CRM 1.0 Server License

I have a client that has been running CRM 1.0 and isn't sure if a server
license was required back then or if they have a license for it now. Are they
grandfathered in with the server license for 1.2 and 3.0?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If they are current with the software assurance, then they will be able to
upgrade their licenses free of charge.  There were server licenses for v1.0
as well.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Brian Jones" <BrianJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have a client that has been running CRM 1.0 and isn't sure if a server
license was required back then or if they have a license for it now. Are
they
grandfathered in with the server license for 1.2 and 3.0?

0
Matt

Aways open workbook on sheet 1 ???
Hi I have a multi-sheet workbook which performs various calculations o each sheet Is it at all possible to make the work book allways open on sheet even if the last save was on sheet 4 for example Sheet 1 is like the "home page" for the work book Thank -- benson6 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- benson68's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50005 I think this should work for you - Code: -------------------- Private Su...

How restore Outlook messages back to Yahoo Server, removed in err
The related question to this msg is: Why, when you are setting up an account in Outlook '07 on Windows 7, not only is the DEFAULT setting to NOT leave a copy of messages on the server, you AREN'T EVEN ASKED WHETHER YOU WANT MESSAGES LEFT ON THE SERVER OR NOT? If I'd been asked I would have known how to answer, but I wasn't. That question is buried in the Advanced tab under More Settings that you do not automatically go to when setting up a new account. I didn't even seen the More Settings button. It may not have even been displayed. Everything setting u...

IE 6.0 home page
"Tools"/"Internet Options" The "Home page" section says "You can change which page to use for your home page" and the "Address" box, contains an URL. When I clear that URL then type "W", many other URLs are displayed. How can I delete all of these other URLs so only the URL I want is displayed? This is an Excel NG. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

BrightStor ArcServe 11.1 with Exchange Agent
Hi, I have BrightStor ArcServe 11.1 installed on a Windows Server 2003 machine and I want to backup my Exchange 2000 Server running on a Windows 2000 Server machine. The ArcServe backup agent for Exchange is installed on the Exchange server and is configured for brick-level backup. When I try to perfrom a backup from the backup server, using the ArcServe manager, I can connect to the Exchange server with the credentials I entered in the Exchange backup agent configuration wizard, but I do not have the option to backup the Exchange database at brick-level, I only see the server shares ...

renaming windows server running exchange 2007
Hello all I have a small exchange environment runing a mix of ex2k3 and ex2k7 (one server each). I need to rename the ex2k7 machine. I was thinking of just doing it normally through control panel as you one would change any windows machine's name. Will this cause any problems with ex2k7 or even the ex2k3 server? or do i need to install another ex2k7 server, transfer stuff over and all those crazy things? Many thanks for your help. Yes, crazy things are in your future. You cannot rename a server that is running Exchange. You will need to install a second E2K7 server, move the ...

Integrating Windows Application with CRM
Hi I have a little windows client application which I would like to integrate with CRM. What I need to be able to do is to read the value in the field on CRM and use within my windows app. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I don't want to use a button on CRM as the record may not have been saved when this needs to be used so I what my third party app to be able to access the active field on the CRM page Thanks Julian ...

How to change Bridgehead server?
I'm migrating to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. Have the old 5.5 server and the new 2003 server the same Site/Administrative Group. I've moved all mailboxes to the 2003 server, and have added an SMTP connector to the 2003 server and added our domains to the address space tab , and have pointed DNS/MX records to the new server and it is receiving new mail just fine. All users connect to the new server to send/receive mail. I notice though in the email header of outgoing mail to other domains that the server that sent out the email is the old 5.5 Servername/IP Address. If I stop the...

Converting an MFC 6.0 App to .net problem
I have recompiled an existing MFC 6.0 application in VS .net 2003. Now about every 13th time I run it in debug mode I get a "Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230" error. When I run it using the WinDbg program I get: DBGHELP: ntdll.pdb - file not found *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll - DBGHELP: ntdll - export symbols ntdll!DbgBreakPoint: 7c901230 cc int 3 When I run a release version of the application everything runs fine. Any Ideas? Larry The information you posted regarding symbol files is irrelevant to ...

DIV/0 vs 0.00
I am making a template where there is a number table followed by a Percentage distribution table. Another person will fill in the values for the table and the percentage one will automatically get filled in. For the totals in the Percentage table I expected to see #DIV/0 as there are no numbers yet and the cells are formatted for number with 1 decimal position. However, only 2 columns (out of 10) are instead displayed 0.0? The formatting of all cells is identical and the original formula was copied from the first column to the others. Therefore, I can not find where the difference lies...

Cannot uninstall first exchange server
Currently have two exchange 2000 servers - the "old" and the "new". Moved all the mailboxes to the "new" server, did "Q307917 - how to remove the first exchange 2000 server computer from the site", but when running the Add/Remove exchange and selecting "Remove", get the message The component "Microsoft Exchange Messagin and Collaboration Service" cannot be assigned the action remove becuase: One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail di...

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

FTP Server Map
Is there any way to map the directory structure of an FTP server? I actually want to do 2 things: 1. Map the existing directory structure of my company's FTP server just like I would map a web site. 2. Create a conceptual layout of a FTP server directory (i.e. folder and sub-folders) Which stencils would I use? Are there any sample drawings that come with Vision or that I can find on the web? Thanks for your help. What if you mapped to the share point that the FTP server use, then use the Windows command (from the command prompt) called "tree". Pipe the output to a fi...

