CRM 4 Mobile?

I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows
Mobile devices.

All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the
Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the
GotDotNet site.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No information at this time

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist
http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde

"Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows
> Mobile devices.
>
> All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the
> Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the
> GotDotNet site.
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated.

0
John
12/6/2007 4:17:48 AM
Last week in Munich I have been told, that CRM Mobile will not be "upgraded"
to 4.0!
Whatever that means.

Markus Schmidt

0
Markus
12/6/2007 8:30:00 AM
Hi Markus,

Thanks for the information. That still leaves 3rd party tools I suppose. I
think it would be a bad idea not to continue with the Mobile edition, as it
helps the competition that does have a mobile solution.

Brett

"Markus Schmidt" wrote:

> Last week in Munich I have been told, that CRM Mobile will not be "upgraded"
> to 4.0!
> Whatever that means.
>
> Markus Schmidt

We use the CWR product and there will be a Version 4 release coming soon,
they are testing it now and demonstrating at MS events.

Unofficially at the Partner readiness event a MS Rep said CRM Express will
be upgraded to Version 4, but not for a while.

--
Warren Shrimpton
Leading Solutions

"Brett" wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks for the information. That still leaves 3rd party tools I suppose. I
> think it would be a bad idea not to continue with the Mobile edition, as it
> helps the competition that does have a mobile solution.
>
> Brett
>
> "Markus Schmidt" wrote:
>
> > Last week in Munich I have been told, that CRM Mobile will not be "upgraded"
> > to 4.0!
> > Whatever that means.
> >
> > Markus Schmidt

Thanks Warren,

I've been in contact with CRW too - looking forward to seeing their V4 soon.

Brett

"Warren Shrimpton" wrote:

> We use the CWR product and there will be a Version 4 release coming soon,
> they are testing it now and demonstrating at MS events.
>
> Unofficially at the Partner readiness event a MS Rep said CRM Express will
> be upgraded to Version 4, but not for a while.
>

> --
> Warren Shrimpton
> Leading Solutions
>

> "Brett" wrote:
>

> > Hi Markus,
> >
> > Thanks for the information. That still leaves 3rd party tools I suppose. I
> > think it would be a bad idea not to continue with the Mobile edition, as it
> > helps the competition that does have a mobile solution.
> >
> > Brett
> >
> > "Markus Schmidt" wrote:
> >
> > > Last week in Munich I have been told, that CRM Mobile will not be "upgraded"
> > > to 4.0!
> > > Whatever that means.
> > >
> > > Markus Schmidt

CRM customization 02-17-04
Hi all, I am very new to the MS CRM world, and I have got some requests from a client for customizing the CRM, and I was wondering if anyone out there has implemented any of these customizations? 1)As an opportunity is processed through the MSCRM system, mandatory data entry fields must change to reflect stage of the opportunity. 2)As entries are made in pick-lists, each subsequent pick-list should change default value to reflect previous value. 3)Based on the status of each opportunity, certain fields are to be "disabled" and not allowed to be changed by end-user. These "di...

FRx error #4
I am having a peculiar error when running frx on a workstation. FRx works fine on the machine when I log into FW company. However, when I select the Great Plains company, I get the C++ run time library error: Run Time error. Program: C:\programfiles\..\frx32.exe abnormal program termination. This is frx 6.7 on Great Plains 8.0 ...

Non Domain Users in CRM??
Is it possible to have non domain users in CRM? The reason i ask, is because we just went to an Active Directory Domain last March, and made the change from Novell and Lotus Notes, to AD and Exchange. I have allot of users who arent actually using the domain, and log into thier local machine. they have accounts in the AD for Exchange, and other stuff, but they will not want to be forced over to the daomain for this program.... any ideas? Rodney yes, all of them have domain accounts. We use Exchange, and they need it for that, as well as other network security. Rodney Alistaird @ ...

using CRM email
When using CRM email, when it comes out of our exchange server has "SPAM:" in front of the subject and "CRM 0000000" (crm number) at the end of the subject. How can we stop that from happening. Hi Richard, that, obviously is the works of your anti-spam software installed on the Exchange and you need to tell this software not to mark internally originated emails as spam. The reason why CRM emails are marked as spam is precisely because of the unique number at the end. A lot of anti-spam systems raise spam ranking significantly once they detect identifiers in the sub...

CRM Business Unit issues
I have encountered some problems with CRM business units following a recent upgrade of demo data from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. Also, I have some uncertainties relating to business units and I have some questions hopefully someone might be able to help me with. Assuming the user has an enabled windows account in Active Directory, what is the difference, if any, between a user being disabled from a business unit and a user belonging to a disabled business unit? Perhaps there isn’t one but I do notice 2 action menus and when I looked at one of the business units and then selected users the statu...

