CRM 1.2 database, but no CRM Server, new AD, needing to be upgrade

We have the SQL database files from a 1.2 CRM installation.  There isn't much
data in it, but enough that we don't want to lose it.  The client (on their
own, btw) moved the data into a SQL 2005 environment on a new domain.  Then
they pretty much killed the old one, including their CRM 1.2 installation.
They tried to apply the upgrade themselves, but it didn't work.

Now we have to figure out a way to at least save the data and bring it into
a 3.0 environment.  It doesn't look like the redeployment tools will work,
since the old server is no longer around.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

--
Steve Luc
Senior Consultant

Unfortunately, about the only choice with 1.2 is to use either the DMF,
custom code, or a tool like Scribe to "migrate" the data as if it's a new
implementation.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"Steve Luc" <sluc_at_infogrowcorp.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
We have the SQL database files from a 1.2 CRM installation.  There isn't
much
data in it, but enough that we don't want to lose it.  The client (on their
own, btw) moved the data into a SQL 2005 environment on a new domain.  Then
they pretty much killed the old one, including their CRM 1.2 installation.
They tried to apply the upgrade themselves, but it didn't work.

Now we have to figure out a way to at least save the data and bring it into
a 3.0 environment.  It doesn't look like the redeployment tools will work,
since the old server is no longer around.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

--
Steve Luc
Senior Consultant
InfoGrow Corp
(330)929-1353 x222

0
Matt

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

Adding profit to a sread sheet
Hi there I'm working on an extensive pricing catalogue in EXCEL. I need to write a formula that adds a profit to a cell, but if the profit added is less than $100, then it must add $100 instead. Here's what I have so far........ =SUM(C7*A1) For arguments sake I have a cell A1 which is a multiplier (1.3 for a 30% profit). And C7 is the wholesale price that I enter in. (for the sake of the exercise lets use a value of $80) Cell D7 is the total (where the formula will reside). So currently D7 would show $104, but because it is less than $100 profit (ie $24), I need it to be $180. ...

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

New Disk storage

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Creating new attributes

Adding Industry Codes
I am picking up the pieces on a previous installation of CRM, and want to add additional industries to my industry dropdown in the Lead form. For the life of me, I can't find the proper table in the database. Can someone be good enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Chris Chris, You don't do this via a table, you need to do it via form customization. You will need system admin rights, then go into System Customization and modify the Lead form. After making the changes, you will need to publish the change via Deployment Manager and issue an IISRESET. Matt "Chris...

adding name /creating field/query?

Need help with Auto Filter

How to restore entire server?

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1