workflow
Folks I have some basic worflows, one to send an email and to re-assign a case when it is created, sometimes it runs and sometimes not - no pattern, no errors in the event logs either - any ideas where to start looking? Regards Gavin Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service on CRM server is working without any problem? /Aamir It has never failed and there are no records in the event loggs!!! "Aamir" wrote: > Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service on CRM server is > working without any problem? > /Aamir > > when workflow stops or dont perform...

Cached Exchange and GAL Problem
I have a windows domain with an Exchange organisation that houses multiple e-mail domains. Each E-mail domain belongs to a different company and has its own GAL. When the users login via terminal services and start Outlook they only see the users within their own company. This is fine, no problem here......Some of these users connect with the same username and password using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP that connects to exactly the smae Exchange organisation. When using cached exchange mode and the user clicks on the address book, it displays the entire organisation including information about t...

OT: Accessing this NG via Usenet-News
Well, how lovely to discover that I've still got 5.7gb's left to use with Usenet-News, from a block that I bought year and years ago ! :-) I've now deleted msnews.microsoft.com from OE ....now lets' have a rummage..... regards, Richard From: "RJK" <nosuch@hotmail.com> | Well, how lovely to discover that I've still got 5.7gb's left to use with | Usenet-News, from a block that I bought year and years ago ! :-) | I've now deleted msnews.microsoft.com from OE | ...now lets' have a rummage..... | regards, Richard ...

Formula problem #9
Hi, I have entered a small formula in a cell =A1+B1 the result is also fine but if i have edit the formula i have to again type the entire thing. Is there a shortcut to this where i can easily do the editing of the formula, i guess i am missing something out here. Hi, I guess you are not able to see the formula in the formula bar if it is so then go to Tools|Options|View|check the formula bar check box|ok -- _______________________ Click "Yes" if it helps ________ Thanks Suleman Peerzade "Niroo" wrote: > Hi, > > I have entered a small formula in a cell ...

XML schema validation #4
I'm getting following errors in my schema validation . Error Message: The 'TimeSeries' element is not declared. An error occurred at , (1, 2). The 'http://alx.ml.com/mapsws:BoxColor' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (1, 163). It would be great if some one could tell me what Im doing wrong. ? It works if I remove the targetnamespace and xmlns elements from schema and xml files. This TimeSeries object is passed as a parameter to my web service method(GetTimeSeries). And the raw soap msg is adding the namespace xmlns:d4p1="http://alx.ml.com/mapsws"...

CRM 3 won't allow login
Gah! A number of errors here... running 3.0SBE on SBS2003 Premium. Had to install and reinstall numerous times before reaching this point (with still some way to go). 1) SQL Reporting Services didn't load server component as ASP.NET 1.1 wasn't installed. It is. As is ASP.NET 2.0 2) Loading default.aspx comes up with "Authentication Error: CRM could not log you onto the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and you have been assigned at least one security role." I can't login to Deployment Manager under the Admin login. the error here is that "the server h...

Subform Data Entry Problems
I have a subform based on a query linked to the Form by "ContactID". The query works fine when run independent of the subform. I am able to enter all data fields and where necessary the autonumber function assigns properly. But when I try to use the subform all records related by my table "tblADDRESS" do not allow data entry (the fields are not locked). I imagine the ContactID Master/Child link in some way is interfering with the query in Form view, but I've tried every variation of join properties within the Query for the Subform and in the Query for the main...

Missing Contacts #4
I've been backing my contacts regularly from Outlook 2000 exporting the address book to Excel: /File Import and Export Export to a File Microsoft Excel Contacts (folder) So when my hard drive crashed and burned a few weeks, I thought no problem. Fired up my new computer, imported the Excel file back into Outlook 2000 on the new system and... I now have names, addresses, phone numbers, and everything else for my contacts EXCEPT email addresses. What's up with this? QUESTION #1: Do email adresses not get exported when you output an address book to Excel? The old drive is toa...

