CRM 1.2 Installation problem.

Hi all,

I read many topics here and met the same situations I am facing.But no
resolutions're right for me. So I post a new one with my hope anyone which
had solved the problem could help me.

I installed Microsoft CRM 1.2. After the installation, restarted, I could
see in the Event viewer :
1. Crystal APS started and stopped.

The error :
The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable
to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database
requested in login '_S_Software_Co__Ltd_CRMCRYSTAL'. Login fails.).

I thought it is related to Authentication in SQL Server.But not, you know,
it had started and the stopped an now I could start it manually.

The data source of Crystal APS is CE9 which connects to ...CRMCrystal
database ( I tried to use both Trusted connection and SQL authentication
with user 'sa' ).

2. Microsoft CRM Security couldn't start.
I have no ideas. No event log in Event Viewer.

Thanks for your reading and appreciated for any help.

0
nguyennp
12/16/2005 3:15:29 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If I understand you correctly, you are able to start the services manually
from the Windows Services manger. If this is the case, ensure that your SQL
Server instance that contains the MSCRM database is started before the MSCRM
and CR services start. If the CRM is installed on the same server as SQL
Server, use the 'Dependencies' property tab to ensure that SQL Server is
running before the MSCRM and CR services start.

KjellSJ
http://kjellsj.blogspot.com

"nguyennp" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I read many topics here and met the same situations I am facing.But no
> resolutions're right for me. So I post a new one with my hope anyone which
> had solved the problem could help me.
>
> I installed Microsoft CRM 1.2. After the installation, restarted, I could
> see in the Event viewer :
> 1. Crystal APS started and stopped.
>
> The error :
> The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable
> to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database
> requested in login '_S_Software_Co__Ltd_CRMCRYSTAL'. Login fails.).
>
> I thought it is related to Authentication in SQL Server.But not, you know,
> it had started and the stopped an now I could start it manually.
>
> The data source of Crystal APS is CE9 which connects to ...CRMCrystal
> database ( I tried to use both Trusted connection and SQL authentication
> with user 'sa' ).
>
> 2. Microsoft CRM Security couldn't start.
> I have no ideas. No event log in Event Viewer.
>
> Thanks for your reading and appreciated for any help.

Thanks for your reply.
Yet, MSSQL was already in the Dependencies tab of these services
That's the reason why Crystal APS could start and then stop ???

--
nguyenn

nguyennp

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

1.2 danish -> 3.0 english
Is this possible ? Jack ...

reports question #2
Hi How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? I have a report "Detailed Sales with Tax & Tender" but the only problem is it does not show more than one tender type per transaction. So if a customer combines two tender types only one is shown. Thanks throw me a bone?...anyone cheers "christian" wrote: > Hi > > How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift > Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? &...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Sharing Outlook #2

excel file can't be opened #2

Install of Student and Teacher Edition
I purchased this software for my Daughter who will be attending University over in England next fall. If I install it on her iBook and on her iMac and one other household Mac, will she still be able to use the software when she moves to England? The statement "Rights to install on three computers in your household." is what I have a question about. Does household mean physicall location as in my home or does the three istalls include a laptop that is nolonger in the US? Thanks, Soon to be a poorer dad :-) Pete You'd have to read the small print in the EULA, but I'm guess...

Install this internet package from MS Corporation
--rwucuosxjmw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wvfaazvnt"; type="multipart/alternative" --wvfaazvnt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dpzsgxlysayp" --dpzsgxlysayp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most...

Installer Package
Is there a way to include Service Pack 2 for Dynamic GP 10 in an installer package. You better off downloading the entire Feature Pack 1 DVD image from customer source and upgrading from there. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "GPNut" wrote: > Is there a way to include Service Pack 2 for Dynamic GP 10 in an > installer package. > That would be "no". You can set up an automatic patch application by setting ...

Error "Money is not properly installed..."
"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above after changeing the non-system drives letters on my system (after adding a new drive). The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file. After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file c:\t.mny" can not be created ...". I was using Money 2000. ...

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

The easiest way to get free cash! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

Question regarding instal
Im the It Director at a Mortgage company and we want to use CRM 3.0 I think I have a problem though based on the CRM edition I have. First of I have a Domain already running on Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. The CRM 3.0 I have is Small Business Edition. From what I have read I have to install this on Small business Server 2003. That's not a problem I have Small Business server 2003 Standard and Premium. I think my problem is this Small Business Edition wants to be a Domain Controller and Active Directory. As I said I already have this running. ..I installed Server 2003 Small Buisness Pre...

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

Hotmail Problem Please Help
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server. I also have ISA 2000 on the same box. Everything is working fine. The problem I am having is getting mail out to a hotmail address. When I send then mail, I see it sits in the Queue for less then a minute then disappears. It never makes it to the Hotmail address nor do I get any return errors back in my client indicating the mail never made it to its destination. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:51:04 -0800, "Kevin Mc" <Kevin Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 200...

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Windows 7 taskbar API problems
Folks The background is that an Access MDE/ACCDE created by a developer is not conceptually the same as an Excel spreadsheet or Word document file created by the user. My Auto FE Updater utility automatically downloads any new version created by the developer from the server to the workstation as well as doing lots of other stuff such as creating shortcuts on desk tops. If this was a user created Access database file which resides in the users My Documents folder, or similar, than they are conceptually the same as a Word or Excel file. The problem is if the user right-clicks on...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

problems loading excel documents
When I try to open up an excel document via my documents it says that the same document is open already how can this be stopped Tina First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:16:14 -0800, "Tina" <TinaSCovell...

Cannot install RMS 2.0 Service Pack 2
I have created a VM with Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition (SP2) in order to test on it the integration between GP and RMS (HQ and Store Operations). Currently I need to update RMS to Service Pack 2 because one of the store databases which I am using for testing was backed up from a system using RMS SP2. The problem is that when I am trying to install the service pack I am getting an error saying "The update cannot be applied". Any ideas why this could be happening? Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_...