CRM 3.0 Tracking Token formatting

Version 3.0 offers significant improvement in the tracking token (no
more 32 char guids!).  However, is there a way to move the tracking
token a bit more to the right of the subject line.  The tracking token
is appended right next to the subject message and is confusing ..
especially to the recipient.  Version 1.2 right justified (to a certain
extent) the token on CRM promoted emails.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Rob K
IT Director
Tax Credit Company

0
rkershberg
5/26/2006 10:10:58 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

At this time there is not control to that extent over the tracking token

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

<rkershberg@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Version 3.0 offers significant improvement in the tracking token (no
> more 32 char guids!).  However, is there a way to move the tracking
> token a bit more to the right of the subject line.  The tracking token
> is appended right next to the subject message and is confusing ..
> especially to the recipient.  Version 1.2 right justified (to a certain
> extent) the token on CRM promoted emails.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance,
>
> Rob K
> IT Director
> Tax Credit Company

0
John

CRM 1.0 XML import to CRM 1.2
Does anyone know how to import a CRM 1.0 XML into the CRM 1.2 env? The deployment manager rejects the 1.0 XML file during the import process - ERROR: does not match version of the database. So is there anyway work around this? Gues I could modify the XML version but.... Tony, From what I've heard from others, there are differences in how the content of the files are structured, so you can't really do what you are trying. Your best bet is to upgrade the install and then export the customizations to create a new XML file. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:43:52 -0800, "Tony Nguyen&q...

Email Track in CRM button missing sporadically
I have a customer that on one pc, sometimes when he creates an email in Outlook, the Track in CRM button does not show up on the email form. Later, when he creates another email, the button might be there or might not. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions on what might cause this problem? We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client as well as the update rollup 2. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

format problem importing quicken files from Bank
Hi I have Money 2001 never used it until today. I am in Italy and my bank allows me to export bank statement in a quicken file. However when I import it into money - money misreads the format and takes the first punctuation mark as the decimal point. i.e. the amount euro 1.234,56 imports as 1,23 euro's instead of one thousand euros. My regional settings are set to italian with , being the decimal and . being a separator - however money takes the first , or . as the decimal Any ideas on how to fix this? regards Ski ...

format cell to allow listing
How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the next cell below- is there any other way besides 'wrap text' and putting in spaces? To create a manual line break, use: <Alt> <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "cy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1536c01c3fa2c$66a21870$a501280a@phx.gbl... How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the...

custom currency format for Indian rupees
How to format a comma from the right of the decimal point in the third position, then 5th then 7th ie for Indian curency for Lakhs, Crores etc Here is a format that you can use [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "seenu" <seenu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B95D00EB-F863-4453-AC46-9D40B40AEE6F@microsoft.com... > How to format a comma from the right of the decimal point in the third > position, then 5th then 7th ie for Indian curency for L...

Track Changes 03-12-10
Let's say I have added 10 words using track changes and then saved my document. Now I want to delete 2 of those words, instead of just deleting them it puts the strikethrough in those 2 words. Why and how do I stop it? This doesn't happen to all documents. Right-click the words and select Accept Change (or Accept Deletion) from the context menu. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Flasho" <Flasho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F05E911C-7CA6-4DAD-A146-C712C8A5BDAA@microsoft.com... > Let's say I have added 10 words usin...

Unrecognizable database format
I am attempting to convert an Access 97 Db to an Access 2000 Db. It seems to convert but when I try to launch the application I get an "unrecognizable database format" error. The computer has Windows XP as the operating system. Any suggestions? I've seen this error message when trying to open an Access database with an "older" version of Access. You didn't say which version of Access you are using on the WinXP machine, nor which version of Access you are using to do the conversion. -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Access MVP> >-----Origin...

Keep conditional format when "show pages" from Pivot table
When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to make conditional format again to every page. How to keep the conditional formatting when I use "show pages" from pivot table? Maybe you could just apply Data|filter|autofilter to your original data range and filter to show what you need to see. Angus wrote: > > When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I > find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to m...

0 number
Hi, social security number has 7 numbers. However, when I type 0454636, 0 will be gone. Ex: Type 0454636. It will become 454636. I have almost 8 columns stored social security numbers. Please show me how to fix the problem. Thank you Loi Try format cells -- custom and type 0000000 in the box. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >social security number has 7 numbers. However, when I type >0454636, 0 will be gone. > >Ex: Type 0454636. It will become 454636. > > >I have almost 8 columns stored social security numbers. >Please show me how to fix the prob...

How do I save an excel spreadsheet in pdf format (Office 2002)
I've done this before, but in a different environment. Not sure if I've forgotten how, or if it's not supported in this version. Thanks It has never been supported although there are add-ins that install printer drivers that will save as PDF primopdf is a free one then adobe acrobat (not the reader) has of course this and Office 12 will have it built in -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Shaundee" <Shaundee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F09C8D8-1F35-491B-8A4C-781E57C35D53@microsoft.com... > I've done this b...

Date format with day of week and date
I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005 I know how to make the date formats change but cannot find one that offers both the date as well as the day of week...if there are no options for it, what is the format for customizing it to do this? Thanks! Kathy One way is to use a custom format DDDD M/DD/YYYY "Kathy" wrote: > I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date > and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005 > > I know how to make the date format...

