CRM 3.0 Setup err databases already exist on the specified SQL Ser

ReportServer
ReportServerTempDB

Question : How to clear this problem?

The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
Cause
There are two causes for this error:
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the
specified server.
Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
Solution
One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.

Microsoft SQL 2000 Standard.
Microsoft SQL 2000 Enterprise.
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is not supported using SQL Server
2005.
Important   If you are using SQL Server 2000, service pack 4 is also required

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Paschal,

You have installed SQL server 2005 if I am right? Then you cannot install
SRS 2000 as reporting engine. You will have to install reporting for SQL
2005. I haven't tested this my own, but that should work with CRM.

Kind regards,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Paschal.TAY" wrote:

> ReportServer
> ReportServerTempDB

Did you install a Developer Edition of either SQL 2000 or 2005? This is not
supported.

Cheers

Arne Janning
Hi Jarne Janning,

Thanks for your quick comments and reply. Yes, I was using Developer Edition
of SQL 2005.

But, after I remove the existing Develper Edition of Sql 2K/2005 and Install
the new SQL 2005 STD Edition. Same Problem still apprear.

I did uninstall IIS and reinstall  it again on SBS 2003 with SP2 Sharepoint
updated.  What else I have done wrong?

Thank for your advise again.

Best Regards
Abel Paschal TAY

"Arne Janning" wrote:

> "Paschal.TAY" wrote:
>
> > ReportServer
> > ReportServerTempDB
>
> Did you install a Developer Edition of either SQL 2000 or 2005? This is not
> supported.
>
> Cheers
>
> Arne Janning
Hi Ronald Lemmen

Thank for your quick respond.

I was having the Developer edition of SQL 2K/2005 on SBS2003. But after
remove all and reinstall a new SQL 2005 Std edition alone, the problem still
there when I try to set-up CRM 3.0 again.

Anyother advise?

Best Regards
Abel Paschal TAY

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Paschal,
>
> You have installed SQL server 2005 if I am right? Then you cannot install
> SRS 2000 as reporting engine. You will have to install reporting for SQL
> 2005. I haven't tested this my own, but that should work with CRM.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>
> "Paschal.TAY" wrote:
>
> > ReportServer
> > ReportServerTempDB
> >
> > Question : How to clear this problem?
> >
> > The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003
> > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
> > Cause
> > There are two causes for this error:
> > Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the
> > specified server.
> > Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by
> > Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
> > Solution
> > One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for
> > Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
> >
> > Microsoft SQL 2000 Standard.
> > Microsoft SQL 2000 Enterprise.
> > Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is not supported using SQL Server
> > 2005.
> > Important   If you are using SQL Server 2000, service pack 4 is also required
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My discover while trying out.

If SQL 2005 fully install with Report Server.  We can not install CRM 3.0
with Default/Standard option. As CRM 3.0 will try to install the SQL 2000
Report Server again which contribute to the error message I reported.

I notice I can use SQL 2005 without Report Server/Services installed,  CRM
3.0 will be able to continue to install completed.  But one problem with IIs,
I am trying  out....

"Paschal.TAY" wrote:

> Hi Jarne Janning,
>
> Thanks for your quick comments and reply. Yes, I was using Developer Edition
> of SQL 2005.
>
> But, after I remove the existing Develper Edition of Sql 2K/2005 and Install
> the new SQL 2005 STD Edition. Same Problem still apprear.
>
> I did uninstall IIS and reinstall  it again on SBS 2003 with SP2 Sharepoint
> updated.  What else I have done wrong?
>
> Thank for your advise again.
>
> Best Regards
> Abel Paschal TAY
>

> "Arne Janning" wrote:
>

> > "Paschal.TAY" wrote:
> >
> > > ReportServer
> > > ReportServerTempDB
> >
> > Did you install a Developer Edition of either SQL 2000 or 2005? This is not
> > supported.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Arne Janning
Very odd that you cannot install and SRS is getting in the way.    You get an
option as to which SRS server you want to use. Now, your diagnostic wizard
cannot find the SRS server on 2005 and you attempt to install SRS and your
pointing to the SQL server.   Since that instance already has the databases
then it's going to fail.
A second instance can be created but it's not work it in CPU and memory.

Check SPNs on the server and your ODBC connections.  I know the installation
guide does not require it but check first anyway.   You really have to check
out issues like these before you go through the install.

"Paschal.TAY" wrote:

> My discover while trying out.
>
> If SQL 2005 fully install with Report Server.  We can not install CRM 3.0
> with Default/Standard option. As CRM 3.0 will try to install the SQL 2000
> Report Server again which contribute to the error message I reported.
>
> I notice I can use SQL 2005 without Report Server/Services installed,  CRM
> 3.0 will be able to continue to install completed.  But one problem with IIs,
> I am trying  out....
>
> "Paschal.TAY" wrote:
>
> > Hi Jarne Janning,
> >
> > Thanks for your quick comments and reply. Yes, I was using Developer Edition
> > of SQL 2005.
> >
> > But, after I remove the existing Develper Edition of Sql 2K/2005 and Install
> > the new SQL 2005 STD Edition. Same Problem still apprear.
> >
> > I did uninstall IIS and reinstall  it again on SBS 2003 with SP2 Sharepoint
> > updated.  What else I have done wrong?
> >
> > Thank for your advise again.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Abel Paschal TAY

> > > Did you install a Developer Edition of either SQL 2000 or 2005? This is not
> > > supported.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Arne Janning

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

Invoice Designer #3
I'm running Money Small Business 2004. I have gone into the invoice designer section of the program, and created an invoice template that I wish to use to print out my invoices. However I cannot find any way of getting the invoices created within Money to print out in this format. Is there any way to save this template so that it overwrites the standard invoice template which is quite unsuitable for my requirements (or is there some other way of getting the layout that I want?). None of the the help files within the program, the on-line Money 2004 manual or the web-based help files s...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

conditional formatting in excel #3

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

How do I import from LotusOrg 6.0?Import command only has 5.0
I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus Organizer. Don Kiamie donalbert@mindspring.com In news:32C8F514-3EA5-4802-B1A4-F9C66E77293A@microsoft.com, DonAlbert <DonAlbert@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under > the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have > any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus > ...

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

Sql Agent Error
After installing CRM we are receiving the following error. "An error occurred when attempting to set the SQLSERVERAGENT service to AutoStart: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceToAutoStart(String serviceName, String machineName) at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServiceRunningValidator.AutoStartLocalService(String serviceName, TimeSpan waitTimeForStart) We have CRM on a SBS 2003 machine and SQL EE 2000 on a W2K3 machine. Both are DCs the SBS holds all FS...

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...