CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7

I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have
found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a
resolution yet.

When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list.

For example.
Open advanced find,
Select Activities and use saved view [new]
In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then
click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK.
At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not
be clicked on.

This will always happen on a new advanced find, but not always when you
edited a saved view.

Thanks for any help

Rob
0
RobMottram (202)
9/11/2009 4:09:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sounds like an Internet Explorer problem more than Windows 7. Are you opening
CRM windows into tabs in the same window?

--
Visit my blog: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/

"Rob Mottram" wrote:

> I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have
> found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a
> resolution yet.
>
> When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list.
>
> For example.
> Open advanced find,
> Select Activities and use saved view [new]
> In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then
> click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK.
> At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not
> be clicked on.
>
> This will always happen on a new advanced find, but not always when you
> edited a saved view.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Rob
We have had this problem on every windows 7 install we have tried (both RC
and RTM), but do not get the same problem with IE8 on windows vista.

These windows 8 machines are setup in the same way as the windows vista.

And no, were are not opening new windows in the same tab. Infact have not
really changed any of the IE8 settings from the defaults.

Thanks

Rob

"Shafraz Nasser" wrote:

> Sounds like an Internet Explorer problem more than Windows 7. Are you opening
> CRM windows into tabs in the same window?
>

> --
> Visit my blog: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/
>

> "Rob Mottram" wrote:
>
> > I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have
> > found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a
> > resolution yet.
> >
> > When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list.
> >
> > For example.
> > Open advanced find,
> > Select Activities and use saved view [new]
> > In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then
> > click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK.
> > At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not
> > be clicked on.
> >
> > This will always happen on a new advanced find, but not always when you
> > edited a saved view.
> >
> > Thanks for any help
> >
> > Rob
0
RobMottram (202)
9/14/2009 8:30:01 AM
"Rob Mottram" <RobMottram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have had this problem on every windows 7 install we have tried (both RC
> and RTM), but do not get the same problem with IE8 on windows vista.
>
> These windows 8 machines are setup in the same way as the windows vista.
>
> And no, were are not opening new windows in the same tab. Infact have not
> really changed any of the IE8 settings from the defaults.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob
>
> "Shafraz Nasser" wrote:
>
>> Sounds like an Internet Explorer problem more than Windows 7. Are you
>> opening
>> CRM windows into tabs in the same window?
>>

>> --
>> Visit my blog: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/
>>

>> "Rob Mottram" wrote:
>>
>> > I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and
>> > have
>> > found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and
>> > found a
>> > resolution yet.
>> >
>> > When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list.
>> >
>> > For example.
>> > Open advanced find,
>> > Select Activities and use saved view [new]
>> > In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and
>> > then
>> > click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click
>> > OK.
>> > At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page
>> > can not
>> > be clicked on.
>> >
>> > This will always happen on a new advanced find, but not always when you
>> > edited a saved view.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help
>> >
>> > Rob

I'm using Windows 7 RTM with IE8 and cannot reproduce the behavior. Don't
have a solution, but at least you now know a system that does work. I have
to admit that I turned off User Access Control because as a developer it's
almost impossible to leave that enabled without going crazy. I think that
this is the only notable change I made to the system.

--
Michael
http://www.stunnware.com

Windows Services #3
I want to provide a windows service. And then I want to write an application so that interact with this windows service. notice: I want to do these work in C++6.0 not in .NET Framework -- Mojtaba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Recipient Policy Not Working #4
Running Exchange 2003 (SP2), recipient policy is not stamping email addresses on new mailboxes created (in User's AD properties, under email tab, there are no addresses (smtp, fax,etc). Any advice appreciated. You can generally get good event information by turning up the logging for MSExchangeAL on the server running RUS to Maximum. If that doesn't get you anywhere, have a read of this excellent 3 part guide on troubleshooting RUS by Bill Long. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx Tony www.activedir.org "PCKC" wrote: > Running Exchange 2003 (...

