CRM 3.0 - Vista - title bar error

We have recently upgraded to MS Vista. We now find that title bars of
CRM windows display the full url, making navigation extremely
cumbersome. any ideas? And any other CRM/Vista problems we should be
aware of?

0
tom
3/24/2007 11:08:57 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

HI,
If I understand your problem correctly, it is because of IE7 tabs. you
can change the tabs behavior by going to tools -> Internet options ->
general . under tabs, click settings. and change the option of "when a
pop up is encountered" to "always open pop ups in new window". this
will enforce IE to open CRM in a new window, and then it should open
with no address toolbar.
hope this helps,
Chen

On Mar 25, 1:08 am, t...@tomatic.com.au wrote:
> We have recently upgraded to MS Vista. We now find that title bars of
> CRM windows display the full url, making navigation extremely
> cumbersome. any ideas? And any other CRM/Vista problems we should be
> aware of?

0
Chen

Problems Sending Email in Windows Mail (Vista)
I was able to send and receive email from my Yahoo account. I'm using POP3 and the servers I am using are Inocming (plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com) and Outgoing (plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com). The servers ports are Outgoing (465) and Incoming (995) and both require secure connectgions SSL. What is the problem. I am receiving the following error message. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the &quo...

Strange SMTP 501 error
When email tries to connect to our mail server, we get: ====================================================== Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed: xxx@yyy.zzz Message will be retried for 2 more day(s) Technical details of temporary failure: TEMP_FAILURE: Could not initiate SMTP conversation with any hosts: [mail2.mydomain.net(10): 501 ---- STOP QUERYING ME ---- orbz.org is no longer an RBL] ========================================================== Any idea why our server would be producing this error message? We aren't connected in any way to orbz.org... 11D...

Error message when closing IE 8
When *I* close Internet Explorer 8, I get a message implying that the software closed on its own due to a problem: "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 RC; Win7) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? Troublesho...

LoadPicture() error XL2007
Hello, I have an ActiveX image control (=93stuGraphic=94) on a worksheet =93wsStudent=94. The following line of code is run from a macro: wsStudent.OLEObjects("stuGraphic").Object.Picture =3D LoadPicture() Running with XL2007, this runs without fail 95% of the time, but occasionally it generates an error message =91Runtime error-2147417848 (80010108) Method =93Picture=94 of object =93IImage=94 failed.=92 Once I = get the error, it fails continually - restarting the application, or closing & restarting Excel does not fix the problem. The only fix I=92ve fou...

Intelligent Messagfe Filter errors
Hi Since we installed SP2 and set up IMF we've been seeing these errors 4 to 5 times a day. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7515 Date: 2/22/2006 Time: 8:47:02 AM User: N/A Computer: E2K304 Description: An error occurred while Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter attempted to filter a message with ID <001b01c637be$001b4960$78caad43@yourvp7x3s9ctm>, P1 From smtp:brendaplaza@comcast.net and Subject pictures. This message will not be filtered. The error code is 0x800710f0. For more information, click http...

2003 OWA Error
Continue to get this error on a few machine when using 2003 OWA: There has been an error removing certificates from this workstation. Error: (0x800a01b6): Object doesn't support this property or method Also, this error seems to help concurrently with being unable to respond to e-mail via OWA with message "An unknown error happened! Would appreciate any help from someone who has discovered the solution to this result. ...

Recurring bills in GP 8.0
I need someone to advise me on how to enter and post recurring bills as in utilities. I do not want to have to enter a bill each month and then go back and do a manual payment is there an easier way? Thank you, Shelly ...

User tool bar rearranging itself when toolbar is locked.
The user will set the toolbar as desired and then lock it. The toolbar will rearrange itself without warning. This slows down the user and makes it difficult to find menu options as they aren't in thier previous locations. When the toolbar is locked, everything should stay put. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

error 2140 #2
I restored my Exchgange databases and the MTA is now getting this error 2140. I looked at the reg. x500 key and it looks the same as what I have for my ORG,SITE,etc. any help??? Thanks, Jonny ...

merging cells #3
Hi, I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code and phone number. Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are grey and not black. Outlook does not see the new column. What could be the problem? Thanks AJS Solved it. "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:%232OPgj%23dJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Hi, | I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code | and phone number. | Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are | grey and not black. | Outlook does n...

Error: cannot load the mail service. Check your mail installation.
When I open an excel document and go to file/send to/ mail receipant as attachment. I get an error that says "Cannot load the mail service. Check your mail installation". Or get the error message: mapi32.dll is an invalid Extended MAPI library. Ran Office 2003 updates but still does not work. How do I fix this. Just upgraded my Small Business Server 2000 to Small Busienss Server 2003 with exchange 2003 Please help how do I fix this ...

File IO #3
I normally have been opening files and reading them using the following code: //----------------------------------------------------------- int i; unsigned char bytes[3000], tdat[50]; FILE *in; CString fname="test.dat"; in = fopen(fname, "rb"); fread(bytes, 2500, 1, in); // read the full file fclose(in); for(i=0; i<30; i++){ tdat[i] = bytes[i+70]; // extract some data from within bytes } //----------------------------------------------------------- I have heard that the use of fopen & fread are frowned upon, not sure why. How do I use "correc...

Error opening a quote
In my CRM installation I am facing problems with the quotes. I create a new quote and try adding a number of line items (about 10-15). At some point of time, adding a line item becomes very slow. After that if I close the quote and open it again I get an error. I checked the quotedetailbase table and ensured that all the quote items have proper prices. I do not see any pricing error code and I try adding items with non zero prices. Note that I recently moved a lot of data from an old system to the new system and some of the existing quotes may have problematic line items (for example a ...

