CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2 - Hotfix 870365

After installing XP Service Pack 2, and the associated hotfix.  I still get
a problem using the "Home" Navigation button at the bottom of the screen on
the Web Client.

I get "error on page" message.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Boolean1
Boolean1@comcast.net

CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2 - Hotfix 870365

0
Boolean1
3/10/2005 5:00:44 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Maybe be obvious, but still, sometimes we tend to forget (me first,
<grin>)

Did you ALSO install the SERVER SIDE hotfixes associated with the XP
SP2, not just on the XP workstations?

Serge

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:00:44 -0500, "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net>
wrote:

>After installing XP Service Pack 2, and the associated hotfix.  I still get
>a problem using the "Home" Navigation button at the bottom of the screen on
>the Web Client.
>
>I get "error on page" message.
>
>Any thoughts on this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Boolean1
>Boolean1@comcast.net
>
>CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2 - Hotfix 870365

Serge Ayotte
[remove the SPOUM to contact me]
0
Serge
3/10/2005 3:55:26 PM
Arrrggghhh,

'ya know...

you're right, it wasn't implemented on the server...

Thanks,

Boolean1

===========

"Serge Ayotte" <sergea@SPOUM.groupesci.com> wrote in message

> Maybe be obvious, but still, sometimes we tend to forget (me first,
> <grin>)
>
> Did you ALSO install the SERVER SIDE hotfixes associated with the XP
> SP2, not just on the XP workstations?
>
> Serge
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:00:44 -0500, "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>After installing XP Service Pack 2, and the associated hotfix.  I still
>>get
>>a problem using the "Home" Navigation button at the bottom of the screen
>>on
>>the Web Client.
>>
>>I get "error on page" message.
>>
>>Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Boolean1
>>Boolean1@comcast.net
>>
>>CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2 - Hotfix 870365
>>

> Serge Ayotte
> [remove the SPOUM to contact me]

0
Boolean1
3/11/2005 3:50:01 AM
Is there a hotfix for PC's that dont ahve the crm sales for outlook client.
For instance, if I want to allow access from the Internet via any number of
secure means from machines that have only the browser installed.

The fix on the SP2 page only installs if you have the sales for outlook
client installed

"Boolean1" wrote:

> Arrrggghhh,
>
> 'ya know...
>
> you're right, it wasn't implemented on the server...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Boolean1
>
> ===========
>
> "Serge Ayotte" <sergea@SPOUM.groupesci.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Maybe be obvious, but still, sometimes we tend to forget (me first,
> > <grin>)
> >
> > Did you ALSO install the SERVER SIDE hotfixes associated with the XP
> > SP2, not just on the XP workstations?
> >
> > Serge
> >
> > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:00:44 -0500, "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>After installing XP Service Pack 2, and the associated hotfix.  I still
> >>get
> >>a problem using the "Home" Navigation button at the bottom of the screen
> >>on
> >>the Web Client.
> >>
> >>I get "error on page" message.
> >>
> >>Any thoughts on this?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Boolean1
> >>Boolean1@comcast.net
> >>
> >>CRM 1.2 and XP Service Pack 2 - Hotfix 870365
> >>

> > Serge Ayotte
> > [remove the SPOUM to contact me]

The only patch needed in your case is for the crm web server server

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Byron Wilkinson" <ByronWilkinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:405DC674-8BA5-4C1B-8B3F-8B97F8FC5C3D@microsoft.com...
> Is there a hotfix for PC's that dont ahve the crm sales for outlook
client.
> For instance, if I want to allow access from the Internet via any number
of
> secure means from machines that have only the browser installed.
>
> The fix on the SP2 page only installs if you have the sales for outlook
> client installed
>
> "Boolean1" wrote:
>
> > Arrrggghhh,
> >
> > 'ya know...
> >
> > you're right, it wasn't implemented on the server...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Boolean1
> >
> > ===========
> >
> > "Serge Ayotte" <sergea@SPOUM.groupesci.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Maybe be obvious, but still, sometimes we tend to forget (me first,
> > > <grin>)
> > >
> > > Did you ALSO install the SERVER SIDE hotfixes associated with the XP
> > > SP2, not just on the XP workstations?
> > >
> > > Serge

