Crm 3.0 importing from crm 1.2

I had to reload my SBS2003 Prem. server after hhd crash and loaded aswell sql
2005 rather than sql2000.

Got crm 3.0 loaded as a fresh copy on the sql2005 std, Now I need to import
the backup data bases data into the crm 3.0 from crm 1.2 backup. I have
managed to restore the old crm 1.2 database onto the same server under a
diffrent database name and also the metabase.

How can I now import the data from the restored database into the crm 3.0 ,
is there any way to keep all the case and the customization form the crm 1.2 ?

Thank you for your reply, i know there must be a way buy just not seem to
get it right.......
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is no supported direct approach to do this.  The only approach is to
"upgrade" the install.  You might be able to do something by manaully
running the SQL scripts that are applied by the upgrade, but this would not
be a supported approach.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

?

Thank you for your reply, i know there must be a way buy just not seem to
get it right.......

0
Matt
3/7/2006 8:13:26 AM
Hi,

regarding customizations, is it possible to "recreate" the fields and forms
by having a look into the 1.2 database objects? Regarding data migration, I
had a very good experience using Scribe Migrate with CRM 3.0 adapter on one
side (target) and the native SQL-Server adapter on the other (CRM 1.2
database).

If you have to do this only once, the adapter would cost you around 500.- if
I recall the pricing for a time limited license..this is easily worth it if
you compare this to fiddling around with the data migration framework. We
got all our 1.2 objects into 3.0 (we had some proprietary ones).

Greetings,

Achim

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> There is no supported direct approach to do this.  The only approach is to
> "upgrade" the install.  You might be able to do something by manaully
> running the SQL scripts that are applied by the upgrade, but this would
> not
> be a supported approach.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had to reload my SBS2003 Prem. server after hhd crash and loaded aswell
> sql
> 2005 rather than sql2000.
>
> Got crm 3.0 loaded as a fresh copy on the sql2005 std, Now I need to
> import
> the backup data bases data into the crm 3.0 from crm 1.2 backup. I have
> managed to restore the old crm 1.2 database onto the same server under a
> diffrent database name and also the metabase.
>
> How can I now import the data from the restored database into the crm 3.0
> ,
> is there any way to keep all the case and the customization form the crm
> 1.2
> ?
>
> Thank you for your reply, i know there must be a way buy just not seem to
> get it right.......

0
Achim
3/7/2006 12:47:52 PM
DMF doesn't even enter the picture for an upgrade, so not sure I agree with
the assessment.  I guess you "could" determine what modifications were made
by looking at the XML embedded in the DB, but if you are touting Scribe as
an alternative to the DMF, than I can't understand why you would even
consider this vs using the built-in upgrade features that come with an
"upgrade" that will take all this into consideration.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Achim Gounar" <nospamachim.gounar@orbis.de> wrote in message
Hi,

regarding customizations, is it possible to "recreate" the fields and forms
by having a look into the 1.2 database objects? Regarding data migration, I
had a very good experience using Scribe Migrate with CRM 3.0 adapter on one
side (target) and the native SQL-Server adapter on the other (CRM 1.2
database).

If you have to do this only once, the adapter would cost you around 500.- if
I recall the pricing for a time limited license..this is easily worth it if
you compare this to fiddling around with the data migration framework. We
got all our 1.2 objects into 3.0 (we had some proprietary ones).

Greetings,

Achim

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> There is no supported direct approach to do this.  The only approach is to
> "upgrade" the install.  You might be able to do something by manaully
> running the SQL scripts that are applied by the upgrade, but this would
> not
> be a supported approach.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had to reload my SBS2003 Prem. server after hhd crash and loaded aswell
> sql
> 2005 rather than sql2000.
>
> Got crm 3.0 loaded as a fresh copy on the sql2005 std, Now I need to
> import
> the backup data bases data into the crm 3.0 from crm 1.2 backup. I have
> managed to restore the old crm 1.2 database onto the same server under a
> diffrent database name and also the metabase.
>
> How can I now import the data from the restored database into the crm 3.0
> ,
> is there any way to keep all the case and the customization form the crm
> 1.2
> ?
>
> Thank you for your reply, i know there must be a way buy just not seem to
> get it right.......

0
Matt
3/8/2006 5:39:12 AM
Hi,

my english is not so good, I guess I didn't completely understand the phrase
I quoted.