Routing e-mails from Public Folder to CRM
Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder to some Queue in CRM? Jevgenij There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog. You can go to http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting. "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message news:20C033B7-D0D3-49AA-AFCC-E8BD56224FE3@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder > to some Queue in CRM? > > Jevgenij...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

transfer an excel work sheet to Paint #3
hello, i am writing a computer assignment for university. So we are asked to give anb instruction to how to use the excel. now i would need to know how to copy parts of the excel work book to word or paint so i can show the users where to go to... it's so urgent.... the submission is in an hour!!! i would appreciate your help guys. see ya ...

CRM 3.0
I would like to move the ordernumber middle part to a larger number to match the next available number in the existing paper order system. Where do I find the row/column in the database to change the seed or next available number? ...

numbers formating problem
I type 10 I got 1 I type 11 I got 1.1 Where from this problem cames? This is not a formatting problem, the value is what you see; 1, not 10. Tools > Options menu, "fixed decimal" is selected. HTH. Best wishes Harald "barsha" <barsha@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A62D8395-FD84-40F3-A867-B391D5956A57@microsoft.com... > I type 10 > I got 1 > I type 11 > I got 1.1 > Where from this problem cames? > Hi Barsha, Try: Tools | Options | Edit and uncheck the fixed decimal option. --- Regards, Norman "barsha" <...

CRM 3 fiscal Year Setup Modify
Hi i would like to modify the setup of the fiscal year in CRM 3.0 can some one guide me how can i do that. regards Nader ------=_NextPart_0001_7F19AB8E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit NaderYousef@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > i would like to modify the setup of the fiscal year in CRM 3.0 can some one > guide me how can i do that. Fiscal year settings are located in Settings --> Settings --> Fiscal Year Settings. -- Tao Yue Microsoft CRM Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------=...

CRM Security Service not starting
I recieve an error in the event log "Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active Directory update). -2147016656 (0x800720030) Description: There is no such object on the server." I am running the CRM 1.2, Crystal 9, all on the same Domain Admin level ID, SQL Server is installed on a seperate server with the same domain admin id running the service. I have not installed any SPs. I have the correct MDAC 2.8 version. the Build Version table contains Build Date Timestamp BuildNumber BuildQFE 8/23/2005 7:08:01 PM <Binary>...

Formatting excel, balloons?
I have data exported to and excel spreadsheet. It looks very messy. There are rows that have a small amount of text at the beginning, but at the end there is a large amount to text in the cells. The column width at the beginning is huge, and there's only a couple words there. My question is, is there any way to make this look nicer? I was thinking about putting a balloon that would contain a cell's text that has a lot of info. I don't even know if you can create balloons, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Brad ...

Decimal numbers to time format.
Hi there, I'm sure this is a simple one for you guys but I'm not having fun trying to get to the bottom of it. I have two cells: A1 - contains 47 (formatted as 'number to two decimal places') B1 - contains 12 (formatted as 'number to two decimal places') I have other cells formatted for time as [hh]:mm:ss How can I fill C1 with 00:47:12 (formatted as [hh]:mm:ss) - with the 47 and 12 being pulled from A1 & B1 Cheers Lee On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:21:54 -0000, "Lee Grant" <lee@inspirationcomputers.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >I'm sur...

Text style and format
Hello, I'm presently using Pub2002 and would like to be able to create a text box with an up or down arc using any font I like. I tried using wordart but I don't like that option because you can't change the font. Any ideas? I don't know which version of 2002 you are using but I can change the font with mine. Select the style of Wordart you want and click OK. It will open a dialog box where you can edit the text, font, and font size. (I had to rewrite this because my first response was less than friendly. It upsets me when people don't at least *try* something befor...

Sent as RTF format, Receiced as Plain Text. Why?
I am using Access to send Emails in RTF format The relevant code is With oItem 'Set the recipient for the new email .BCC = MailToStg '.BCC = "phil@stantonfamily.co.uk" 'Set the recipient for a copy .CC = "" 'Set the subject .Subject = Subject 'The content of the document is used as the body for the email ' *** Make sure Outlook -->Options --> Mail Format is set to RTF .Body = rtf.RTFtext .Send End With The Sent message appears correctly as RTF ( c...

How do I track changes made to an Excel spreadsheet within a Word.
I established an Excel spreadsheet within a Word document by just using the Excel icon in Word and creating the spreadsheet. Now I find that the tracking feature in Word will not track the changes made to this spreadsheet, nor will the tracking tool in Excel. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Outlook freezes upon completion of CRM Synchronization
We have CRM3 with rollup 1 installed. We have Exchange running on a separate server. I installed CRM3 Outlook Desktop Client and rollup 1 on my laptop. When I synchronize, it appears to synchronize successfully. Then Outlook freezes. No screen refreshes, etc. It appears that Outlook is taking about 20% of the CPU continuously for many hours (i.e., overnight and beyond). I have duplicated this on multiple client machines, and it actually happens if I have installed the Outlook Laptop Client as well. What could be happening? Thanks! -- Mark ...

Pivot Table Calculated Item #3
I am querying an external database to retrun a pivot table, then i am adding a calculated field that calculates Regular hours * Bill rate. to come up with total revenue. When it runs, the calculated amounts are 2, 3, 4 times more that what it should be. any ideas how i can get this calculation to return the right amounts. thanks Jerry H5 erry Excel stores hours as fractions of a day, so multiply Hours * 24 * Bill Rate Regards Roger Govier jerry wrote: > I am querying an external database to retrun a pivot table, then i am adding > a calculated field that calculates Regular...