CRM 3.0 06-28-06

I've just recently renamed a member server (2003).  After updating all SQL
factors with the new name, CRM refuses to acknowledge users - Authentication
errors.  I have verified the SQL 2005 took the name change, IIS has taken the
name change...what am I missing?
--
DJanel
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Cannot Customize the New CRM Demo
Hi, Why can't I find the Settings button in the new CRM VPC Demo (August 2007)?? How can we demo CRM without being able to Customize the application?? Am I missing something?? Check whether your user role has got permission to do the customizations. this comment is only valid if you have created a user role and you are using it. if you are using the default administrator user role then this comment is definitely not valid. But then again pls check whether some has revoked the permission from this role. Thanks, Charith. "MD" wrote: > Hi, > > Why can't I f...

CRM 4 behaviour HTML body in activity
Hi, In CRM 3 I could copy/paste a table directly to the body of an email activity, and it showed that table, however in CRM 4 when I paste the table only the text gets shown, the table simply disappears. Is this a bug? Or a feature? Regards, Cubalibre Hi, You need to check that your border and other styles are not being defined in a css class rather than on the table itself. When I tried it at first I thought the same as you, but using VIEW SOURCE (see my blog) I could see exactly what was happening - the table element was being pasted correctly but there was no stylesheet to referenc...

Error with the Installation of the CRM client
Hi everyone, Currently we are having some problem with installing an Outlook CRM client on a laptop running with in Vista. This is the error; Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. Is there someone encountering the same problem? Can you tell me how were you able to fix this issue? Any help wopuld be greatly apprecited. Thanks. -- mervin ...

Increase the width of the Nav Bar IN CRM to support new Area Capti
I added my own Area using the sitemap file but the name on the Button is to big for the Nav Bar to view it all without manually resizing. Can I set something to increase the width of the nav bar when CRM starts up. When I say nav bar I mean the part of the screen where it has Marketing, Sales, Workplace and settings. I create my own but the Caption is to large for the default size so I have to inlarge it. Mike ...

Service Duration 05-23-06
Hi, Why the max. days of a service duration is 3 days? why i cant define a service that could take 1 month? or why not let user decide how long it takes? on https://thesource.ofallevil.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tssysadmin.mspx «Can I customize the duration times for appointments? A. The duration attribute is not a standard drop-down list (picklist), and the values cannot be customized by editing the properties for the duration attribute. You can use client-side scripting to change the default value. Create an OnLoad event for the form for the type of activity you want...

Formula as text #3
Happy new year.. Why C2 cell as the result of VLOOKUP which contains "APPLE" can be rea by D2 as formula which cause D2 becomes "RED" unless in cell C2 type "APPLE"? Rgds Y -- Yanto hendrawa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Yanto hendrawan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2781 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49730 Use Conditional Formatting Select column A Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Add a form...

Validation Rule 06-02-07
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this validation rule: >L<CCCCCCCCCCCC which means first letter with be capital and the rest lower case, but i want to enter Blahblha-Blah (ie another uppercase letter), I can't figure out how to make my validation rule allow this. Can anyone help me? Hamzah On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:13:57 GMT, "M. Hamzah Khan" <hamzah@hamzahkhan.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I was wondering if anyone can help me with this validation rule: >>L<CCCCCCCCCCCC which means first letter with be capital and the rest &g...

Cell Format #3
I have come across a weird situation. I am running Excel 2000 and I have come across this problem on both the XP and 98SE platforms. When I open a spreadsheet report with several columns of data (sales, units, item numbers, item category, etc...) one particular dataset an item category number set comes in as General (in terms of Properties) and the number is aligned on the left side of the cell. If I write a formula (ie vlookup) that references this cell I get an N/A. If I overtype the number (a five digit number beginning with 0, but only the last 4 digits are visible in the cell) the pro...

error when trying to install CRM for Outlook
We got the server installed and can connect to it via the browser. When I try to install the Sales for Outlook on my workstation, I get an error "Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook cannot find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components at http://<<crm-server-url>>" I can hit that same url from my browser and the CRM app comes right up. Also, when trying to import contacts from Outlook it says "Microsoft Outlook cannot be started. Verify that Outlook is installed on this computer." Searched everywhere and can't find any procedure to fix this....

