CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services

Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide,
however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message
stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server.  Setup was unable to
configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET.  Cannot create a file
when that file already exists (800700B7).

Can somebody please help me with this?  I am unable to use the product
because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the
necessary steps.

Thank you in advance.

CM

0
Microsoft
6/2/2004 2:22:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a similar
problem on a server where:

It was Win2000 server, SP3
I installed the .Net Framework
I then applied SP4

Apparently the .Net Framework and the new way that ASP.NET works don't get
along if you do it in that order.  I needed to un-install the Framework, and
then re-install it.

Not sure if any of this applies to your situation.

Dave

"Microsoft" <cmnospamcm@quattrotech.ca> wrote in message
> Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation
guide,
> however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message
> stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server.  Setup was unable to
> configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET.  Cannot create a file
> when that file already exists (800700B7).
>
> Can somebody please help me with this?  I am unable to use the product
> because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the
> necessary steps.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> CM

0
Dave
6/3/2004 1:10:33 PM
Hmm, I am on a Windows 2003 Server, with the AD server being Win 2003 Small
Business Server.  Somehow I don't think that the problem you experienced
should be affecting me, however I will ppoke around to see what I can do
with the framework.

Thanks for you response ...Campbell Martin

Anyone else have any ideas???

"Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a similar
> problem on a server where:
>
> It was Win2000 server, SP3
> I installed the .Net Framework
> I then applied SP4
>
> Apparently the .Net Framework and the new way that ASP.NET works don't get
> along if you do it in that order.  I needed to un-install the Framework,
and
> then re-install it.
>
> Not sure if any of this applies to your situation.
>
> Dave
>

> "Microsoft" <cmnospamcm@quattrotech.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation
> guide,
> > however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a
message
> > stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server.  Setup was unable to
> > configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET.  Cannot create a file
> > when that file already exists (800700B7).
> >
> > Can somebody please help me with this?  I am unable to use the product
> > because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the
> > necessary steps.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >
> > CM

0
CM

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Unable to delete empty database

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

Document Viewer installer error

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Goal Seek #2

Error 550 Relaying denied

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

How do I configure simple categories in the task application
I am using outlook 2003 at work and am thinking of using 2002 at home. I want to simply configure the task view so that I can in one window look at my tasks. Either filtering them so only one category shows, or by showing them all and which category they belong to. Further I want to be able to check off from this list similar to how you might flag messages in email etc. Anyone familiar with how palm desktop works will know what I'm talking about. If this is too much of a mouthfiul to explain then at least a link to a site with helpful outlook howtos would be good. (Note- I hav...