CRM 3.0 Mapping Problem - Urgent

HI,
Sorry now I am at the computer and I can give a more detailed account of the
mapping issue.

When you create a Contact within an Account, the accountid maps to
parentcustomerid in Contact. What I am trying to do it take that value and
put it into a attribute called CFSAccount Name to hold that value so it is
mappable.

When then create an Opportunity, Quote, or Order from that Contact I would
then want to map:

Contact                    Opportunity
CFSAcount Name >>CFSAccountName

Contact                      Quote
CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName

Contact                      Order
CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName

Opportunity               Quote
CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName

Opportunity               Order
CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName

Quote                       Order
CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName

OK, when trying to do this mapping I go into Account to Contact Mapping, and
I can see:

Account                     Contact
accountid >>             parentcustomerid

I try and create a new mapping in Contact to Contact - not available

I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (Parental):

Account                     Contact
accountid >>             CFSAccountName
Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.

Tried:

Account                     Contact
parentaccountid >>    CFSAcountName

got the same error.

I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (System):

Account                     Contact
accountid >>             CFSAccountName
Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.

Tried:

Account                     Contact
parentaccountid >>    CFSAccountName

What do I need to do to get this to work!  It worked in CRM 1.2. Mind you I
did have my tech look at it and he may have done something I am missing here.
He is no longer available to assist me.

Also need to bring over the Territory field into the contact form.

Any IMEDIATE assistance would be greatly appreciated as the company goes
live on Monday!!!!!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ok the types are:

accountid = primary key
parentaccoutid = lookup

our CFSAccountName = nvarchar

Do I need in 3.0 to recreate CFSAccountNameNew as lookup type or something
to the match the lookup field type and is that field actually holding the
right Account Name information.  I am very new at this and having to take
over from a technician who has left.

Thanks again for your imediate assistance!!!

Shauna

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> HI,
> Sorry now I am at the computer and I can give a more detailed account of the
> mapping issue.
>
> When you create a Contact within an Account, the accountid maps to
> parentcustomerid in Contact. What I am trying to do it take that value and
> put it into a attribute called CFSAccount Name to hold that value so it is
> mappable.
>
> When then create an Opportunity, Quote, or Order from that Contact I would
> then want to map:
>
> Contact                    Opportunity
> CFSAcount Name >>CFSAccountName
>
> Contact                      Quote
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Contact                      Order
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Opportunity               Quote
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Opportunity               Order
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Quote                       Order
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> OK, when trying to do this mapping I go into Account to Contact Mapping, and
> I can see:
>
> Account                     Contact
> accountid >>             parentcustomerid
>
> I try and create a new mapping in Contact to Contact - not available
>
> I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (Parental):
>
> Account                     Contact
> accountid >>             CFSAccountName
> Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
>
> Tried:
>
> Account                     Contact
> parentaccountid >>    CFSAcountName
>
> got the same error.
>
> I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (System):
>
> Account                     Contact
> accountid >>             CFSAccountName
> Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
>
> Tried:
>
> Account                     Contact
> parentaccountid >>    CFSAccountName
>
> What do I need to do to get this to work!  It worked in CRM 1.2. Mind you I
> did have my tech look at it and he may have done something I am missing here.
> He is no longer available to assist me.
>
> Also need to bring over the Territory field into the contact form.
>
> Any IMEDIATE assistance would be greatly appreciated as the company goes
> live on Monday!!!!!
Tried to create a new attribute New_CFSAccountName as lookup to match type
but lookup is not a type options available so am unable to match the types.

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> HI,
> Sorry now I am at the computer and I can give a more detailed account of the
> mapping issue.
>
> When you create a Contact within an Account, the accountid maps to
> parentcustomerid in Contact. What I am trying to do it take that value and
> put it into a attribute called CFSAccount Name to hold that value so it is
> mappable.
>
> When then create an Opportunity, Quote, or Order from that Contact I would
> then want to map:
>
> Contact                    Opportunity
> CFSAcount Name >>CFSAccountName
>
> Contact                      Quote
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Contact                      Order
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Opportunity               Quote
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Opportunity               Order
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> Quote                       Order
> CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
>
> OK, when trying to do this mapping I go into Account to Contact Mapping, and
> I can see:
>
> Account                     Contact
> accountid >>             parentcustomerid
>
> I try and create a new mapping in Contact to Contact - not available
>
> I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (Parental):
>
> Account                     Contact
> accountid >>             CFSAccountName
> Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
>
> Tried:
>
> Account                     Contact
> parentaccountid >>    CFSAcountName
>
> got the same error.
>
> I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (System):
>
> Account                     Contact
> accountid >>             CFSAccountName
> Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
>
> Tried:
>
> Account                     Contact
> parentaccountid >>    CFSAccountName
>
> What do I need to do to get this to work!  It worked in CRM 1.2. Mind you I
> did have my tech look at it and he may have done something I am missing here.
> He is no longer available to assist me.
>
> Also need to bring over the Territory field into the contact form.
>
> Any IMEDIATE assistance would be greatly appreciated as the company goes
> live on Monday!!!!!
Shauna,
lookup fields are created by opening the Contact (or any other entitiy)
entity from the customizations menu, and going to "Relationships" and then
creating a 1 to Many, or Many to 1 Relationship, then you are prompted to
enter the name of the attribute to create from there which will be of type
"Lookup". With that in mind, creating custom lookups on enties that already
exist is not available, you may need a "Linker" object to do so. It all
depends on what EXACTLY you are trying to do with quotes, orders, and
opportunities. Let me see if I have it straight:
You want to create a new opportunity where the "Parent Customer" is a contact
Then, you want that Contact's Parent Account to show up as a value on the
entitiy it is related to?
I believe this can all be done via JavaScript if all you want is the NAME of
the account, and not its GUID to be displayed. If you do it via JavaScript,
you will not have the ability to "click" on the account name, it will only be
text. Please let me know exactly what you want to do, and need to accomplish
by monday. Also, are you working on it this weekend? or is today the only day
you have?
-Paul Reitmeyer

