CRM 3.0 - Quick E-mail to Contacts

Just working with the beta of 3.0.  Is there a quick way to send an e-mail
template or even just an e-mail to a selected list of contact.  What I mean
is, in a list of contacts, if I choose say 3 or 4 contacts, is there some way
to quickly choose somehow to send them an e-mail.  If I choose them and
create a new e-mail task their names do not appear in the to list. Also if I
want to send a template e-mail to them, can it be done this way or does it
have to be done another way?

I know you can create an e-mail activity, then add all the names into the to
list but this would be the reverse - choosing from a list of contact. Perhaps
from an Advanced Find. In Outlook, when I advanced find, from More Actions I
get Mail Merge... and when I choose Template E-mail or even Blank E-mail it
brings up Word, not the CRM e-mail templates. Am a bit confused here.

This may not necessarily be a marketing campaign but a notice of some kind.

Any clarification on how to do this most effectively would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
Shauna
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 options available for you.
Use the 'Mail Merge' option if you are working on the Outlook client.
Use the 'Direct Email' option if you are working on the Web client.
You could perform an Advanced Find and get to the exact list of contacts
that you want to send emails to.
Once you get the list, select the required set of contacts from the list.
If using Outlook client,
- go to More actions - Mail Merge and choose the required template that you
would want to associate.
- You can always go about creating a 'new' templates as required (with the
required wordings and 'field' values and save it as a '.dot' file) and place
the same in the concerned folder path where all other templates are placed so
that the same is available to you when you choose the 'Template' option of
'mail merge'.
So you could possibly mock the same template that is available to you from
the CRM web application.

If Using the web client,
- perform the advanced find
- choose the set of contacts to whom you want to send the email to
- click on the 'Direct Email' button on the toolbar.
- this allows  you to choose from the set of 'email templates' that are
available in your crm implementation.  (can verify the templates available
from the Settings - Templates - Email Templates section).
This would allow you to send personalized emails to all the selected
contacts provided they have proper email IDs.

Hope this helps you

~jij

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Just working with the beta of 3.0.  Is there a quick way to send an e-mail
> template or even just an e-mail to a selected list of contact.  What I mean
> is, in a list of contacts, if I choose say 3 or 4 contacts, is there some way
> to quickly choose somehow to send them an e-mail.  If I choose them and
> create a new e-mail task their names do not appear in the to list. Also if I
> want to send a template e-mail to them, can it be done this way or does it
> have to be done another way?
>
> I know you can create an e-mail activity, then add all the names into the to
> list but this would be the reverse - choosing from a list of contact. Perhaps
> from an Advanced Find. In Outlook, when I advanced find, from More Actions I
> get Mail Merge... and when I choose Template E-mail or even Blank E-mail it
> brings up Word, not the CRM e-mail templates. Am a bit confused here.
>
> This may not necessarily be a marketing campaign but a notice of some kind.
>
> Any clarification on how to do this most effectively would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Shauna
OK Jij,

In Outlook client, I use Direst Mail option and it brings me to Word's
Template dialog box, NOT the CRM templates when I choose E-mail Template.

So you are suggesting I mock up a Word template to use to e-mail, basically
duplicating the work I have done in CRM to create the all our global or
personal templates?  This seems like a rather awkward way of doing things and
a duplication of effort.  Being in Outlook, you would think you should
logically have access to e-mail templates as you are in e-mail. This is
confusing to me.

OK, if that is the only solution, how do I create an e-mail template to
store in Word?

Thanks for your response and any more light you can shed on this.

Shauna

"Jij" wrote:

> 2 options available for you.
> Use the 'Mail Merge' option if you are working on the Outlook client.
> Use the 'Direct Email' option if you are working on the Web client.
> You could perform an Advanced Find and get to the exact list of contacts
> that you want to send emails to.
> Once you get the list, select the required set of contacts from the list.
> If using Outlook client,
> - go to More actions - Mail Merge and choose the required template that you
> would want to associate.
> - You can always go about creating a 'new' templates as required (with the
> required wordings and 'field' values and save it as a '.dot' file) and place
> the same in the concerned folder path where all other templates are placed so
> that the same is available to you when you choose the 'Template' option of
> 'mail merge'.
> So you could possibly mock the same template that is available to you from
> the CRM web application.
>
> If Using the web client,
> - perform the advanced find
> - choose the set of contacts to whom you want to send the email to
> - click on the 'Direct Email' button on the toolbar.
> - this allows  you to choose from the set of 'email templates' that are
> available in your crm implementation.  (can verify the templates available
> from the Settings - Templates - Email Templates section).
> This would allow you to send personalized emails to all the selected
> contacts provided they have proper email IDs.
>
> Hope this helps you
>
> ~jij
>

> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > Just working with the beta of 3.0.  Is there a quick way to send an e-mail
> > template or even just an e-mail to a selected list of contact.  What I mean
> > is, in a list of contacts, if I choose say 3 or 4 contacts, is there some way
> > to quickly choose somehow to send them an e-mail.  If I choose them and
> > create a new e-mail task their names do not appear in the to list. Also if I
> > want to send a template e-mail to them, can it be done this way or does it
> > have to be done another way?
> >
> > I know you can create an e-mail activity, then add all the names into the to
> > list but this would be the reverse - choosing from a list of contact. Perhaps
> > from an Advanced Find. In Outlook, when I advanced find, from More Actions I
> > get Mail Merge... and when I choose Template E-mail or even Blank E-mail it
> > brings up Word, not the CRM e-mail templates. Am a bit confused here.
> >
> > This may not necessarily be a marketing campaign but a notice of some kind.
> >
> > Any clarification on how to do this most effectively would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Shauna
Hi Jij,

Was trying your Direct E-mail suggestion in the Web Client.  I selected
multiple recipients in the contact folder, and also tried an Advanced Find
and found the contacts I needed. But in both cases there does not appear to
be a Direct E-mail tool on the toolbar in our installation of CRM 3.0 version
6.0.2800.1106 SP1.  There is a More Actions in both cases and Mail Merge.  Is
there something wrong with my installation? I would like the direct e-mail
feature as it will be easier to then send to multiple recipients.

Thanks!

Shauna

"Jij" wrote:

> 2 options available for you.
> Use the 'Mail Merge' option if you are working on the Outlook client.
> Use the 'Direct Email' option if you are working on the Web client.
> You could perform an Advanced Find and get to the exact list of contacts
> that you want to send emails to.
> Once you get the list, select the required set of contacts from the list.
> If using Outlook client,
> - go to More actions - Mail Merge and choose the required template that you
> would want to associate.
> - You can always go about creating a 'new' templates as required (with the
> required wordings and 'field' values and save it as a '.dot' file) and place
> the same in the concerned folder path where all other templates are placed so
> that the same is available to you when you choose the 'Template' option of
> 'mail merge'.
> So you could possibly mock the same template that is available to you from
> the CRM web application.
>
> If Using the web client,
> - perform the advanced find
> - choose the set of contacts to whom you want to send the email to
> - click on the 'Direct Email' button on the toolbar.
> - this allows  you to choose from the set of 'email templates' that are
> available in your crm implementation.  (can verify the templates available
> from the Settings - Templates - Email Templates section).
> This would allow you to send personalized emails to all the selected
> contacts provided they have proper email IDs.
>
> Hope this helps you
>
> ~jij
>

> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > Just working with the beta of 3.0.  Is there a quick way to send an e-mail
> > template or even just an e-mail to a selected list of contact.  What I mean
> > is, in a list of contacts, if I choose say 3 or 4 contacts, is there some way
> > to quickly choose somehow to send them an e-mail.  If I choose them and
> > create a new e-mail task their names do not appear in the to list. Also if I
> > want to send a template e-mail to them, can it be done this way or does it
> > have to be done another way?
> >
> > I know you can create an e-mail activity, then add all the names into the to
> > list but this would be the reverse - choosing from a list of contact. Perhaps
> > from an Advanced Find. In Outlook, when I advanced find, from More Actions I
> > get Mail Merge... and when I choose Template E-mail or even Blank E-mail it
> > brings up Word, not the CRM e-mail templates. Am a bit confused here.
> >
> > This may not necessarily be a marketing campaign but a notice of some kind.
> >
> > Any clarification on how to do this most effectively would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Shauna

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

Invoice Designer #3
I'm running Money Small Business 2004. I have gone into the invoice designer section of the program, and created an invoice template that I wish to use to print out my invoices. However I cannot find any way of getting the invoices created within Money to print out in this format. Is there any way to save this template so that it overwrites the standard invoice template which is quite unsuitable for my requirements (or is there some other way of getting the layout that I want?). None of the the help files within the program, the on-line Money 2004 manual or the web-based help files s...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Lost contacts
A customer brought his laptop from work and added it to his SBS 2000 network. Now he can not get to his old mail or contacts. The operating system is Windows XP Pro. His Outlook is also XP from Office XP Pro. He did not create a PST file prior to adding the laptop to the network. I belive his old mail and contects are still there but in a different profile. I can not find them in the Office 10 folder. Can anyone tell me how to recover his old contacts and mail or piont me to a Knowledgebase article? TIA Dan ...

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Business contact manager install failure
Office 2007 BCM gives me this error when I try and install it: Setup cant finish because it can't delete: c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\temp_MS_AgentSigningCertificate_database_log.LDF Any ideas? ...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

How do I import from LotusOrg 6.0?Import command only has 5.0
I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus Organizer. Don Kiamie donalbert@mindspring.com In news:32C8F514-3EA5-4802-B1A4-F9C66E77293A@microsoft.com, DonAlbert <DonAlbert@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under > the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have > any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus > ...

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Video mail VEMAIL.EXE
Just installed VEMAIL.EXE v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? Hi Ant Give up on it - the add-in doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed VEMAIL.EXE > v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" >Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? >. > ...