crm 3.0 - can't see Settings area

Hi;

We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin user
that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar.  I
have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in as
myself I do not see the Settings area.  Doesn't seem to be permissions and
the sitemap.xml looks fine.

Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dave

0
Dave
1/23/2006 8:38:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Do you have the CRM for Outlook client running on your machine?  There is a
"feature" of the app that prevents the settings from displaying when the
outlook client is loaded (yes, even if you go through the web pages).

If you load the web client first, the menu options will appear.  another
option is to use a different alis when accessing the web client.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
Hi;

We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin user
that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar.  I
have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in as
myself I do not see the Settings area.  Doesn't seem to be permissions and
the sitemap.xml looks fine.

Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dave

0
Matt
1/24/2006 2:17:42 AM
wow, that's mental.

Thanks Matt, would have been a long time before I put that together, if
ever.

Do you happen to know the nature of this 'feature'? It also affects one of
our custom extensions, which happens to reside on the main nav-bar.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave Ireland
Salentica Systems Inc.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> Do you have the CRM for Outlook client running on your machine?  There is
> "feature" of the app that prevents the settings from displaying when the
> outlook client is loaded (yes, even if you go through the web pages).
>
> If you load the web client first, the menu options will appear.  another
> option is to use a different alis when accessing the web client.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin
> user
> that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar.  I
> have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in
> as
> myself I do not see the Settings area.  Doesn't seem to be permissions and
> the sitemap.xml looks fine.
>
> Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

0
Dave
1/24/2006 1:08:14 PM
From what I understand, the rationale is that since "Settings" isn't
available via the Outlook client, they wanted to avoid confusion to the user
and not display it on the web client at the same time.  Based on the number
of posts related to this, I think they erred as to which would cause the
confusion.

--

wow, that's mental.

Thanks Matt, would have been a long time before I put that together, if
ever.

Do you happen to know the nature of this 'feature'? It also affects one of
our custom extensions, which happens to reside on the main nav-bar.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave Ireland
Salentica Systems Inc.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> Do you have the CRM for Outlook client running on your machine?  There is
> "feature" of the app that prevents the settings from displaying when the
> outlook client is loaded (yes, even if you go through the web pages).
>
> If you load the web client first, the menu options will appear.  another
> option is to use a different alis when accessing the web client.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin
> user
> that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar.  I
> have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in
> as
> myself I do not see the Settings area.  Doesn't seem to be permissions and
> the sitemap.xml looks fine.
>
> Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

0
Matt
1/24/2006 3:23:45 PM
lol, ok thanks.

Dave

> From what I understand, the rationale is that since "Settings" isn't
> available via the Outlook client, they wanted to avoid confusion to the
> user
> and not display it on the web client at the same time.  Based on the
> number
> of posts related to this, I think they erred as to which would cause the
> confusion.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> wow, that's mental.
>
> Thanks Matt, would have been a long time before I put that together, if
> ever.
>
> Do you happen to know the nature of this 'feature'? It also affects one of
> our custom extensions, which happens to reside on the main nav-bar.
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Dave Ireland
> Salentica Systems Inc.
>

> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
>> Do you have the CRM for Outlook client running on your machine?  There is
>> "feature" of the app that prevents the settings from displaying when the
>> outlook client is loaded (yes, even if you go through the web pages).
>>
>> If you load the web client first, the menu options will appear.  another
>> option is to use a different alis when accessing the web client.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
>> Hi;
>>
>> We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin
>> user
>> that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar.  I
>> have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in
>> as
>> myself I do not see the Settings area.  Doesn't seem to be permissions
>> and
>> the sitemap.xml looks fine.
>>
>> Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dave

0
Dave
1/24/2006 3:27:10 PM
I am so glad I bumped into this post, I just installed the Outlook client on
my system and noticed the settings had gone away but there was no way I
would have put two and two together.  Instead I was forced to RDP into
another system and modify settings from there.