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Tried to create a new attribute New_CFSAccountName as lookup to match type
> but lookup is not a type options available so am unable to match the types.
>
> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > HI,
> > Sorry now I am at the computer and I can give a more detailed account of the
> > mapping issue.
> >
> > When you create a Contact within an Account, the accountid maps to
> > parentcustomerid in Contact. What I am trying to do it take that value and
> > put it into a attribute called CFSAccount Name to hold that value so it is
> > mappable.
> >
> > When then create an Opportunity, Quote, or Order from that Contact I would
> > then want to map:
> >
> > Contact                    Opportunity
> > CFSAcount Name >>CFSAccountName
> >
> > Contact                      Quote
> > CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
> >
> > Contact                      Order
> > CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
> >
> > Opportunity               Quote
> > CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
> >
> > Opportunity               Order
> > CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
> >
> > Quote                       Order
> > CFSAccountName >> CFSAccountName
> >
> > OK, when trying to do this mapping I go into Account to Contact Mapping, and
> > I can see:
> >
> > Account                     Contact
> > accountid >>             parentcustomerid
> >
> > I try and create a new mapping in Contact to Contact - not available
> >
> > I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (Parental):
> >
> > Account                     Contact
> > accountid >>             CFSAccountName
> > Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
> >
> > Tried:
> >
> > Account                     Contact
> > parentaccountid >>    CFSAcountName
> >
> > got the same error.
> >
> > I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (System):
> >
> > Account                     Contact
> > accountid >>             CFSAccountName
> > Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
> >
> > Tried:
> >
> > Account                     Contact
> > parentaccountid >>    CFSAccountName
> >
> > What do I need to do to get this to work!  It worked in CRM 1.2. Mind you I
> > did have my tech look at it and he may have done something I am missing here.
> > He is no longer available to assist me.
> >
> > Also need to bring over the Territory field into the contact form.
> >
> > Any IMEDIATE assistance would be greatly appreciated as the company goes
> > live on Monday!!!!!
Hi Paul,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! for getting back to me.  I can only work on it today but
now have someone who does know Java that should be able to work on it this
weekend.

All I need is for the Account Name to appear on the Opportunity, Quote and
Order when they are created from a Contact or from each other.  It only has
to be text and does not have to be changeable.  Printable yes, and able to go
onto a report yes.

So, if I understand you, to take the accountid or parentaccountid (lookup),
whichever actually holds the Account Name, take its actual text value and put
it into another field in an Opportunity, Quote and Order this can now only be
done via Javascript.  My tech was able to do it before in 1.2 - not sure how
but it worked in 1.2. What info do I need to pass on to him re: Javascripting
to send him in the right direction?  I personally do not know javascript.

Is there no way to map it within CRM using the conventional mapping now??

Thanks again so much Paul!!!

Shauna

"Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:

> [...]
> > > Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
> > >
> > > Tried:
> > >
> > > Account                     Contact
> > > parentaccountid >>    CFSAcountName
> > >
> > > got the same error.
> > >
> > > I try to create a new secondary mapping in Account to Contact (System):
> > >
> > > Account                     Contact
> > > accountid >>             CFSAccountName
> > > Get an error that this sttribute map is invalid. Not the same type.
> > >
> > > Tried:
> > >
> > > Account                     Contact
> > > parentaccountid >>    CFSAccountName
> > >
> > > What do I need to do to get this to work!  It worked in CRM 1.2. Mind you I
> > > did have my tech look at it and he may have done something I am missing here.
> > > He is no longer available to assist me.
> > >
> > > Also need to bring over the Territory field into the contact form.
> > >
> > > Any IMEDIATE assistance would be greatly appreciated as the company goes
Okay,
I did the testing on this, and here is your answer (I offer no guarantees on
this).
Open the contact form, and place your new text field on the form
(CFSAccountName).
Enter double click the "parent customer" field and go the the "events" tab.
Double click the "onChange" event, and click the "enable" checkbox.
In the text area copy the following script.

