CRM 3.0 allow custom reports?

hello, my question is...

if CRM 3.0 allow create new reports, or just works with the default system.
where i go to do this?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 3.0 uses SQL Reporting Services to provide reports to the application.
If you are interested in writing custom reports I suggest you consult the
CRM 3.0 SDK for instructions on how to do so.  Also consult Microsoft for
instructions on how to develop reports for Reporting Services.

Derek

"Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello, my question is...
>
> if CRM 3.0 allow create new reports, or just works with the default
> system.
> where i go to do this?

0
Derek

Cases with no Customer
Hi The requirements for a CRM 4.0 implementation is to be able to create Cases without linking it to a Customer (Contact or Account). From the customisation section in CRM the mandatory Customer field cannot be set to optional or removed from the form. It was proposed that a dummy account is created called 'non-linked', which is used in this situation, but this will have too much of an impact on existing workflow and reports. So my questions is: Is there anyway to design the system so a Case can be created which is not linked to a Customer. And we are happy to consider unsupported so...

Could Workflow be used to create ID numbers for a custom entity?
Hello, I have created a custom entity called "Feature Requests" with a custom attribute called "ID". I am not a developer and would like to know if I could use Workflow to create unique ID numbers for the records being submitted by users. If yes, can you point me towards an example. This would be a stop gap measure until I can get a developer to do a plug in or an Onload Jscript (or I buy a book and learn Jscript....). Thanks, -- M. Milton ...

Default Customer Checkbook ID does not default in Cash Receipts En
Hi! This is a weird situation and I can't seem to replicate it on my local install. My client and I are both on GP 8.0 g 44. I am accessing their GP via Terminal Server. On my local install, the checkbook on my Customer Card (Customer Account Maintenance) defaults in to the cash receipts entry window as soon as I select the Customer ID. However on my client nothing defaults in -- I made sure that there is a checkbook identified on the Customer Accounts Maintenance window. Has anyone encountered this? Thanks in advance. -- Marisol Mortera ...

Custom report with filters
Hi, I am doing resource allocations for projects in my company. Each project is considered a task and there are resources assigned to each project. Each resource is assigned to different departments. I would like to be able to produce reports sorted by department with the resources in each department and it showing what the resources are working on. Hi, Have you looked at the Resource Usage view? -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "eedwards" ...

"Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to th.
Whenever I try to update a report linked to an OLAP cube in Excel I get the following error: "Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to the data source". I get the same error if I am creating an OLAP cube and select the option for the cube to be renewed when necessary. What does this mean? How do you fix it? I've searched all of Microsoft's help features and knowledge basis and have found nothing! I've seen some forums online, I have yet to find an answer. Browse through this google search result. May find something useful. http://snipurl....

report scheduler errors
Is there a way to trigger having the Report Schedule window appear without attempting to see some 3rd party series' we have created? We get resulting errors "Invalid value for series 11" as the window creates records in the 'ReportNames' table. We need to ignore these RPTGRIND = 11 records when the window opens. We have no source code for this dictionary. ...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

many sort criteria for one group in access report
Within one group I have, let's say, a return that starts with "A" and "B and "C". if the value starts with "A" I want to sort by field [x] if it starts with "B" sort by field [y]... etc. ...

Reports Not Accessible
Hello Everyone! We are currently having trouble accessing CRM reports. The report icon is missing from all related entities. What is wild is we can access the report server with no problems, and when I log into the CRM application server or the SQL sever and access the CRM application in IE explorer I receive the reports menu and can access all the reports just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions? r/ Anthony Akin Hi Did you find a solution to this problem, as we are experiencing the same problem of the report icon disappearing... it came back... now it has gone again. Thanks "awaki...

GP 9.0 - Analytical Accounting Options - Post through to GL
Hello, One of the options in the Analytical Accounting Options window (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Analytical Accounting >> Options) is 'Post through to GL for Trx posting'. I'm not clear of the purpose of this option. 1. Does this override the checkbox 'Post to GL' in the Posting setup? 2. To what transactions this option apply? Thanks in advance...Murali ...

sql service pack 3
Below is a statement from Microsoft. So i should upgrade to SP3 for the dpm 2007 using Express Edition ? ============================================== We would like to remind all customers that Service Pack Support for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) ended on January 12, 2010 and support for SQL Server 2008 RTM will end on April 13, 2010. Microsoft is ending support for these products as part of our Service Pack support policy, found in http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle. Both SQL Server 2005 SP2 and SQL Server 2008 RTM will no longer receive a...

Vital Reports
We have been using RMS (HQ & Store Ops) for two years and although it is great at alot of things is lacks in many areas that a retailer needs to report on. We are trying to find out a way to report on "None Moving" stock, there is no standard report for this in either parts of the system & I wonder if anyone else has this problem & how they have resolved it? Is there anyone that knows of a source for reports in RMS (if tah makes sense) Try our Markdowns Control Report included with RMS Toolkit trial. All 100+ reports and templates are free to keep whether you decid...

vba macro #3
Hi I am new to VBA can anyone tell me what the following code mean. Thanks Columns("A:A").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Edit" Columns("B:D").Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft Selection.ColumnWidth = 34.29 Selection.ColumnWidth = 27.29 Columns("C:C").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 2 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 3 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 4 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 5 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 4 Columns("...

