CRM 1.2 - Move SQL databases to new server

I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server.  We will also
be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server.
 We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the
name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM
server.  The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great
Plains clients.

What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario?  I believe that CRM
"might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to
create the new one?

I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a project so if anyone
knows of any documents out there that would benefit me, I would
appriciate it.

Thanks!

Scott

0
wisconsinsports
10/13/2005 9:32:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you have access to partnersource, there is an article on this.

"wisconsinsports@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server.  We will also
> be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server.
>  We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the
> name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM
> server.  The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great
> Plains clients.
>
> What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario?  I believe that CRM
> "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to
> create the new one?
>
> I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a project so if anyone
> knows of any documents out there that would benefit me, I would
> appriciate it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott

check out the CRM Redeployment Tools.

"wisconsinsports@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server.  We will also
> be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server.
>  We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the
> name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM
> server.  The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great
> Plains clients.
>
> What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario?  I believe that CRM
> "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to
> create the new one?
>
> I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a project so if anyone
> knows of any documents out there that would benefit me, I would
> appriciate it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott

The Redeployment Tools are not suitable for relocating databases to new SQL
server in same domain

"chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:12A9DEE5-33D9-41CE-ADCB-D8A7EAFDBC52@microsoft.com...
> check out the CRM Redeployment Tools.
>
> "wisconsinsports@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server.  We will also
>> be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server.
>>  We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the
>> name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM
>> server.  The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great
>> Plains clients.
>>
>> What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario?  I believe that CRM
>> "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to
>> create the new one?
>>
>> I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a project so if anyone
>> knows of any documents out there that would benefit me, I would
>> appriciate it.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Scott

0
Peter

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

SQL deadlock problem

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

New Disk storage

move cell contents

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

How to restore entire server?

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

transferring to new pc

Creating new attributes

matching contents #2

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...