/* the "new_accountname" needs to be changed to your text field*/
var acctname = crmForm.all.new_accountname;

acctname.DataValue = crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue[0].name;

modify the script so that "crmForm.all.new_accountname;" is
"crmForm.all.cfsaccountname;" (NOTE: make sure this is all lowecase)

Save the form, publish the contact entity.

Now, when you select a parent account for a contact, the "account name"
field should populate with the text from that field. Map the rest of it
however you would like.
GOOD LUCK!
-Paul Reitmeyer

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> THANK YOU SO MUCH!! for getting back to me.  I can only work on it today but
> now have someone who does know Java that should be able to work on it this
> weekend.
>
> All I need is for the Account Name to appear on the Opportunity, Quote and
> Order when they are created from a Contact or from each other.  It only has
> to be text and does not have to be changeable.  Printable yes, and able to go
> onto a report yes.
>
> So, if I understand you, to take the accountid or parentaccountid (lookup),
> whichever actually holds the Account Name, take its actual text value and put
> it into another field in an Opportunity, Quote and Order this can now only be
> done via Javascript.  My tech was able to do it before in 1.2 - not sure how
> but it worked in 1.2. What info do I need to pass on to him re: Javascripting
> to send him in the right direction?  I personally do not know javascript.
>
> Is there no way to map it within CRM using the conventional mapping now??
>
> Thanks again so much Paul!!!
>
> Shauna
>
> "Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:
>
> > Shauna,
> > lookup fields are created by opening the Contact (or any other entitiy)
> > entity from the customizations menu, and going to "Relationships" and then
> > creating a 1 to Many, or Many to 1 Relationship, then you are prompted to
> > enter the name of the attribute to create from there which will be of type
> > "Lookup". With that in mind, creating custom lookups on enties that already
> > exist is not available, you may need a "Linker" object to do so. It all
> > depends on what EXACTLY you are trying to do with quotes, orders, and
> > opportunities. Let me see if I have it straight:
> > You want to create a new opportunity where the "Parent Customer" is a contact
> > Then, you want that Contact's Parent Account to show up as a value on the
> > entitiy it is related to?
> > I believe this can all be done via JavaScript if all you want is the NAME of
> > the account, and not its GUID to be displayed. If you do it via JavaScript,
> > you will not have the ability to "click" on the account name, it will only be
> > text. Please let me know exactly what you want to do, and need to accomplish
> > by monday. Also, are you working on it this weekend? or is today the only day
> > you have?
> > -Paul Reitmeyer
> >

> > "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
> >
> > > Tried to create a new attribute New_CFSAccountName as lookup to match type
> > > but lookup is not a type options available so am unable to match the types.

HI Paul,

THANKS AGAIN!!! I just tried it.  I typed in what you told me to - never
doing this before so I hope I did it right:

/* the "new_accountname" needs to be changed to your text field*/
 var acctname = crmForm.all.new_accountname;

 acctname.DataValue = crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue[0].name;

 modify the script so that "crmForm.all.new_accountname;" is
 "crmForm.all.cfsaccountname;"

Then saved and closed, then clicked Publish.  Exited out of  CRM, went back
in.  I opened an existing Account and then Actions menu, Add Related Contact
and created a dummy contact and saved it.  The Parent Account  name did not
apprear in the Account Name.  Did I type in your instructions wrong? I copied
it from your message.

Thanks again. We are getting closer!! YAHOO!!!!!

Shauna

"Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:

> [...]
> > > "Lookup". With that in mind, creating custom lookups on enties that already
> > > exist is not available, you may need a "Linker" object to do so. It all
> > > depends on what EXACTLY you are trying to do with quotes, orders, and
> > > opportunities. Let me see if I have it straight:
> > > You want to create a new opportunity where the "Parent Customer" is a contact
> > > Then, you want that Contact's Parent Account to show up as a value on the
> > > entitiy it is related to?
> > > I believe this can all be done via JavaScript if all you want is the NAME of
> > > the account, and not its GUID to be displayed. If you do it via JavaScript,
> > > you will not have the ability to "click" on the account name, it will only be
> > > text. Please let me know exactly what you want to do, and need to accomplish
> > > by monday. Also, are you working on it this weekend? or is today the only day

HI Paul,

Redid the coding.
Now getting the error:

Event: Field parentcustomerid
Error: 'undefined' is mnul or not an object.

Any suggestions?

You can e-mail me directly at shauna@skoppangconsulting.com

"Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:

> [...]
> > > "Lookup". With that in mind, creating custom lookups on enties that already
> > > exist is not available, you may need a "Linker" object to do so. It all
> > > depends on what EXACTLY you are trying to do with quotes, orders, and
> > > opportunities. Let me see if I have it straight:
> > > You want to create a new opportunity where the "Parent Customer" is a contact
> > > Then, you want that Contact's Parent Account to show up as a value on the
> > > entitiy it is related to?
> > > I believe this can all be done via JavaScript if all you want is the NAME of
> > > the account, and not its GUID to be displayed. If you do it via JavaScript,
> > > you will not have the ability to "click" on the account name, it will only be
> > > text. Please let me know exactly what you want to do, and need to accomplish
> > > by monday. Also, are you working on it this weekend? or is today the only day

Hi again Paul,

Making headway. We were able to get the text into the Account Name field
from the parentcustomerid attribute.  YEH!!! Step one done.  Now went into
the Contact and mapped CFSAccount Name to Opportunity CFSAccount Name in both
the Parental and in the System.  So in a Contact when I create an Opportunity
using either Actions--> Add Releated -->Opportunity or click the Opportunity
side tab and then choose New Opportunity, the Account name does not come
through. So close yet so far.