Sending CRM Email fails.
Hi Guys, Hope all is well in the CRM World. I have a small issue with a CRM Server not sending emails. I did see anothe post with the same problem but there was no reply. I hope someone could help me and point me in the right direction. 1. When you try to send an email inside CRM (not from Outlook) a general message appears "Failed to send email" Below is the exception caught in the trace dump file. I'm hoping all I need to do is re register a dll file, but which one (if this is the problem)\ Cheers for any help. [2006-05-26 16:58:32.1] Process: w3wp |Thread: 4576 |...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe v17.0 and missing 401(k) fund from man
We had recently upgraded from Microsoft Money 2006 to Money Plus Deluxe v17.0. All accounts/transactions seemed to have converted just fine. However, one 401(k) fund does not appear under Money Plus' 401(k) manager. The fund that does not appear under the manager is the only account that has online services previously enabled. Is there a way of adding this fund into the manager? In microsoft.public.money, jimjobmon wrote: >We had recently upgraded from Microsoft Money 2006 to Money Plus Deluxe >v17.0. All accounts/transactions seemed to have converted just fine. However, &g...

Svr Prep/CRM Install
Just a few questions regarding the preparation of the server 2003 and the deployment of MS CRM. Assuming one was to install MS CRM onto a fresh install of server 2003/Exchange/SQL SVR; How long should the whole process take(Svr Prep/CRM Install) ? How difficult are the tasks (Svr Prep/CRM Install)? How much could i expect to pay ($,Time) if i were to contract someone to do it for me? (e.g. A network engineer) While i am familiar with Svr 2003, i am by no means an expert, would you recommend hiring a professional to perform the server preparation and install crm, alternatively what ...

GP 9.0 get/change error message
I just installed SP2; using MS SQL 2005. On one client computer I get the message "A get/change first operation on table 'PA_Billing_SETP" failed accessing SQL Data when trying to print the Pre-Billing Work Sheet. The other clients work fine. Any and all help is appreciated. scuba, the first step is to see what the sql error is. If you press the "More Info" it should give you the specific SQL error returned. You can also turn on the dexsql.log and you should see the same error message. One other thing you also want to make sure is that since you are using S...

Exchange 5.5 and 2003 #3
Greetings. Our company uses Exchange 5.5 as organization and some filials have Ex2003 as main mail server. Couple of days ago users at Ex2003 stop recieving mail form 5.5 users. They're recieving NDR that user IMCEAEX_-o... is unknown. I've telneted to Ex2003 and try send mail to user@company.com it's ok. But if I try to send mail to IMCEAEX-_o=Organization_ou=COMPANY... there is no mail. I thought that it might be problem with DC connection or ADC links, but it's ok. DCDIAG pass all test, and there are no Errors in log on server with srs. Can some one help? I had the same pr...

Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!!
Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!! Hello everyone and thank you for your time, I have a simple form with a subform with a CANCEL button on it. The problem is that if I don't use the DoCmd.Requery command, the form advances to the next record even though the previous one was still empty. If I put the DoCmd.Requery on the bottom or the top of the Cancel code it dose not work, the ONLY way I have my form working properly at the moment is like so.... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me.TimerInterval = 500 DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord ...

new MS CRM VPC 4.0 Excel export issue?
Hi, anyone who encounters the same problem with Excel on the newest MS CRM 4.0 VPC? When I try to export my data to a dynamic pivot table (or sheet), the system throws an error very often: Windows cannot find c:\document and settings\Administrator\local settings\temporary internet files\content.IE5\JHHXOIW3\Active%........xls. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search fo a file click the start button, and then click search. Anyone who knows where this originates from and how it can be fixed? Thanks! Hi Vivi, I worked with this VPC and I haven't encou...

