CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago

I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the
record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3
days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g.
createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show
the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is
there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3
days ago?

I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last
2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new
attribute to calculate the number of days that record has been
created, but it requires a batch process/workflow that needs to run
everyday. As the records grows everyday, it might not be an acceptable
solution, and it will change the modifiedon/modifiedby attributes too.

Hmm, the requirement is pretty simple, but not really sure how to
accomplish it. Anyone has idea?
0
Gunady (13)
3/7/2008 5:54:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Will u plz. be little bit clear what u exactly want?

1) want to have the records that were created from last 3 days (today,
yesterday, day before yesterday)

or

2) want to have only those records that were created on last 3rd day
(day before yesterday)

regards,
sailaja.
you could create a field on the record call CreatedDaysAgo and write a job
to update that field nightly.  Then your view could just select records
where CreatedDaysAgo = 3

Dave Ireland

"Gunady" <Gunady@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the
> record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3
> days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g.
> createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show
> the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is
> there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3
> days ago?
>
> I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last
> 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new
> attribute to calculate the number of days that record has been
> created, but it requires a batch process/workflow that needs to run
> everyday. As the records grows everyday, it might not be an acceptable
> solution, and it will change the modifiedon/modifiedby attributes too.
>
> Hmm, the requirement is pretty simple, but not really sure how to
> accomplish it. Anyone has idea?

0
direland (470)
3/7/2008 1:03:23 PM
On Mar 7, 9:03=A0pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> you could create a field on the record call CreatedDaysAgo and write a job=

> to update that field nightly. =A0Then your view could just select records
> where CreatedDaysAgo =3D 3
>
> Dave Ireland
>
> "Gunady" <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the
> > record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3
> > days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g.
> > createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show
> > the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is
> > there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3
> > days ago?
>
> > I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last
> > 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new
> > attribute to calculate the number of days that record has been
> > created, but it requires a batch process/workflow that needs to run
> > everyday. As the records grows everyday, it might not be an acceptable
> > solution, and it will change the modifiedon/modifiedby attributes too.
>
> > Hmm, the requirement is pretty simple, but not really sure how to
> > accomplish it. Anyone has idea?- Hide quoted text -

Ya, this is quite tricky, cause it will change the Modified Date and
Modified On, which users also concern of. Hmm, I think the requirement
is quite basic, but there's no basic way to do this in CRM.
0
Gunady (13)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

"View Image Slide Show"

Count If Formula #4

learning Excel #3

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

New Record

Emails #3

How to create an autonumber field?

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Cannot Delete Any Records
We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003 Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past this was possible, any thoughts? Sean; sounds like something went wrong with your migration. you can run a CRM trace or a SQL Profiler trace while performing the deletion to see if you can pin-point the error. Dave Ire...

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

number format with leading 0

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

View Null Results in Query
i have an access 2003 query SELECT [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])) AS [Date], TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/Time*]),0) AS TimePeriod, Count(*) AS Total FROM [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip] GROUP BY [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])), TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/...