My understanding of the particular situation was:

CRM 1.2 doesn't work anymore, but the databases are there
CRM 3.0 is running but "empty"

One has to "guess" the customization (XML or look into the table
structures?)
One has to cutomize 3.0 accordingly
One has to recreate the organization, users etc..
One has to move the data from 1.2 into 3.0

I understood 1.2 is "dead" and no inplace upgrade can be made
anymore..that's why I mentioned Scribe for data transport, because we have
been in  such a situation and Scribe worked very good to load everything
from the "legacy" databases into 3.0. I would judge Scribe as beeing more
accessible than DMF.

Kind regards,

Achim

>if you are touting Scribe as
> an alternative to the DMF, than I can't understand why you would even
> consider this vs using the built-in upgrade features that come with an
> "upgrade" that will take all this into consideration.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

0
Achim
3/9/2006 9:05:14 AM
We're in the same boat.  The upgrade gfailed and left us with a broken
version of 1.2.  When we tried to restore the application we got an error
that the SQL install was not valid.  Now we're dead in the water with the CRM
1.2 database back-ups on SQL 2000 and a new CRM 3.0 installation on SQL 2005.

Is there really no Microsoft supported solution to this situation?  Seems
hard to believe...

"Ulrich" wrote:

> I had to reload my SBS2003 Prem. server after hhd crash and loaded aswell sql
> 2005 rather than sql2000.
>
> Got crm 3.0 loaded as a fresh copy on the sql2005 std, Now I need to import
> the backup data bases data into the crm 3.0 from crm 1.2 backup. I have
> managed to restore the old crm 1.2 database onto the same server under a
> diffrent database name and also the metabase.
>
> How can I now import the data from the restored database into the crm 3.0 ,
> is there any way to keep all the case and the customization form the crm 1.2 ?
>
> Thank you for your reply, i know there must be a way buy just not seem to
> get it right.......
Have you checked with MBS support?  I find it hard to believe that they
would leave you high and dry.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Ulrich" wrote:

> I had to reload my SBS2003 Prem. server after hhd crash and loaded aswell
> sql
> 2005 rather than sql2000.
>
> Got crm 3.0 loaded as a fresh copy on the sql2005 std, Now I need to
> import
> the backup data bases data into the crm 3.0 from crm 1.2 backup. I have
> managed to restore the old crm 1.2 database onto the same server under a
> diffrent database name and also the metabase.
>
> How can I now import the data from the restored database into the crm 3.0
> ,
> is there any way to keep all the case and the customization form the crm
> 1.2 ?
>
> Thank you for your reply, i know there must be a way buy just not seem to
> get it right.......

0
Matt
3/17/2006 5:50:15 AM
I would recommend opening a support ticket.  I'm guessing this can be
remedied.

--

Hi,

my english is not so good, I guess I didn't completely understand the phrase
I quoted.

My understanding of the particular situation was:

CRM 1.2 doesn't work anymore, but the databases are there
CRM 3.0 is running but "empty"

One has to "guess" the customization (XML or look into the table
structures?)
One has to cutomize 3.0 accordingly
One has to recreate the organization, users etc..
One has to move the data from 1.2 into 3.0

I understood 1.2 is "dead" and no inplace upgrade can be made
anymore..that's why I mentioned Scribe for data transport, because we have
been in  such a situation and Scribe worked very good to load everything
from the "legacy" databases into 3.0. I would judge Scribe as beeing more
accessible than DMF.

Kind regards,

Achim

>if you are touting Scribe as
> an alternative to the DMF, than I can't understand why you would even
> consider this vs using the built-in upgrade features that come with an
> "upgrade" that will take all this into consideration.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

0
Matt

Complex question about importing, analyzing data
I get a cvs file emailed to me. I am trying hard to figure out how to import the data into Excel not in whole, but only selected columns. Once that is done, I would like to run a formula such as subract d from 1 row from e from another row if and only if A is the same. Could someone point me to a book or get me started and I will try to wrestle with the rest? What I would do is import the whole file into a Blank Worksheet - then delete what you don't want and then copy and past what you do want into your "Master Sheet" As for the formula something like the following should ...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

crm consultant needed asap

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

set print area #2

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

date function #3

Custom reports #3

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...