CRM 3.0 error 08-07-06

I am getting this error message
"The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding.This might happen
if it is currently unavailable,it is not a microsoft CRM server,or you
are not a valid user.For more information,contact your system
administrator"
This message appears when i try to workflow manager,workflow monitor.
This is a first installation of CRM 3.0 on windows 2003 server.i can
access the web UI but not the two above program.
I tried loggin as domain administrator and local administrator but same
result.

0
jlpk007
8/7/2006 7:08:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
616 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

Logon by Administrator, Open CRM via IE, and then go to [Settings]->[Business 
Unit Settings]->[Users], double click the current user name.

1. Make sure the "Restricted Access Mode" has not been selected.
2. Make sure this user belong to the System Administrator Role.

-- 

Jim Wang
Business Solutions Engineer
MCSE, MCDBA, Microsoft CRM Professional
United Kingdom 


"jlpk007@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am getting this error message
> "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding.This might happen
> if it is currently unavailable,it is not a microsoft CRM server,or you
> are not a valid user.For more information,contact your system
> administrator"
> This message appears when i try to workflow manager,workflow monitor.
> This is a first installation of CRM 3.0 on windows 2003 server.i can
> access the web UI but not the two above program.
> I tried loggin as domain administrator and local administrator but same
> result.
> 
> 
0
Utf
8/7/2006 10:39:02 AM
Ensure you try every combination of the CRM URL.

E.g. URL = http://crmsvr:8080
       Try = "crmsvr:8080" OR "crmsvr" OR even the full url.

I know in v1.2 it could be podantic and accept different combinations at 
each site.
But in v3 so far our experience is that it accepts the "crmsvr:8080" 
everytime. 
Would be worth a try I suppose. hth.

Regards,
Nathan.

"Jim Wang" wrote:

> Logon by Administrator, Open CRM via IE, and then go to [Settings]->[Business 
> Unit Settings]->[Users], double click the current user name.
> 
> 1. Make sure the "Restricted Access Mode" has not been selected.
> 2. Make sure this user belong to the System Administrator Role.
> 
> -- 
> 
> Jim Wang
> Business Solutions Engineer
> MCSE, MCDBA, Microsoft CRM Professional
> United Kingdom 
> 
> 
> "jlpk007@gmail.com" wrote:
> 
> > I am getting this error message
> > "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding.This might happen
> > if it is currently unavailable,it is not a microsoft CRM server,or you
> > are not a valid user.For more information,contact your system
> > administrator"
> > This message appears when i try to workflow manager,workflow monitor.
> > This is a first installation of CRM 3.0 on windows 2003 server.i can
> > access the web UI but not the two above program.
> > I tried loggin as domain administrator and local administrator but same
> > result.
> > 
> > 
0
Utf
8/7/2006 11:16:02 PM
Thanks Jim Wang,but i have ensured  "Restricted Access Mode" was not
checked and user is a administrator in domain controller

Thanks N.Warner,i just uninstall CRM (been trying for two weeks)..i
will try if the same error occurs after fresh installation

I just notice something..
currently crm was installed on a new website(IIS6) with host header
crm.company.com port 80
but once i take off the host header and put other port(except port
80).I can access workflow manager,workflow monitor.(weird)
and i have added a " A record" in the dns server "crm.company.com"
point to this crm server.it can resolve .

Just wanna check must CRM be installed on default website of IIS ????
Even the Web UI has a lot of error,i added myself as a user with every
roles inside @ some pages i get error like unexpected error pls contact
your system adminstrator.
When i added a new user in CRM what are the step i need to take note??
Thank You Very much (walking on tight deadline ,sad:(  )

Nathan Warner wrote:

