CRM 3.0 on SBS2003 - System Settings Error

I've just installed CRM3.0 Small Business Edition on a Small Business
Server 2003 Premium server. Everything went fine with the install, and
it's all working OK apart from if I try to access the System Settings I
get an error.

I've seen a fair number of postings on similar type problems, but
nothing seems to match my situation exactly. CRM, SQL etc are all on
the one server, unlike some of the other issues that seem to have been
reported.

Any ideas, as I'm going nuts trying to get this all to work.

Thanks,
David

0
david
5/5/2006 6:54:14 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
What is the error message?

Have you tried installing it in the same way on a lab/VPC and see if you get
the same error?

//Gustaf

"david.heggie@gmail.com" wrote:

> I've just installed CRM3.0 Small Business Edition on a Small Business
> Server 2003 Premium server. Everything went fine with the install, and
> it's all working OK apart from if I try to access the System Settings I
> get an error.
>
> I've seen a fair number of postings on similar type problems, but
> nothing seems to match my situation exactly. CRM, SQL etc are all on
> the one server, unlike some of the other issues that seem to have been
> reported.
>
> Any ideas, as I'm going nuts trying to get this all to work.
>
> Thanks,
> David

system administrator
Hyperlinks blocked by system administrator -- Chuck http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/278839. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Chuck asked: | Hyperlinks blocked by system administrator ...

Excel 2007 3 Traiffic Light Conditional Formatting
Does anyone know how to get this to work using the 3-light conditional formatting in Excel 2007 using the reference to another cell? I need it pretty much the same way as listed above, but it is not working for me. Here is the set up I currently have. ROW 1 MTD ACTUAL BUDGET DIFFERENCE ROW 2 120 120 130 -10 I want the 3-Light Conditional Formatting to be used on the MTD column with this formula set up below. GREEN LIGHT >= =D2=0 YELLOW LIGHT >= =D2=(-3) RED LIGHT Why is this not working? Any and every bit of help would be most appreciated! Thanks, nathan Nathan, AFAIK, you ca...

Cases within CRM
Hi, We are currently using a product called Touchpaper to manage our service desk cases. Some of the functionality within there enables us to have 'hot topics' that can be dropped on to a call to auto populate fields for a generic issue. For example if you had a service outage which affects lots of customers then you don't want to type the same thing out over and over for them all. Is there anyway to do something similar within CRM so it will auto populate the data when something is triggered and yuo literally just need to add the customer to the case? Many thanks, There&...

CRM 3.0
I'm having an "unknown error" when syncing contacts with Outlook 2003. Is there a log anywhere that displays more detail about the error? I don't see anything in Event Log. In the mean time, i've been trying to disable the sync of contacts in CRM 3.0. I've unchecked the setting in the CRM options button in Outlook and i've also tried removing the Local Data constraint for contacts but it still is syncing contacts and error out. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_0001_585128C3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Thanks for your ques...

Outlook sending errors.
I have recently got a program that helps my spam and junk=20 problem called Mail Washer (V4.1). The program works great but I am having a problem with=20 Outlook 2002. When I try to send a message I receive a=20 error quoting: Task 'mail.garethmyles.com - Sending and Receiving'=20 reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)=20 server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL- secured connections have worked in the past, contact your=20 server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). =20 The server responded: ?=1E?$for more information.' And Task &...

ughh.... Office 2004 sp2 (11.2) update error
Let me start this out by saying I'm a PC engineer, I do not do Macs, but my wife had a G4 and we just upgraded it. I know I'm not the only one getting this error as I've seen it listed about a dozen times, but the only people that I see with a solution have external hard drives. I've loaded Office 2004 with SP2 Version 11.2 (050714). I've tried auto update as well as downloading. and I keep getting the #$%#@ error "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this install to det...

SMTP & POP3 Setting
Does anyone know the smtp and pop3 settings for MSN or Hotmail through OL? MSN no longer supports pop3/smtp with their accounts. All accounts and hotmail are http accounts Cheers "DJM911" <david.malandra@siemens.com> wrote in message news:9a5401c4974e$6d0146e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know the smtp and pop3 settings for MSN or > Hotmail through OL? ...

Set a PowerPoint Presentation so it Can't be edited?
Hi Folks, I am using PowerPoint 2007 on my Windows 7 machine and PPT 2008 on my Mac. How can I set a presentation so it can't be edited and that it can't be saves as a different name and then edited? Is this even possible? Justin In article <justin-04C5C2.22524718042010@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin wrote: > Hi Folks, I am using PowerPoint 2007 on my Windows 7 machine and PPT > 2008 on my Mac. > How can I set a presentation so it can't be edited and that it can't be > saves as a different name and then edited? > Is this even possib...

OAL Generator - Errors 9331
Does anybody have any idea how to correct these errors? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Generator Event ID: 9331 Date: 6/22/2004 Time: 8:58:05 AM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: OALGen encountered error 80040107 (internal ID 501023d) accessing the public folder store while generating the offline address list for address list '/'. - /o=XXXXXX/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address Lists For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. And Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Gen...

