CRM 3.0 Pro and SQL 2005

I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats wrong
with my installation?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
supports default instances.

-Randy

"John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> wrong
> with my installation?

0
Randy
7/27/2007 2:54:03 AM
during repair of MS CRM, use default instance of SQL Server.

--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Randy Way" wrote:

> Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> supports default instances.
>
> -Randy
>
> "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > wrong
> > with my installation?

When the sql server page comes up in the crm installation I put the server
name of the local server. Both Crm and sql are in the local server.The error
comes out.Should I use "localhost" instead of the server name? It won't allow
a repair..an error SSPI: row is invalid come out.

"Imran" wrote:

> during repair of MS CRM, use default instance of SQL Server.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> MS CRM Certified Professional
>
> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
>

> "Randy Way" wrote:
>
> > Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> > supports default instances.
> >
> > -Randy
> >
> > "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > > wrong
> > > with my installation?

Microsoft CRM supports named instances for SQL. so you don't have to
re-install SQL. But you need to contact Microsoft so it give you the
steps to by pass the check during the installation of CRM. I have many
clients using named instances.

Regards to the error message to the version number, you can go into
your CRM database and change the version back the the first initial
version, "0000". I guess you getting this error because you applied
some patches after CRM installation. when you re-install it, the
default CRM installation version unmatch.

Hope this helps.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jul 26, 9:54 pm, "Randy Way" <ra...@847live.com> wrote:
> Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> supports default instances.
>
> -Randy
>
> "John68" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > wrong
> > with my installation?- Hide quoted text -

Darren
7/28/2007 2:30:00 PM
Hi Darren,

Can you briefly describe how you change the version back the the first initial
version, "0000?"

Michael

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Microsoft CRM supports named instances for SQL. so you don't have to
> re-install SQL. But you need to contact Microsoft so it give you the
> steps to by pass the check during the installation of CRM. I have many
> clients using named instances.
>
> Regards to the error message to the version number, you can go into
> your CRM database and change the version back the the first initial
> version, "0000". I guess you getting this error because you applied
> some patches after CRM installation. when you re-install it, the
> default CRM installation version unmatch.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Jul 26, 9:54 pm, "Randy Way" <ra...@847live.com> wrote:
> > Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> > supports default instances.
> >
> > -Randy
> >
> > "John68" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > > wrong
> > > with my installation?- Hide quoted text -

Money 2005 & currencies
I'm considering Money 2005. Can anyone give some info on how assets and accounts in different currencies are handled. Are exchange rates downloaded and used for reporting? Thanks, Patrick I saw an update option somewhere under Tools/preferences or options. I think currencies are updated when you start M05 and synchronize (if it works one day :-) ) >-----Original Message----- >I'm considering Money 2005. > >Can anyone give some info on how assets and accounts in >different currencies are handled. Are exchange rates >downloaded and used for reporting? > &g...

CRM 3.0 Reports Link Not working
I installed CRM on one server and the Database on another. Everything seems to work fine except for the Reports Link listed in the workplace. This is the error I get: ERROR An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. I wish it was that simple, but I am the administrator. In the event log on the CRM Server I see nothing. On the SQL box the only strange thing I see is a 18456 Event for the user NT Authority\Anonymous Logon coming from the CRM servers IP. HELP!!!! A well known issue. Here is a hint from one of the older postings here: Have you loo...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

CRM and ERP
Hello, Our custome is planning to buy a new ERP applicaitons Axapta or Navision. So we have good chance to place Microsoft CRM Dynamic and integrate to ERP applications of Axapta or Navision. My first question is what you suggested Axapta or Navision? Take into consideration CRM integration with ERP. if any one has integration experience? how easy or difficult this might be? any one experienced That is like asking should I wear the red shirt or the blue shirt. Without more information about your company and your needs there is no one right answer to your question on Navision ...