> Ensure you try every combination of the CRM URL.
>
> E.g. URL = http://crmsvr:8080
>        Try = "crmsvr:8080" OR "crmsvr" OR even the full url.
>
> I know in v1.2 it could be podantic and accept different combinations at
> each site.
> But in v3 so far our experience is that it accepts the "crmsvr:8080"
> everytime.
> Would be worth a try I suppose. hth.
>
> Regards,
> Nathan.
>
> "Jim Wang" wrote:
>
> > Logon by Administrator, Open CRM via IE, and then go to [Settings]->[Business
> > Unit Settings]->[Users], double click the current user name.
> >
> > 1. Make sure the "Restricted Access Mode" has not been selected.
> > 2. Make sure this user belong to the System Administrator Role.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Jim Wang
> > Business Solutions Engineer
> > MCSE, MCDBA, Microsoft CRM Professional
> > United Kingdom
> >
> >
> > "jlpk007@gmail.com" wrote:
> >
> > > I am getting this error message
> > > "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding.This might happen
> > > if it is currently unavailable,it is not a microsoft CRM server,or you
> > > are not a valid user.For more information,contact your system
> > > administrator"
> > > This message appears when i try to workflow manager,workflow monitor.
> > > This is a first installation of CRM 3.0 on windows 2003 server.i can
> > > access the web UI but not the two above program.
> > > I tried loggin as domain administrator and local administrator but same
> > > result.
> > > 
> > >

0
jlpk007
8/8/2006 3:38:07 AM
Hi,

No you definatly do not have to use the default site in IIS.
In fact we NEVER use it.  There is too much else happening with it in most 
situations. OWA, Sharepoint and SRS etc. all use the default site (which 
needs to be on 80 for SRS).   We create a new site and install to that.  We 
also use a port other than 80, generally 8083 or somthing. 

Nothing fancy needed when adding users.  Depends how you set things up in 
relation to teams and territories and stuff like that, but generally add the 
user and then give them a role.

Weird that you are getting so many issues with the web client.  With our 
process of pre-install checks and steps we very rarely (maybe once or twice) 
see the issues you are encountering.  

We have seen that at some sites intermittent issues when accessing the CRM 
over the web client, usually it comes down to the following variables:
-when the CRM runs on the default site.
-network traffic is inconsistent due to "faulty" or "extreemly busy" network 
hardware
-broken/incorrectly installed CRM installation.

HTH.

Regards,
Nathan Warner


"jlpk007@gmail.com" wrote:

> Thanks Jim Wang,but i have ensured  "Restricted Access Mode" was not
> checked and user is a administrator in domain controller
> 
> Thanks N.Warner,i just uninstall CRM (been trying for two weeks)..i
> will try if the same error occurs after fresh installation
> 
> I just notice something..
> currently crm was installed on a new website(IIS6) with host header
> crm.company.com port 80
> but once i take off the host header and put other port(except port
> 80).I can access workflow manager,workflow monitor.(weird)
> and i have added a " A record" in the dns server "crm.company.com"
> point to this crm server.it can resolve .
> 
> Just wanna check must CRM be installed on default website of IIS ????
> Even the Web UI has a lot of error,i added myself as a user with every
> roles inside @ some pages i get error like unexpected error pls contact
> your system adminstrator.
> When i added a new user in CRM what are the step i need to take note??
> Thank You Very much (walking on tight deadline ,sad:(  )
> 
> Nathan Warner wrote:
> 
> > Ensure you try every combination of the CRM URL.
> >
> > E.g. URL = http://crmsvr:8080
> >        Try = "crmsvr:8080" OR "crmsvr" OR even the full url.
> >
> > I know in v1.2 it could be podantic and accept different combinations at
> > each site.
> > But in v3 so far our experience is that it accepts the "crmsvr:8080"
> > everytime.
> > Would be worth a try I suppose. hth.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nathan.
> >
> > "Jim Wang" wrote:
> >
> > > Logon by Administrator, Open CRM via IE, and then go to [Settings]->[Business
> > > Unit Settings]->[Users], double click the current user name.
> > >
> > > 1. Make sure the "Restricted Access Mode" has not been selected.
> > > 2. Make sure this user belong to the System Administrator Role.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Jim Wang
> > > Business Solutions Engineer
> > > MCSE, MCDBA, Microsoft CRM Professional
> > > United Kingdom
> > >
> > >
> > > "jlpk007@gmail.com" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I am getting this error message
> > > > "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding.This might happen
> > > > if it is currently unavailable,it is not a microsoft CRM server,or you
> > > > are not a valid user.For more information,contact your system
> > > > administrator"
> > > > This message appears when i try to workflow manager,workflow monitor.
> > > > This is a first installation of CRM 3.0 on windows 2003 server.i can
> > > > access the web UI but not the two above program.
> > > > I tried loggin as domain administrator and local administrator but same
> > > > result.
> > > > 
> > > >
> 
> 
0
Utf
8/8/2006 9:19:03 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

E-mail signatures in CRM 3.0
Hi I'm having problems with having my signature automatically appear when I'm sending e-mails through CRM. Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to solve this? Regards Halldor Hello Halldor, There is no possibility as far as I know to generate a Autosignature for sending e-mails thru the MS CRM Web-Client. But we are working on an Add-On which will do excatly this. Each user will have the possibility to define his own personal signature which will be added then automatically. We will release this product next week and if you are interesed please send me an email....

