CRM 3 Database Development question

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I guess, the question relates very much in how I can, in CRM3 to map the
campaign response entity to the lead entity, so that I can transport custom
fields from one to the other.
Problem is, I am not sure how should I do this! I was thinking of creating a
custom field on the lead entity and add a Nto1 relationship from the primary
key in the campaign response entity to the custom field in the lead entity.
But I am not very sure it will work. Anyone has attempted something of the
sort?

Thanks again,

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sorting data #3
I have my data organized in columns based on state standards, and I want to regroup the data to get all Algebra questions together, all Geometry together, etc. Row 1: Question1 Question2 question 7 question 25 Row2: 6N1 7G8 5N15 6A9 Row 5-30 has student responses to the each question where N, G and A represent Number sense, Geometry and Algebra. I want to determine how the class did overall on each category. Thanks. -- I am pregnant with possibilities, and so are you! Jenai Your question makes perfectly good sense to you because y...

Possible to Promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts?
Is there a way to promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts? Further, if Contacts are loaded into CRM, and the CRM for Outlook Client is sync'd with Outlook, all the CRM Contacts come down to Outlook. That is great except for duplicates coming from CRM to Outlook. Any way to merge duplicate Contact records then in Outlook? Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1 wrote: > Is there a way to promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts? > > Further, if Contacts are loaded into CRM, and the CRM for Outlook > Client is sync'd with Outlook, all the CRM Contacts come down to > Outlo...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

SMTP Connector question #2
Hi Had a single E2K3 Sp2 server earlier, and have now added a FE. SMTP connector moved from BE to FE. System enabled with ActiveSync,OWA & Https/Rpc. Everything works perfect. When I looked at "Queues" on BE there is still an SMTP Connector with a strange name: "SMTP Connector -_a46bf5ed9709644683af8319dab8789b_S (SMTP Connector)" -SMTP-Default SMTP Virtual Server-Ready. What's this? Can it be removed? How? Jordan ...

SumIf Question? If question? I'm stumped..
I have three columns. "A", "B", and "C". I want to sum column "C" when "A" equals a specific value AND "B" equals a specific value. For example, sum the amuunts in column "C" when "A" equals "ball" AND "B" equals "bat". Any ideas? -Adam You can use an array formula, you need to press CTRL+Shift+Enter after typing the formula, if you've done this correctly curly brackets {} will appear around the formula in the formula bar: Use a formula something like: =SUM(IF(($A$2:$A$...

"the path is not of a legal form" during CRM install
Hi all, On a couple different servers while installing various CRM components I've run into an error that halts installation. On the "Select Installation Location" screen for the CRM outlook client and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration manager setup I get a dialogue box with a big red X that reads "The path is not of a legal form" with an OK button. Hitting OK returns to to the installation location screen, but if you hit next it just keeps popping up, leaving you with cancel as the only option. The illegal path does not seem to refer to the install path...

Question on Templates
I know I should ask this in the Templates newsgroup, but this one is monitored better ! Anyway, I have a client who create his own template that utilizes a custom color pallet. He has this saved as the default template, in other words, starting a new Excel file launches his Template. This works great, unless he tries to 'move or copy' a spreadsheet into a (new book). For some reason, this command is opening the standard Excel template instead of his own, and the colors are all messed up. He did save his template to be the 'standard' file when starting a new spreadshe...

XmlDocument #3
I am attempting to create an XmlDocument object but keep getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" exceptions when I try to add elements or attributes. I don't have an existing document to load but want to create one from scratch. How can I do this? Just a simple example. I am sure I am missing something obvious to everyone but me.. Thanks, Hello! Always remember: if you have some code that throws an exception - post it! Here's an example: // create document XmlDocument d = new XmlDocument(); // create root node XmlElement root = d.CreateEl...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

CRM 3.0 & SQL 2005 Database Mirroring
Hi Could anyone settle this. Can CRM 3.0 make use of SQL Database Mirroring as a high availability solution. I believe that this is only possible with CRM 4.0 but a colleague assures me that it will work with CRM 3.0? Thanks ...

How to set rule to Flag message for follow up within 3 BUSINESS days?
I have an outlook rule set up to: Apply this rule after I sent the message with "(" or ")" in the subject flag message for Follow up within 3 days. But, I'd like to follow up in 3 BUSINESS days. (That is, ignoring Saturdays and Sundays). If I send it on Monday, follow up on Thursday But If I send it on Friday, follow up on Wednesday. outlook doesn't support business days, only days. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http:/...

