CRM 3 - User Transfered All Cases to Own Name - Need to Revert

We had a user that left the company.  Another user transfered all of his
cases (resolved / active) to his name.  He some how reassigned all the
resolved and active cases in the DB to his own name.

Is there a transaction table for changes to cases?  Or a way that we can
roll back the transfers?

Unfortunately, we do not have a back up.
0
Kelli (10)
9/17/2008 4:49:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM does not offer a transaction logging sollution out of the box. The SQL
database does, but this has to be configured and can only rollback all
changes not specific ones.

A thing you can try is (using the SDK) retrieve the last activity for each
case and assign the case to the user who created that case.
This isn't perfect by far but without a backup there is not much more you
can do.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

"Kelli" wrote:

> We had a user that left the company.  Another user transfered all of his
> cases (resolved / active) to his name.  He some how reassigned all the
> resolved and active cases in the DB to his own name.
>
> Is there a transaction table for changes to cases?  Or a way that we can
> roll back the transfers?
>
> Unfortunately, we do not have a back up.
0
Patrick2861 (490)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Transferring control of CClientDC to CDC
Hi, I have a class MSWinDisplayManager which I want to take a CClientDC device context so that it's member functions can perform drawing routines on it. I want the class to have it's own CClientDC member which all the methods have access to draw on. My constructor looks like this: MSWinDisplayManager::MSWinDisplayManager(CClientDC& win) { private_win.attach(win); } This is called by the user like: CClientDC dlg(this); MSWinDisplayManager wdm(dlg); then I want to do things like: wdm.drawCars(); The problem I have is that private_win isn't getting control of the device ...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

automaticaly create a variable sized table from user input
Hi, How can I user data input to a cell by a user to create a table with that number of rows. eg. User enters 1024 in B2 165 in B3 12.5 in B4 A10 would contain 1, B10 would contain =B3+(A10*$B$4) A11 would contain 2, B11 would contain =B3+(A11*$B$4) etc to 1024 The user entered number in B2 could be any whole number between 1 and 1024 Thanks, Iain I could make this better but other things to do right now so try this. Uncomment the last line to remove the formula and just leave the values. Sub makeformula() Range("a10") = 1 Range("b10").Formula = "=B3+(A10*$B$4)...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Renaming Partial File Names

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...