OWA Stopped Working #3
OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the "Loading" screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?! Thanks! Check ou...

CRM default website
While installing CRM server, it can create a new website for CRM OR can use default web site. My organization has a websiteas www.xyz.com. If I provide this website while installing CRM server as a CRM website, will it add the CRM web pages to my organizations web site or will it replace the existing pages with CRM web sites pages? Please help. Thanks in advnce. -Imran Never tried this. However I would imagine that it would work with the issue that existing files might be overwritten if they have the same name as MSCRM files. For instance like default.aspx.... Not too sure why you w...

Reports Library in Customer Source
This may sound dumb, but I don't like to assume anything ... All the reports on Customer Source are for "Great Plains Release 7.0". Our version is 7.5. Will these work with our version ? TIA, Ken Yes, the 7.0 reports library reports work just fine with 7.5 Leslie "ms" wrote: > This may sound dumb, but I don't like to assume anything ... > > All the reports on Customer Source are for "Great Plains Release 7.0". > > Our version is 7.5. Will these work with our version ? > > TIA, > > Ken > > > ...

3-D Chart background picture prints only partly
Hi, I have a problem in printing Chart with background picture: The Chart type is Clustered Column with a 3-D visual effect. I right-click the background and choose Format walls - Fill effects - Picture - Select Picture. I choose a .jpg picture. Format = Stretch. Apply to Sides, Front and End. The picture shows beautifully and prints fine on a black- and-white printer. But printing to a color printer (HP DeskJet or Color LaserJet) only prints 1/9:th of the picture starting from the upper left corner and stretching it to cover all the chart background. Print Preview shows the pictu...

Excel report help
I did a quick search on this topic and to be honest found that I know s little about this topic, that I was lost trying to understand what saw. So to be honest, I am looking for someone to basically hand hol me through this problem. A coworker has a report that she files once a month, this report is culmination of four Excel reports into one. The four reports we ar combining consist of a beginning of month inventory, end of mont inventory, cost of inventory, and product ordered and shipped. The problem I am running into is that none of the reports she is abl to pull from our database has a...

RM Accounts Due Report
I am trying to get a user defined field from the SOP Invoicing transactions onto the RM accounts due report. I am trying to link up to the RM Open File and am getting some errors. I am having trouble finding what table to link to and how to get this on the report. I thought I had it then when I wen to run it it said error: restriction/sort error. I didn't even do anything with that part of the report. please advise. Thank you. Link the Sales Transaction History table to the RM Open File. Then link the Sales User-Defined Work History to the Sales Transaction History table. C...

CRM3.0 and autocomplete
Hi All, I am new to the CRM world so i could use some help to fix my problem. One of our customers wants a list of suggetions when he is typing in a country code or a job title. Do you have any idea how to implement suggestions in CRM? Thanks in Advance! Regards, Dennis Hi, It looks like you want to convert those text fields to drop down lists. One option is to delete these two fields and than add new fields as picklists with desired predeifined options. Another option is discussed at following URL: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS1 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No butto...

3 copies of deposits
Hi all, does anyone know how to set the reciept to print 3 copies of deposits instead of 2?? Thanks in advance..... Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Andy, If you go into store operations Manager - databases - receipt formats, then select the receipt format you are using, then select the relevant template properties button. Once this is opened near the top of the page you will see the flag for receipt count - change this accordingley. Hope this is what you meant Marc "Andy King" wrote: > Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Hi Marc, thanks for your response...

CRM Subject manager Access
I am having an issue viewing the subject manager and I also can not view knowledge base articles and I can not assign subjects to new cases. This just started happening. It was working great for well over 6 months and I never had a problem no I can't view or edit any subjects. I checked permissions and I have full permissions to view, edit, add and delete subjects but I can't do any of them. Any help would be great. Thanks anthony ...

Default cash account in customer cash receipt trx
We're having trouble with a setup - specifically, we can't get the cash account to default into the Trx/Sales/Cash Receipts distribution. The checkbook comes in and it's setup has a cash account. The Customer Card Accounts window says get cash account from checkbook. Are we missing some dumb thing ? Thanks. I don't understand the question. Can you clarify? Are you making a distinction between the checkbook and the cash account? "JoeWest" <JoeWest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ECA101C-5ED0-45DB-B4DB-801827ADD5B8@microsoft.com... >...

Upload customer info stored in CSV format directly to RMS
We are undertaking a drop ship program. We receive order notification through a program called VendorNet. We also submit tracking info and invoices through VendorNet. We want to automatically dump customer info from VendorNet to RMS. We need to be able to upload a .csv file into RMS, and provide a map of the layout of the order of the fields that the .csv file needs to have to successfully sync with RMS. Any suggestion or a lead to a third party program is very well appreciated. Krish Krish, If you have SQL Server, DTS packages are well suited for this type of thing. - Evan Culver...

Reporting Services Error 08-30-07
Hi, I created a report that pulls info from the ContractExtensionBase table, ContractBase, and ContractDetailBase table. The report runs fine under the System Admin Account however every other user is unable to run it. The error i get is: "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query exection failed for data set 'CRM'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Select permission denied on object...." I tried playing around with the permissions on other roles but still get the same error. I have created reports before and never had this problem. Anyone ...