CRM 1.2 hangs with Windows XP SP2 RC1, which new security reg key to change?

Hi all,

Ive installed crm1.2 to eval and the xpsp2rc1 test pc cannot get past the
first page, the window hangs.

Other machines are fine, so Im guessing its one of the new com, rpc or other
security "fixes" in xpsp2 thats bust it.
Does anyone know which one its likely to be, so I can disable the right one?

Thanks
Rich

0
Richard
4/22/2004 8:54:58 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi:

Is this in the browser client or SFO client? If it's the browser SP2
includes a pop-up blocker and such blockers break the CRM
functionality...you can disable the new IE pop-up blocker (it's on by
default) by opening IE and clicking Tools->Pop-Up Blocker->Turn Off Pop-Up
Blocker

John.

John.
"Richard" <Richard@spam.nob> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Ive installed crm1.2 to eval and the xpsp2rc1 test pc cannot get past the
> first page, the window hangs.
>
> Other machines are fine, so Im guessing its one of the new com, rpc or
other
> security "fixes" in xpsp2 thats bust it.
> Does anyone know which one its likely to be, so I can disable the right
one?

> Thanks
> Rich

0
John
4/24/2004 2:11:59 AM
Its the browser client and I know about the popup stopper, its not that as
the window is open because I have enabled the popup, it crashes the browser
application.

Rich

"John" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Is this in the browser client or SFO client? If it's the browser SP2
> includes a pop-up blocker and such blockers break the CRM
> functionality...you can disable the new IE pop-up blocker (it's on by
> default) by opening IE and clicking Tools->Pop-Up Blocker->Turn Off Pop-Up
> Blocker
>
> John.
>
> John.
> "Richard" <Richard@spam.nob> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Ive installed crm1.2 to eval and the xpsp2rc1 test pc cannot get past the
>> first page, the window hangs.
>>
>> Other machines are fine, so Im guessing its one of the new com, rpc or
> other
>> security "fixes" in xpsp2 thats bust it.
>> Does anyone know which one its likely to be, so I can disable the right
> one?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rich

0