CRM 3.0 - Attribute Date Format Change

Hi,

On the Order form we have created a new attribute called CCExpiryDate and
while creating it you only get the formatting options of Date or DateTime,
and there does not seem to be a way to change the format of a field, like in
say Access or Excel to display or even allow entry of MM/yy. It is only
dd/MM/yy.  Is there any way to change how it can be entered or even the
display?

Thanks!
Shauna
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It's not possible to change the input or display format, unless you're
willing to create a lot of JavaScript code or to use custom controls that
mimic the behavior of the CRM date control. I think it's easier to include
the day, though I agree that further formatting options are a good idea.

--
Michael
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Hi,
>
> On the Order form we have created a new attribute called CCExpiryDate and
> while creating it you only get the formatting options of Date or DateTime,
> and there does not seem to be a way to change the format of a field, like
> in
> say Access or Excel to display or even allow entry of MM/yy. It is only
> dd/MM/yy.  Is there any way to change how it can be entered or even the
> display?
>
> Thanks!
> Shauna

0
Michael
8/22/2006 7:33:23 PM
Thanks Michael. That explains what I thought was the only way possible.  An
OnSave JavaScript change. Oh well. Lets hope the next version has more
formatting controls.

Shauna

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> It's not possible to change the input or display format, unless you're
> willing to create a lot of JavaScript code or to use custom controls that
> mimic the behavior of the CRM date control. I think it's easier to include
> the day, though I agree that further formatting options are a good idea.
>
> --
> Michael
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> "Shauna Koppang" <ShaunaKoppang@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:CF402D0C-9A46-4B9A-B64A-F8AEF5BDECC4@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > On the Order form we have created a new attribute called CCExpiryDate and
> > while creating it you only get the formatting options of Date or DateTime,
> > and there does not seem to be a way to change the format of a field, like
> > in
> > say Access or Excel to display or even allow entry of MM/yy. It is only
> > dd/MM/yy.  Is there any way to change how it can be entered or even the
> > display?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Shauna

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

conditional formatting sort

Emails #3

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

learning Excel #3

Change position ID in HR

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

number format with leading 0

How do you change the APR?

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

Business Portal Development

Inactive records in the "Look up records" dialogue (CRM 4.0)
Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they can be evaluated and deleted. Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look up records" dialogue box - regardless of status. Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this dialogue box? On Dec 4, 2:29=A0am, "maria.elmv...@gmail.com" <maria.elmv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates...

New Record, last Date + 1 different records
I have a datefield in a form that I would like to have autofilled when I enter a new record. Right now I have something like this: If Me.NewRecord then Me.DateGauged = DMax("DateGauged","tblGaugesInput") + 1 End if My problem is that it just looks for the max date of the whole table. I would like to narrow it down to a specific group of records in the table and do the last date + 1 on that group: Example of my table. TankNumber DateGauged Measurement 8555 2/1/2008 8" 8555 2/2/2008 9" 8556 2/1/2008 ...

changing budget period -how?
WE have set up a budget in Money 2002. But my paycheck gets deposited a few days before the 1st of each month. Thus, when I run the buget report for that month, it shows that I have no income yet for that month but plenty of expenses already. Is there any way to ge the budget period to change from the calendar month to a period starting on the date of my paycheck deposit and running until the day before the next deposit? No. "CLP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25c1701c46118$d169fcb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > WE have set up a budget in Mo...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...