CRM 3.0 - Custom Activity Report Dynamic Drill-Through

Hi All,

I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My
Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and
associated phone numbers.  The report is basically done except for a
few small issues.  I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so
when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the
associated Activity record.  Unfortunately I have been unable to find
the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object
Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type:

= Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid.Value.ToString()
&"}&OTC=???????"

I attempted the following but it didn't work:

= Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid.Value.ToString()
&"}&OTC=Fields!ActivityTypeCode.Value"

Basically the code needs to be able to handle all activity types as
all activity types are in the one report organized by due date.

Thanks for any help you can provide as I am at a loss...

Curtis
0
cdness (1)
6/10/2009 2:28:41 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Suppressing categories with 0 values
Hi all I'm trying to build a dynamic chart for sales data. The output file contains two columns, A and B. Column A contains categories, i.e. Apples, Oranges, Pears, etc.,. and B contains sales data, i.e. 5, 0, 10, etc.,. respectively. The ouput data comes out monthly. Some months will contain sales from all categories, some ten, some fifty. I want the chart to only graph categories with non-zero values, i.e. if there are 100 categories and only 30 with sales numbers there is no point in showing the other 70 categories with zero values. I can format column B with zero values to show ...

Missing Customer
Has anyone ever had customer's disappear on them. We've got 22 different stores and customers are set to global. Recently a couple of stores have complained that customers are disappearing from their Store Operations systems. Any advice is appreciated, -Bill On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:09:05 -0800, "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone ever had customer's disappear on them. We've got 22 different >stores and customers are set to global. Recently a couple of stores have >complained that customers are disappearing from their St...

Snapshot of a Report
I can print a SNP File from a Report and attach to an Email, like this.. DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "LatestRecs", _ acFormatSNP, "C:\BobDev\ASNP.snp", False, "" I know a Printed Report can be better formatting than a Printed Form. However, I'd leke to have a "Print screen" of a Form, and make that a SNP file. How can I do that similar to the DoCmd.OutputTo...above? TIA - Bob "Bob Barnes" <BobBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:321B240C-9F71-4EA9-877E-771D14689109@microsoft.com... >I can print a SNP File fro...

Dynamic Range broken
I've been using a spreadsheet with a dynamic range to do a VLOOKUP for months now. Suddenly, it's broken, and I can't figure out why. The formula is =OFFSET(ActivityList!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(ActivityList!$A:$A),2) The sheet it's on is named "Activity List" on the tab and in the "Properties" list. The formula in the workbook on another worksheet is: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B1,namelist,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(B1,namelist,2,FALSE)) The dynamic range is "namelist". Any suggestions? There seems to be a mismatch between the worksheet names--one has tha...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

Cannot post batches in Dynamics
I'm trying to post batches that has a posting interrupted status in Batch recovery window in Dynamics GP, but after doing this I receive the following error: "Batch failed to complete posting. Use batch recovery to complete posting process." I've already tried to run the following queries to solve this issue: delete activity delete sy00800 delete sy00801 delete dex_lock delete dex_session I've also checked if the mkdtopst and bchsttus fields are set to 0 for batches in sy00500 table. But non of these helped. Every time I try to post a batch i receive the error: ...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

Active sync problem in wince5.0 when de-activate "Enable KITL" in release mode
Hi, My Usb fucntion driver with active sync support in wince 5.0 is working fine with de-activate "Enable KITL" support in debug mode. By de-activate "Enable KITL" in RELEASE mode, active sync is not working. Any idea ? Regards - D. Does it work if you Enable KITL in a release build? Do you have ActiveSync included in your release build? What are you using as your default USBF client? Check your COM ports, the COMx x number may have changed. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/brucee...

Dynamics GP
Today my users mentioned that they do not like version 9.0 of GP that we recently installed. They are finding a lot of little changes to windows and utilities that seem to make it not as user-friendly as the old 7.5 version we converted from. SO, I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems and/or know if version 10.0 is less quirky. -- DJanson I think there is a difference between the meaning of quirky and the complaints of the users. Certainly, GP 9 eliminated the palettes, one of the biggest differences. I know the Sales Transaction Entry window has a different order f...

email notification #3
Can I get sound notification for incoming mail on additional mailboxes? You can setup a Rule to play a sound for a email account attached to the mailbox. To setup a rule, click on the Organize icon (with Yellow fragmenting square blocks) on the toolbar , and click Rule Wizard on the top right hand (for Outlook XP). Once you are in Rule Wizard, you could setup a rule for a specific email account that is associated with a mailbox, and to play a sound (you could select any WAV sound files). Srini Iyer "Neal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1043701c...

Changing Functional Currency #3
Hi There is a live company ABC. We created the new company XYZ then I restore the live company database ABC to the newly created company XYZ by following the KB article 871973. Then we delete the all the transaction in XYZ company because we need the same company setup and masters with that we added required additional master data. The problem we are facing is we need to change the functional currency in XYZ company. How can we do this? Any one can help us Regards Nizham I don't believe you can change the functional in XYZ since there were transactions. Howabout creating a 123 com...

Moving mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C61DC8.6FAD4950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question: When moving mailboxes using AD Users and Computers from = Exchange server A to Exchange Server B, what will be the effect on users = that currently have their mailbox open in Microsoft Outlook? Some of the = users have Outlook 2003 and some of them have Outlook 2002. Is it best = to do the move when noone is on? but the thing is in this organization, = we have so laptop users that may not be on...

Removing Campaign Templates and Template Activities from default v
I am trying to figure out how to prevent template activities and campaign templates from showing up in default views in the "Activities" section of CRM as well as the "Advanced Find" and "Regarding" views. ...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

"Error on page" and error report on entity close
Greetings, We have CRM 4.0 rollup 6 implemented from a CRM 3.0 upgrade about a month ago. Recently, my users have been reporting an error report being generated when they try to close (or save & close) any entity they have open. The entity is closed (or saved and closed), and I have asked them not to send the error report, but of course this needs to be resolved. I have noticed that once the record is open, "error on page" will appear in the bottom left of the dialog if you will receive the error report dialog, which doesn't happen every time. Also, if I do an IIS...

How get global variable into report textbox ?
I've been trying to do this for 2 hours and am completely stuck. I can display the variable with Msgbox but as soon as I try to set the text box to the variable, I get an error (can't assign to this object)? It also failed when I try to do it via the 'controlsource' Why is this simple opertion so difficult? mscertified wrote: >I've been trying to do this for 2 hours and am completely stuck. >I can display the variable with Msgbox but as soon as I try to set the text >box to the variable, I get an error (can't assign to this object)? It also >failed wh...

How to make A1 the active cell in all visible worksheets ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ......so that when i activate the sheet A1 is the cell in the upper left = corner of my screen. Thanx ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #3
I disabled this prompt always when it first started coming up and now, I need it again. Anyone know where I can reset it? You can't disable the prompt as an end user, so I'm baffled as to what you did and what you're now trying to do. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "connieh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0101c47f27$61d33420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I disabled this prompt alway...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

external data #3
I would like to be able to access external data from more than one source. Any help on how to do this would be fantastic. I would like excel to reach out to a Access database that I specify at the time it reaches out to get some external data. Usually I get external data through the "get external data", but that only connects to whatever datasource you initially choose. i'd like to be able to choose which Access database I am pulling data from at the time I bring it into Excel. hope that helps, Thanks, Lou Sanderson. "Ron Coderre" wrote: > I think we'l...

Customer Membership Expiration Date
I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get a discount in the gift shop. She would like to set the expiration date on the membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? Add-Ons available? Thanks for your time and knowledge. You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the date in that field is less than today. Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually very h...