CRM 3.0 Mobile for Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes)

I was just looking at the minimum requirements for CRM 3.0 Mobile and I see
only the Texas Instruments and Intel processors listed.  The 8525 uses a
Samsung 400MHz processor.  Is there a plan in place to test and release on
this platform?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The Intel processors usually mean Xscale processors or ARM processors.

The Samsung chip is almost certainly a repacked ARM processor so should
work.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"captbackfire" <captbackfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was just looking at the minimum requirements for CRM 3.0 Mobile and I see
> only the Texas Instruments and Intel processors listed.  The 8525 uses a
> Samsung 400MHz processor.  Is there a plan in place to test and release on
> this platform?

0
John
11/27/2006 4:24:12 PM
If the Samsung processor is a repackaged ARM, then the frequency is not high
enough to meet the minimum requirements as posted on the CRM 3.0 Mobile
download site.  Is there a plan to test on this phone and issue a support
statement one way or another?

Redeploy CRM
Hi, i have a plan to redeploy CRM. I have a CRM in company A, and then i will deploy CRM in it's brother company (company B). I want to migrate all data of CRM (company A) which owner is Anie into CRM's company B. Can i do it with Data Migration Framework, or there is others choice ? Thx The better choice is to use the Redeployment Tool, which is on the server CD, under \Redeployment. "KA 04-1" <KA041@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:162F0219-A08C-4489-8204-5970916E8D31@microsoft.com... > Hi, i have a plan to redeploy CRM. I have a CRM in co...

CRM for Outlook
In one customer's CRM for Outlook laptop, when I went to the Online Services folder to open Reports, instead of opening up the Reports page via the http://crm link, the Reports page was opened with http://crm.domainname.com, causing me to enter the username and password to access the reports even though the user was already logged in as a domain member. Where did the suffix get added during the installation process? Is it just from the user's laptop setting or is it a server setting? How can this be fixed so that the Online Services link will not use the FQDN and require a password?...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

Need help #3
Hello all, If I have list of 1a, 1b, 1c (in different cells). Can I drag to get 1d, 1e,....... Thanks Rithy Yes. Highlight the last two cells and, in the bottom right you will see a small black blob. Catch hold of this and drag it and the value of the increment between the two cells will be copied to those cells. If this doesn't work it will be because it needs to be configured. Click on <Tools><Options><Edit> and tick <Allow cell drag and drop>. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "Rithy Chhan" <012973110@mobitel.com.kh> wrot...

CRM data migration for custom entities
Current tool does not allow data migration into custom entities. It should. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=974c3a64-791f-4566-9c07-576d0fce6e40&dg=mi...

CRM Reports 05-17-07
hello, When I am creating a report using Visual Studio, for the phone call entity the "Recipient" field is not there to be added to my reports. This is a partylist field type. Please Help...... Thanks............ I'm working on activity reports, too. I created a subreport for the activity party, using this query: SELECT activityid, participationtypemaskname, partyidname FROM dbo.FilteredActivityParty WHERE (NOT (participationtypemaskname IN ('owner', 'regarding'))) AND (CAST(activityid AS nvarchar(50)) = @activID) Then my layout is just a...

Smart Phones creating new sales opportunities in MS CRM
Hi, Do you have experiance of interactive CRM usage in a smartphone. E.g. a sales rep receiving an email lead in SmartPhone outlook, creating a CRM opportunity and new company from this then calling the new contact off the phone number feild? I'm looking at 2 smart phones for this: The Qtek 9100 (also known as the XDA mini-s, SPV M3000, MDA Vario, imate K-JAM ) and the Vodafone 1605 (also known as the Hermes, Mercury, TyTN, JASJAM, SPV M3100, MDA Vario II, XDA Trion) Would these be suitable or should i be looking at something else ? Thanks in Advance, Stuart Fawcett, London. -- S...