CRM 3.0 KB927751 Update Roll Up Install Problem
Hi, I'm running CRM 3.0 Small Business edition on Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 with SQL 2005. When I try to install the update roll up (KB927751) It unpack the files, but before the instalation starts, it comes up with an Installation Error saying: "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped." Does anybody have any clues as to what might be causing this? The rest of the CRM appears to work fine. Thanks in advance Tim Solved the problem in the end - It turns out that the DataMigration pack caused the issue. Uninstalling th...

Cross Domain in Mobile CRM
Does Mobile CRM support users in cross domain? I have two domains. - CRMTest01 contains (AD CRM users, CRM Server, SQL) - CRMTest02 contains (AD CRM users) CRM users in both domain can login and use MSCRM web version properly. Both in Mobile CRM, only users in CRMTest01 login Mobile CRM. users in CRMTest02 got the error message "Login failed. You are not registered to use this application" Is there any configuration that i should do? Thanks! What is the Trust relationship between the two domains? "new guy in MSCRM" wrote: > Does Mobile CRM support users in cross ...

Microsoft 4.0 workflow owner
We have a slight issue with Microsoft 4.0 workflows. We have created a workflow that creates tasks for users. These workflows are kicked off when an Opportunity is created. The assigned owner of tasks that are created from the workflow come from a lookup that is not required. So, it could be blank. We have tested it and when the lookup is blank the owner of the task becomes the owner of the workflow. Is there a way to default the owner to the owner of the opportunity if the lookup is blank? Any assistance would be great. Hello robd3430, Sure. in your workflow, create a check conditio...

Transfer live CRM install from MSDN_Subscriber OU to new OU through ActionPack license
Hi, I'm sure this post has already been answered a thousand times, but I can't see any in recent times. I, like most of you, installed the MSDN copy of CRM 1/1.2 with it's associated licensing restriction. Of course, we used this install for all of our data etc, and now want to use the licensing that came with the MS action pack to set up the correct company/organization info. If anyone has done this, or knows that it can't be done, i would be grateful for any info. Cheers Chris There is no supported way to do this, but I have heard that you can delete certain registr...

Major Flaws and bugs- Reported but not fixed- 4 YEARS running!
If you are Retail business owner or support person and you use RMS, then please read and comment on the following in RMS... Regarding Flaws, Bugs, etc. Does any one on this forum use work orders to do special orders for customers? I do- It works great except for ONE VERY MAJOR flaw. Lets say I have a customer who wants to order something that I do not have in stock or do not carry in my store, but what I can order in from my vendor. So I create a Work Order and order for lets say 12 different special order Items (products) that I do not normally carry in my store. So the next time I do a ...

Outlook reminder #4
I have a reminder that continues to pop up even though the task has been deleted. When I dismiss the reminder I am given an error that the task cannot be dismissed because it does not exist. How can I clean this up? From the command line, start Outlook with the /cleanreminders switch. Outlook.exe /cleanreminders -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71d001c3e741$3e83ee70$a001280a@phx...

Pie Charts #4
In my pie chart, items are grouping together as other even though there is no "other" in my budget -- why? It is actually a cool idea -- how to I add other items to this "other" (e.g. very small percentages of the pie). "IDA" <IDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D4861F6-7AF7-4105-8994-3DDC77BC794F@microsoft.com... > In my pie chart, items are grouping together as other even though there is no > "other" in my budget -- why? It is actually a cool idea -- how to I add > other items to this "other" (e.g. very s...

How does EWS v3.0.4 sync Notes and Tasks with Exchange 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange According to the blurb on the new EWS v3.0.4, Entourage can now use Exchange based Notes and Tasks (yahoo!!). We're using Exchange 2007 with rollup v7.0 and EWS v3.0.4, but still can't work out HOW to get the Exchange based Notes and Tasks. <br> Using EWS, I can see the two folders inside the Exchange account, hut how are they actually mounted or accessed? This information is not noted anywhere in the 3.0.4 release notes, Entourage help etc I think I've found the answ...

Dynamics 4.0
If i use the All # A B C D E ... search quick links, my grid remains filtered by my custom default view ("Active Parent Organisations"). When I search (using the free text search) on my filtered grid, the my custom view is overriden with a "Search Results" view. thereby returning unwanted records that were previously filtered out by my custom view Is there any way to make the search work keep my custom view active?! Logically why would searching remove the chosen view?! Almost rendering the custom views useless unless you use the A B C D E navigation tool at the bot...