3 tier incentive matrix w/ infinite possibilities
I am trying to set up an incentive matrix for sales reps. If there were only 3 clearly defined tiers or payout %, then I could wrap this up with an IF formula. What I actually need, however, is some way of calculating infinite ranges in between my established tiers. So let's say my sales reps have a goal of selling 100 widgets per month at a cost of $1000 each. My tiers are constructed like this: % of Goal Achieved % of Revenue Share Tier 1 90.00% 0.75% Tier 2 125.00% 3.00% Tier 3 150.00% 4.50% If, for example, the ...

CRM Customization Activities
How I can customize the Activities on My Home Page. Link must be like http: //crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx? id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209} Where i can find the GUID of Activities? At present I don't believe it is possible to customise activities, I am aware that some Microsoft partners have written add ons for this purpose. Maybe this will change in the future. But i can`t add necessary column. In web dialoging there are Actual end, created by, and other but there are no field Regarding Dmitry, only fields that are common to all activity types are availab...

Ranking/Sorting more than 3 row's
I have a spreadsheet with 742 rows (of company names). I have 5 columns of criteria for the companies. Each column is a different criteria about each company, and has a numerical rank for each company. 1-~75 (some columns/criteria have no rank for a company) I want to create an overall rank of the companies based on how they perform across the 5 rows. I want the companies with the most 1's at the top and then those with 1 & 2's and then those with 2 & 2's etc. Is there a way to sort or rank this spreadsheet of companies? I would do a sum of the inverses of each of...

Outlook Automation #3
I want to create a rule or VBA code that permanently deletes all emails in all folders from a certain sender/recipient when I click a button. Rules appear to take action when a message is received and not after I read the email. Is this possible? For example if sender equals XYZ@123.com or recipient equals XYZ@123.com then permanently delete. I am running IMAP through MS Outlook 2007. Outlook doesn't support this using rules. You'd need to use VBA or use Run Rules Now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlo...

XML schema validation #3

Warning Message #3
I just recently upgraded my Outlook XP to SP3. Now no matter what I do I get this warning window which tells me " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'NO'" If I choose no I can continue with what I was doing, If I choose yes, them I am prompted to tell Outlook for how long I want to allow access for. Once I select a time I am able to continue with what I was doing See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for informatio...

CRM and Outlook E-Mail exchange
Hello, we have some problems sending mail between members of our domain. When employee A (using Outlook) wants to send a mail to employee B (who is using CRM) the mail arrives at employee B's Outlook Inbox and never appears in the CRM. I figure that exchange does handle internal mail differently, is there any way to treat internal mail the same as external mail and deliver it both to CRM and Outlook-Inbox? Btw, we don't want to use SFO. Regards Tobias Internal Mail won't be handled by the exchange connector since it could only listen on the external smtp port..... Possible so...

CRM VPC Internet Connection
All, How can you make Internet Connection in VPC to work, for example, you type www.google.com in IE? because I did that and it could not open. Thanks You need to check the Virtual PC or Sever options and change the network connection to External. If I recall correctly the VPC image is set to the static IP of 192.168.1.1 so you want to make sure this will not be duplicate IP on your network. You may also need to change the default gateway to match your network. (I have found that if you change the Static IP on the VPC you need to make changes in DNS for http://crm to work) "...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

CRM Architecture 08-13-04
Hi, Can anyone tellme where can i find goot articles about MS CRM architecture. MS CRM architecture means info about all the layers of the CRM and about XML templates, which CRM is using to display the UI. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raju The Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide gives some detail but for more indepth detail you need to be looking at the training manuals for Microsoft. You can get these manuals by attending a training course or by buying them through a partner company. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaq...

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5 #3
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration Prop...

CRM Email
Hi all, I have installed the CRM E-mail Router on our Exchange 2000 server for our CRM server ver 1.0. But when i tried to send a Mail from CRM web client it displays me error report telling that "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " When I check the Event Log of CRM Server, it shows the error as "Cannot connect to Host" with Event ID 2 see below Event Log: vent Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 1/14/2004 Time: 2:08:51 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-SRV Description: MSCRM Plat...