LOL

> lol, ok thanks.
>
> Dave
>

> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
>> From what I understand, the rationale is that since "Settings" isn't
>> available via the Outlook client, they wanted to avoid confusion to the
>> user
>> and not display it on the web client at the same time.  Based on the
>> number
>> of posts related to this, I think they erred as to which would cause the
>> confusion.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
>> wow, that's mental.
>>
>> Thanks Matt, would have been a long time before I put that together, if
>> ever.
>>
>> Do you happen to know the nature of this 'feature'? It also affects one
>> of
>> our custom extensions, which happens to reside on the main nav-bar.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help.
>>
>> Dave Ireland
>> Salentica Systems Inc.
>>

>> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Do you have the CRM for Outlook client running on your machine?  There
>>> is
>>> "feature" of the app that prevents the settings from displaying when the
>>> outlook client is loaded (yes, even if you go through the web pages).
>>>
>>> If you load the web client first, the menu options will appear.  another
>>> option is to use a different alis when accessing the web client.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Matt Parks
>>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>>

>>> "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi;
>>>
>>> We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin
>>> user
>>> that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar.
>>> have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in
>>> as
>>> myself I do not see the Settings area.  Doesn't seem to be permissions
>>> and
>>> the sitemap.xml looks fine.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dave

0
Mike
1/24/2006 5:54:31 PM
It does seem to be possible to have your cake and eat it if you're willing to
delete the cookie that the outlook client creates, every time it creates it.

This is nice and easy if you only open oulook once a day, simply delete the
cookie after opening outlook and then open your web interface as normal.

If you open and close outlook several times a day it becomes a pain as even
if you are already in the web client it will detect the cookie next time you
change page and suddenly things will disappear.

You can also get around it by using ISA Server to publish the CRM web client
via a different domain name. This changes the web client away from the domain
that the outlook client sets a cookie for and allows uninterrupted use.

Regards,

Paul

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> Hi;
>
> We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin user
> that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar.  I
> have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in as
> myself I do not see the Settings area.  Doesn't seem to be permissions and
> the sitemap.xml looks fine.
>
> Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Report server and crm database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C6A4FC.DEAF92C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is my scenario. I have deployed CRM professional to the test environment. It is working = ok. I need to deploy to production. The current reporting server that is = running Microsoft SQL server 2000 will be decommissioned in a few months = or so. So if I use this server I will need to change the report server = URL Also, the database server that is on production (also SQL 2000 = running on Windows 2...

Setting up a Macro
What I want to do is record a macro and then have a button on the spreadsheet to click that will run the macro. The macro itself will cause a Solver to be run so it only has to open the Solver and input 2 predetermined cells and one predetermined hard number. I can start and stop a macro recording and set a hot key to run it, but when I run the macro its stops and tries to debug itself unsuccessfully. I know there are only a few steps to pull this off, but I can't seem to get it right. Any help would be appreciated. Post the code you are trying to run and indicate which line is throw...

VC6.0 SP6 BUG ?
Hi, I Installed VC6.0 and SP6 and found this problem, it there any one can explain it? To see the problem, compile this code fregment with "release mode", switch any #if option to 0. The AfxMessageBox() show only one once! void test() { #define countof(a) (sizeof(a)/sizeof(a[0])) int map[4]; int mapcount = countof(map); #if 1 for(int j=0; j<countof(map); j++) #else for(int j=0; j<mapcount; j++) #endif { if(j< (mapcount/2) ){ int deep = (mapcount/2)-j; deep*=20; map[j] = deep; } else{ int height = j-(mapcount/2); #if 1 ...

can not see files
I am using win xp sp3. I just put a new hard drive. I re-install o/s and reinstalled docs& settings from a external hard drive. I am trying to use macrium and make a bart pe disk. All of my files are hidden. IWhen i download something to my documents if i go directly to my documents i can see them. If i go into windows explorer they are not visable. How can I make them not hidden? I went into folders and clicked show hidden folders. Thank you, Phil If I click on my docs from the start menu i can see all my downloads, when i go into explorer, on the left side (folder side) t...