Any ideas???

Thanks again Paul!

Shauna

"Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:

> [...]
> > > "Lookup". With that in mind, creating custom lookups on enties that already
> > > exist is not available, you may need a "Linker" object to do so. It all
> > > depends on what EXACTLY you are trying to do with quotes, orders, and
> > > opportunities. Let me see if I have it straight:
> > > You want to create a new opportunity where the "Parent Customer" is a contact
> > > Then, you want that Contact's Parent Account to show up as a value on the
> > > entitiy it is related to?
> > > I believe this can all be done via JavaScript if all you want is the NAME of
> > > the account, and not its GUID to be displayed. If you do it via JavaScript,
> > > you will not have the ability to "click" on the account name, it will only be
> > > text. Please let me know exactly what you want to do, and need to accomplish
> > > by monday. Also, are you working on it this weekend? or is today the only day

Shauna,
Publish your changes on the contact mappings you made.
Are you recieving any errors on the mappings?
Other than publishing the mappings, make sure that you are creating a
contact from an account, and then creating an opportunity from that contact.
Let me know if you have any more issues.
-Paul

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Hi again Paul,
>
> Making headway. We were able to get the text into the Account Name field
> from the parentcustomerid attribute.  YEH!!! Step one done.  Now went into
> the Contact and mapped CFSAccount Name to Opportunity CFSAccount Name in both
> the Parental and in the System.  So in a Contact when I create an Opportunity
> using either Actions--> Add Releated -->Opportunity or click the Opportunity
> side tab and then choose New Opportunity, the Account name does not come
> through. So close yet so far.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks again Paul!
>
> Shauna
>
> "Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:
>
> > Okay,
> > I did the testing on this, and here is your answer (I offer no guarantees on
> > this).
> > Open the contact form, and place your new text field on the form
> > (CFSAccountName).
> > Enter double click the "parent customer" field and go the the "events" tab.
> > Double click the "onChange" event, and click the "enable" checkbox.
> > In the text area copy the following script.
> >
> > /* the "new_accountname" needs to be changed to your text field*/
> > var acctname = crmForm.all.new_accountname;
> >
> > acctname.DataValue = crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue[0].name;
> >
> > modify the script so that "crmForm.all.new_accountname;" is
> > "crmForm.all.cfsaccountname;" (NOTE: make sure this is all lowecase)
> >
> > Save the form, publish the contact entity.
> >
> > Now, when you select a parent account for a contact, the "account name"
> > field should populate with the text from that field. Map the rest of it
> > however you would like.
> > GOOD LUCK!
> > -Paul Reitmeyer
> >

> > "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Paul,
> > >
> > > THANK YOU SO MUCH!! for getting back to me.  I can only work on it today but
> > > now have someone who does know Java that should be able to work on it this
> > > weekend.
> > >
> > > All I need is for the Account Name to appear on the Opportunity, Quote and
> > > Order when they are created from a Contact or from each other.  It only has
> > > to be text and does not have to be changeable.  Printable yes, and able to go
> > > onto a report yes.
> > >
> > > So, if I understand you, to take the accountid or parentaccountid (lookup),
> > > whichever actually holds the Account Name, take its actual text value and put
> > > it into another field in an Opportunity, Quote and Order this can now only be
> > > done via Javascript.  My tech was able to do it before in 1.2 - not sure how
> > > but it worked in 1.2. What info do I need to pass on to him re: Javascripting
> > > to send him in the right direction?  I personally do not know javascript.
> > >
> > > Is there no way to map it within CRM using the conventional mapping now??
> > >
> > > Thanks again so much Paul!!!
> > >
> > > Shauna

Hi Paul,

Yes we published.
No Error Messages
We created a new contact from an account.
Then from the new contact we created an Opportunity and yes it works.

However, we have over 1200 existing Contacts in there already that will need
to have new opportunities created from them them.

Any suggestions on how to deal with Existing Contacts as that is where the
majority of Opportunities will be generated from.  These do not seem to be
firing.

Thanks again SO MUCH for helping. We are still here waiting for Microsoft to
call us. You have been such a great help in the interim. We called Microsoft
at 10:47  AM PST this morning and they close at 5:00 PM PST - still nothing.
You have at least helped us get to this point which was way farther than we
got to on our own. It is very much appreciated!!!

