CRM 1.2 Activitys

For some reason my companies CRM database has become corrupt and there are
some invalid Activities listed in the ActivityBase Database. I have been
able to locate the invalid entries and was considering just manually
deleting them from the database, since deleting from the CRM interface isn't
working. Will manually deleting them just cause more headaches for me? If I
do remove the activities are there other tables that will need to have rows
manually removed also? I can seem to find documentation on how activities
are related to the other tables?

0
Joe
4/24/2007 1:17:46 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Manually updating the database isn't a good idea since there are a lot of
relationship which are not necessarily enforced by database level
constraints. Deleting records from the database may leave some orphaned
records which may break some crm function.

But as for related tables activities use the following tables:
ActivityPointerBase
AcitivtyPartyBase
[ActivityType]Base  (like appointmentbase, taskbase, etc)
[ActivityType]ExtensionBase
Records may also exist in the principalobjectaccess table, syncentry tables,
workflow instance and/or parameter tables.
And I may still have missed a few.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
Lead Developer

"Joe" wrote:

> For some reason my companies CRM database has become corrupt and there are
> some invalid Activities listed in the ActivityBase Database. I have been
> able to locate the invalid entries and was considering just manually
> deleting them from the database, since deleting from the CRM interface isn't
> working. Will manually deleting them just cause more headaches for me? If I
> do remove the activities are there other tables that will need to have rows
> manually removed also? I can seem to find documentation on how activities
> are related to the other tables?

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Meeting updates #2

printing 2 charts on single page

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Offline folder problems #2

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

VCard issue #2

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0