CRM 3.0 Relationship entity

Hi everybody,

I have a question about creating relationships between entities. Currently,
I need to create bunch of relationships from each opportunity to multiple
accounts.I defined all the roles for these accounts and created the
relationships from opportunity to account successfully but the problem is
when I go to the corresponding account, I can not see the relationship
created from the account to the opportunity.It obviously creates the
relationship,one-way, from opportunity to account and does not automatically
creates the backward relationship. Is there a way to automate the two-way
relationship creation, via a callout or so maybe??
Thanx in advance for your time!!

Isil
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

GP 10.0 Fresh Installation
I am trying to install GP 10.0 Trial Version on my laptop. Once when I tried half-way through the installation I had to abort installation. Subsequently after uninstalling all the installed component I restarted installation. Pre-requisite component installation window appears and installs Dextrity components. Next when I try installation using Autorun.inf file I get error "Installation Failed". If I try invoking Setup.exe directly nothing happens. Can someone help me? Hi pvravindran If this is a French Canadian Installation, I would recommend you contact Strophe (www.strop...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Reg: Tracking emails into MS CRM3.0
Hi Just now I installed MS CRM 3.0 desktop outlook client in my system. I am unable to track more than 1 email into CRM at a time from my Outlook inbox. Is there any way to track more than 1 email into CRM? please let me know......... Thx in advance. Anil V no, you can only do one at a time. If you need to track a lot of e-mail, you should investigate the CRM Exchange Router which will automatically post e-mail for you. Dave Ireland "Anil Kumar V" <AnilKumarV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E965A49-5558-4D7E-836F-A80092F57F30@microsoft.com... > Hi ...

Stacked charts #3
Is it possible to create a circular stacked chart? So the radius of the circle is equivalent to the height of the bar. It seems like it should be possible but I just can't think of a way to get it done! Thanks in advance, HarryAdney Not too sure if this is what you want, but you can take the existing chart, create a circle from the drawing toolbar, copy the circle, click on the bar you want changing and paste it -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "HarryAd...

CRM SQL Jobs
We have been running CRM3.0 in production for 7 months now and we just noticed that the following SQL jobs have been failing: MSCRM.update contract states MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex MSCRM Identity Reseeding MSCRM Index Defragmentation MSCRM Index Reindexing MSCRM Stored Procedure Priming I think it is just because they have been pointing towards the wrong database within SQL. 2 Questions: 1) Is it normal to have these jobs running on SQl for CRM? 2) Which database do I want these to point at? Metabase or MSCRM? Thanks Hi Dave, We use v1.2 and have re...

ZIP codes beginning with 0
I'm having trouble getting ZIP codes beginning with 0 to stick, even when specifying ZIP code in the format category type. No matter what I do, the initial 0 always gets dropped. Advice? Thanks. Hi Peter.......... Either pre-format your cells as TEXT, or enter a leading apostrophe before entering the number with the leading 0........the apostrophe won't show, it only forces TEXT formatting on that cell.......... Vaya con Dios,] Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ab7001c46836$3382cf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I&...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

Online Banking #3
I tried to use online banking with BOA these past couple of months, but it just did not work well. There are transactions just did not show up in my Money and I had to enter them myself. Is there any suggestion that I could balance my account monthly in a more efficient way? Or should I just foreget the online banking feature and start manually enter the transactions? Thanks ! Winnie "Winnie" <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C951ED1E-1F33-4589-947B-DB63B3B7D7B8@microsoft.com... >I tried to use online banking with BOA these past couple of m...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

unread email shows 3 envelopes
strangest thing....my unread/read emails shows three envelopes instead of one...I have the latest virus scan and checked for virus known found, checked for virus with mcafee online(free) nothing...have the latest office update and windows...I don't get any wierd errors or bsod. can anybody help appreciate it very much. >-----Original Message----- >strangest thing....my unread/read emails shows three >envelopes instead of one...I have the latest virus scan >and checked for virus known found, checked for virus with >mcafee online(free) nothing...have the latest offic...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

HTML Email templates in MS CRM 1.2
Dear all, In MS CRM version 1.0 there was the possibility to include HTML in an email template. When you would include some table, link or image html tags in the email they would be converted and diplayed as html. Our problem is that version 1.2 doesn't seem to support this any longer. Is this true or is there another way to do this. If it is remover, why has that been done. Regards, Edwin Jongsma, Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_0993C774 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Yes this is a removal in v 1.2 to disallow scripting via the editor. Thanks, Priya J...

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

Error message #3
Hi, everyone, I open to MS Excel 97, the following error messages was shown on screen. 26146100: file format is not valid. Please help Thanks Jimmy Something that is being opened is causing trouble. It could be an addin checked in Tools|Addins or a file in your XLStart folder (or if you are using tools|options|General|"Alternate Startup File location", it could be in there.) (Not many use the alternate startup file location, so try erasing that value from that box in excel--don't delete the real folder. If that fixed it, you're done.) If not, your task will be to...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Outlook2002 #3
Since I purchased Office XP Professional and started using Outlook2002, I have constant problems with "Program not responding" after a few seconds. During these seconds, it works fine. I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, downloaded every patch and the situation seems to be getting worse. I can use Outlook Express without any problem, but having paid for Outlook and prefering it anyway I would like to resolve this. I have run 2 different anti-virus programs and there does not seem to be a problem. I am using a Pentium lll 800 with 512MB of RAM and everything else work...

MS POS 1.0 Install error...
Im using XP PRO SP2 ..net 1.1 installed MS SQLServer installed When i try and install MS Point of Sale 1.0 , i get this error message at the end of the install, when it says "Installing and configuring database" ------Error Message------ System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Microsoft.Rms.Installation.CustomActions.Utilities.OpenSqlPortInFirewall(String installPath, String portNumber, String& errorMessage...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...