Event ID 12800 #3
Hello all, I've a issue that's is taking my sleep. Since the last full backup I'm getting the event ids in my exchange server: *********************** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: Content Engine Event ID: 12800 Date: 4/9/2006 Time: 14:10:31 User: N/A Computer: SERVER0 Description: Message processing failed because there is not enough available memory (8007000E-80000000). For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ************************ followed by this below: ************************ Event T...

MS CRM Licensing along with Server 2003
Do I need to buy Server 2003 CALs for each Licensed CRM user? If you mean to ask that do you need some kind of license for Windows Server 2003 for each CRM user than no, there is no such thing. You just need to buy one Microsoft Windows Server 2003 license and install CRM on it with as many CRM User licenses you want. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "BLSnow" wrote: > Do I need to buy Server 2003 CALs for each Licensed CRM user? If you mean to ask if you n...

Pareto chart #3
Hi... how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? On Feb 6, 12:13 am, sekre...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi... > how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? > It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? Hi, please check online charts generator on www.qtcharts.com . there is also pareto generator gl stovar To make a pareto chart, sort your data in descending order of the numerical value (counts, instances, whatever), then make a column chart. If you want the line showing cumulative amounts, in the next column use a formula to construct a running s...

bubble chart #3
I am creating a bubble chart, and I am having a hard time getting the bubles to scale properly. I'm actually plotting XY coordinates with the radius being the "uncertainy" of the position. The uncertainty is close to the same value as the XY positions (ex. X=4, Y=7, R=8). The bubbles are coming up much smaller than they should show. The "scale bubble size" option is set to 100% of default under the "format data series" dialog box. It's not the problem that I am mixing up DIA or Radius. I've found nothing in help or in FAQs. Can anyone hel...

Exchange 2000-2007 and BES 4.0
Hi all, we have a BES 4.0 server full working with an Exchange 2000 SP3 server, we are going to add a new exchange 2007 server to our Exchange organization. I'm tring to understand what kind of impact could have the installation of the new Exch 2007 in our environment but the answers found on internet are more then one: on a forum a user said that leaving exchange 2000 like it is and simply add the new Exchange Mapi client on the BES server everything will work also with the new Exch 2007 installed. On the RIM web site the answer is that only with a BES 4.1.4 everything would wor...

Outlook 2003 Rules #3
If rules were not exported, however the entire user's directory in Documents and Settings was saved, is it possible to retrieve or restore Outlook rules? Thank you in advance. Rules in Outlook 2002 and 2003 are stored in the .pst file. If the same ..pst file is being used on another computer, the rules migrate with the rest of the .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer...

Rows to Repeat at Top #3
Is there a way to concal repeating rows (when printed) on the last page of your worksheet? Maybe you could record a macro when you print the first x - 1 pages and then change the rows to repeat at top and print the last page. Ron de Bruin has sample code that you could modify at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header Karen wrote: > > Is there a way to concal repeating rows (when printed) on the last page of > your worksheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Sumproduct of 3 separate column ranges
Hi, I have the following formula counting "YES" in a column range 'Tests 1'!I3:I1000 I now want it to sumproduct the "YES" in 3 column ranges 'Tests 1'!I3:I1000, 'Tests 1'!Q3:Q1000 and 'Tests 1'!X3:X1000 =SUMPRODUCT(('Tests 1'!$D$3:$D$1000="Derbyshire")*('Tests 1'!$I$3:$I$1000="YES")*('Tests 1'!$H$3:$H$1000>=B2)*('Tests 1'!$H$3:$H$1000<=F2)) any pointers or help appreciated. -- Steve Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier way...

Forwarded emails with large attachments tracked in CRM via Outlook
I have a question about attachments in emails that are tracked in Microsoft CRM 4.0. When we use the Outlook Client for CRM and click Track in CRM or Set Regarding on the toolbar, what happens to the attachments as users forward the emails in Outlook to multiple people? Does CRM store a single reference to the attachment, or are there multiple copies made? Thanks in advance! Daniel Johnson, Jr. Cincinnati, Ohio On Jun 4, 12:49=A0am, "Daniel Johnson, Jr." <danimal0...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a question about attachments in emails that are tracked in > Microsoft CRM ...