CRM 3.0 - Service Activities

Hi everyone,

How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have
followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services)
but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rael
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If
you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in
Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)...
--
Jagan Peri
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

"rael_lucid" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have
> followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services)
> but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rael
Hi,

Having the same problem with not being able to locate the "Services" opion
(and been pulling my hair out). I have System Admin privileges, so in my
case, not having access to "Service Management" should not be the case.

Any other tips on why this option is missing (before I go bald...)

Cheers, Hanna

"Jagan Peri [MSFT]" wrote:

> Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If
> you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in
> Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)...
> --
> Jagan Peri
> Microsoft Business Solutions CRM
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with
> no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

> "rael_lucid" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have
> > followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services)
> > but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rael

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

3-Color Scale Vlookup for Current Month/Previous/Pre-Previous
Is it possible to Conditionally Format a cell so that the colors are based off of VLOOKUP's? What I mean is I have a table on another tab and it has by month how complete the build is. I want the conditional format to color the percent of the current month red, percent of previous month yellow and pre-previous month green. I tried putting the formula =("41227-1",BuildData,18,FALSE) as the current, = ("41227-1",BuildData,17,FALSE) as the previous, and = ("41227-1",BuildData,16,FALSE) as the pre-previous. However, it uses only the cells value to colo...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

CRM 4.0 Outlook RPC pver http
hi, A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees have Outlook configured using RPC over http. These users can use CRM using the web client and need access thru outlook. Is RPC over http supported in CRM 4.0 ? What are the issues involved in getting Outlook to work with CRM 4.0 ? I am yet to review the implementation guide for this situation, any other blog or guide I need to refer ? Thanks in advance. On Aug 14, 1:53=A0am, ShawnK <Sha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > > A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees...

Excel problem #3

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Search #3
Why does Outlook 2003 automatically switch to seach mode within about five seconds after selecting one of the other folders (i.e., Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Notes)? Pop-ups are also displayed above the search field as well and would like to remove this from Outlook. (After all it is my computer and I do not want to share with unwanted soliciters). This does not happen on any of my installations. Please be more specific with when and how this happens - detail the steps to reproduce the situation as I am unable to do so based on your post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Activities for an Opportunity Order
Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity? They show up for the related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the related Opportunity. Thanks, -Rick M. On Apr 20, 12:10 pm, Rick M <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and > appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity? They show up for the > related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the > related Opp...

Bank Deposit #3
We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits from the Bank Deposit Entry window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

outlook attachments #3
My aunt cannot get her attachments to come up. When you click on the paper clip the file menu comes up. The problem is that when you click on the file itself, it will not open. What should I do. Thanks for your time. Colton Does the attachment line say "OE removed access to the folloing unsafe attachments in your mail: <filename.typ>"? I am having a problem with receiving Excel 5.0 files from my wife. OE 6.0 wont let me receive them :-(, I am stuck on what to do. Does anyone know how to reduce protection limits in OE 6.0? >-----Original Message----- >My aun...

Macros and Active X
My ctrl+c and ctrl+v shortcuts dont work unless I turn on my active forms bar to edit mode. Any guesses why -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Because the spreadhseet is "live". You have to go into edit mode t make any changes to control toolbox items. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not trying to edit my active x forms, The problems is that th standard ctrl+c and ctrl+v copy and paste short cuts wont work unles the active x edit mode is turned on. I don't have to turn on the active x edit mode to use these short cut in other wo...

Track Deactivate/Activate in PostSetState Callout
To track who deactivated / activated an account or contact i've created a postsetstate callout function. The function is called but preImageEntityXml and postImageEntityXml are equel. StatusCode attribute is not include in XML files. Is this by design? Can i assume that PostSetState callout for account and contact entity is only called during deactivation/activation? I've also created postupdate and postassign callouts without any problem. Thanks // Mats Mats, Have you set the prevalue and postvalue attributes in the subscription element correctly in the config.callout.xml? Alex...

Using online services from Europe
I'm going to be temporarily stationed in Europe for a couple of months. Are there any problems with my using M2002 to access my accounts, pay bills, etc, from there just as I do from the US? TIA You should be fine, so long as you have a 128 bit encryption version of IE. If you do have problems, please feel free to post here :-) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh...

Create activity by workflow
Hello! I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when i am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt work. Why? (in SQL base i have table "leadbase" and column in this table "companyname") Lina try this:- &lead.companyname; Peter "Lina" <Lina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F7F8AA-429B-4F8E-B34B-749C0972153F@microsoft.com... > Hello! > I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when > i > am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt...

Workflow email via web service
This is what I would like to do: Use workflow to call a web service when an order is created The web service creates an email using SDK Order details are added to the email Is this possible? Has anyone done this before? Thank You Tim workflow calls to webservice, with which the authenticated user loses itself, you must force it in webconfig >-----Original Message----- >This is what I would like to do: > >Use workflow to call a web service when an order is created >The web service creates an email using SDK >Order details are added to the email > >Is this poss...

Installing CRM Sales for Outlook
I've installed the Outlook client for one user. That computer is shared with another CRM user but when I attempt to install CRM for Outlook for the second user (under a seperate Exchange profile) I get the message "MS CRM Sales for Outlook is already installed for another user" and the install fails. Has anyone else seen this? Is this by design or is there a work around? Thanks Jamie Jamie the outlook client only supports one user profile. "Jamie Sachs" <jsachs@1to1.com> wrote in message news:8f7001c3459a$51300ed0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've insta...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

CRM 3.0 Installation
Has anyone been successful in installing CRM 3.0 onto an AMD64 bit processor using Windows 2003 x64 operating system? we are switching to DL145 servers for all f our web server machines and would like to migrate our CRM applications there also. I have not heard anything via official channels, but I don't believe CRM will install on x64 servers. The problem is that the environmental diagnostic in the CRM installation routine checks for MSXML 4.0 and doesn't find it. x64 Server requires MSXML 6.0, which, although "backwards compatible" does not satisfy the environmenta...

Would you stop for a moment?! #3
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

Database changes from 1.3 to 2.0 affecting custom reports
I just installed an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0. The customer has some custom reports that worked fine in 1.3, but don't run anymore in 2.0. I suspect that some of the table or field names are not the same. When we try and run one of the custom reports we get this error: Alter Table VIEWSTOREQTY and Alter Column DAYOFYEAR DATETIME" Then when I hit OK, I get this additional message "(5) Invalid Procedure call or argument." I have a copy of the custom report, but don't know how to identify which table names or fields have changed. Where would I find a list of tabl...