Default value in table 10-26-07
Hi all, I am creating an access database and have the following problem. When creating a table in design view, I would like to set the default value. The value will be a web address or part of www.nameofsite.foldername/ however when I set this as a default value and add a record to the table, I do not get the default value I specified. What am I doing wrong and is it indeed possible to do this? Thank you -- Jim Expression web help - http://www.expression-web-designer-help.com Expression web forums - http://www.expression-web-designer-help.com/forum/default.asp Solved needed to put ins...

SQL error message
Hello, I am using the following code. The code is programmed to pull a mileage expense rate from a table called "ExpenseMileageRate" (the fields are 'Rate' and 'EffectiveDate' and use it to calculate the currency amount. As the rate changes, I need the code to lookup the rate that was in effect on the date of the expense and use it on several forms. Some of the forms are historical lookups, so I don't want them all to lookup the amount currently in effect, but the rate that was in effect on the date of the expense. I am getting and error after the FROM and be...

i am getting fatal error C1033
Hi all while i was compliling my project through VC++ (6.0) It ia giving following error e:\empresent\source\winsys\ttf\fontbmp.c(0) : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'e:\empresent\source\build\x86\vc60.pdb' NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2' Stop. Although vc60.pdb is present in the following path. Please help me out what to do. Thanks in advance Meenal I can only guess, the file may be locked/corrupt or not accessible. Reboot and see if you still get the same problem. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Sometimes clearing...

General CRM Questions
Hello, I am looking at Microsoft CRM as a possible customer support solution and have some questions. Any help is appreciated.... 1) Do knowledge base articles support file attachments? 2) Can the system be configured to support multiple departments that are unrelated? In other words, can cases, customized case forms, knowledge base articles and custom knowledge base templates be associated to a specific department only? What about the subject tree, can there be multiple trees (one for each department)? Thank you, Craig Santoli Currently it is not possible to attach files to KB articl...

Return on Investment from MS CRM
Stepping aside from the techie stuff for a moment - how many people would judge their CRM implementation a success and would say their organization are getting some ROI from it? We're still in the early-ish stages of implementation. A lot of what we had working on 1.2 (Integration stuff mainly) broke with version 3.0 and is being redeveloped. Would be interesting to know how other people are getting on. Prior to MSCRM we utilized Outlook (separate from everyone), Access, Act and other applications to maintain our "relationships" with clients. No one knew what the other was do...

Adding Palettes to V8.0
Hi, What is equivalent to Setup > Company > Palettes in V8.0. I have a 3rd Party application (cnk) and I need to access it's forms and reports Thanks There are some third party developers who have added some Palette functionality back to v8.0. However, this is not what you need. You need to look at the Great Plains Integration Guide that is provided with Dexterity and add into your chunk the commands and menus required for the navigation model used in v8.0 of Great Plains onwards. The other choice is to use Shortcuts, but this would need to be set up for Multiple users and...

Paint error
I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an error and needs to close" Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" wrote: > I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an > error and needs to close" > Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? > > -- > Frank C > ...

Outlook 2002 "Today" error
I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists." any ideas? thanks harry harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not > access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists." Open your mail profile (Control Panel>Mail) and see where Outlook is expecting to find your PST. Verify that it is where it is supposed to be. -- Brian Tillman I checked that & in my case it's looki...

Excel Caused Error in VBE6.dll. Excel will Close
When trying to open Excel 2000 (Office Professional) / Windows ME the above message appeared and Excel would not open. Renaming the VBE6.DLL file and then repair and then reinstal Office did not work as the original dated VBE6.DLL file reappeared Has anyone had the sme problem? If so did you find a workable solution? ... and what was it? ...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

automation error
Hi I have set up an automation with Outlook and sending emails to our clients. I am using Redemption to avoid the security dialogs. The problem is when it sends around 373 email, an error will occur and emails stopped. I tried to open other forms but an error msg pops up citing not enough memory. (Other programs works properly). When I close Access and reopen it operates normally and when I send emails again, it will stop again at 373-5 emails. I tried sending very much smaller sized emails e.g "just hello". (50 bytes). It still creates the error after 373 emails. What could be wr...