Instant Search, Advanced Find, Search Folders, and Windows Desktop
Instant search stopped working for me. Now if I search for even the letter "a", I get the following message: No matches found for: "a". When I ask "advanced find" to find any emails with categories contains TNE01, it returns no results. However, advanced find works somewhat. For example when I look for items in my inbox with "a" in the subject line, it returns 78 matches. When I use "search folders", to find emails with categories = TNE01, 14 items are returned. When I use "search folders" to find items with "WC" in freq...

Windows Reset Without BugCheck
Hi All, I have a driver using COM port internally. I need accurate read timing so I am reading bytes one by one. I start with reading a single byte and on read completion I am sending another request for the next byte. The flow of execution is so that if there are a few bytes pending every read will complete immediately before function return, like this: Two Single Bytes: Read (1) Read (1) Completion invoked - Read (2) Read (1) Completion done Read (2) Completion invoked - Read (3) Read (2) Completion done Multiple Bytes pending: Read (1) Read (1) Completion invoked...

using a UDF in place of a cond. format, b/c I need 4, not three
I know this is an age old topic here, and I'm really hoping that I don't just get referred to another web page [that type of help of course has its place and merits]. And if I had the time, I would have more fun going through docs and notes to find out how to do it, but time is not something I can barter. What I'm looking at is: I'm thinking along the lines of an example where I normally set the borders of my columns [except if it's the first row] in a cond. format via something like this: =AND((NOT(ISBLANK($A1))),(ROW()>1)) But, if I need that space for a Con...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

dde server window
outlook.exe entry point not found the procedure entrypoint getiums couldnot be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll Can anyone tell me why this is popping up and how do I get rid of it? Visit windows update and get the latest version of mdac. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked th...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

need to find the file that Outlook emails are stored in
there is one file that contains all the outlook email and information. i need help to find it. also, how can i view Hidden Files? thanks arthur Open Windows Explorer and select Tools | Folder Options. Select Show Hidden Files and Folders and uncheck the option to hide protected operating system files. OK out and open the search panel (f3). If you are using Windows XP, you need to configure the search to look for hidden items. If all goes right, you should find your *.pst file(s) under \documents and settings\<userid>\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. -- Neo [...

failure to find an email address
I have one particular entry in my address that does not seem to work as an email address. When I specify the Contact's name as an email address, Outlook insists that it can't find the associated email address. Does anyone know why this might be? There are a couple hundred other email addresses in the same address book that work just fine so it just doesn't make any sense to me why this one doesn't. -- ---------- Richard Lewis Haggard Explain what you mean. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in m...

Request Windows Release Extra Memory?
We have large unmanaged C++/MFC application. After about 24 hours, TaskManager may report it's using about 600MB of memory. When minimized and maximized, extra memory devoted to the app appears to be released and TaskManager reports about 175MB memory in use which, as expected, slowly begins to climb again over time. Is there a way to programmatically request that Windows release extra memory allocated to our application? Perhaps something akin to that which occurs when it is minimized and maximized again only without actually minimizing the app? -- Thanks, -Dwight Dwight wrote: ...

window.print
I'm using XP SP3. I have a table, created with .asp, that shows up nicely on the screen, but when I print it with window.print and it extends over several pages, the entry in the 1st row, 1st column is blank on the second and subsequent pages. If I change font size, which changes the number of pages printed, the behavior stays the same: entry in 1st row, 1st column of second and subsequent pages is blank. Where do I start looking for the cause of this problem, and how can I fix it? Thanks, Gerry Metze Printer type? After clicking print did you check preferences? ...

RSS Feeds #4
We have Outlook 2007 and noticed that some accounts are getting "Microsoft at Home" and "Microsoft at Work" automatically subscribed as a default. Yet others do not. I am one of those users that has it and I know I didn't not subscibe to these groups myself. How did this get entered as a default? Was it part of a service pack? I'm toying with the idea of banning all RSS feeds through group policies in order to avoid Exchange free disk space issues. Anyone have any idea on how these default RSS feeds came about? Thank you, Are either these subscribed to in...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Office 97 on Windows XP
Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only came with the works program? Should be fine. I run Excel 95 through 2003 on windows XP. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Peggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c001c4a59f$920c76d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my | Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only | came with the works program? ...

