CRM 3 SO slow after applying update rollup 2

We have been using CRM 3 for over a year.  I found it to be slow, but we
lived with it.  I applied UR 2 to our CRM server.  I open the CRM client to
our contact list (we only have 4500 contacts in total) and it takes 4 minutes
til the first 250 contacts are displayed.

UR 2 cannot be uninstalled.  WhY does this make things worse instead of
better?  We barely have any data in CRM (database is only 230mb) so why is it
soooooooo slow?!
0
Luvsql (265)
2/28/2008 2:05:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to Analyze Microsoft CRM 3.0 Performance Testing
Hi, I have done the performance testing for Microsoft CRM 3.0. I have used Visual Studio 2005 Team System development environment. 1. I created a web test with a scenario (login to CRM Server -> Go to contacts -> Create a new Contact -> Open the created contact -> create a case for the contact and Save). I recorded the webtest. Then I created the Loadtest with 50 Users for a stipulated time. When I run the Load test, I am getting the results (Requests/sec, Avg. Response time, Total Requests, failed requests, cached requests, % processor time, available MBytes etc). But from...

Automatic Overtime Calculation #3
How can you calculate overtime on a Semi monthly pay period. If the pay period is semi monthly then you take the chance of it going into two and a half weeks. Lets take for example April 1st through April 15th 2008. If you choose to use automatic overtime for 88 hours which would be the 11 business days times 8 hours and the employee works 32 hours for the 1st through the 4th. Then from the 7th to the 11th they work 41 hours and the 14th and the 15th they work 18 hours. We would only pay for the overtime worked during the second week. The 1 hour. Well then what happens when we do...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

CRM Kit Products
Can someone please direct me to more information about how CRM 3.0 handles Product Kits and screen filters. I want to create another screen display or filter that will show me the items within a bundle. Example: A customer has purchased 3 items and one of the items is a bundle that has 4 items in it. I want to be able for the sales staff to click on a tab in the customer display and see all the detail items purchased which in this case would be 6 items. Thanks ...

CRM and IIS 6
Hei, I installed CRM on the Windows Server 2003 on three box for 100 users. All users registred in the CRM Server and working on the clients. A: 1 for Active Directory Domain controler (ADSRV) B: 1 for SQL 2000 + CRM Server ver 1.2 (CRMSRV) C: 1 for Exchange Server 2003 (EXSRV) i have one problem that when i type http://crmwebsite on the CRMSRV then i get "HTTP Error 401.1, Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)". When i try it on the ADSRV then it works well. It is also working well on the client c...

CRM Internet Access #2
Just by opening up port 443 and assigning an Certificate, I can access CRM from outside our Firewall. It gives me a domain login prompt and everything seems to work ok. So, why would I want to use the IFD? Not being an .net programmer I don't understand why - is a web form better for security? If someone can give me a simple explanation I would appreciate it. (btw, I've tried to configure using the IFD and I have about as frustrated as alot of other people seem to be. I think I got arounf the 401 error by SETSPN but I still can't get the signin.aspx to appear) Thanks Glen G...

Error 0x800C0155,2
Everytime I tried to start up Maillive I get the message with fault code 0x800C0155,2 I have surched on the web but didn't get a good solution for this problem. The solutions of shutting down the virusscanner and using the administrator logging doesn't work for me. I have also updated, reinstalled Maillive but no solution. I"m stilll using Windows XP and didn't change the last days anything on my computer. This fault just suddenly occured after a correct use of the Mail program for more then a year. Is there anyone who has useful solutions for this problem???? ...

since 2008 install safari downloads append .dot .pot .xla #2

we have 2 OE email accts
My husband and I both have new Outlook Express email accts. However, it appears the same message is received in both our accts. How can I separate incoming mail to the proper accts? thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/ --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Comparing 3 Columns and Returning a Result
Hello. I have 3 columns I want to compare, A, B & C. All the values are text values. What formula would I use if I want to determine the following: If a value in column A is found in column B, then return the value in column C (which corresponds to column B) and place in column D. When I attempted to write the formula using the IF logic, it only worked when the values in columns A & B were on the same row. This, however, is not the case for all rows. There are more unique values found in B then in A. Example A B C ...

CRM Development. 02-28-05
Hello I am new to CRM. I want to write a custom web application which integrates with CRM and uses the SDK API. My CRM Server is on DOMAIN : D1 and my Workstation is on DOMAIN: D2. If i run the web app, the authorization fails. I think the authorization works on Windows Integrated authentication. Can anyone please guide me as to how to establish a proper development environment for: 1. Web Apps for CRM 2. Post-Callouts <I would appreciate if someone could gimme a very simple example so that i can kick-off development :) > I have a couple of questions too: 1. How can i add a lookup bu...

GHOST Item within RMS 1.3
Hi All, I am new to this newsgroup. Your insights will be appreciated. We currently have 3 registers and one server runing RMS 1.3. we also export the database to external machine which has a 3rd party application which is the middleware. The middleware acts as the interface to the webserver and uploads the data to the web server. When I pull the inventory from the RMS into Middleware application, i see items that are NOT even in the RMS. Within RMS, i have checked the inactive items as well and the item is just no where to be found. The item being shown is really a duplicate item with...