CRM 4.0 workflow.config error
Hi, I am getting the following in my trace log in CRM 4.0. "The DotNetAssembly upgrade failed: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Failed validating the workflow.config file. The 'entity' attribute is not declared." The workflow.config is fine and contains a parameter as follows: <parameter name="AccountID" datatype="lookup" entityname="account" attribute="accountid"/> I know that it is calling the workflow step though because an earlier error was fixed when I changed the config of the step. Does anyone know what is going on? CRM 4...

how do I set up the fax in word 2007
can anyone tell me how to set up the fax facility There is no fax facility in Word. If you have a fax modem installed and fax software, you should also have a fax 'printer' driver. Print to that. http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

Outlook 2002 error (0x80040119) HELP!
How do I reinstall Outlook 2002 so it doesn't follow the same path that when installed doesn't work? I don't want to have to reformat the drive and start over. I have an issue/error 0X80040119 and am unable to send or receive mail. Looks like I am sending or receiving mail then before it finishes up comes this error. HELP Likely there is some issue with the PST file. Run SCANPST.EXE on the current PST file, and run scandisk on your hard drive to check for disk errors. Last resort, create a new PST file and set it as the default delivery location. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:38:...

error message 0x8004060C
while receiving messages, the progress bar just goes forward, but no actual messages are downloaded. when the progress bar is complete, it displays the error message. meanwhile, i can't do anything in outlook except marking messages read or unread. i try to delete, move messages, add tasks, nothing works. i just get an error like: 'cannot move items' or outlook has encountered an unexpected error. if the problem persists, please restart outlook'. of course restarting outlook or even my computer is of no help whatsoever. please help, this is my office email program and...

eConnect 10.0 SDK (version prior to SP1 & SP2)?
Hi All, I am reposting this question, as I am yet to succeed in finding the correct link to this download. I need eConnect 10.0 SDK, version prior to SP2, since SP2 require the basic version to be present. And I do not have this installed. I checked PartnerSource, but it is leading me to SP2 install page. I sincerely hope someone assist me in finding the correct link in PartnerSource. -- Regards, Vaidy https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/eConnect10DownloadsforMicrosoftDynamicsGP10.htm "Vaidy" wrote: > > Hi All, > > I am repostin...

How to remove fatal error LNK1179
Hello, i am getting this error in MFC StdAfx.obj : fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file: duplicate COMDAT '_IID_INTERFACE NAME' This interface is defined in two dlls which i have imported in my code as follows #import "first.dll" named_guids #import "second.dll" named_guids I am not using the /H or /Gy options during compilation. pls help me Thank You, Vishal... ...

Read Receipt Error
I tried to send a read receipt in response to an e-mail I recieved, but apparently my mail system doesn't support them. Now Outlook (2003) tries to send the receipt every time I do a send/recieve and generates an error message. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to cancel the read receipt, since it doesn't show up in my Outbox or Sent Items folders. I've gone so far as to completely disable sending read receipts, and removing the mail account and recreating it - all to no avail. Anyone have a fix for this? -Kevin ...

Error when closing Process Server
I am getting an error when closing the Process Server. The error title bar: DDE Server Window: Dynamics.exe - Application Error Error Message: The exception unknown software exception (0xc00200001) occurred in the application at location 0x77e4bee7. Click on OK to terminate the program Has anyone seen this error before, or know how to correct? Windows 2003 Server, GP10 sp2... ...

Integration Manager
We're using the Integration manager to import inventory items in to GP 10.0 and we're getting the following error: "The Item Currency Maintenance window is available only when Multicurrency is registered." The company has been setup as a test company and Multi Currency access has been granted. Any suggestions for getting past this would be greatly appreciated! Thank You. Have you configured the company for a currency? Go to the Financial menu and look at the Multicurrency tasks. Its in setup. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Sof...

How do I set accounts in Outlook 2007 to receive hotmail accounts.
I have been receiving my MSN email on Outlook using Verizon DSL and a verizon/MSN program. Last week, verizon dropped the MSN service (I still have an MSN hotmail account), and I can no longer receive my MSN email on Outlook. E-mail is still there on Windows Live, but I hate Windows Live. When I called Verizon, they told me that Microsoft had blocked all hotmail accounts on Verizon. This seems too incredible to be true. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is Microsoft really blocking hotmail accounts on Outlook? The easiest way to download emails from Hotmail is to us...

OWA error message #2
I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, it's OK. I am using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Please help, Thank you inadcance. Lisa Have you installed the OWA hotfix and Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831464 This may help as well.... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_esdk_arch_webdav_security.asp Bob "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043a01c48fb9$4689e360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, > it's OK. ...

how to generate xsd for sqlxml 3.0
Hi guys, How to generate this xsd schema below for SqlXml <?xml version="1.0" ?> <Schema xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data" xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql"> <ElementType name="Employee" sql:relation="Employees" > <AttributeType name="EmpID" /> <AttributeType name="FName" /> <AttributeType name="LName" /> <attribute type="EmpID" sql:field="EmployeeID&q...

Debugging
Hello: Is the brief, euphoric rush you get when you finally find the bug worth the endless, gnawing frustration of debugging needed to discover it? When you discover a long-sought after bug do you: a) yell "Yes, Yes, oh YES!" like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally"? b) dance around the room in your boxers like Tom Cruise in "Risky Business"? c) rip off your shirt like Mia Hamm after the big goal? d) all of the above...? Inquiring minds want to know... register your response here: ___________________________. OK..., so I've got this process to download ...

Publisher v 2.0
I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open them with Publisher 2003 etc? You should be able to open them... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081001c4e5f5$c7f92a40$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would > like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open > them with Publisher 2003 etc? >-----Original Message----- >...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.

ESM error stating that mapi32.dll is the wrong version
Hi, Problem solving a failed Exhange 2000 SP3 server, I had to install IIS and Reinstall Exchange. Copied back ofline backup and all seemed Okay. Nagging problem. Everytime I start ESM, I get a message that mapi32.dll is the wrong version. (Note: it is the Exchange sp3 version....) I have done a bit (lot) of reading on this and it tends to relate to putting Outlook on the same machine. Office\Outlook is not installed (not sure but doubt it ever has). All stated fixes are for restoring the Outlook version (mapifix.exe). I want to get ESm working. Note; ESM continues to load if o...