Money 2003 #4
Does anyone know how to convert a Quicken 2003 to Money 2003. The program indicates the a Quicken 2003 conversion is not supported. It figures, I no longer have a older of version of Quicken to downgrade to so that I can transfer to Money 2003. Thanks. If the box says it can't be done, why, exactly, would you expect anyone here to know how to do it? (At least I think "Does anyone know how to convert a Quicken 2003 to Money 2003." was a question.) "Karen" <kp4711@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7e5901c344e1$eca89f30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone ...

why wont my outlook conect to the net or hotmail ,cant find serve
why wont my outlook connect to the server or hotmail Are you having any other Internet connection issues? "ben1000jamin" <ben1000jamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14BBAE3E-FCDD-4659-AF98-1482AA900CD1@microsoft.com... > why wont my outlook connect to the server or hotmail "ben1000jamin" <ben1000jamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14BBAE3E-FCDD-4659-AF98-1482AA900CD1@microsoft.com... > why wont my outlook connect to the server or hotmail Because you didn't configure the e-mail account correctly. Or you ...

CRM and BlackBerry 10-27-04
Hi, What is your suggestions for a solution to have CRM information on a BlackBerry? Thanks. Sebastien Check out the Dynamic Methods web site...... http://www.dynamicmethods.net/mobileportal/index.htm Guy. "Sebastien Demigne" <sebastien.demigne@fjordinteractif.com> wrote in message news:OjegooCvEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > What is your suggestions for a solution to have CRM information on a > BlackBerry? > > Thanks. > > Sebastien > Thanks Guy for your comment. Is it a solution you have implanted into your organization? I...

Find And Replace 01-28-10
Greetings, Is it possible to do a find and replace across multiple workbooks? Any help will be appreciated. -Minitman When I want to do something to multiple workbooks I write two macros, one to Open and close each file in a directory, and the other to do the change. Just step through the directory one file at a time, open, do change, save, close.....open next file, etc. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Minitman" wrote: > Greetings, > > Is it possible to do a find and replace across multiple workbooks? > > Any help will be appreciate...

Computer Freezes up at Log On screen in Windows XP
When I tried to log in - put in my password - my computer freezes up - then I restart the computer and it lets me log in just fine. The computer runs fine for the most part but now and then still locks up. Especially when idle. I changed the ram chip and it is much better but still freezes up at Log On. Do I need to repair my profile. Seems much better since I changed out the ram chip - I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 klafert wrote: > When I tried to log in - put in my password - my computer freezes up - then > I restart the computer and it lets me...

how to add an outlook 2003 email profile in windows 7
I want a separate email profile (identity) for my wife. Outlook's instructions for adding an email profile say to open the "Mail" icon in the control panel but in Windows 7 no icon exists. How do I add a new outlook 2003 email profile in windows 7? "Roy_A_F" <Roy_A_F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26A49AD-3A1B-43AA-BC09-B4D60327AF07@microsoft.com... > I want a separate email profile (identity) for my wife. Outlook's > instructions for adding an email profile say to open the "Mail" icon in > the > contr...

Hiding/Disabling Report Asking Window
In ServiceAdvantage module when I select the Inventory Requirements form >> Create PO >> Post button a 'Report Ask' form (SVC_Create_PO_Journal) appears and I cannot handle this window. I can't add it to the VBA, can't create a WatchTrigger. Perhaps it could be switched off in Tools >> Setup >> Posting >> Posting form, but I couldn't find any related entry there. This form is in dex.dic. How can I disable or handle this form? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Zoltan ...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool #4
I have downloaded the documentation for the utility that updates the affected calendar items for this DST period of time. The instructions seem a bit confusing to me. Can someone provide a simple explanation on how the tool works, how to install it, and how to run it with the appropiate command line options. I basically want to run it in user list generation mode. Any help is greatly appreciated. In a nutshell: download, install both tools, but install tzmove.exe first. Use the config tool to generate the list and list out conflicts. Run the batch files that is generated and your...