Prepare CSV source files for CRM 4.0 Data Migration
Hi all, I have a question regarding CSV source files for CRM 4.0 data migration. I have CRM 4.0 setup already, and would like to migrate my data from another CRM system (CRM 3.0). According to the CRM 4.0 SDK, it says "For more information about how to create and prepare CSV source files for import and data migration, see the Microsoft Dynamics CRM online Help." I am wondering if anyone is able to find any guide on creating the source files ?? Or pointing me to a right direction. My initial idea was to export by using the "Export Data to Excel" and select "Dy...

CRM 4.0 displaying duplicate records
Using DMM I imported 18,000 contact records from a csv file. In CRM when displaying contacts, each contact shows 3 times. However, a sql select does not show any dupes. Why is this happening? ...

Goldmine to CRM import
Has anyone tried importing data from Goldmine 5.7, 6.0 into CRM? I have heard that MS was working on a utility to do this. Is it available and has anyone actually used it?? Thanks. David I have used Scribe Migrate extensively for this and it works great for this and for migrating into and out of any tables in MS-CRM. List is $995 for the utility, but I have a license in stock. We are dealers. Make me a reasonable offer if you'd like to buy a copy. - Sterling "DCG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c3c8e9$f70040f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... ...

CRM Client for outlook #2
Does anyone know what the command to do the following: Silent install of CRM Client for Outlook to the default folder "c: \Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM" Silent install of CRM Client for Outlook with offline access to the default folder "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM" Thanks, Al Al, There is no "command switch" for the setup on CRM outlook client. You modify a config XML file that gives all of the answers for the install. The implementation guide has quite a bit of info: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-d...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error 01-03-06
Near the end of the install, I get a dialog box with the following error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup --------------------------- Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. --------------------------- Retry Cancel --------...

AD & CRM Teams
Hi, is there a some kind of relation between AD group nad CRM team? In other words, when I added one member in CRM team, this user is automatically has been added in AD group (which has the same name as CRM team). Is that normal? Yes that is normal. The current version of CRM (1.2) uses AD groups extensively, hence the reason for AD needing to be in Native Mode so it can support group nesting. Sean Fullerton "Radovan" <Radovan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D7DE1D9-2AA5-4315-854A-5A41D5AC218A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is there a some kind of re...

CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 05-27-06
We have a SBS 2003 Premium Edition Box we use as a test bed for testing out programs before we try to sell them to our customers or add the program to our products base. CRM 3.0 sounded like a great program to add to our product line, but after about 5 hours of fidding around trying to get the thing installed following the instructions in Chapter 14 "Installing on Windows SBS 2003" we gave up. Anyone ever install this on a SBS 2003 Premium box and not have any problems with it? Can't sell this to customers when the tech time to install costs more than the product itself...

Impact of Changing the CRM URL?
Our client has changed the DNS address of CRM. I can only gues that this will affect the SFO clients they've installed. I want to know if there is a way or setting that I can redirect the existing SFO clients to the new URL. I've seen the possibilities with the registry and I'd elect to reinstall before I touch that. If that is the only way, so be it. If not, please let us all know if there's a viable shortcut. Carroll Have you tried adding a DNS entry for the old value and keeping it pointed to the server? As long as that DNS entry resolves properly, SFO shouldn't ...

Track in CRM
Hi all I'm getting lots errors when trying to "track in CRM" from outlook client. I'm using office 2007 (with all the latest patches). The errors seem related to attachments, but it doesn't seem to be file size - although it could be 9are there any restriction on attachment file size?). Sometimes it seems the problem is when I have two or more files with the same extension?? again not sure. The errors i get are (btw, it very annoying that we can't cut & paste error messages) 1. There is a problem communicating with the MS Dynmaics CRM server. The server m...

Unable to Load Sample Data (MS CRM 3.0)
Hi, I'm having trouble loading the Sample Data. I did everything right, followed all the required steps, CRM 3.0 works properly, but "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe" throws an exception when i try to execute it. In "SampleDataWizard.log" , "The type initializer for "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.DBAdmin" threw an exception. " is written. So what do you think? Thanks... ...

Dynamic Range #4
Following on from previous questions I have posed I know I need to create defined name with an Offset formula to drive a series within a chart. My problem is that the Offset reference is also variable (can be any month form Jan through to Dec) . The defined name formula I have come up with to do this is not accepted: =OFFSET('Data Sheet (2)'!ADDRESS(6+ (MATCH(VLOOKUP(eurosdate,AH7:AH18,1,FALSE),AH7:AH18,0)),34), 0,20,1,-20) If it helps, I have a formula in a worksheet ('Data Sheet' (2)!) that returns a Month, e.g. Feb. Using this outcome, I then need to look through a vertic...