Shauna

"Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:

> Shauna,
> Publish your changes on the contact mappings you made.
> Are you recieving any errors on the mappings?
> Other than publishing the mappings, make sure that you are creating a
> contact from an account, and then creating an opportunity from that contact.
> Let me know if you have any more issues.
> -Paul
>
> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > Hi again Paul,
> >
> > Making headway. We were able to get the text into the Account Name field
> > from the parentcustomerid attribute.  YEH!!! Step one done.  Now went into
> > the Contact and mapped CFSAccount Name to Opportunity CFSAccount Name in both
> > the Parental and in the System.  So in a Contact when I create an Opportunity
> > using either Actions--> Add Releated -->Opportunity or click the Opportunity
> > side tab and then choose New Opportunity, the Account name does not come
> > through. So close yet so far.
> >
> > Any ideas???
> >
> > Thanks again Paul!
> >
> > Shauna
> >
> > "Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:
> >
> > > Okay,
> > > I did the testing on this, and here is your answer (I offer no guarantees on
> > > this).
> > > Open the contact form, and place your new text field on the form
> > > (CFSAccountName).
> > > Enter double click the "parent customer" field and go the the "events" tab.
> > > Double click the "onChange" event, and click the "enable" checkbox.
> > > In the text area copy the following script.
> > >
> > > /* the "new_accountname" needs to be changed to your text field*/
> > > var acctname = crmForm.all.new_accountname;
> > >
> > > acctname.DataValue = crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue[0].name;
> > >
> > > modify the script so that "crmForm.all.new_accountname;" is
> > > "crmForm.all.cfsaccountname;" (NOTE: make sure this is all lowecase)
> > >
> > > Save the form, publish the contact entity.
> > >
> > > Now, when you select a parent account for a contact, the "account name"
> > > field should populate with the text from that field. Map the rest of it
> > > however you would like.
> > > GOOD LUCK!
> > > -Paul Reitmeyer

Shauna,
You will need to update all contact records in the system if you do that.
Thankfully, you're updating records that are text areas. Keep in mind, THIS
ACTION IS NOT SUPPOTED BY MICROSOFT. However, it is the only way to update
records in the system that werent created on the form.
The following SQL script will need to be run against the MSCRM database:

Update contact
set cfsaccountname = AccountIdName
Where new_accountname is NULL

If you've never done this before, and do not know what you are doing; find
someone who knows how to run a SQL script. I do not offer any guarantee on
this SQL script or any information I give you, but good luck, and make sure
to verify that "cfsaccoutname" is what your field is called before you run
that script.

If you have absolutely no other options or people that know how to do this,
and require assistance, call me @ 443-600-3644 and I'll walk you through it.

-Paul Reitmeyer

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Yes we published.
> No Error Messages
> We created a new contact from an account.
> Then from the new contact we created an Opportunity and yes it works.
>
> However, we have over 1200 existing Contacts in there already that will need
> to have new opportunities created from them them.
>
> Any suggestions on how to deal with Existing Contacts as that is where the
> majority of Opportunities will be generated from.  These do not seem to be
> firing.
>
> Thanks again SO MUCH for helping. We are still here waiting for Microsoft to
> call us. You have been such a great help in the interim. We called Microsoft
> at 10:47  AM PST this morning and they close at 5:00 PM PST - still nothing.
> You have at least helped us get to this point which was way farther than we
> got to on our own. It is very much appreciated!!!
>
> Shauna
>

> "Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:
>
> > Shauna,
> > Publish your changes on the contact mappings you made.
> > Are you recieving any errors on the mappings?
> > Other than publishing the mappings, make sure that you are creating a
> > contact from an account, and then creating an opportunity from that contact.
> > Let me know if you have any more issues.
> > -Paul
> >
> > "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi again Paul,
> > >
> > > Making headway. We were able to get the text into the Account Name field
> > > from the parentcustomerid attribute.  YEH!!! Step one done.  Now went into
> > > the Contact and mapped CFSAccount Name to Opportunity CFSAccount Name in both
> > > the Parental and in the System.  So in a Contact when I create an Opportunity
> > > using either Actions--> Add Releated -->Opportunity or click the Opportunity
> > > side tab and then choose New Opportunity, the Account name does not come
> > > through. So close yet so far.
> > >
> > > Any ideas???
> > >
> > > Thanks again Paul!
> > >
> > > Shauna

Hi Paul,

Went live and these changes work!  Thanks so much for all your help on such
short notice.  Really appreciated!