IMF v2 and the "GUI error"
Good morning everyone! I have a rather simple question: has something - of which I am currently unaware - fixed the GUI error with respect to the IMF v2 "configuration". Here is why I am asking this question. First of all, I have seen a lot of documentation and read a lot of posts about the error in the GUI. The part where you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (or whatever) and the text reads something to the effect of "Block messages with a SCL Rating greater than or equal to:" and you supply the number. Same for the Junk E-mail folder. I always thought that if you s...

RMS - CRM
I run Dynamics CRM 4.0 and RMS 2.0 . What options do I have for Accounts integration between these three products (Crm, Accounts Application, RMS). I was hoping by now there would be a seemless link but I cannot see one and I've been waiting 4 years now ! :-) Because we are UK based Accounting 2009 looks our only option as GP seems far to complex for us. Can you help me out with these questions ? 1) Does anyone have any news on integrating pos2009 to accounting pro 2009? 2) Should I migrate to accounting pro 2009 and prey that a link is born. I'm getting fed up of double enter...

Save Dialog Box for Smartphone 5.0
Dear, I am developing an application to enable user to save file with desired file name, I can get a save dialog box in Pocket PC 5.0 using GetSaveFilaName API, but it dont work for Smartphone 5.0. Is there any way to get Save Dialog Box in Smartphone 5.0 using VC++. I would realy appriciate any help. Thanx Atif ...

Loading Error
Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...

Insert statement with errors
Hi, I am getting the error Too few parameters Expected 1 when i try to run the following SQL statement: strSQL = "INSERT INTO BudgetGST ( Idbranch, Avril )" & _ " SELECT Idbranch, (Avril*cGST)" & _ " FROM GrossMois WHERE GrossMois.IdBranch = " & num Avril is a field from GrossMois that contains a value and cGST is a constant. can anyone tell me what is wrong Thanks Alain What's this: (Avril*cGST) If it is meant to be 2 fields multiplied together, supply an alias for the result: strSQL = "INSERT INTO B...

CRM SQL Database
We are seeing a size of over 19 GB on our SQL Database for Microsoft CRM. That is on the MSCRM_log database. This surprises me because we have only been using CRM for about 6 months and also, all of our data and all of our email combined only adds up to about 12 GB of total size. Is this normal or is there something we can do to clean things up regularly? This is not a problem now, but if the DB continues to grow at this rate, then it will become a problem much sooner than we anticipated. Thank You, Chad perhaps a backup would not harm.. SQL server truncates the transaction log w...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-04-04
I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout CO interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp) But I keep getting the same error System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long I used very short names so I don't understand where this error woul come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past Regards Edwin Jongsm Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_366F0616 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Is you machine name longer t...

Error after applying SP1 on GP 9.0 with SQL 2005 P2
I have applied SP1 on GP 9.0 on the server and the GP utilities shows all companies have been updated, however when I attempt to login to a couple of companies I recieve a message "[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]procedure smcleanup filesbeforelogin has no parameters and arguments were supplied". I have compatablility set to 90 ------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. It seems the update may have failed on one or more stored procedures. You can attempt to recreate this sto...

Money 2003 AutoBudget = 0
I have been using money for 6 years and Money 2003 for almost a year. I have been doing budget differently, but just wanted to switch to the "standard" way of doing it. So, I created a new budget and selected AutoBudget. I have some income categories selected that I know have amounts in them. The AutoBudget creates those categories, but they have all zeroes in them. What gives? Perhaps they're at a frequency or amount that Money assumes that they're one-time entries. -- "Randy Given" <GivenRandy@aol.com> wrote in message news:dM87b.49284$Zw4.48583@lakere...

Outlook Express Spell Check #3
I get the error: "An error occurred while spelling was being checked. I use W2K and MSWord '97. The spell check works in Word. Thank you Hellerjonathan@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get the error: "An error occurred while spelling was > being checked. > > I use W2K and MSWord '97. The spell check works in Word. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...