Is it possible to set an alarm in EXCEL?
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to set an alarm in Excel. I' working with a lot of dates in Excel and I've got one column which i called "DATE OF NEXT ACTION" and at that date I'll need to call specific client. I know that I can filter the data on that column. But is there a way t set Excel so that something pops up on the screen? Or any other possibility that Excel checks the dates in that column an makes me aware if today's date is the same as the one in the column? If not, is there another software that can do that? Thanks so much for any help yo...

CRM 3.0 Error 01-10-06
We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 a couple weeks back. Ever since we periodically see the following error pop up while inside of the Outlook Client: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavaiable. Try again later. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Also, when attempting to complete/cancel tasks in CRM, we receive the following error: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The strange part here is, we receive this error, yet when we click Cancel on the...

APNSoft DataGrid 3.2 Released!
APNSoft is pleased to announce the release of APNSoft DataGrid 3.2! APNSoft DataGrid is an ASP.NET server control with AJAX support to display data in a tabular format with options of choice, sorting and editing entries. DataGrid component has been designed in a way to reduce development time at the utmost and require no specific knowledge from developers. --------------------------------------------- New features: --------------------------------------------- 1. Compatibility with Google Chrome. APNSoft DataGrid now supports all popular browsers including Google Chrome. ...

Exchange 2003: How to see meeting room availability within Outlook Web Access
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster sitting on Windows Server 2003. We have plenty of mailboxes for meeting rooms that are normal ADUC mail enabled users, not in public folders. Our users are complaining that they cannot see message room availability. I have tested this myself and have found that when click on new appointment followed by availability, and then choose a meeting room. A username / password box immediately pops up, and does not accept my credentials. After three attempts it says 'access denied' and so we cannot see the meeting room calendar to ascertain availability....

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

Considering Microsoft CRM 3.0
The company I work for is considering upgrading CRM and Microsoft's CRM 3.0 is one we are considering. I thought instead of sales guys telling me what I want to hear, I'd ask the people who use it every day. If anyone could offer any opinions on the following, it would be greatly appreciated. -Importing data from a previous (non-Microsoft) CRM. Currently we use Clientele by Epicor (SQL back end) -How does the application handle multiple languages? Also secondly, how does programmatic modifications get translated to the new languages? -Limits. We currently have 40,000+ contac...

ADD USB3.0 PORT(s) to a LAPTOP WITHOUT "ExpressCard"
Has anyone of your laptops craved for USB3.0, yet missing "ExpressCard" slot normally required for that adapter (at present is popping up everywhere for $29-50, my fav is "PatriotMemory" brand)? Brand new laptops sometimes come out w/o an ExpressCard slot - I can explan the reason but it's not a subject of this Article. Here's my soilution which worked. Disclaimers: 1) YOU WILL BLATANTLY VOID LAPTOP'S WARRANTY! As of me, I never cared for warranties, electronics these days is cheap, reliable and I can fix most down to SMT formfactor, more impo...

cannot install CRM Client on German Outlook
I am installing the CRM 3.0 laptop client for outlook and I am getting Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction failed. Exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFFF. It is an english version of Windows xp, but a German version of Office 2003. ...

Insufficient Permissions Promoting Email In CRM 3.0
I have one CRM user who no longer has the ability to promote an email. The user receives the following message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM". We are current in our rollups, but that does not seem to have made any difference. This user had been able to promote items up until recently and the...

how set view>zoom>75% for always
Thanks for any help. My Excel zoom is set for 100%, automatically. I would like to set it for 75% automatically, is there a way to do that? I looked in Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks very much. The Zoom factor is a setting that applies to each worksheet and window individually, and is saved with the workbook. So any existing worksheets/windows will already have their zoom and there is no overriding setting that will change it. You could change it manually or through a macro and the new zoom will always be there for that window. If you want all worksheets in ...

Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router
I Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router, this message appear after typing the CRM server name and CRM web site. "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on that server.Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again.". I think that is a security problem, my boss was hosting domains with the Exchange server, now i cannot install the Router. What to do? please help. Hi, the best way to install the Exchange Email Router is, to have domain admin rights. The Exchange server must be in the same dom...