BCP converts empty strings into chr(0)
I need to move some data from SQLServer to postgresql. The idea is to dump the tables I need to transfer into a text file with BCP and then to bulk import them in Postgres. I am having trouble since I discovered that the BCP utility converts NULLs into empty strings and empty strings into chr(0) (the very first ASCII character). What are my options? I cannot find a BCP option to save the empty strings as empty strings and the NULLs as chr(0) or some other user-defined char. I could write a postprocessor to "fix" the text files, but there should be a better way, I guess. I am...

How do I create slide titles in powerpoint from excel?
I am using Powerpoint 2003. I want to create slide titles from an excel spreadsheet? How can I import the info from Excel? timj, Don't think it is possible directly from Excel, maybe you could copy/paste the cell content to Word (choose keep only text in the paste options), apply the appropriate heading level 1. Then use send to PPT from the File menu. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "timj" wrote: > I am using Powerpoint 2003. I want to create slide titles from an excel > spreadsheet? > How can I import the info from Excel? I'd use something lik...

How do I manually remove CRM Client 1.2 for Outlook?
Desktop Computer XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 MSCRM 3.0 Desktop Client I had installed MSCRM 1.0 about a year and a half-ago. I later upgraded to 1.2. I am trying to install the CRM 3.0 Desktop Client on this Desktop PC, but it is giving me an error message: "An incompatible version of the Microsoft CRM Desktop client for Outlook..... ...... Version: 1.2.3297.0". I tried uninstalling the MSCRM 1.0(1.2) Client a long time ago, after I finished with 1.2, however, it would not uninstall. I tried removing the 1.2 Rollup, and it would say that it was finished and reboot the comput...

Error Message #2
When I start Word, Excel or Powerpoint I get an error message that says there is an error in the Framework Library. I click OK and every works normally. How can I stop getting this error message all the time. I am using Microsoft Office 2004 on a desktop iMac. Hi Gilbo: Re-apply the two latest service releases. A framework error normally means one or more components of Office have not been updated correctly and are now out of synch with other bits. Cheers On 11/10/06 11:33 AM, in article 1160530419.421547.310940@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "Gilbo" <pwgilbert@bigpond.com>...

GP 10.0 SP4 Payroll without HR
There seem to be a problem in GP 10.0 SP4 Payroll without HR: if a holiday or vacation transaction for a salaried employee is added to the batch, the calculate fails with an error invalid dictionary 414 (the HR dictionary). Has anyone run into this problem and is there a workaround? Thanks, -- Patrice Patrice, I haven't seen a PR/CR on this yet so not sure if we are "aware" of it yet. I'll check into it tomorrow with the one person who would know if anyone would. My guess is that we obviously aren't validating if HR is loaded or not somewhere. I would think ...

Photo on Report error
Hi All, The code below is putting a photo on my report but puts the same photo until it gets a new one then changes to that until a different one is listed in the dlookup. Any ideas whould be great. Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) If Not IsNull(DLookup("[Employee Photo]", "[Employees]", "Reports![employee barcode cards]![Barcode] =[Barcode]")) Then Me.employee_photo.Picture = DLookup("[Employee Photo]", "[Employees]", "Reports![employee barcode cards]![Barcode] =[Barcode]") Else ...

Email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook
Hi all, We're new with CRM and our users are complaining that email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook. I am not sure whether this ever worked before. I tried creating an email activity from an account and sending it to myself and I didn't get anything. I looked around CRM Help and some posts on this group and this is my conclusion: - Email sent from CRM as email activities do NOT go out as regular emails, they just sit as email-type activities in the recipient's CRM account. - To send out regular emails, you have to send them from Outlook and use the "Regarding&qu...

Error 193
I get the following error when opening Outlook. 'Mission Control Software Update Wizard: Product ID 0 Error 193 <EVENT EVENT="Error"><ERROR ERROR_CODE="403" ID="0"/></EVENT>' Don't know if this error is generated by Outlook or an add-in like MapPoint, McAfee, or ActiveSync ...

Authentication Error 06-28-07
Hi, After I have installed and configure "Frontpage Server Extension" on CRM web site, I can not login which any account to MS CRM via web. The error msg display "Authentication Error : MS CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. What's wrong with IIS ? Can anybody help me to resolved this serious problem ? Ps. I do environment diagnostic wizard, everything seem to be OK. ...

Authentication Failed Error Message Won't Stop!!
"Authentication Failed. Please check your username and password for the account..." I have deleted the referenced email accounts, I have disabled my anti-virus coverage for my email accounts, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my anti-virus software and I am at a loss as to how to prevent this constant, non-stop error message from coming up time and time again - about every 30 seconds. HELP. -- BCD Go to Tools | Acccounts | Mail and look for that account that is = referenced and delete it. If there are any messages in the outbox, = delete those as well. steve...

Error Msg: Mail not downloading
All of a sudden... a new problem has popped up! In one of my email accounts that goes into Outlook, I can see the sender and subject line -- but when I click on it to read it, I get an error message instructing me to "Mark for Download" -- ON EVERY EMAIL. This is a pain, as I have to mark every single email and the click on Send/Recieve. Any way to change my settings or something that stops this frustrating thing from happening??? "AMHEINS" <AMHEINS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAB7775B-89E3-450A-905F-C97D4DC6BD3F@microsoft.com...

FRx "run- time error '6' overflow"
I have had two user report intermittent "run- time error '6' overflow" when trying to open FRx. Later it works fine. We are on 6.7 sp10. I don't see anything here or in the knowledgebase specific to this error. Can someone give me an idea what to look at for the cause? Do you have a dual monitor? We have seen this on occasion when the screen resolution is set too low. "DavidM" wrote: > I have had two user report intermittent "run- time error '6' overflow" when > trying to open FRx. Later it works fine. We are on 6.7 sp...