CRM 3.0 Pro on a member server within a SBS2003 environment. supported? works?

can CRM3.0 Pro (not SBE) be installed on a SBS2003 environment on a
member server (not the SBE server)?

0
IGA
7/3/2006 10:18:12 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, I've had that setup for some time with no issues...

"IGA" wrote:

> can CRM3.0 Pro (not SBE) be installed on a SBS2003 environment on a
> member server (not the SBE server)?

But is it supported by Microsoft.

"James Sanford" wrote:

> Yes, I've had that setup for some time with no issues...
>
> "IGA" wrote:
>
> > can CRM3.0 Pro (not SBE) be installed on a SBS2003 environment on a
> > member server (not the SBE server)?

Exchange 2000 Recovery Server
Hello, We need to create a recovery server for Exchange 2000. The production Exchange server is a member server. I know that we need to create another Win 2K AD, to limit the amount of hardware used can this recovery server also be installed on the domain controller or will they need to be on seperate servers to match the production enviornment? Thanks You can absolutely put you recovery server and DC all on the same server (just make sure it is in its own AD forest and own Exchange org). "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE2E823-62FC-440C...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

CRM / SQL Reporting Co-Exist
We are trying to run Microsoft CRM and SQL Server Reporting on the same server. We have experiemented with several approaches but with no luck. Either SQL Server Reporting's Report Manager will not run with an error that session state in disenabled in ASP.Net or I get an error that there is a problem with the assembly Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Types. Does anyone know where I could find a document on how to make CRM and SQL Reporting co-exist on the same or server. It must be possible since many people run Small Business Server 2000 or 2003. Regards, George Vessels ...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Change SMTP Server name in Message-ID
Dear all, I just have migrated Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange Server 5.5 for customer. Then customer ask me to change Exchange Server SMTP name (because cannot change NETBIOS name without re-installed.) So, I change through Exchange System Manager > SMTP Virtual Server > Delivery Tab > Advance > FQDN name from "thoresex1.thoresen.com" to "mail.thoresen.com" It seem OK except "message-ID" still appear like; "Message-ID: <2130B2528CD4B4408AEF7B50583E58800F8560@thoresex1.thoresen ...com>" Please see all message headers below:...

Max of value from DataGroup2 within DataGroup1
Hello - I have a table with data as follows below. I am trying to build a query that will give me the record with MAX of specDiffMax [value] for each TestFreq [DataGroup 2] within each TestNum [DataGroup1]. ID TestNum TestFreq specDiffMax -------------------------------------------- 4889683 Test 1 1710 3.669998 5123289 Test 1 1710 2.882999 4817314 Test 1 1710 3.102001 5134007 Test 1 1710.2 3.573002 4896056 Test 1 1710.2 3.355 4914480 Test 1 1710.2 3.515999 4889685 Test 2 1710.4 3.333 4896057 Test 2 1710.4 3.450001 4914481 Test 2 ...

Send/Receive at Launch does not work
I cannot get send/receive to work when I launch Outlook 2003. I went to the knowledge base and found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 312336" and tried it but it didn't do anything. Any help on how to get this working? Thanks Anyone have an idea here? What automatic polling interval did you set? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Doc" <doc@teamexs.com> wrote in message news:37ec01c3b071$2d7aee50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot get send/receive to work when I launch Outlook > 2003. I went to the knowledge base and found "Microsoft > Knowledge ...

Outlook and Hotmail -- now works again! For some not all?
Received from MS: <<Recently, Hotmail� announced that ... Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft� Office Outlook� and Outlook Express. [BUT....] <<We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.>> ....an "...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Cell shading not working in Excel 2003
Anyone run into this bizarre behiour ?... When editing spreadsheet using Excel 2003 (Student Teacher Ed.)in normal view mode, the cell shading (and patterns) do not display on the cell. Black and white patterns do not show and colors do not show. The cell remains default white background. The shading patterns and colors selected **do** however, display perfectly when view sheet in print preview mode..I'm not using conditional cell formatting or anything that would otherwise affect the cell shading. Running on Windows XP Home. marty Hi Marty, Sound like a video problem. I can add border, f...

outlook works a while then goes into "not responding"
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: oUTLOOK 2002 From: "vingman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 1/6/2004 1:24:20 AM this is a repost from my earlier message which had a uselessly broad subject I recently added Norton Internet Security and now my outlook freezes after a few actions, i can open a few emails or send some but after a short while i get the dreaded "not responding". i tried uninstalling internet security but outlook still didn't work. i also fixed the pst file with the microsoft utility (it found errors, th...

DSUM #3
[Excel 2003] I have a worksheet that looks something like this: A B C Charge Payable Paid $100.00 Y $650.25 Y $ 25.00 N 10/1/2007 $ 85.75 Y I would like to place a formula in a cell that will return the sum of all expenses in column A for rows which have a "Y" in column B and no value in column C. I think DSUM is the function to use, and I have read several help pages on it, but no formula I have tried has actually worked. I would appreciate any help. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A10...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. Hi Installation take bit time,you have to wait.it updates with sp-3 etc.. Regards, Bhaskar.T "dhawgood" ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

Cannot get CRM client for Outlook online
One of my customer's employees is having problems to get his CRM client for Outlook online (version 3.0). The error he is receiving says: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.". In the event log we find the following warning message: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event Category: None Event ID: 6425 Date: 10/12/2006 Time: 1:53:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AVELTP0131 Description: The current user does not have permission to use the Microsoft CRM Address Book. Contact the system administr...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...