CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors

Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on
the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL
http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal
Server Error.

The second error I get is :
Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server
http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type
of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

Chris Holub
MCP CCNA
0
Chris6982 (632)
2/6/2008 6:27:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing,
can you send me detail or see log file.

2. You have to use the Report configuration wizard for accessing Reports.

--
Regards,
Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Chris" wrote:

> Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on
> the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL
> http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal
> Server Error.
>
> The second error I get is :
> Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server
> http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type
> of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
>
> Chris Holub
> MCP CCNA
0
mscrmexpert (134)
2/6/2008 6:44:00 PM
I have a hunch the server name is invalid - I believe you must not use a
hypen in the dns name

> Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on
> the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL
> http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal
> Server Error.
>
> The second error I get is :
> Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server
> http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content
> type
> of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
>
> Chris Holub
> MCP CCNA

0
discussions (171)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Goal Seek #2

learning Excel #3

Error 550 Relaying denied

Document Viewer installer error

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Emails #3

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Please help #8

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...