CRM 1.2 Leads & Searching

Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the
Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's
names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not!

Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable?

Thanks
0
Adam
2/27/2006 5:08:24 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Afraid that you don't have this control in v1.2.  v3.0 does give you the
ability to pick which fields to search though.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message
Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the
Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's
names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not!

Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable?

Thanks

0
Matt
2/28/2006 4:22:54 AM
Matt,

In v3.0, how do make a field searchable?

Thanks.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Afraid that you don't have this control in v1.2.  v3.0 does give you the
> ability to pick which fields to search though.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the
> Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's
> names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not!
>
> Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable?
>
> Thanks

If you modify the Quick Search view, one of the tiems you can modify the the
search fields.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Afraid that you don't have this control in v1.2.  v3.0 does give you the
> ability to pick which fields to search though.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the
> Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's
> names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not!
>
> Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable?
>
> Thanks

0
Matt

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Meeting updates #2

printing 2 charts on single page

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

Offline folder problems #2

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Leading and trailing spaces trimmed with SQL XML
Hi, I am inserting data into a table using xml bulk insert. One of the field is of string type and contains data with leading and trailing spaces. But on insert the spaces automatically trimmed off. Can you please tell me how to avoid this trimming of spaces, as i have to insert data using xml. EXEC sp_xml_preparedocument @hDoc OUTPUT, @InsertLines INSERT INTO tblLine WITH (TABLOCKX) ([Text]) SELECT [Text] FROM OPENXML (@hDoc, '/Lines/Line', 1) WITH ([Text] nvarchar(max)) EXEC sp_xml_removedocument @hDoc Thank you Frank bad_clone (bad_clone@hotmail.com) writes: ...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

VCard issue #2

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0