Shauna

"Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:

> Shauna,
> You will need to update all contact records in the system if you do that.
> Thankfully, you're updating records that are text areas. Keep in mind, THIS
> ACTION IS NOT SUPPOTED BY MICROSOFT. However, it is the only way to update
> records in the system that werent created on the form.
> The following SQL script will need to be run against the MSCRM database:
>
> Update contact
> set cfsaccountname = AccountIdName
> Where new_accountname is NULL
>
> If you've never done this before, and do not know what you are doing; find
> someone who knows how to run a SQL script. I do not offer any guarantee on
> this SQL script or any information I give you, but good luck, and make sure
> to verify that "cfsaccoutname" is what your field is called before you run
> that script.
>
> If you have absolutely no other options or people that know how to do this,
> and require assistance, call me @ 443-600-3644 and I'll walk you through it.
>
> -Paul Reitmeyer
>
> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Yes we published.
> > No Error Messages
> > We created a new contact from an account.
> > Then from the new contact we created an Opportunity and yes it works.
> >
> > However, we have over 1200 existing Contacts in there already that will need
> > to have new opportunities created from them them.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to deal with Existing Contacts as that is where the
> > majority of Opportunities will be generated from.  These do not seem to be
> > firing.
> >
> > Thanks again SO MUCH for helping. We are still here waiting for Microsoft to
> > call us. You have been such a great help in the interim. We called Microsoft
> > at 10:47  AM PST this morning and they close at 5:00 PM PST - still nothing.
> > You have at least helped us get to this point which was way farther than we
> > got to on our own. It is very much appreciated!!!
> >
> > Shauna
> >

> > "Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:
> >
> > > Shauna,
> > > Publish your changes on the contact mappings you made.
> > > Are you recieving any errors on the mappings?
> > > Other than publishing the mappings, make sure that you are creating a
> > > contact from an account, and then creating an opportunity from that contact.
> > > Let me know if you have any more issues.
> > > -Paul

Shauna,
Im glad to hear that I could be of service. I hope you have a little better
luck next time with your installs and perhaps some more time to spend on
requirements as to ensure things are worked out before the weekend of the
install.
-Paul

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Went live and these changes work!  Thanks so much for all your help on such
> short notice.  Really appreciated!
>
> Shauna
>
> "Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:
>
> > Shauna,
> > You will need to update all contact records in the system if you do that.
> > Thankfully, you're updating records that are text areas. Keep in mind, THIS
> > ACTION IS NOT SUPPOTED BY MICROSOFT. However, it is the only way to update
> > records in the system that werent created on the form.
> > The following SQL script will need to be run against the MSCRM database:
> >
> > Update contact
> > set cfsaccountname = AccountIdName
> > Where new_accountname is NULL
> >
> > If you've never done this before, and do not know what you are doing; find
> > someone who knows how to run a SQL script. I do not offer any guarantee on
> > this SQL script or any information I give you, but good luck, and make sure
> > to verify that "cfsaccoutname" is what your field is called before you run
> > that script.
> >
> > If you have absolutely no other options or people that know how to do this,
> > and require assistance, call me @ 443-600-3644 and I'll walk you through it.
> >
> > -Paul Reitmeyer
> >
> > "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Paul,
> > >
> > > Yes we published.
> > > No Error Messages
> > > We created a new contact from an account.
> > > Then from the new contact we created an Opportunity and yes it works.
> > >
> > > However, we have over 1200 existing Contacts in there already that will need
> > > to have new opportunities created from them them.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions on how to deal with Existing Contacts as that is where the
> > > majority of Opportunities will be generated from.  These do not seem to be
> > > firing.
> > >
> > > Thanks again SO MUCH for helping. We are still here waiting for Microsoft to
> > > call us. You have been such a great help in the interim. We called Microsoft
> > > at 10:47  AM PST this morning and they close at 5:00 PM PST - still nothing.
> > > You have at least helped us get to this point which was way farther than we
> > > got to on our own. It is very much appreciated!!!
> > >
> > > Shauna

Hi Paul,

I did not have a choice as I had an unreliable resource and found that a
number of things were not done as they were supposed to be so I had to take
the initiative and try and find some solutions last minute to get the install
working. Believe me I don't want to go through that again!!!  Thanks again
for helping me on such short notice.

Shauna

"Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:

> Shauna,
> Im glad to hear that I could be of service. I hope you have a little better
> luck next time with your installs and perhaps some more time to spend on
> requirements as to ensure things are worked out before the weekend of the
> install.
> -Paul
>
> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Went live and these changes work!  Thanks so much for all your help on such
> > short notice.  Really appreciated!
> >
> > Shauna
> >
> > "Paul Reitmeyer" wrote:
> >
> > > Shauna,
> > > You will need to update all contact records in the system if you do that.
> > > Thankfully, you're updating records that are text areas. Keep in mind, THIS
> > > ACTION IS NOT SUPPOTED BY MICROSOFT. However, it is the only way to update
> > > records in the system that werent created on the form.
> > > The following SQL script will need to be run against the MSCRM database:
> > >
> > > Update contact
> > > set cfsaccountname = AccountIdName
> > > Where new_accountname is NULL
> > >
> > > If you've never done this before, and do not know what you are doing; find
> > > someone who knows how to run a SQL script. I do not offer any guarantee on
> > > this SQL script or any information I give you, but good luck, and make sure
> > > to verify that "cfsaccoutname" is what your field is called before you run
> > > that script.
> > >
> > > If you have absolutely no other options or people that know how to do this,
> > > and require assistance, call me @ 443-600-3644 and I'll walk you through it.
> > >
> > > -Paul Reitmeyer

CRM newbie 12-16-06
Hi, it is the end of the year and my company is planning to integrate microsoft CRM early jan. we are a distribution company with 12 sales persons, 3 marketing, 2 acccountants + 5 merchandisersand we use outlook extensively. can you inform me of what's required to do this both hardware and software? as far as i know, we need 1. a server 1.8 dual xeon 2. CRM 3.0 small business is it a prerequisit to install SQL 2005, exchange server? please help If you are using Windows Small Business Server then your servers hardware should be planned well. SBS has its niche for Small Businesse...

