CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services - The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server

Hi

I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact
data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to
CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will
able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all.
when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records
when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error
message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration
on the same server. I am wonder why I got the error message? I am not
going through firewall or anything. I am running everything on the same
server. Looks like the web services time out after certain amount of
time.

Please help.

thanks!

DL

0
DL
11/24/2005 12:02:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

As a first troubleshooting step try putting in a .1 of a second delay
between updates.

=========================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx

"DL" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact
> data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to
> CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will
> able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all.
> when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records
> when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error
> message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
> remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration
> on the same server. I am wonder why I got the error message? I am not
> going through firewall or anything. I am running everything on the same
> server. Looks like the web services time out after certain amount of
> time.
>
> Please help.
>
> thanks!
>
> DL

0
John
11/24/2005 5:23:23 AM
John,

Could you explain a little more.

Thanks!

0
DL
11/24/2005 3:23:13 PM
Did you ever figure this out?  We're getting the same error message,
but whenever we try to browse to any page that access the database.
The specifics of the error message include:

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
Server Error in '/' Application.

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
server.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection
was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect
to the remote server.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +677
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult
asyncResult) +75
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +234
methodName, Object[] parameters) +105

Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.UserQueryWebService.RetrieveMultiple(QueryBase
queryExpression) +55

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.UserQuery.RetrieveByObjectType(Int32
returnTypeCode, String columnSetXml, Int32[] queryType, UserQueryState
state) +265
   Microsoft.Crm.Controls.ViewSelector.AddUserViewGroup(String
groupName, String groupId, OptionSorting sorting, Int32[] queryTypes,
UserQueryState queryState, Boolean flagInactiveQueries) +129
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.Initialize() +170
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.GetDefaultView()
+10
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.Workplace.HomeActivitiesPage.ConfigurePage() +794
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
+20

And:

Microsoft CRM Application Error Report:
Error Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the
error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Error Number:

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Date: 12-15-2005

Time: 14:54:12

Type: Application Error (2)

Server: localhost

Request URL:
http://localhost/Workplace/home_activities.aspx

It's darned difficult to troubleshoot the problem when those are all
the details you've got to go off of . . .

0
kens

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

SUMIF function not calculating from closed worksheet
We recently upgraded from Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007. Prior to the upgrade each department would access a spreadsheet that would load data from a common lookup spreadsheet The loading process was performed as follows: The lookup file and each department file would be opened to update the link for that month and then saved and closed. When the department head would open the department file, a question would appear asking if they wanted to update the link, if they answered no the spreadsheet would open and display the calculated data. If they answered yes, the file would o...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

SMTP service stalled
Hi, We're running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 R2 which doubles as a secondary domain controller. We are periodically running into an issue where e-mail is not able to come in or go out and attempting to restart the SMTP service results in an error that the service did not respond in a timely manner. Rebooting the server fixes the problem temporarily until it occurs again, usually several days later. I'm assuming it's a memory issue, but the performance monitor shows that there is a minimal amount of memory in use (4 GB total, 3 GB free). Once service is restored it ca...

RDC Connection
I have one laptop running Windows XP Home SP2 and one desktop running Windows XP Home SP2 and am trying use remote desktop to access each computer from the other. However, I keep getting the error "This computer can't connect to the remote computer." I have looked for answers everywhere with no successful solutions....Help!!! K. Curtis I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think XP Home supports RDC. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutons LLC Melbourne, FL Hi Kala, You can not remote desktop into a Windows XP Home system. You will need to upgrade to Windows XP Professiona...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

connect to simple COM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable is there a simple example on C or CPP or MFC how i can connect to simple = COM that has one interface and some methods with their arguments thank you Dani ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Outlook 2003 process doesn't shut down on closing
Hello, When I close down Outlook 2003 SP3, the outlook process continues to run and the Outlook icon remains in the Taskbar. Windows XP Pro SP2 fully patched. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve Do not multi-post. See your answer in m.p.office.misc. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Maincat asked: | Hello, |=20 | When I close down Outlook 2003 SP3, the outlook process continues to | run and the Outlook icon remains in the Taskbar. Windows XP Pro SP2 | fully patched.=20 |=20 | Any ideas? |=20 | Thank...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...