CRM 3.0 Pro and SQL 2005

I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The 
Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats wrong 
with my installation?
0
Utf
7/27/2007 2:10:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
919 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
supports default instances.

-Randy

"John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com...
>I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats 
> wrong
> with my installation? 

0
Randy
7/27/2007 2:54:03 AM
during repair of MS CRM, use default instance of SQL Server.


-- 
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com



"Randy Way" wrote:

> Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> supports default instances.
> 
> -Randy
> 
> "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com...
> >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats 
> > wrong
> > with my installation? 
> 
0
Utf
7/27/2007 7:54:00 AM
When the sql server page comes up in the crm installation I put the server 
name of the local server. Both Crm and sql are in the local server.The error 
comes out.Should I use "localhost" instead of the server name? It won't allow 
a repair..an error SSPI: row is invalid come out.

"Imran" wrote:

> during repair of MS CRM, use default instance of SQL Server.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Regards,
> 
> MS CRM Certified Professional
> 
> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
> 
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
> 
> 
> 
> "Randy Way" wrote:
> 
> > Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> > supports default instances.
> > 
> > -Randy
> > 
> > "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com...
> > >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats 
> > > wrong
> > > with my installation? 
> > 
0
Utf
7/27/2007 8:16:01 PM
Microsoft CRM supports named instances for SQL. so you don't have to
re-install SQL. But you need to contact Microsoft so it give you the
steps to by pass the check during the installation of CRM. I have many
clients using named instances.

Regards to the error message to the version number, you can go into
your CRM database and change the version back the the first initial
version, "0000". I guess you getting this error because you applied
some patches after CRM installation. when you re-install it, the
default CRM installation version unmatch.

Hope this helps.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek
http://www.crowecrm.com


On Jul 26, 9:54 pm, "Randy Way" <ra...@847live.com> wrote:
> Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> supports default instances.
>
> -Randy
>
> "John68" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com...
>
>
>
> >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > wrong
> > with my installation?- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


0
Darren
7/28/2007 2:30:00 PM
Hi Darren, 

Can you briefly describe how you change the version back the the first initial
version, "0000?"

Michael


"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Microsoft CRM supports named instances for SQL. so you don't have to
> re-install SQL. But you need to contact Microsoft so it give you the
> steps to by pass the check during the installation of CRM. I have many
> clients using named instances.
> 
> Regards to the error message to the version number, you can go into
> your CRM database and change the version back the the first initial
> version, "0000". I guess you getting this error because you applied
> some patches after CRM installation. when you re-install it, the
> default CRM installation version unmatch.
> 
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek
> http://www.crowecrm.com
> 
> 
> On Jul 26, 9:54 pm, "Randy Way" <ra...@847live.com> wrote:
> > Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server.  CRM only
> > supports default instances.
> >
> > -Randy
> >
> > "John68" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> >
> > >I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1
> > > When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server
> > > says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The
> > > Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats
> > > wrong
> > > with my installation?- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
8/9/2007 6:50:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Tracking IRA and the year of contribution and owner in Money 2005
I downloaded a new IRA account from Vanguard and now I don't know how to classify the year of contribution and owner. When I downloaded the account Money did not recognize this as an IRA account, I had to go to the account setting and check the Retirement Account Box and then designate it as an IRA. Is there an easier way to track these things in Money 2005 Premium. In microsoft.public.money, vrdumbos wrote: >I downloaded a new IRA account from Vanguard and now I don't know how to >classify the year of contribution and owner. Is Money asking you those questions? > Whe...

Tables #3
I have created a publisher 2007 document with tables in it but I cannot see the actual table unless I go to print preview. What am I doing wrong? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mommydi" <Mommydi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D3BC5E-9CBC-41F6-8420-EF0CC2CFCD4B@microsoft.com... >I have created a publisher 2007 document with tables in it ...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

1 company will not upgrade to 10.0
One of our companies will not upgrade from 9.0 sp3 to 10.0 sp1. The below messages appear. The following SQL statement produced an error: if exists (select * from sysobjects where id = object_id('dbo.GPS_CHAR') and sysstat & 0xf = 6) drop default dbo.GPS_CHAR ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The default 'dbo.GPS_CHAR' cannot be dropped because it is bound to one or more column. ...

