CRM 3.0 Demo db ?

How can I get Demo data in my CRM env ? I used Adventure Work Cycle as my
organization name..but everything is empty.

Sam

0
Sam
11/28/2005 2:30:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Sam!

"Sam" wrote
> How can I get Demo data in my CRM env ? I used Adventure Work Cycle as my
> organization name..but everything is empty.

Read chapter 18 of the implementation guide:

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a

and have a look at the "SampleData"-folder on your server-installation
medium.

Cheers

Arne Janning

0
Arne
11/28/2005 2:51:32 PM
On the 3.0 server disk there is a folder called sample data.  Within that
folder there is the sampledatawizard.exe.  Run that file and import all the
sample data.  You must have all the users setup in AD per the sample database
instructions in the IG.

"Sam" wrote:

> How can I get Demo data in my CRM env ? I used Adventure Work Cycle as my
> organization name..but everything is empty.
>
> Sam

Missing 0's
I have a worksheet i need to save as a .csv. One of the columns in it contains zip codes, and some of the zip codes begin with zero. Evry time i use this file, the leading zero disappears. I have tried formatting as text, custom formatting, saving as a .csv, then modifying the cells in question, and saving again as a .csv. Each time, the lead zero is gone. Oddly, if i open the .csv file in notepad, the zero is there! But when I open it in excel - gone! I have even tried turning on the Precision as displayed option with no luck. Any help would help. Andy Rename the file to txt, then...

GP 10.0 home page Runtime Error
Hello: This client was getting the "The specified module could not be found error", upon logging into GP 10.0 for the first time after a new install. I remedied this home page issue, by registering the msxml2.dll file in C:\WINNT\System32. Finally, this got the home page to at least appear. But, now we get this Runtime Error that says "Class not registered". We have installed the XML Parser and the Office 2003 Web Components and have registered the msxml3.dll file. No success. Any ideas? Security is ridiculously tight a this client. Would it do any good to mes...

Will Dynamics GP 6.0 run on Windows 2003
Hi there, I know I know .. what are we thinking about. Here is the situation, we currently have GP 6.0 installed on a Windows Nt 4 Server. For obvious reasons we want to eliminate all of our very old technology, however, the business insists we keep this available for audit reasons .. just in case. Since 2002 we are using the SAP environment but that was going forward and could not go back to capture pre 2002 information. Hence, the question.. do we try to install it onto Windows 2003 or simply leave it on an NT4 environment. Seems the latter is the answer but I wanted to scout out al...

Does 12.2.3 solve the Entourage Sync issues?
Dear friends: Does 12.2.3 solve the Entourage Sync issues? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! Juan I. Cahis <jiclbchSINBASURA@attglobal.net> wrote: > Dear friends: > > Does 12.2.3 solve the Entourage Sync issues? Which one?? If you are talking about SyncServices issues, I doubt it, Corentin -- --- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS empl...

Uploading a report into CRM
Dear all, I would like to share with you on important information that you might not be aware of. It is regarding uploading a reporting services sql 2005 report into CRM 3.0 application. You can use stored procedure, functions, etc but you CANNOT use a shared datasource. CRM 3.0 does not like shared data sources. It took me days to figure it out. regards, marcello ...

Any changes in CAdapt class from ATL 6.0 to ATL 7.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C377BD.65849D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This used to compile fine in VC 6.0. Now I get this error -=20 error C2664: 'ATL::CAdapt<T>::CAdapt(const T &)' : cannot convert = parameter 1 from 'ATL::CComPtr<T>' to 'const IXPtr &' Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C377BD.65849D60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Business Portal 2.0 to 5.0/5.1 Test/Production Upgrade Scenario
I'm trying to plan an upgrade for a client from Business Portal 2.0 to Business Portal 5.0/5.1. They haven't decided if the new platform will be 32 or 64 bit yet, but the scenario should be very similar. I'm planning on running the setup on a new server for a testing period and then that server will become the new production server when we do the final cut-over. My primary question is that once I have Business Portal installed on the new server for testing, what steps must I take once I do the cut-over to production. I was planning on just getting the GP 2010 upg...

