CRM 3.0 Add Account address to contacts

Hello,

Im new to CRM and SQL server.

We have a fairly large (too large for me to sit there and do this manually)
database.

Unfortunately most of the contacts have been added to CRM under Contacts >
new contact.

Instead of the Account being opened and then the new contacts added via the
"new contacts" button. (Which adds the account details to the contact)

This means that most of the Contacts do not have their Accounts address
details.

Is there a way (probably an SQL statement on the SQL server?) to add Account
address details to all contacts associated to the account?

All help greatly appreciated

0
Simon1639 (233)
1/13/2009 11:32:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Simon:

You could use the web services to do this, but it sounds as if you have not
dived into that yet. If you send me an email at
jstraumann@<remove>hotmail.com I might be able to help.

John.

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Im new to CRM and SQL server.
>
> We have a fairly large (too large for me to sit there and do this
> manually)
> database.
>
> Unfortunately most of the contacts have been added to CRM under Contacts >
> new contact.
>
> Instead of the Account being opened and then the new contacts added via
> the
> "new contacts" button. (Which adds the account details to the contact)
>
> This means that most of the Contacts do not have their Accounts address
> details.
>
> Is there a way (probably an SQL statement on the SQL server?) to add
> Account
> address details to all contacts associated to the account?
>
> All help greatly appreciated

If I export all contacts to excel very few contacts have their account
address details filled in. (Most are just blank, some are filled in though,
mainly the primary account contact, plus a few others which I have added via
method 2 below)

I have found what I believe to be the cause of this problem which is;
1) If you click on contacts, add a new contact, enter contact details and
assign the contact to their account the account details aren’t copied to the
contacts details.

2) If however you open the account details and then add new contact from
this page the accounts details are copied to the contacts details.

So what I need to do is copy the account address into the contacts details
for each contact that is part of that account.

ill try and illustrate this below
Currently I have

Account 1 - Account 1 address

Account 1 - Contact 1 - Account 1 address
Account 1 - Contact 2 - blank
Account 1 - Contact 3 - blank
Account 1 - Contact 4 - blank

Account 2 - Account 2 address

Account 2 - Contact 1 - Account 2 address
Account 2 - Contact 2 - blank
Account 2 - Contact 3 - blank
Account 2 - Contact 4 - blank

And what I need is

Account 1 - Account 1 address

Account 1 - Contact 1 - Account 1 address
Account 1 - Contact 2 - Account 1 address
Account 1 - Contact 3 - Account 1 address
Account 1 - Contact 4 - Account 1 address

Account 2 - Account 2 address

Account 2 - Contact 1 - Account 2 address
Account 2 - Contact 2 - Account 2 address
Account 2 - Contact 3 - Account 2 address
Account 2 - Contact 4 - Account 2 address

hope this explains it a little more

"John Straumann" wrote:

> Hi Simon:
>
> You could use the web services to do this, but it sounds as if you have not
> dived into that yet. If you send me an email at
> jstraumann@<remove>hotmail.com I might be able to help.
>
> John.
>

> "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Im new to CRM and SQL server.
> >
> > We have a fairly large (too large for me to sit there and do this
> > manually)
> > database.
> >
> > Unfortunately most of the contacts have been added to CRM under Contacts >
> > new contact.
> >
> > Instead of the Account being opened and then the new contacts added via
> > the
> > "new contacts" button. (Which adds the account details to the contact)
> >
> > This means that most of the Contacts do not have their Accounts address
> > details.
> >
> > Is there a way (probably an SQL statement on the SQL server?) to add
> > Account
> > address details to all contacts associated to the account?
> >
> > All help greatly appreciated

0
Simon1639 (233)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

how to get rid of incorrect email address in list of choices
I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown when creating a new email. "Sal Kay" <Sal Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A48BCAAE-8AAC-4958-8D1B-6473B031650C@microsoft.com... > I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown > when > creating a new email. select it using the arrow keys and delete... .....or if you happen to be using Outlook 2010, click the black "X" next to the address you want to delete on the list. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &am...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Event 9327
I have just installed two new Exchange 2003 servers in Mixed mode with two old Exchange 5.5 boxes. I'm having two problems that I think are related. I have a user who gets the following message in his Inbox: 13:34:36 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 13:34:37 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Kuyper, Steve (ESC)' 13:34:37 Done 13:34:37 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 13:34:37 0X8004010F On my server, I get the following: Event ID: 9327 Description: OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event lo...

Updating Contacts
I have several folders of contacts, and have the same hierarchy on two computers, I go back and forth between office and home. When I open "outlook84.pst", a .pst file that I brought in on my flash drive, how do I know (or confirm) that's the contact list I'm looking at in outlook, and not the one called "outlook.pst". -- Jim Lamson BMCS USCG (Ret.), Realtor� Keller Williams Realty 49 Dartmouth St Portland, ME 04101 Mobile: (207) 671-9458 Voice Mail: (207) 553-2414 Windham Fax (207) 893-0110 Portland Fax (207) 879-9801 Website: http://agent.kw.com/jlamson/ "...

Vlookup returns "0"

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Hyperlink problem #3