> > > Serge Ayotte
> > > [remove the SPOUM to contact me]

0
John
6/2/2005 4:24:34 AM
apply only the server fixes from this patch

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=95ed89d0-8b99-4458-b798-90ad5400923e&DisplayLang=en

ENU is for english united states
ENG is for england(british) english

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.mscrmfaq.us

"Byron Wilkinson" <ByronWilkinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:405DC674-8BA5-4C1B-8B3F-8B97F8FC5C3D@microsoft.com...
> Is there a hotfix for PC's that dont ahve the crm sales for outlook
client.
> For instance, if I want to allow access from the Internet via any number
of
> secure means from machines that have only the browser installed.
>
> The fix on the SP2 page only installs if you have the sales for outlook
> client installed
>
> "Boolean1" wrote:
>
> > Arrrggghhh,
> >
> > 'ya know...
> >
> > you're right, it wasn't implemented on the server...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Boolean1
> >
> > ===========
> >
> > "Serge Ayotte" <sergea@SPOUM.groupesci.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Maybe be obvious, but still, sometimes we tend to forget (me first,
> > > <grin>)
> > >
> > > Did you ALSO install the SERVER SIDE hotfixes associated with the XP
> > > SP2, not just on the XP workstations?
> > >
> > > Serge

> > > Serge Ayotte
> > > [remove the SPOUM to contact me]

0
John
6/2/2005 4:29:37 AM
This link doesnt seem to work anymore. Is there anywhere else where I can get
this patch?

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> apply only the server fixes from this patch
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=95ed89d0-8b99-4458-b798-90ad5400923e&DisplayLang=en
>
> ENU is for english united states
> ENG is for england(british) english
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>

> "Byron Wilkinson" <ByronWilkinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:405DC674-8BA5-4C1B-8B3F-8B97F8FC5C3D@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a hotfix for PC's that dont ahve the crm sales for outlook
> client.
> > For instance, if I want to allow access from the Internet via any number
> of
> > secure means from machines that have only the browser installed.
> >
> > The fix on the SP2 page only installs if you have the sales for outlook
> > client installed
> >
> > "Boolean1" wrote:
> >
> > > Arrrggghhh,
> > >
> > > 'ya know...
> > >
> > > you're right, it wasn't implemented on the server...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Boolean1
> > >
> > > ===========
> > >
> > > "Serge Ayotte" <sergea@SPOUM.groupesci.com> wrote in message

> still
> screen

Spacing #2
Hi Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want "dewit" THX Luc You can use: =substitute(a1," ","") to remove all the spaces (leading/trailing/embedded) or =lower(substitute(a1," ","")) if you really wanted lower case. Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > > Hi > Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. > How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want > "dewit" > THX Luc -- ...

CRM 3.0 Install Problems
We're trying to upgrade a dev instance of CRM 1.2 to 3.0. It gets partway through the installation before it fails, giving this error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Execution of a full-text operation failed. The parameter is incorrect. Looking at the log, it looks like this is where it fails: 15:00:38| Info| Disable full-text indexing 15:00:44| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed....

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

excel Xp (ofc XP)
.. I need to install an legacy application that will not install properly when ofc2k3 is the current application. Furthermore, the app wants small business tools for office 2k installed I can't uninstall ofc 2k3 because there are too many settings and applications depending on that possibly a naive questions: is it possible to make the ofc 2k3 look like ofcXp in terms of word and excel? is it possible to install small business tool from ofc 2k pro without destroying ofc2k3? Note that if office Xp or office 2k is the current office application, the legacy application will ins...