CRM login problem in IE
Recently some of our CRM users have started facing the login problem through IE. As soon as they enter their username and password, the IE close down. The strange thing is that same user is able to login from an other machine. IE version is 6.0 with SP1 on both machines, windows is properly updated on both machines, but why user is able to login from one machine but not from the other machine. Any idea???? any solution Regards --MAC See if they have any pop-up blockers. If so, disable them. "MAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845701c48520$497e2...

adding pictures/logos to crm or changing colors etc
does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form or the CRM UI as a whole, if so how would i go about doing this? also is it possible to change other features of its appearance such as colors...? TIA Emily, The place to start might be by looking at the cascading style sheet template that is documented on the SDK - this is really meant to provide a base for building other web sites in the style of MS CRM. >-----Original Message----- >does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form >or the CRM UI as a whole, if so...

crm books
Are there any books for customizing CRM? If there is, are they any good? There are only 2 books currently out for MSCRM and neither of them go into customization. They are both geared toward using the system. "jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297101c3af9b$3ae147a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... Are there any books for customizing CRM? If there is, are they any good? Hi Yep - I can concur. I have seen 2 books out in the bookstores (even here in Asia). Me thinks the material is lame however. Out of say 10 chapters, 7 relate to MSCRM application u...

need some SQL Update Help
I have a Access 2000 db and I have these 2 tables. ArchInvoices --------------- InvoiceID - Primary Key - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - long SaleType - char(1) TransactionDate - DateTime Discount - Integer WholesaleFlag - Boolean PaymentMethod - Char(6) CustPONumber - Char(30) ShortName - Char(30) MdCountCode - char(2) TaxFreeID - char(30) Paid - Boolean FestInvoiceNumber - long The second Table is: ArchLineItems --------------- TransactionType - char(1) Units - integer UnitCost - Double BottleSize - Double LineItemId - PrimaryKey - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - Long - Foreign Key Field from Arc...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #3
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ You can just type = and then click the cell if you want to be duplicate. "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do...

Windows 2008 R2 and SQL SSMSE installation
Hi, I am tring to install SQL 2008 R2 and SSMSE on a Server 2008 Server that has already been upgraded to Powershell V2. I have been unable to get Powershell V1 installed, even after removing PoshV2, and downloading Poshv1, I get an error installing Posh V1, says this update does not apply to your system. If I install powershell via the deature mangement tool, it installs V2. So how in the heck can I install SQL and SSMSE on Server 2008 R2, if SSMSE requires PoshV1, and 2008 R2 comes with v2 by default? Why does SSMSE hangup on v1 so much, isnt Posh suppose to be backwar...

unable to open CRM web page
It seems that I can open the CRM web page from the server but not from any workstations. It also affected any clients that were using the Outlook client. I have tried opening the page using the ip address, and the FQDN of the the server and still didn't have any luck. Someone point me in the right direction. Hi Flip, Well a few things to try to narrow the problem down: 1. Can you ping the server with the IP address / FQDN? 2. Can you log into the server with a non administrator and get to the site locally? (may be a permission issue, set to run as local or network service) 3. Log...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

Need to upgrade CRM but only have MSCRM database file
Does anybody have any suggestions how to upgrade crm 1.2 to crm 3.0 when all you have is the MSCRM and the METADATA database files from the crm 1.2 install? I assume you mean you have lost the active directory it was installed on with version 1.2? In this case you would be forced to extract data out of these databases with code and import to a new CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "John Steskal" <JohnSteskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2FC01F-E422-49CD-A808-66D5A02B4E59@...

Intercompany in PO receiving in GP 9.0
Hi all, I have a requirement to do intercompany disctibution during receiving process in "Receiving transaction entry". How do I achieve it with GP 9.0 Thanks Ramesh, The GP Intercompany module cannot do this. However, I think that MC2's Advanced Intercompany Transactions product can: http://www.mc2software.com/AITComparison.aspx. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Ramesh" <Ramesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F082D83C-789A-41B7-A3CA-579425E2952B@m...

Help with VC6.0 Basic Concept!
Hello everyone, I am new to VC,and I don't quit understand the defferences in project types in vc6.0, especially MFC AppWizard, Win32 Application, Win32 Console Application, Win32 Dynamic-Link Libray, MFC AppWizard and Win32 Static Libary,Thanks very much! Lazytiger wrote: > Hello everyone, > I am new to VC,and I don't quit understand the defferences in project > types in vc6.0, especially MFC AppWizard, Win32 Application, Win32 Console > Application, Win32 Dynamic-Link Libray, MFC AppWizard and Win32 Static > Libary,Thanks very much! A console applic...

