CRM 1.2 Workflow e-mail - slug question

I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a
certain status.  I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail.  I have
two questions

1. Can I display the date on for the following.  Currently the data and time
display as in the example provided:

&incident.createdon;
Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z
Desired Change = 2006-03-07

2.  I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner.  I
attempted to use the following:

&systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName;

I also tried:

&systemuser.firstname;  &systemuser.lastname;

If I use "incident.owneridname" then it displays the Last Name, First Name
of the Case owner.  I would like to display the First Name, Last Name instead.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm afraid you have limited options for the owning user.  Fullname is set
based on the system settings, so you can change this and re-update the
records so the changes take.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Donna Edwards" <DonnaEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a
certain status.  I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail.  I have
two questions

1. Can I display the date on for the following.  Currently the data and time
display as in the example provided:

&incident.createdon;
Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z
Desired Change = 2006-03-07

2.  I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner.  I
attempted to use the following:

&systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName;

I also tried:

&systemuser.firstname;  &systemuser.lastname;

If I use "incident.owneridname" then it displays the Last Name, First Name
of the Case owner.  I would like to display the First Name, Last Name
instead.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

0
Matt
3/9/2006 4:53:28 AM
Ok, thank you Matt, greatly appreciated.  Do you know if there is a way to
trim out the time associated with the date slug?

Best Regards,
Donna

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> I'm afraid you have limited options for the owning user.  Fullname is set
> based on the system settings, so you can change this and re-update the
> records so the changes take.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Donna Edwards" <DonnaEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a
> certain status.  I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail.  I have
> two questions
>
> 1. Can I display the date on for the following.  Currently the data and time
> display as in the example provided:
>
> &incident.createdon;
> Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z
> Desired Change = 2006-03-07
>
> 2.  I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner.  I
> attempted to use the following:
>
> &systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName;
>
> I also tried:
>
> &systemuser.firstname;  &systemuser.lastname;
>
> If I use "incident.owneridname" then it displays the Last Name, First Name
> of the Case owner.  I would like to display the First Name, Last Name
> instead.
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide!

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

1.2 danish -> 3.0 english
Is this possible ? Jack ...

reports question #2
Hi How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? I have a report "Detailed Sales with Tax & Tender" but the only problem is it does not show more than one tender type per transaction. So if a customer combines two tender types only one is shown. Thanks throw me a bone?...anyone cheers "christian" wrote: > Hi > > How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift > Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? &...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

New server question
I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me. users get an error that says: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required TIA these servers are in the same routing group? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:eICByC66FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I just installed a new ex...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

Sharing Outlook #2

excel file can't be opened #2

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <>
Hi all IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <> . how to solve this problem Thanks Shaikh ...

How to do 'OR' and 'ELSE' logic in Workflow
Hi I am using MS CRM 3.0. I want to set up 'OR' logic in my workflow rules, e.i. if x OR y do something. I can't see a way of doing this, does anyone know if it is possible or do you have to create two if's with the same action? Also, can you have a number of if... else if.... statements followed by a final catch all else statement? Thanks ELSE you can do by putting in an ELSE IF and leaving out any condition OR on the other hand requires some more work. No that it is documented but the if conditions would appear to be AND. The only way I have come up with to creat...

The easiest way to get free cash! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Question regarding instal
Im the It Director at a Mortgage company and we want to use CRM 3.0 I think I have a problem though based on the CRM edition I have. First of I have a Domain already running on Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. The CRM 3.0 I have is Small Business Edition. From what I have read I have to install this on Small business Server 2003. That's not a problem I have Small Business server 2003 Standard and Premium. I think my problem is this Small Business Edition wants to be a Domain Controller and Active Directory. As I said I already have this running. ..I installed Server 2003 Small Buisness Pre...

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

Cannot install RMS 2.0 Service Pack 2
I have created a VM with Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition (SP2) in order to test on it the integration between GP and RMS (HQ and Store Operations). Currently I need to update RMS to Service Pack 2 because one of the store databases which I am using for testing was backed up from a system using RMS SP2. The problem is that when I am trying to install the service pack I am getting an error saying "The update cannot be applied". Any ideas why this could be happening? Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_...

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...

Normally in Europe I cannot send e-mails now from USA
I just went for holidays to USA and brought my notebook with me - and now I receive mails in my Outlook Epxress, but cannot send e-mails in my different accounts. With gmx-account I solved the problem changing form 25 to 587, but with my other account nothing helps. The message I get is (in german, sorry) Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Betreff *****, Konto: 'Liga für Kinder- und Jugendgesundheit', Server: 'mail.kinderjugendgesundheit.at', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure (SSL): Nein, Socketfehler: 10061, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for you...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

read receipts with internet mail
I was wondering if anyone knew if you put a read receipt on an email that is going to a gmail or yahoo account...does return receipts work? Thanks ...