GP 8.0 Analytical Accounting Co. Activation running too long
I have just installed AA for a client. The "Inital Install" went ok. I did the "Company Install" for each company (4 of them) which went ok. On the "Activate Analytial Accounting", the 1st 3 companies took about 15 mins. each. The 4th, and largest, company has been running overnight. What would cause this to still be running (no one is in the company)? If I stop the "Activate" process, can I just restart it? ...

custom report
I have a report that groups sales by zip codes. However, many of my zip codes have the four digit extension. Does someone know the command I can put in the zip field to truncate the zip code for the main 5 digits, allowing the group total for the main zip code? you will have to edit the report in notepad to change the formula: Begin Column FieldName = "ZipCode" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Zip" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "left(Customer.zip,5)" ColH...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold)
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...

Is it possible to run MS CRM Forms inside of parent Iframe/Form? How pass to CRM login/password programatically from parent form? Thanks. i believe this is what you're looking for: http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com/2006/06/showing-associated-activities-in.html unsupported but it works. is_vlb50@hotmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to run MS CRM Forms inside of parent Iframe/Form? > How pass to CRM login/password programatically from parent form? > Thanks. No,I need to display full crm inside my application.And pass login information to crm. Thanks. rvrebel@gmail.com wrote: >...

outlook e-mail #3
messages in my inbox disappear after i read them. where can i retrieve them Check your view. View, Current view, and make sure it's not set to unread messages. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c3e44e$8edc7360$a301280a@phx.gbl... > messages in my inbox disappear after i read them. where > can i retrieve them <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c...

CRM SF Outlook: Succesful Install, cannot access though
Can some one plz explain stepwise how to access CRM SFO. I cant locate any documentation to it. Thugh it has been succesfuly installed on my machine. Please guide me how to go around with it. Thanks g Best bet for free documentation is the Implementation Guide. Also this excellent site: http://www.mscrmexperts.com which happens to host a white paper you might be interested in on the SFO. info@sharedcal.co.uk www.sharedcal.co.uk Your fast route for team calendar view sharing in MSCRM 1.2! "Gautam Sachdev" <gautamsachdeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:739B7E8A-828E-415...

auto track outlook mails in crm 4.0
Hi all, In order to auto track outlook emails in crm 4.0, I have done followings but it does not working, can anyone help me pls?. Thanks. CRM-> Settings -> Adminstration -> Users Select the specific user and under the general tab (which whould be the default tab shown) there is a section called E-Mail Access Configuration. Select the incoming to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. If you would like CRM to send email outgoing, you can do so under the outgoing property but for my setup, we leave it at None. Now, go into the dropdown option in Outlook Outlook -> CRM -> Opt...

An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM
Dear all, i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0 I had already 'full' reinstall CRM, but the error still occurs. I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it cannot appears in the categories list!! Here is the error message. "Error Uploading report! An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your system administrator" I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services. I a...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 videos on channel9.msdn.com
As we get closer to an RTM of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 we have started to put together some screencasts talking about the technology. If there's something you would like to see discussed in a screencast let us know. http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=361020 http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=364853 ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde ...

Where can download latest CRM 3 Outlook CD
Hi. May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. this link it is the latest one http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E0CF1BB0&displaylang=en thank you Yes, the link you does point to the latest CRM 3 Outlook. Don't forgot to also install the Update Rollup 2 afterwards. You can find that by browsing to www.microsoft.com/downloads and entering "crm update rollup 2" in the box next to search all downloads. "Ng" wrote: > Hi. > > May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. &g...

Error with the Deployment Manager- access to the file \CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl refused
Dear all, Dear all, Configuration: CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 with the rollup 1.2 I 'm unable to deploy my customization . Indeed, as usual i created some new customization fields through the deployment manager and i added them to the account form. No problem with this. But when i launched the Deployment Manager for publishing it failed after a while and it seems there is a problem to access to the following ..xsl file: ...\CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl. Before i didn't have this problem. Strange? In the event log i have the message: "Erreur ProcessImportWorkItem : Access to the file &...

Upgrade WSS2.0 to WSS3.0
As a part of EPM2003 to EPM2007 Upgrade process, I have recently upgraded WSS2.0 SP2 to WSS3.0. Upgrade went perfectly fine and the whole data was migrated to the WSS3.0 environment. There's just one error that I ran into i.e. I am getting the message “One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields”, for the Issue and Risks Lists, displayed onto the home page, in all the SharePoint sites. This message goes away if I edit the view and save it without changing it. I need to fix this issue for about 6000 Sites. Please...