Access security problem
I have access file not open because of security . i have the access file and the MDW file too so i want to know how to open this file and see the tables and the data The easiest way is to set up a shortcut to open the .mdb file using the .mdw file. The Target entry in the shortcut needs to be of this form: "FullPathFileNameToAccess.exe" "FullPathFileNameToYourDatabase" /WRKGRP "FullPathFileNameToYourSecurity.mdw" Here's a real example of mine: "C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice2003\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Documents and Settings...

CRM 3.0 and Web Site Alert email
I installed CRM 30 SBE on our SBS Premium box and it installed fine. It seems to be functional too, even the reports. But i have been getting an email warning: Web Site Alert from SBS 2003 stating: "http://SERVER:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Bad Request Response Time (msec): 0. (WMI Status: 0 )" It sends me the email every 3 minutes. I also tried accessing this URL and i get: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer error message stating: You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you su...

Urgent! Need Exchange 5.5 hotfix 888621
Hello! We need the STORE.EXE hotfix mentioned in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=888621 I already talked to MS-Support but unfortunatly hotfix support for Exchange 5.5 has ended 12/31/2004 which means that no hotfixes are delivered anymore. They adviced me to use their newsgroups to ask for it. So if You can provide me this file or even the store.exe (V.5.5.2658.25) and mdbmsg.dll (V.5.5.2658.25) would help me out of trouble. Bye Klaus ______________________________ Duni GmBH & Co.KG Technical Development www.duni.com Klaus, The November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Serve...

Outlook or CRM
I own a small company and need a Customer Relationship Management software system. Looking at Microsoft CRM as well as Outlook 2003 Beta software. We are a small shop - 9 employees. Seems the new Outlook and CRM are very close to each other - Outlook is low-cost, CRM is high. I'm worried Outlook will stop building CRM functionality in it and turn it over to CRM. Any advice? ...

Chart #3
I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant Hi Quiana, Having difficulting understanding your question. Maybe you could provide a little more detail. Quiana wrote: > I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info To display a cell's text on a slant: 1. Select the cell 2. Choose Format>Cells 3. Select the Alignment tab 4. In the Orientation setting, drag the red diamond, or select a number of degrees 5. Click OK Quiana wrote: > I'm...

Access Import Problem
I am trying to import an excel spreadsheet into Access 2002 w/SP3 loaded. All goes well until it actually starts the import then I get the following error: "You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property |." Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it? I saw alot of posts that talked about coding errors but this is a simple import. Thanks for your help ...

Charting 3 columns help
I am working on a staffing chart with three columns: Staffing Time Incident 6 3 1234 15 9 1234 I would like a graph to show the "Time" on the left the "Incident" on the bottom and Staffing in the chart I have racked my brain and have not figured out how, to make the chart work that is :o) Do I need to re-arrange the columns? a different way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve In your brief sample, Incident has no variation. How do you want staffing to appear in the cha...

Problem with msFlexGrid
I'm using an msFlexGrid in my VB6 program. Have it set up with 4 columns. The Format property is set to "<|<|<|<". I'm displaying records from an Access database: looping down thru the db, adding rows to the grid. Everything works fine with one exception: If the string being displayed in the 4th column begins with a number, the string is right-justified - in spite of the format specification. (If it begins with a letter then it's left-justified as it's supposed to be). Now, FWIW, I'm using this same grid in another part of the program to ...

Newly Created Function not Working #3
Thank you Frank, I used your suggestion but I still was unable to ge this to work. This is actually the method I had already used. Would i be easier to just save this as an addin and have him install the addi on his machine? Do you think it may work if we do this? Again thank yo for oyur help -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26961 I'll just chime in and give my $0.02 for what it's...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

XML to Database mapping
Hi folks! Has anyone out there come across a code generation tool that will do the following:- - read in a number of handwritten XSD files - create a set of SQL Server tables which can hold the same strctured data as the XSDs - create mapping code that will read individual XML docs compliant with the XSDs and insert the data into the database - create mapping code that will extract data from the database into compliant individual XML documents. My project will use about 200 xml schemas. Some elements will be commonly reused e.g. the Address element. Naturally, I would like these to b...

Upper case #3
How can I change a whole sheet of text into upper case ? You could run a macro like the following to do that: Sub UpperCase() For Each oCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange oCell.Formula = UCase(oCell.Formula) Next oCell End Sub NOTE: This preserves any formulae on the worksheet, whereas changing: oCell.Formula = UCase(oCell.Formula) to: oCell.Value = UCase(oCell.Value) would convert any formula to their results (in upper case) Cheers "caredesign@clara.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ca501c425e2$27cf9a50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How...