Email to queue question (crm 3.0)?
Hi, I have some question which I hope you can answer. 1. Example: If we have a queue named test (test@mscrm.com). This queue are monitored by several peoples who has this address as primary email on the user configuration in order to be able to reply to customer with test@mscrm.com in the from address. By doing so the people monitoring the queue will also get a copy of the email to the queue. Which mean that they individual could work on the same case without knowing of each other. As far as I remember this was different in 1.2 where the email only got into the queue. Is it a new fe...

email attachment #3
I have been sent email attachment with .xls extension. I do not have excell on my computer. Is there a way to open the attachment? Thanks for your help. Hi RGM! You can open the file for just viewing file the Excel Viewer that is downloadable from: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx It's a fair size download (3.8 MB) Or you can get OpenOffice that will allow you to work on the file: http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.1/index.html That's a 63.5 MB download. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "rgm" ...

Sorting cells with formatting #3
I've a spreadsheet where I formatted certain cells with fills and borders. When I sort the cells, the formatting stays and did not move with the cells. Is it possible to sort the cells such that the format stays with the specific cells? Thanks ...

CRM 1.2 Installation problem.
Hi all, I read many topics here and met the same situations I am facing.But no resolutions're right for me. So I post a new one with my hope anyone which had solved the problem could help me. I installed Microsoft CRM 1.2. After the installation, restarted, I could see in the Event viewer : 1. Crystal APS started and stopped. The error : The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login '_S_Software_Co...

Microsoft CRM currency
In microsoft crm in the reports zone, all the values are shown in escudos $$ and i whant to change it to Euros ... Who do i do this?? can anyone help me ..... Portugal I have change the local WinXp settings currency symbol to=20 Euro and in crystal it apears in ? now but when ms crm=20 executes the reports if i havent change the format in the=20 field to custom "?" it doesn=B4t change !! :( I think that=20 the problem is in MS CRM Thanks for the help We had the same problem. We had modified the same parameter Martin had told you to chane, but we also had changed in the MS re...

Allow quantity discounts to have a "Sell X for Y price", 3 for $5
Right now discounts only allow for specific price breaks or reductions. It should be more simple than that, it should allow the user to enter a discount where if an item is sold in multiples as indicated in the discount a specific price is allowed. In an example an item regularly sells for $1.99 but you want to be able to sell 3 for $5.00. In RMS you can't do this. You have to create a discount of a quantity of 3 at $1.66 which when rung sells as $4.98 and there is no way to extend the decimal place for the prices entered in a discount such as $1.6663 in order to get a rollover....

how can I use conditional formatting with formula and 3 poss resul
Want to test 5 calculated results against a static target. If result greater than target, color cell green. If result = target, color cell yellow. If result less than target, color cell red. Results are presented in a column with the target number in a cell 2 rows above headers in the same column. Just the way you specified. Your conditions would be something like: =a2>a1 [color green] =a2=a1 [color yellow] =a2<a1 [color red] If you need more help, post back with the version of Excel you are using, as the instructions differ. Regard, Fred "CBS" <CBS@di...

How to embed/display Flash(.swf) in Dynamics CRM Online?
How to embedded/display Flash (.swf) in Dynamics CRM Online? (Other than using IFRAME to point to another Web Server or VirtualDirestory.) Thanks in advance! ~Stanley ...

PPT quits when launching slide show with Office 2004 11.3.9
I have two users with MacBook Pro notebook and OS X 10.4.11 running office 2004 11.3.9. Both of them are having trouble running powerpoint slide shows. When they do, the app quits with an unexpected error. I've taken the following steps rebuilt their prefs deleted MS Office cache files reinstalled office - tested without patches - same issue reapplied patches - tested - same issue tested as another user tested as admin user tested with external display attached and removed The odd thing is that both systems had been working as expected prior to Apples 10.4.11 update and the MS Office 20...