Avoiding returning a 0 when no data in cell
I have worked out the formula I need to use (with help from someone from this group). However how do I stop it returning a 0 when no data is present in the cell? My formula: =VLOOKUP($G37,Staffing!$C:$AL,36,FALSE) Many thanks Steve =if(vlookup(...)="","",vlookup(...)) You may want to suppress the #n/a error, too: =if(iserror(vlookup(...)),"",if(vlookup(...)="","",vlookup(...))) Steve wrote: > > I have worked out the formula I need to use (with help from someone > from this group). > > However how do I stop it returnin...

Migrating from pilot to new CRM
Hey there, in the middle of migrating my data from a pilot install of CRM to the production version. Had to re-install as had the MSDN version for the pilot, and am now migrating my data across. Although have GUID mapped all old - new Users, Territories, Business Units I can't see any data through the web client? Can obviously run the queries directly on the database, and ran a trace in which the same commands used when on the web client return with no records, while when running the same on Query analyser show results???/ can anyone help? Well just to add further to my own ...

organizational chart #3
I'm looking for any kind of a download for a simple organizational chart In Excel 2000 and earlier versions, choose Insert>Object, then choose MS Organization Chart from the list. In Excel 2000, there's an 'Insert Diagram or Organization Chart' button on the Drawing toolbar. melvin wrote: > I'm looking for any kind of a download for a simple organizational chart -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

CRM Outlook Client 06-22-06
Hi there, I have the outlook web client deployed in my organisation and it's working fine :) I was wondering if anyone had been able to change the custom view when tracking in CRM. At present I can only see system views and my own custom entities. For cases I only want active cases and I have no idea how to configure this... can anyone assist?? K2 ...

CRM 1.2 SDK?
Hi Group, These two sentences are from CRM 1.2 SDK Documentation: - A user can share business objects with a team or can assign business objects to a team. - The Microsoft CRM application does not support business- object assignment to teams. ....on the same page! Am I missing something? Ivan Celeketic I have not verified this but what this means that while the system allows a user to share business objects with a team the SDK does not allow you to achieve this programatically "ivan celeketic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:568501c3e4f5$53...

Synchronization of Contacts from MS CRM to Outlook
Dear all Where in the MSCRM database (which data field) is the customized field 'crmLinkState' (in Outlook) referenced to? StatusCode, StateCode? And what are the values for 'crmLinkState'? StateCode = 0 and StatusCode = 1 -> activ StateCode = 1 and StatusCode = 2 -> inactiv Kind regards & thanks Stefan Hi, This could be an Outlook-only field. Just stored in Outlook especially for Microsoft Dynamics CRM to keep track of which items are also in CRM and which don't. Best regards, Merijn "stef" wrote: > Dear all > > Where in the MSCRM d...

problem with importing customizations into 3.0
I need to import a customizations file from another system. I load up customizations file, it shows me many entities in the list, I click on the Import All Customizations button, the "Importing Customizations" dialog comes up and stays forever with the Ok button disabled (well, at least for more than 4 hours). Same happens if I select just one entity from the list and use the "Import Selected Customizations" option. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

Upgrading Visual C++ 6.0 Project to C++.Net gives ATL errors #2
I am in the middle of upgrading a C++ project to .NET. It was earlier written in C++ 6.0. My assumption was simply opening the project to be ..Net studio environment and using the mfc 7.0 librararies would do the trick. But unfortunately I am getting a bunch of ATL Linker errors when I try to compile this project in .NET. While I don't use ATL librararies , I am not really sure what could have gone wrong with the the upgrade.. Can anyone put some light on the steps involved in the upgrade ? As usual Microsoft has provided very little information on this topic. ...