Money 2006 Trial version #3
Hello, I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it. When I run it, it says I am running a trial version. What happened? Can I re-download the real thing. This is Money 2006 Standard. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Sam K wrote: > >I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it. When I run it, it says I am >running a trial version. > >What happened? >Can I re-download the real thing. >This is Money 2006 Standard. Start with the trial, as you have done. When Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you bought Money, it should download the approp...

CRM add in
Does anyone know of a simple CRM like add-in for RMS that would allow the user to track more custom information on their customers. It doesn't need to be anything quite as robust as a standalone CRM application would be, just a little more flexible than the 15 fields RMS offers. Custom screen pulled from a custom POS button. Maybe use Access? Just some ideas. I don't know of a specific add on. If you are interested in our helping you do this, contact me anytime. -- Amy Luby, President Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner Mobitech Omaha, NE 68137 402-330-0707(o) 40...

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Migration from ACT to CRM via Outlook with Business Contact Manage
We have been looking for a straightforward means of migrating ACT to CRM (reasonable cost and reasonable effort). Alternatives include manual reentry, Scribe Insight, CDF / DTS. Is the following migration path technically feasible? Documentation suggests that the following alternative might work: 1. Install Business Contact Manager (BCM) for Outlook. 2. Use the Business Contact Manager's Import wizard to capture Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, etc., into Outlook with BCM. This would exploit the ACT/ BCM maps in IRIS. 3. Synchronize MS CRM with the BCM database in Outlook. Ho...

link error with afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0
I used global variant afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0 (VS2008+Feature Pack) in my MFC extension dll like this: HICON hIcon = afxGlobalUtils.GetWndIcon(pWnd); But when i compile, there is a link error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CGlobalUtils afxGlobalUtils" (?afxGlobalUtils@@3VCGlobalUtils@@A) Does any .lib file neet to be added to project? "Omnix" <Omnix@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:79A5E3F3-3163-4566-AC50-493A9AD42E2E@microsoft.com... >I used global variant afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0 (VS2008+Feature Pack) in my > ...

SQL help please
I've got a query that I just can't seem to get right. I have a table (orders) with itemName and itemQty. Every order makes a new row so I can have many rows with the same itemName plus the itemQty that was ordered. What i'm trying to do is get how the total number of each item ordered. First try: SELECT itemName, count(*) as popitemCount FROM Orders Group By itemName ORDER BY Count(*) DESC Looks good except it only tells me how many times each item was ordered regardless of itemQty, not how many total of each item. I need something like.. SELECT itemName...

Business Portal 3.0 for MS Dynamics GP 9.0
Hello, I try install Business Portal 3.0 for MS Dynamics GP 9.0, but when i configure intallation options show error message " The database (master) on SQL Server (PO) does not meet minimum requirements--your back office data must be at version 9.0" I don't now how solve this trouble. I installed MS Dynamics GP 9.0 on Win Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2000 SP4. Thanks for answers Jakub, You will need to go into your database tables for great plains. Look in the dynamics database. Check the du000020, db_upgrade, and sy01500 tables. Make sure the vermajor and verminor on e...

CRM Deployment Manager SNAPIN
We are getting the following error when we try and use the Deployment Manager "The Selected snap-in did not initialize properly" We have checked all the services and they appear to be running correctly, we had tis problem in the past and were able to resolve it by re-installing CRM, but the problem has re-occured and we would like to find the cause of the error and not re-install the software each time. The event viewer has the following info for this error "The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( DMSNAPIN ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the ...

exchange crm router rules cleaning tool
Hi, I'm working with one server where is installed Exchange, AD, and Exchange CRM Router, and another with CRM3.0. So I uninstalled the Exchange CRM router without deleting the deployed rules. I installed the crm router again but when some users sent emails one email is returned indicating that the message could not be delivered to the past router's mailbox. I need to know if it's a tool to delete all the past rules or a way to clean them manually. Hi there You should be able to roolback the Rule - with the Exchagne CRM router tab, If you dont you can delete the rule eith...

Sql server locking/blocking issue
hi guys, I have a procedure to delete old records by id (clustered index) from the a big table (delete about 150k records at a time comparing to 30 M total in the table) and at the same time, some procedures will insert or update data in this table by id as well. When I did the tests, I found the first procedure is blocking all other insert/update procedures. The locks of the first procedure has is the PAGE exclusive lock. Those update/insert procedures will only work on the newer ids. I don't know why this block can happen. Could anyone here help me explain a little bit? R...