Error message with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2 Not enough storage is available
Hi everybody, I need some help. With CAPICOM 2.1.0.1, when I try to store certificates from a smart card I use Store := CoStore.Create; Cert:=CreateComObject(CLASS_Certificate) as ICertificate2; Store.Open(CAPICOM_SMART_CARD_USER_STORE, 'MY',CAPICOM_STORE_OPEN_READ_ONLY); without any problem. I have updated with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2, and the same code produces an error message:"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" when store.open. I need use this library. My os is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002. SP3. My Internet e...

I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later
I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System Pack." Where can I get this? The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > &g...

Tax on shipping #3
How can I have sales tax applied to shipping charges using the RMS shipping function? Will they apply the same as they do for items on the invoice? Thanks, Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. Toronto, Canada -- Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. Tel: 416-449-0432 x26 http://www.endurosport.com/ Dan, Not until 2.0 in Jan 07 -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with...

Outlook Ex[ress 6.0 BCC in Sent Box
I am using Win XP Outlook Express 6.0 After I send mail using the BCC Email in the sent box does not show the BCC recipients, even after I select "all headers" Hi, Hal - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.window...

error 0X80070057 #3
I cant setup this mail service program. error 0x80070057 -- Thank You It's a long shot but see if the resolution in this article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326842 "onelot" <onelot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F031D2BA-12A9-40A9-AFB8-814CF03B967F@microsoft.com... >I cant setup this mail service program. error 0x80070057 ...

networkdays #3
I want to use networkdays to put together a time line, such as using starting date then adding 6 days to get the next date and so on. Wha does the formula look like for this? I tried A1 + 6 and got a date tha included the weekend. Please help.:confused -- ANY ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ANYA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3409 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53871 Are you thinking of =workday(a1,6) Remember that the analysis toolpak addin must be loaded (tools|A...

CRM/Help Desk Software
Does Microsoft have a CRM solution comparable to Remedy Help Desk or Avaya. If someone can assist it would be greatly appreciated. CB Hi Carleton, I'm not aware of a Microsoft helpdesk but if you are simply just looking for alternatives, we are using a product called ieSupportManager. If you do a search on Google you will find the website. A free trial version is available which is fully functional. We purchased two copies. We use one for helpdesk / issue tracking and we use the other copy for bug tracking and defect tracking ( although it is primarily a helpdesk product ). There i...

Problem with voting buttons
I am learning Outlook 2003 on my home computer, and I have Outlook set up to use my two email accounts. If I'm writing a message and I click the Accounts toolbar button to change from my default email account to the other account, the two spaces that normally appear above the automatic signature dissapear, so the cursor ends up on the same line as my signature. Is there a way to keep this from happening when selecting the non-default email account to send an email? Set up a signature for that account that does what you want it to?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of C...

2010 -Pokemon Special Adventures Latest 32.0.exe (7/7)
=ybegin part=7 line=128 size=1593908 name=2010 -Pokemon Special Adventures Latest 32.0.exe =ypart begin=1497601 end=1593908 �C[=@a=}�/��`�5Ҵ�b��,�'���r�?������/��3NV���q���w�3x��`A���7,$D2=J_SOfu�4p�"��Z&N�褜#-n���̷�@��r�/��5�QҬу��� I͠)?{7@�%��[�ym�z��^�~�:���ڑYdkŝ��� Dx���@3��8�p+�"y��$E�ޓeْ2�b<=}STTY]�=@T9W�6����P�%��C��^o�x+1��c�5[O|N�I�KD xb��1Œ�bz$Ӭk�#⺶H���C:��h��,E�?�\?���~��0볈�j�+���T���ay�$���Y%��-��5���<=}�i+�?O�7�#�m�%V�d��9Bc>Qv_;=}�V��w� ��&�S�F6����3���/;^�n�x��=J���>�$��H���WK�\�-�v�+:dyw�=J��A���n���J...

Group and Ungroup problem
Hi, I use a reporting tool which takes data from our financial system and creates lovely Excel workbooks. I'm currently witting a report to budget some revenue over the next 12 months with the ability to drill-down from the Cost Centre down to the clients level. To do this I have used the grouping feature of Excel which works nicely however when I group and then ungroup a section any hidden rows that where hidden in the original list are revealed. An example, if my spreadsheet is setup like this R1 Cost Centre Name and Total Line R2 Client 1 Name and Totals R3 Client 1 codes (HID...

Having problems with window sizing on a protected workbook
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have some questions. I created a workbook for my shop that basically has simple macr functions that take you from sheet to sheet. The problem I'm having is when I protect the workbook, then re-open th workbook the window that displays the info is too small and is coverin some comments and a little text. How do I resize this window to suit my needs? Thanks Jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what window do you mean? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > I'm new to the forum and have some qu...

Import New Reports in to CRM 3.0
I have created several reports in Visual Studio. Is there a way to 'import' them into CRM so that all users can use them? Also is there a way to have these reports run on a schedule? thanks! Christian ...