Access
�Como se establecen las relaciones en access? ...

unable to access OWA
Hi, We have a problem with OWA. We are using OWA for quite a time now and everything worked fine. Until this week, with no apparent reason we are unable to access the OWA-website. When going to the OWA-website, the page seems to load and you see the different buttons come up, but then it says "Loading..." and it stays there for the rest of time. Browsing the different forums and newsgroups haven't helpt us out yet. So any help or hint would be welcome. Config. Windows 2000 server with all service packs, exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are Windows XP (some with and some with...

Accessing the schema type value from XSLT ...
Folks, Have any of you figured out a way in .NET 1.1 to access the scheme type of a Xml node from XSLT? Appreciate any pointers or code snippets that you can provide. After some extensive research (& head-scratching) I understand I need the PSVI(Post Schema Validated Infoset). I can't seem to figure out how to use PSVI with XSLT. Am I on the right track here? Thanks, -Naraendira -- NaraendiraKumar R. R. wrote: > Have any of you figured out a way in .NET 1.1 to access the scheme type of a > Xml node from XSLT? Appreciate any pointers or code snippets that you can >...

Uninstall/Re-install CRM for Outlook
After installing CRM for Outlook on a client computer (Win XP and Office 2003), CRM 1.2, Exchange 2003, Server 2003, I had a problem with a profile, which I deleted. From that time on, nothing worked, the CRM for Outlook would not work, I could not uninstall the CRM from Add/Remove Programs (I get this message: "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"). I can't re-install either as I am notified that the product is already installed. I can't remove folders (Microsoft CrM) as some files are in use... What to do? Could you please give ...

Conditional Format #4
Hi, I've got some conditional formatting in some columns but not others. When I enter data in a row moving from one column to the next and I get to a column with no CF, Excel copies accros the CF from the previous column. Is this a 'Helpful' idea by Excel and if so can I turn it off? If it's not does anyone know how I can fix the columns with no conidtion to stay with the original formatting? Thanks Ian Try this: <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, And *UNCHECK* "Extend list formats and formulas". -- HTH, RD ===============================...

Getting Compaq to Boot With 4 Gig Memory
We have a Compaq W8000 workstation with 4 GB of memory installed. Unfortunately Windows can only retrieve and use about 3.61 GB of that. It looks like the BIOS of various cards might be locking up part of the first 640 KB of memory? Can anyone give some advice on how to get Windows to get use of the full 4GB of memory? -- W On Mar 9, 7:40=A0pm, "W" <persistent...@spamarrest.com> wrote: > We have a Compaq W8000 workstation with 4 GB of memory installed. > Unfortunately Windows can only retrieve and use about 3.61 GB of that. = =A0 It > looks like...

.msg file access violation in Outlook
Hi, I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access violation message when re-opening in Outlook. How do I solve this? Thanks. -- AKS "dee" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. > > I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of > the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access > violation message when re-op...

Mail Merge from Access with datasource being a password protected
I have an Access application distributed to users of Office 2003 and Office 2007 via a runtime front end. The application needs to trigger a Mail Merge which will use query results in back end, which is protected by a password. I have coded in VB to cope with this in an Office 2007 environment - but when running with Office 2003 Word is asking for the data source when initially opening the mail merge document from Accesss; when opened directly it does not ask for the data source and when responding with "No" to the SQL prompt it opens fine. Can anyone help? My code...

CRM SQL Database size, scaling and archiving
Our company is considering Dynamics CRM. Us poor IT guys have to make sure it keeps running for years to come. And we lack the experience, including bigger SQL implementations. I'm concerned about 3 things. They might be dumb questions, but I'm asking anyway. What's the maximum database size in terms of relations/contacts ? At what stage does SQL grind to a halt. Are we talking 100.000 contacts ? Or 1.000.000 ? or 10.000.000 ? Can I seperate the different datasets (email-history, cases, documents etc) across seperate SQL databases or even servers ? For instance, if someone ...

Using Access 2003 for Inventory
I plan to setup our inventory system in the warehouse using Access 2003. Now, what I would like it to do (and it has been a long time since I have tried to do anything with access so I don't remember if this is possible or not) is automatically create a report that will tell me when I am low on equipment and possibly e-mail it to me and my supervisor. I'd also like to do the samething so with our drop material (cables, ground blocks, etc.) and have it e-mail to the owner so that he can place an order. The system, ideally, will also allow me to view what our technicians have on ...