Does Requery "Go back" to the remote Databse after I do an Open ? #3
I am using SQL Server 2000. If I do a cRecordSet "Open" that gets all the records of the table and later on I do a Requery, does the Requery go back to the remote Databse in SQL Server 2000 ? I don't have a way of testing this. Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Select Address for Quote in CRM 4.0
If a create a new Quote and try to select the address which is defined on the accountscreen (address1), the address does not appear. Only addresses which are defined under More Addresses are available in the list. Is that an error of the system or me? What if the first address would also be the shipping address? Is there an workaround for this problem? thank's Michel On Feb 16, 8:19=A0am, "Michel" <michel_muel...@bluewin.ch> wrote: > If a create a new Quote and try to select the address which is defined on > the accountscreen =A0(address1), the address does ...

Exchange Router Installation 3.0
Hi, I have a 1 fornt end exchange server and 3 backend exchange servers(clustered) where user mailboxes reside. The crmmail box (not CRM user mailbox) created resides on the 1st Exchange server in the cluster. 1- Where will I install my exchange router. On the 1st exchange server in the cluster or the frontend server. 2- During CRM installation, Should I specify the Frontend server name or Backend CRMMail box servername. Please Respond ASAP. Thanks Q Do you have 3 seperate Active-Passive clusters? If so, then you sould install the router on the cluster that has the sink maibox installed ...

CRM3.0: Is the CRMServer multilanguage and multi-currency capable?
Hi folks, Is it possible to setup more than on e Language on the CRMServer? and also more than one currency (e.g. ENU/DEU, ...EUR/USD) ? thank you in advance taxi Hello, The CRM server supports a single language, single currency. Best regards, Merijnv an Mourik "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > Is it possible to setup more than on e Language on the CRMServer? and also > more than one currency (e.g. ENU/DEU, ...EUR/USD) ? > > thank you in advance > taxi Multi-Language and Multi-Currency support will be in the next CRM version, but currently you're limi...

Will Store Operations 2.0 run on Windows 7
Is there an official word if RMS SO 2.0 will run on a Windows 7 system? I would like to upgrade 1 of my backoffice system to Win 7 end of the month. Thanks for your reply. Not sure about RMS, but POS 2009 runs like a top. I would wait untill you get confirmed compstibility before making the change though. -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. "Gerd" wrote: > Is there an official word if RMS SO 2.0 will run on a Windows 7 system? > > I would like to upgrade 1 of my backoffice system to Win 7 end of the month. > > Thanks for your reply. > I have been running 2.0 o...

exchange account and pop 3 account
Following problem: I have outlook 2002. I have an internal mail adres of an exchange 2003 SMB server. And a pop3 account on the internet. In outlook the pop3 account is the default account. The exchange account can not send to the internet, only internal mail. The problem is when a internal exchange user send to me a mail and i want to forward it to the internet (with the pop3 account), outlook takes the exchange account to send. And i have to manually change the from account. The pop3 account is the default account and when i choose a new mail in outlook then there is no probl...

V1.3 converting inventory Items from Non-Inventory to Standard
We have tried to change the statius of an inventory item - using manager - from Non -Inventory to Standard. we have tried this multiple times but the inventory item reverts to its previous status. Sometimes it revrerts the next time we log on. Sometimes the 5th or 6th time we log on. We have experienced this problem one other time when we changed a product name. This was happened in V1.2 and since we upgraded to V1.3. HAs anyone else expereinced a similar probelm? ...

CRM SDK Examples?
Hi Peeps, I am trying to do some custom programming for CRM, but alas i am only a classic asp programmer. Can someone help me by translating this into asp.net in VB instead of C#, i can then get on as i think i am okay with the rest only not too clever with imports etc. This is in the CRM SDK under CRMIncident.Open Method. Thanks In Advance [C#] // server should be set with the name of the platform Web server string server = "myservername"; // virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM // Virtual Directory on the platform Web server string virtualDirector...

CRM messaging service
One of our licensed crm users got a msg on his pc saying that CRM licensing does not comply with.... I was wondering does CRM have a messaging service and if so How can I view those msgs. You will probably find this error is also logged as an event on the crm web server. You may want to get the user to send you a screenshot so you be sure what the message is -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87AD7719-04A6-463B-A457-3197A67FFAE2@mi...

Visio Standard V5.0
I know this is an old version but are there any patches or changes I can do to make the program run okay in XP? ...