CRM 3 - custom report from CRM 1.2

HI all,

i was unable using CRM 1.2 report in CRM 3.

so,
where i can find the guide for using custom crystal report in CRM 3?
what software i should install.

thank you,

regards,
Ng

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

HI, all,

it is possible add the crystal report crm 1.2 to CRM 3 report page?
bec when i try using CRM3 Add new Report.
i see the following msg
Error Uploading Report
An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
administrator.

if can add, the crystal report crm 1.2 it is require re-mapping the fields?
bec i discover the table field have some change.

any help will be grately appreciated.

regards,
Ng

"Ng" wrote:

> HI all,
>
> i was unable using CRM 1.2 report in CRM 3.
>
> so,
> where i can find the guide for using custom crystal report in CRM 3?
> what software i should install.
>

> thank you,
>
> regards,
> Ng

Crystal reports are not supported in 3.0. Now that you have upgraded, you no
longer have a license to serve Crystal reports to your end users. You would
need to purchase a license of Crystal Enterprise for your CRM server, then
add your crystal reports into CRM as custom reports. If you have the Crystal
Reports development client, you can still run reports using that, but you
will likely have to change your datasource to get them to work with 3.0. (In
many cases, it might be easier to re-create them, or simply use SQL-RS as
this is the new supported reporting format)
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Ng" wrote:

> HI, all,
>
> it is possible add the crystal report crm 1.2 to CRM 3 report page?
> bec when i try using CRM3 Add new Report.
> i see the following msg
> Error Uploading Report
> An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
> adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
> administrator.
>

> if can add, the crystal report crm 1.2 it is require re-mapping the fields?
> bec i discover the table field have some change.
>

> any help will be grately appreciated.
>

> regards,
> Ng
>

> "Ng" wrote:
>
> > HI all,
> >
> > i was unable using CRM 1.2 report in CRM 3.
> >
> > so,
> > where i can find the guide for using custom crystal report in CRM 3?
> > what software i should install.
> >

> > thank you,
> >
> > regards,
> > Ng

HI Matt,

Thank you,

I can open crystal report and view the data using report designer after i
change the datasource,

1. but i still can't find a way to add the custom crystal reports into CRM3.
it is go to workplace -> reports - > new -> select file & etc >  then save
the report?

2. It is need install crystal viewer to let CRM 3 support crystal report?

"MattNC" wrote:

> Crystal reports are not supported in 3.0. Now that you have upgraded, you no
> longer have a license to serve Crystal reports to your end users. You would
> need to purchase a license of Crystal Enterprise for your CRM server, then
> add your crystal reports into CRM as custom reports. If you have the Crystal
> Reports development client, you can still run reports using that, but you
> will likely have to change your datasource to get them to work with 3.0. (In
> many cases, it might be easier to re-create them, or simply use SQL-RS as
> this is the new supported reporting format)
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Ng" wrote:
>
> > HI, all,
> >
> > it is possible add the crystal report crm 1.2 to CRM 3 report page?
> > bec when i try using CRM3 Add new Report.
> > i see the following msg
> > Error Uploading Report
> > An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
> > adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
> > administrator.
> >

> > if can add, the crystal report crm 1.2 it is require re-mapping the fields?
> > bec i discover the table field have some change.
> >

> > any help will be grately appreciated.
> >

> > regards,
> > Ng
> >

> > "Ng" wrote:
> >
> > > HI all,
> > >
> > > i was unable using CRM 1.2 report in CRM 3.
> > >
> > > so,
> > > where i can find the guide for using custom crystal report in CRM 3?
> > > what software i should install.
> > >

> > > thank you,
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Ng

You can add the file as you described, but without Crystal Enterprise server,
you have no way of serving those reports to your users. Even if they have the
report viewer installed, they won't be able to see the reports. CRM 1.2
shipped with a limited license of Crystal Enterprise that only worked with
CRM 1.2. Now that you have upgraded to 3.0, you don't have any Crystal
Enterprise server, unless you purchse it separately.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Ng" wrote:

> HI Matt,
>
> Thank you,
>
> I can open crystal report and view the data using report designer after i
> change the datasource,
>
> 1. but i still can't find a way to add the custom crystal reports into CRM3.
> it is go to workplace -> reports - > new -> select file & etc >  then save
> the report?
>
> 2. It is need install crystal viewer to let CRM 3 support crystal report?
>
> any help will be grately appreciated.
>

> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Crystal reports are not supported in 3.0. Now that you have upgraded, you no
> > longer have a license to serve Crystal reports to your end users. You would
> > need to purchase a license of Crystal Enterprise for your CRM server, then
> > add your crystal reports into CRM as custom reports. If you have the Crystal
> > Reports development client, you can still run reports using that, but you
> > will likely have to change your datasource to get them to work with 3.0. (In
> > many cases, it might be easier to re-create them, or simply use SQL-RS as
> > this is the new supported reporting format)
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Ng" wrote:
> >
> > > HI, all,
> > >
> > > it is possible add the crystal report crm 1.2 to CRM 3 report page?
> > > bec when i try using CRM3 Add new Report.
> > > i see the following msg
> > > Error Uploading Report
> > > An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
> > > adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
> > > administrator.
> > >

> > > if can add, the crystal report crm 1.2 it is require re-mapping the fields?
> > > bec i discover the table field have some change.
> > >

> > > any help will be grately appreciated.
> > >

> > > regards,
> > > Ng

HI Matt,

Thank You,
i know why i can't add new report, bec my CRM 3 have problem.
Are you know CRM 3 log file is in which folder?

Because when i add new report always get the following msg
Error Uploading Report
An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try
adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system
administrator.

i wish this problem can solve with reinstall.

"MattNC" wrote:

> You can add the file as you described, but without Crystal Enterprise server,
> you have no way of serving those reports to your users. Even if they have the
> report viewer installed, they won't be able to see the reports. CRM 1.2
> shipped with a limited license of Crystal Enterprise that only worked with
> CRM 1.2. Now that you have upgraded to 3.0, you don't have any Crystal
> Enterprise server, unless you purchse it separately.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Ng" wrote:
>
> > HI Matt,
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > I can open crystal report and view the data using report designer after i
> > change the datasource,
> >
> > 1. but i still can't find a way to add the custom crystal reports into CRM3.
> > it is go to workplace -> reports - > new -> select file & etc >  then save
> > the report?
> >
> > 2. It is need install crystal viewer to let CRM 3 support crystal report?
> >
> > any help will be grately appreciated.
> >

> > "MattNC" wrote:
> >
> > > Crystal reports are not supported in 3.0. Now that you have upgraded, you no
> > > longer have a license to serve Crystal reports to your end users. You would
> > > need to purchase a license of Crystal Enterprise for your CRM server, then
> > > add your crystal reports into CRM as custom reports. If you have the Crystal
> > > Reports development client, you can still run reports using that, but you
> > > will likely have to change your datasource to get them to work with 3.0. (In
> > > many cases, it might be easier to re-create them, or simply use SQL-RS as
> > > this is the new supported reporting format)
> > > --
> > > Matt Wittemann
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

More Columns #2

CRM address book in Outlook

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Linking files 2 ways

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Goal Seek #2

learning Excel #3

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Emails #3

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Test message 1
"Catherine Lane" <girllane2@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:49e71c3e$0$4046$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... Wrong newsgroup for test messages. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Adding PST Tax onto Invoice Report
Hi there, Can anyone show me or help me start off in modifying the sales invoice report to display both GST and PST taxes for Canadian companies. I know that the report is within report writer but am clueless on how to start this off, but more on where I need to pull the data. Thanks. Hi Ian, This is fairly easy... you'll have to work with calculated fields and use the schdeduled tax table (TX_Detail_MSTR = TX00201). Normaly, those taxes are already taken care within the default SOP Blank Form, but I suspect that you want to show the various tax labels and their respec...

Contact oddity and why are there 2 Contact Lists?
Running Win 7, and was receiving emails in WLM with my maiden name listed in the TO:. I found out that I had my maiden name listed in Contacts (I run a high school mailing list here) so I decided to check it out and changed the last name to all caps. Sure enuf the next email I rec'd showed that name. I then deleted the email address connected to my name in the contact list and everything is back to "normal" (whatever that is <G>) Why in the world are there 2 contact lists on my computer......one thru WLM and one thru Windows Contacts? I'm confused. ...