Using Appointment updating in CRM does not show up in Outlook
We have an appointment that was scheduled through c360's Group Calendar. Original time was 11am, but there was a change and the owner changed it to 10am. All of the attendies outlook calendars still show the 11am time. Is there someway to update this appoint in Outlook without having to delete and resend the appt email? I think this is a process issue (need to change the way we do things) but I don't know what needs to change. Any help is greatly appreciated. Ken ...

Installation of LCS 2005 SP1 in a 64 bits server running OS 2003 R
Two situations: First: With .NET Framework 2.0 & 3.0 install, the LCS installation does not report any errors, but the LCS console is blank. The workaround stated in kb926921 does not work in this case. Also, the live communications tab for the user configuration does not show up either. The LCS start after a reboot but still the same condition and I'm not able to configure the service. Second: Without .NET Framework installed got the following message and the installation failed: Product: MSFT Office Live Communications Server 2005 - - Error 1935. An error occurred during the ...

how can i use the same account with the same personal folders in two computers #3
please help in my company we have to use one account in two machines and we want every one in two machines to be aware of what the other do and what mails he send and recive, please note that dont use microsoft exchange as a mail server thanks in advance Only one outlook can access a pst at a time - you can use a batch file to make a copy for the second computer to use, but it won't be updated in real time. If you are only sharing mail, a local imap server might work better. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 ...

xp pro auditing object access
hi from Spain, i'm auditing object access (success and failure) over "My Documents" folder to list "List Folder/Read data" access. What happens is that after enabling and make a single access to the folder a huge number of items is displayed with events numbers 560,562,567. What am i doing wrong? Thanks. My Documents has all your "personal files" and the system will access it to provide you with all the information about contents. When you "enable auditing", the default setting also enables auditing of everything contain...

CRM 3.0 Support
I would like to know from Microsoft CRM support what modes of data input into CRM do not void Microsoft CRM support. There are 3 that I think are OK: 1) Put data into the CDF staging database and use the CRM Data Migration Wizard to move the data into CRM 2) Use the CRM SDK web services to insert data into CRM 3) Use Scribe to insert data into CRM (I assume Scribe uses the CRM SDK) One that I think voids support is 1) Inserting data directly into the CRM database using SQL Insert statements, BCP, select into, or bulk inserts. Can someone from Microsoft CRM support confirm this? Thanks!...

Exchange CRM Router
I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get failures for all users. Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved because Active Directory could not be contacted for domain 'abc' Has anyone seem this before?? Any help would great. Thanks Stuart. hi stuart i have the same problem, do you have a dot in your domain name? "StuartM" wrote: > I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get > failures for all users. > Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved becau...

GP 7.0 move to new server
Thanks to some customizations (Agora) to our Great Plains 7.0, we are in a holding pattern upgrading to GP 9.0, but recently our server started falling ill. I need to move our installation from our old server to a new server ASAP. Is there any documentation how to accomplish this. from my understanding i need to: a) Install GP and customizations on new server b) Create identically named companies on the new GP install c) Make backups from the old server d) Restore backups to new server Some of the big questions I have is "is this just it"? How about users and their security pr...

CRM 3.0 and Multiple currencies
Hi, Out of the box is CRM 3.0 multi currency capable ? .. I saw another post with links to a bunch of other vendors who provide plugins and components for 1.2 for multi currency .. but I'm just wondering if anything has changed with 3.0 ? thanks for the help, regards, Wal. Hi Wal! "Wal" wrote > Out of the box is CRM 3.0 multi currency capable ? .. I saw another post > with links to a bunch of other vendors who provide plugins and components > for > 1.2 for multi currency .. but I'm just wondering if anything has changed > with > 3.0 ? AFAIS no....

Can exchange 4.0 support outlook 2003?
I use outlook 2000 as a client , exchange 4.0 is my server. now I update outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. i can not check my name,it says 'choice criterion is too complex ..' My outlook 2003 is fine, i can use it as a client of exchange 2000. thanks for any help. You'll probably struggle to find anyone who's got an Exchange 4.0 server around for testing with. I can't confirm whether what you're seeing is a problem or not. You really need to move away from Exchange 4.0 - that's over 7 years old now! Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 4.0 is a bit like bolting a Roll...