Excel and SQL Server
I need to populate a column in Excel from SQL Server based on data in an existing Excel column. For example if I have a spreadsheet with employee ID’s in a column I need to go to SQL Server and populate the employee names associated with the Employee ID’s into an adjoining column. I have found plenty of articles on populating a spreadsheet from SQL Server but nothing on how to use an existing column as part of the join. I appreciate any help I can get. hi you need to declare your excel column a named range then use the excel file as a data source in your guery joining the ...

Exclude one calendar from being sychronized with Exchange Server
Hello Is it possible to exclude one Outlook calendar (folder) from being sychronized with the Exchange Server? Suppose I have two Outlook calendars set up: one for work-related appointments, one for private appointments. Now, I would like have my work calendar to be sychronized with the Exchange Server at work, but not the private calendar. Is that possible? System: - Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 - Exchange Server 2003 (I cannot change anything on the Exchange Server) Thank you Sagi Hello, I don't think it is possible within the Exchange-Mailbox-account in Outlook, but you could ...

CRM 3.0 Errormessage: instance name must be the same as computer n
Hi I am trying to make a Test system / Disaster Recovery system of our CRM 3.0. I have installed a new SQL 2005 on the test system and restored a backup of master, model, msdb, METABASE, MSCRM, ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB. I can see the data in the database and access reports. When I try to install MSCRM 3.0, I get the error: "The instance name must be the same as computer name". I have tried to remove the computername in SQL Serve Management Studio by help of a stored procedure called: sp_dropserver and the sp_addserver, servername, local Is there any expert that ...

Printing zip codes that start with 0 #2
I formatted the cell for zip codes and in Excel 2003, the 0 shows up but when I try to mail merge into a Publisher document, it won't print the 0 in zip codes that start with 0. Please help ...

Recordcount is always 1 step behind.
I have a datasheet as subform. The label on the master form always shows the recordcount one change before the current filter. I have clearly chosen the wrong event trigger. Private Sub Form_ApplyFilter(Cancel As Integer, ApplyType As Integer) MsgBox ("ApplyFilter") Forms!frmCustomer![qryCustomer subform].Form.RecordsetClone.MoveFirst Forms!frmCustomer![qryCustomer subform].Form.RecordsetClone.MoveLast Forms!frmCustomer.lblRecordCountCustomer.Caption = "Record Count: " + Str(Forms!frmCustomer![qryCustomer subform].Form.RecordsetClone.RecordCount) Forms...

Deploying CRM on SBS
I am in the process of getting ready to install CRM 4.0 onto our 2003 SBS I need to update the SBS to sp1 for this to happen. I have downloaded all the parts for this. My main question is do i need to install all these parts if im not using any of those function on the SBS? i.e we dont have exchange or sharepoint on there. Also is there any other issue or problems people have found when installing CRM 4.0, is it best to use it with outlook 2003 or 2007? ...

Access 2000 DB import tables in SQL Server 2000 DB
I inherited an Access 2000 database that needs to have tables imported into a SQL Server 2000 new database. The Access database has approximately 30 tables. The Access database has approximately 10 forms, 10 reports, and 10 modules. I would like to import Access database tables into the new SQL Server database. After the tables has been imported I will create the relationship between the tables. Next I will create the indexes and link the SQL Server tables to Access database. I know Access 2000 upsizing will complete this procedure but it must have SQL Server v7.0 or v6.X database....

Multiple device using USB8023/Rndis driver (WinCE6.0)
Hi, All, I am adding usb-to-ethernet support to my WinCE 6.0 image. I got it to work after some searches on the web. What I did was to modify registry by adding: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\Default\2\default\USB8023] "DLL"="USB8023.DLL" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\USB8023] "DLL"="USB8023.DLL" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\USB8023] ;LOC_FRIENDLYRNDISHOST "DisplayName"=mui_sz:"netmui.dll,#9002" "Group"="NDIS" "ImagePath"="USB8023.DLL&quo...

Sending emails through CRM
currently using two CRM deployments (3.0). First CRM instance is routing through exchange - second CRM server is routing through the first CRM server to send outgoing emails and keeping getting error messages: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Do both servers have to route directly to exchange seperately? Check the first CRM instance in IIS and ensure that the Virtual SMTP server is allowing the second CRM instance to route through it. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "LisaG" wrote: > currently usi...

Cannot remove licensing info
Hello everybody. Here is my situation, thanks in advance for any help that you can contribute. My sister and I both recently bought a macbook, but she's off in college at the moment. She bought the MacOffice 2004 for students and teachers and installed it and used a product key. Since she had the CD, and I needed to use powerpoint for school as well, I downloaded and installed MacOffice from a burned CD my friend gave to me until I can get hold of the authentic product. She came home for the weekend and I tried to uninstall the old version, reinstall it with the CD. I've also trie...

OE 6.0 blocking all attachments
Tools->options->security. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x http://...

Memory slot 0 in Windows CE 5.0
Hello, I have a doubt on Windows CE 5.0 Memory Architecture.... why is necessary to clone the SLOTn assigned to a process into the SLOT0 when the process is running ? Thanks, Paolo One of the reasons is the following: pratically each application uses one or more DLL; a DLL typically has some read only section (code) which can be shared between several applications and read/write section (data) which is not shared because it is different form application to application. The read only section is mapped at the same physical address for every application while the data reside i...

Replace "0" with a blank space
I use access 2000 Using the following expression, If all feilds are null it currently gives a value of "0". How can I fix it so that the final result will be blank if all are null? "Code is as follows" =Val(Nz([STA1],0))+Val(Nz([STB1],0))+........ On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:24:00 -0800, Alvin <Alvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Check out the Nz function in the help file, and you'll probably end up with something like: =Nz([STA1], ' ') + Nz([STB1], ' ') + ... -Tom. >I use access 2000 >Using the following expression, If all feilds are n...