Installing CRM 4.0 Issue
I am getting the following message in the log file after trying to install CRM: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot drop the table '#MetadataPublishCollect', because it does not exist or you do not have permission CRM looks mostly installed but it fails to load. I am installing CRM with a service account which has SA rights on the database instance. I am using an XML based silent install. This is a two server installation, application server is Windos 2003, database server is SQL Server 2005. An ideas? ...

Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6 #2
I have having trouble importing my messages from Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6. When I try to do import I get a long message that says "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have the files open." Anybody have any ideas? ...

Begginer: How to change the middle of CString contents? #2
I'm trying to change some contents in the contents in the middle of a CString var. Let me explain. The CString var contains the following: 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,43,00,42,00,44,00,30,00,30,00,30,00,30,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,0...

Best 3 Consecutive Months
I have 10 years worth of monthly data and need to determine the best (or worst) three consecutive months for benchmarking purposes. How do I write a formula that provides me the value of the highest (or lowest) value for three consecutive months (perhaps array formula?). I want to avoid at all cost adding another column of data to the worksheet that provides a running three month average and then utilizing the MAX or MIN function to determine the value. Thanks in advance Rachel Hi, It may be possible in a single formula but nothing springs to mind so here's another ...

CRM Grids
I've written an app for CRM and everything works. However its a bit ugly and horribly slow. Its located on the Account nav bar, and that loads up all the activities associated with it (be it opportunity, contact, or quote). So its similar to the one there, I just want to show more data and sort. I have my data entering into a datatable then placed into a datagrid. Now I'm looking into how they did, and since the SDK doesn't cover this at all, I only have the "_grid" folder under wwwroot for an idea. I tried playing with with Microsoft.CRM.Web.Grid and Microsfot.CRM.Contr...

CRM and SharePoint 04-13-04
CRM and SPS2003 are installed on the same machine. CRM is using the default web site. The only way I could get the portal site to work was by creating it on port 81. So the URL is http://servername:81 I only have one IP address for my server. How can I configure in IIS so that both CRM and SharePoint sites have a "friendly" name? Thanks!! Susie You should be able to do virtual hostings and not have the need to run it on a different port number. Perhaps change CRM from the default website to some other name and then create a DNS entry. >-----Original Message-----...

remote admin #2
Hi all, We are running exchange 5.5 on a window nt4 server. Is there a way to remotely administrate the exchange server by using a program or a mmc snap in? Thanks Gav Install the 5.5 admin to the remote workstation. On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:54:00 -0000, "Gav" <spam@spam.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We are running exchange 5.5 on a window nt4 server. Is there a way to >remotely administrate the exchange server by using a program or a mmc snap >in? > >Thanks >Gav > ...

database size #2
i have a exchange server 2003 stansart ed. i get a eventid 445 on ese. the database ...\priv1.edb har reached its maximum suze of 16382 mb. but the file is not so big. the edb file is 11,7 gb and the stb file is 5 gb is it the total of this files, that cant get over 16gb. The Information store (Private or Public) is made up of the combination of the .edb and .stm files. The 16gb max is indeed reached if the combination of those 2 files reaches 16gb. Your options are: 1. Check for event ID 1221 to see how much white space exists. If it is significant, you can run eseutil /d to ru...

Excel graph 3 sets of data. 2 sets as lines 1 as column?
I have data a bit like below, I am trying to do a graph, which shows the AFR as columns for A-D, but I want 'water' and 'whole' as seperate lines to show current scores across the graph. When I do the graph, I get two columns and 1 line. Does anyone know how to get to get the two lines? A B C D AFR 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.3 Water 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Whole 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 Hi AndyN, On the chart, select the second column, right-click, select Chart Type from the context menu, select line chart. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Ed Thanks for that worked a treat, I'll remember that ...

Chart formatting #3
Is there a way to shade certain areas of a line graph? I have a simple line graph extending horizontally from point 1 to 10 on the x-axis. I would like to shade the entire background area of the graph from points 2-4 and points 6-8. Is there a way to make the graph apear that the background is grayed out between these points. Thanks Chris Chris - This has been sitting here a long time... Make a combo chart. Start by locking the Y axis scale parameters (uncheck the auto boxes). Add a series to your chart which has zero values where you want no shading and <Y axis max> where ...

Gp 7.5 to 9.0 SP 3
I am trying to upgrade a client from 7.5 to GP 9.0 SP 3. I have installed GP 9 in a new folder then installed SP 3 before launching GP. When I launch GP utilities, it shows Version 9.00.0114. It's like the SP 3 did not get applied. If I continue with the update, it gives me Invalid Column name in the dexsql.log and never completes the upgrade. I'm trying to determine if the issue is going from 7.5 to 9.0 SP 3 or if I should go from 7.5 to 9.0 SP 2 (which I've done successfully previously). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tracy C. ...

Painfully slow lag times in Newsletter Templates

Outlook not updating.
Has anyone seen this on Outlook 2003... Terminal server connection to a server, open outlook 2003 in cache mode, now minimise the session. Outlook will not receive new messages automatically, I can see stuff is coming in by monitoring the mailbox from another location. open the session wait a few seconds and mail comes in then spam filter can do it's job.. (MS spam filter) Works OK if you are on the workstation / server directly...Works OK if you are not in cache mode. I use this to filter out spam before other users see what mail is there. Never had a problem with Outlook 2002 in any ...