Limitations to # of Decimal places for seconds (time)? #2
Bernie Deitrick Wrote: > Xprezons, > > Are you really recording every 1/10 millionth of a second? And, yes > Excel > limits you to three decimal places on the seconds > > Thanks a ton for your help, Bernie. I guess this is what I have to do. And yes, the system does log time to the accuracy of 6 decimal digits. Thanks and Regards, Xprezons -- Xprezon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Xprezons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

CRM & Data Matching
Hi, We are going to populate our MSCRM with various data sets. Because of this there will be duplication of customer data. Is there any mechanism within Microsoft CRM (or easily available elsewhere) to match the data from the diverse sources against each other and to arrive at a single instance of the customer. Thanks, D. Microsoft CRM V3 only offers merge capabilities which means you have to locate the duplicates - crm can then merge the records two at a time. ISV's have produced other solutions ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.got...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

XP Pro Sp3 DeviceMgr Q re "Non-Plug & Play Drivers"
I'll save a long winded description for now, but essentially as a result of a major trojan virus infection (now deemed clean by Trend Micro), serious damage was done to my network adapters (all showing yellow ! marks) and some of the non-plug and play drivers (e.g., AFD, IPSEC driver, TCP/IP Protocol Driver). My tech friend and the manuf. of the Mavell Yukon PCI/PCI-E controllers have already walked me thru trying to update the drivers from the Marvell site, so the next step seems to be to see if the non plug and play drivers are the underlying culprit. So my initial que...

beginning balances #2
Hello: This is a new client who is entering invoices and data as of 2006. There are two open fiscal years--2005 and 2006. We created 2005, as the client will need to enter beginning balances for 2006. I just want to make sure that I have the correct steps down. In order to enter beginning balances for 2006, they need to: (1) In GL Transaction Entry, enter a debit or credit to the balance sheet account and a debit or credit to Retained Earnings (or a suspense account) as of 12/31/2005 and (2) They need to close 2005 in the GL, so those beginning balances (BBFs) will roll forward to...

Error when I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client
When I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client this error occurs: Extern error: object does'nt exist in the server, check that the object exist in the database and also in the active directory. I think this happen after I installed the service pack 2. If anyone knows how I resolve this problem, and can help me - that would be great! Hello Sandy. Check this link http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp2/rnotes_us.htm#DrWatson in the "Outlook Web Access errors" See you. Daniel Rodríguez. ...

Variant #2
Good Day, I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the IDL for the object that value is also defined as a VARIANT*. The problem I have is I am not sure how to deal with this value on the C++ side. What datatype do I use to store this value. Unfortunately, I can really be almost anything. Do I need to store it as a byte array? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! >I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the >methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the...

FRx Forecaster #2
Hello, In a Calc Set when a range of Accounts is used the Calc set does not work (Calc = '1000..5000') Have followed all the TK and it does satisfy all the requirements for a Calc Set to work. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance Ajay Ajay-- is the variable on the left side a valid Account? (i.e., does 'Calc' exist in the list of accounts, and in the lineset? Also, check the syntax in the actual calculation. It should read Calc='1000..'5000 with the single quote in front of the variables. "Ajay" wrote: > Hello, &...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Project Green #2
Those of you counting on or worrying about Project Green might want to check out the rants and replies on this forum on the Sept 20 subject entitled ".Net Plans?". ...

Watch correction pack for Internet Explorer
--gsjosobwb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rjabijgif"; type="multipart/alternative" --rjabijgif Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="knwcfkrh" --knwcfkrh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer ...

Need Help #2
I have created a custom button for Tag along item.and I am having problem with cursor box. It is not moving down. It is staying where the tag along item rang up. It should move down to empty line, But It is not. How Can I fix his problem. Any one can help me ? ...

SQL Server 2005
We recently moved an existing server which runs a SQL Server 2005 instance to a network located behind a firewall. Prior to moving the server behind the new firewall, I was able to Start/Stop/Pause/etc the SQL Server engine and Agent from my local machine using SQL Server Management Studio. Since the move though, the options to Start/Stop/ Pause/etc SQL Server and the Agent are grayed out and the status of the server just appears as a white circle instead of the normal green circle. At this point, I am assuming their is some port that we failed to open since it was working fine until w...