Outlook 98 #3
How do I back up the files (inbox, drafts, etc...) folders in my Outlook 97. Several of the files also have attachments associated with them. I'm running Outlook 98 and WIN98. Thanks, John On 10/21/2003 6:27 PM, John wrote: > How do I back up the files (inbox, drafts, etc...) folders > in my Outlook 97. Several of the files also have > attachments associated with them. I'm running Outlook 98 There are a lot of different ways to backup your Outlook profile. I will not doing into details since many sites have already instructions written down. Check this site an...

sort #3
Hi: Help !!! How to find all the control or formula to prevent my sheet t sort correctly ? I downloaded my bank statement and tried to sort b check amount and it doesn't work !! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am from the MS Excel support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue Thank you Enterprise Project Consultin If you downloaded your bank statement (which I have never done mainly because there is never more than 95 cents, after pay day, in it), wouldn't it be a text file? Make...

MS Outlook 2007 #3
I have had the MS Office 2007 Professional for about a year now and really like it. It also has the SP2 installed. It has been kind of acting funny now for about 4 months abd today the computer locked up and shut down while my wife was reading her e-mail. When I rebooted all of Office programs work except the Outlook portion. It starts to come up but then I get an error that it cannot open up the Outlook window. I tried to run the repair from the disk. Doesn't work! Then I removed the entire Office 2007 package and reloaded it complete with the SP2. Everthing works but I still get ...

Need some CRM questions answered...
Hi, I've got a few things I need help with in CRM 3.0 1-When you disqualify a Lead, there are reasons you can select from for the desqualification. I need to add a reason to that list. How do I do that? 2-Is it possible to add more contacts to a Lead? There may be multiple contacts for that Lead, and I would want them all to be brough in as contact under the account that is created when the lead is converted. 3-Inside and Account and Lead, there is the History view. I want to change the column layout and sorting in the History. How can I do that? Thanks for the help. Dan, ...

Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll download
Can somebody help me get the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll file. I want to test the SDK and development for CRM. I know it's on the install CD, but I'm still waiting for it to be ordered and delevered by the company. Can somebody send it to me, or can I download it somewhere, so I can start learning? Thanks in advance, R. Bakkers Rob, You're not going to get very far with the SDK if you don't have CRM installed yet. All you'll be able to do is make sure stuff compiles. You won't be able to test any of your code as it will require an installed version of CRM to run. Matt...

Microsoft CRM
Hi, I have a hard problem with - license key inserting into MS CRM - and lanching new installed MS CRM system Problem <adding license key> Because I have had a <adding license key>, I obtain a hint do installation follow IG dokument. I have installed Windows2000, Exchange2000, SQLSrv2000 follow Implement Guide document. Because I would like to start sample aplication MSDN, I have reinstalled servers and change organization name to <adventure-works>. Now I am still problem with <adding license key> (designed in IG page 123). Problem with <running MSCRM> Af...

Printing Headers #3
How do I print the headers of each column at the top w/o printing the row numbers on the left hand side and the ABCs at the top? JRobinP wrote: || How do I print the headers of each column at the top w/o printing || the row numbers on the left hand side and the ABCs at the top? File-Page Setup-Sheet and uncheck the "Row and Column Headings" box.... -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Under Page Setup -> Sheet -> Select the Rows to repeat at top or Select the Cols...

NDR 550 5.7.0 Message Size Violation
one of my users send an email to 14 addresses with a 4 MB .doc attachement. 2 of them came back with the following messsage the rest received the mail. Can anyone tell me what the error is and why it only occurs on this reciepient. From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 3:24 PM To: lwood@topeka.org Subject: Undeliverable:FW: GFOA Standing Committee Application Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: GFOA Standing Committee Application Sent: 8/24/2004 3:19 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ...

Analysis Services OLAP/Data Warehouse and CRM
Hi Interested in using Analysis Services OLAP cubes to do analyzis on the data in the CRM-system - Is there any built in Analysis Services OLAP cubes in CRM (like with Project Server)? - If not - Has some partner addressed this offering cubes on CRM - Is "Microsoft Business Solutions for Analytics-Enterprise Reporting " a solution to address this? If yes what's the licensing model/for this? /Peder ...