Installation problem #3
I installed Publisher 2003 on my desktop successfully, but when I tried it on my laptop, my entire computer froze when I was requested to give the product key. I have repeated the process several times and always get stopped there. Any suggestions? Microsoft will normally provide unlimited installation support at no charge however I found the following: The following are criteria for Installation Support: 1.. Single desktop installation only. Hardware peripherals must be connected directly to the computer with a cable. Network installation and network hardware are excluded. 2.. T...

2 crm installations
Hi, Is it possible to have 2 seperate ms crm installations on the same server? (one is 1.2 and the other 3.0) Regards This will not be supported and I do not believe this will work due to the way the app is architected. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:25:44 +0200, "mv" <verhaert@gmail.com> wrote: Hi, Is it possible to have 2 seperate ms crm installations on the same server? (one is 1.2 and the other 3.0) Regards can you explain why you want to do this? -...

How to set Outlook 2000 Default font size
I have to use Microsoft word as my default Message editor in Outlook. How can I get my way to make Font :Arial Text Size 18 as my default whenever I compose and reply a mail. ...

How to find the inerest pay in 3 years
Hi all I would like to know wich formula to use to calculate the interest pai in a 3 years loan Principal : 16808.10 Interest rate :2.75% term :3 years I would like to get the "Cost to borrow" in just one step formula I can calculate the monthly payment , multiply this for 36 months an take away the principal, but I think there might be a way to do thi directly. Thanks a lot for your time and attention at this matte -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use the Analysis Toolpak Addin function CUMIPMT(). In article <3dsets.18s...

Exchange 2003 System Manager #3
I am using Exchange 2003. I have users I would like to have manage the Recipients container to manage contacts and distribution lists but nothing else. Is there a way to do this? I know I can install the System Mgr on the desktop, but it appears users must be Domain Admin members, and that's not cool. So how can I limit them to just the Recipients container? This article may help you out Daniel to get you going in the right direction: 316792 Minimum Permissions Necessary to Perform Exchange-Related Tasks http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316792 -- Randy Campbell Microsoft PSS Pleas...

Help: I need a macro to add words every 3 lines
Hello, I understand nothing to macro but I am sure that a macro can resolve my problem. I have the following columns, for example (it is for a dictionary database): House Maison [empty line] Car Voiture [empty line] Dog Chien [empty line] etc..... The first word is always in English and the second is always french. There is only 1 column but many lines. I would like to add "\en" in front of each English word, and "\fr" in front of each French word (in the same cell - I do not want to add a colum)... as a result I should get : \en House \fr Maison \en Car \fr Voitu...

Best way to set form's recordsource
Hi All, Just fishing for opinions here... Do you consider it a better practice to create a query to use as a form's recordsource, or do you build it from the form's properties dialog. Usually I create a query but I'm one of those anal people who fret over then number of objects in my DBs. Does it really matter, since setting from the form's properties creates a system table entry? Probably not a big deal, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks & Ciao Creating a query is self-documenting. Queries are compiled and used repeatedly until ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error #3
Please help me. I am trying to delete email form my outlook inbox. When I click delete, I get following message: "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart Outlook." Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks RJ ...

Hiding #DIV/0!
I have a division formula and when there is nothing in one of the cells that is in the formula I get the #DIV/0! in the cell. Is there a way to hide this unless the cells in the formula have a value? Thanks. Todd One way: Say you want to divide A1 by B1. =A1/B1 gives you the error you got if B1 is blank or zero. Change the formula to: =If(B1=0,"",A1/B1) This gets you a blank cell if B1 is blank or zero. HTH Otto "Todd" <todd@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:045e01c3813d$12b18d80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a division formula and when there is nothin...

Hello, have a question: Is the Mail-Merge functionality in CRM 4.0 better than in 3.0? The restricted field access for the Mail-Merge in CRM 3.0 is bothering me a lot and I am thinking of updating if 4.0 is better in that area. Any comments? Thank you in advance! Harald Battran Download the VPC and try it out We don't know what your expectations are but all in all - the Outlook client is much much better "Harald Battran" <harald.battran@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:e0dbe287-2e18-4c8e-8489-a2c5b96a39df@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > >...