Credit Card Processing for CRM and GP?

Hi,

Working with a prospect using Great Plains as the back office component.
They would like the salespeople to take orders via CRM but when submitted
and before they hit GP they want to run a credit card authorization for
payment.   This way orders that are declined by the credit card company
don't even show up in the back office.

Anyone know of a solution here?

Alan

0
Alan
1/6/2004 7:47:18 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I don't know of any existing solutions, but you could build a custom
order entry interface using the CRM SDK that could perform the credit
card processing.

Scott
inLogic
CRM Customization and Integration Services

"Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@NO-SPAM.tgo.ca> wrote in message news:<#cJ#l3I1DHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hi,
>
> Working with a prospect using Great Plains as the back office component.
> They would like the salespeople to take orders via CRM but when submitted
> and before they hit GP they want to run a credit card authorization for
> payment.   This way orders that are declined by the credit card company
> don't even show up in the back office.
>
> Anyone know of a solution here?
>
> Alan
0
sporter

CRM Exchange Router 07-19-07
Hi, We have setup 2007 Exchange Server in our office, and still have a 2003 Exchange server, I have downloaded the updated CRM Exchange router that supports 2007 exchange enviroment and kept the crm mailbox on the 2003 server. All other mailboxes are now on 2007. Since this upgrade we are now unable to get any emails into our CRM queues. We have also carried out the Rollup 2 Update on the CRM server. If i look into the crm mailbox through outlook, i can see the email arrive at the inbox, it then trys to deliver it to CRM Queue, but is unable to and bounces back into a folder within th...

PDF's not traking in crm

Credit cards that work in Money WITHOUT Yodlee/Passport?
Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Others? -- David Arnstein arnstein+usenet@pobox.com In microsoft.public.money, David Arnstein wrote: >Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT >using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Citicards http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/chooser/ Discovercard http://discovercard.com/ For a more inclusive list see http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationTyp...

CRM 3.0 Installation eror
We are trying to install CRM 3.0 in a Windows 2003 Small Business Server that is member of a domain controlled by a Windows 2003 Sever Standard. The W2003 Std is the domain controller and the W2003 SBS Machine acts as Exchange and SQL Server (for test purposes). When the installation wizards check for system prerequisites show the following error: “The organizational unit does not exist”. The same error appears with CRM 3.0 Standard an with CRM 3.0 Small Business. How can we solve this problem?. Can we create the unit manually?. If we can, with which name? Hi Daniel, You can create ...

upgrade older GP version
Our company is doing budget cut and the top manager does not lik to upgrade to newer GP version. We are using GP 9. Our major job is usually book keeping.. I think we use only less than 5% of GP functions. If we upgrade later to higher version, say GP 2012 or GP2014, what would be possible issues? Let's assume that our software consulting company still keeps professionals who understand GP9 well at that point. Thanks, Do you plan on paying the software maintenance so that your entitled to the future releases on GP? Are you just using GL and only basic functionali...

Debit Card Processing: Any Store in the LA area
I am setting up a store in the LA area with debit card processing using the RMS interface and would like to take a look at a store that is already setup in this configuration. If anybody has this configuration, are in the LA area and is willing to allow me to come to their store and visually inspect how they have setup their debit card processing. (ie. physical connection to computer, physical placement of machine, hardware used) Please reply to the newsgroup. Final note, if there are any Grocery Stores that are using this configuration that would be best, but any type of store is well appre...

Business Card Print Alignment
My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print there is no margin at the top. I've set the multiple cards per page at .5 top and .75 sides, no vertical or horiz. gaps. This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I need to do would help my sanity, thanks. Check your printer's setup. Make sure you are telling it what stock you are using. that could make a difference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Unable to type into a CRM 3.0 form
I just switched to a Dell Latitude D610 and am running CRM 3.0 using both browser and Outlook 2003 client. I am working fine when all of a sudden, I can no longer type text onto a CRM form field. I am not locked up. I can still move my cursor, choose from a picklist, etc. I just cannot type into a text field. Any thoughts? May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the google or msn toolbars installed? Try removing them and see if that fixes the problem. May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the g...

Reading from redirected Process Error stream
I have a Process, I redirect the input, output, and error streams (and set UseShellExecute = false ). I can write with process.StandardInput.BaseStream.Write I can read with process.StandardOutput.BaseStream.Read and receive 0 when there is no data But when I try to read with process.StandardError.BaseStream.Read (or ReadByte) it blocks (or hangs?) I expect to receive 0 (or -1) when there are no bytes to read. Why do the two streams behave differently? (Don't tell me to use BeginRead; that wouldn't answer my question.) PIEBALD wrote: > I have a Process, I ...

CRM 4.0 Upgrade, State Code or Status Code is invalid
Hello, I have upgraded a client from 3.0 to 4.0, and am getting errors whenever they try to reopen a closed opportunity. This occurs for any opportunity, regardless of whether it was closed before the upgrade or created new. It occurs with any Role, including Sys Admin. The Opportunity entity has been customized, but only using the built in customization features, no custom code at all. It was renamed to become "Proposals", however. Has anyone out there seen this error before? Any resolution? The generic error is: "State code or status code is invalid. Sate code is...

System Attendant has "0" mailboxes processed
Greetings All I have my Exchange 2000 Server Mailbox Manager runnign every week. It sends me a report that ZERO "0" mailboxes have been processed. I'm assuming this is in error. What can I do to get the Mailbox Manager to process all my mailboxes? Thank you, Jack Black ...

"Setup was unable to grant access to MS CRM databases"
Our upgrade failed and now i'm trying to restore the 1.2 databases and reinstall. However, I'm running into the following error message just as the setup starts: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases" Any ideas on what i need to do? Sounds like you may have to delete the Domain\server name SQL login. Use the EM of SQL and get to the security section. Delete the login for the accou nt. Since it's a machine account it has the $ after it, like an IPC$ Share. Delete the account and rest...

"Attach to Process" process list empty
Hi, I have developed an OCX control using MS VC++ 6.0. the client is developed in VB6, I'd like to debug the OCX component while running the Client in debug mode as well. When i launch the "Attach to process" from the "Start Debug" menu option the process list turns up empty (no processes are listed). The process list is working fine on other machines. can anyone suggest any reasons why this is not working? Regards, nabeel See if the following KB article helps you http://support.microsoft.com/?id=235434 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] --------------...

money 2006
MS Money 2006 1. create a new empty money file using a MS passport account. enable access money on the web and choose to ignore any existing accounts that may be pushed from your passport account. 2. add a Chase credit card: your account is downloaded successfully. 3. click Tools -> Internet Updates -> Read call summary messages MSN Money Syncronization actual: Updates are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. 4. try adding any other account from any institution: actual: Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Please advise. In microsoft.publi...

How to automate process of replacing values?
OK, let me briefly explain...I work in a medical research lab, and part of my job is organizing excel files containing patient medical info. The data is imported as a .csv file from a large cancer registry. There are columns of data where a three digit number represents text. (example: 000 is heart, 001 is lung, etc.) In order to be able to work with the data, I have to replace the numbers with the corresponding text. (The values all come out of a standardized reference) Currently, I have to do this manually, using the Find and Replace window in excel. With over 900 values to replace, i...

CRM Deployment Manager error
I'm receiving the following error when trying to access the User Manager node within the CRM Deployment Manager. Logon failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. (80040e4d) Any idea why I'm getting this error? I had a the same problem and this is what i did: "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'". In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, click on Security, then Logins. Select New Login and click on [...] the ellipsis. Find and select IIS_WPG and click Add and OK. Click on the Database Access tab and select METABASE and MSCRM and for each of...

Remove Unused fields from Advanced Find (Microsoft CRM 3.0)
I am wondering if anyone knows how to remove the unused fields from advanced find so that users don't have to see them. I know I can update the display names for the unused fields to start with "z-not used-<fieldname>" so they show up at the bottom of the advanced find list of fields. Does anyone know if there is away to have advanced find just not show all the out of the box fields that we do not use. Is there a way to modify the object XML and then import it in so it only shows the fields I want to show and allow users to search on instead of all the fields. Tha...

Smart Tags troubleshooting
I am looking to setup and get some understanding of smart tags in a demo environment on my laptop; however, I am having some confusion. I have the PDF documentation available, though I can't seem to get the tags working. Basically, I have GP 10 / SQL 2005 installed with Fabrikam, Ltd running without a hitch on my laptop. I turned on smart tags in Outlook, Excel, Word and then began the install of the office smart tag server. I configured the smart tag server to allow all domain users (as I am logged on at my work network) to have full access (enabled) to all resources for Fabrikam. I then...

Help influence future versions of Microsoft CRM
The Microsoft CRM product team are asking for your input. If you want to help influence future versions of Microsoft go to this link to register to complete a survey http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/document.aspx?content=/businesssolutions/content/crm_survey.xml ...

GP Should create an error log file which we (as an MCP) can revie.
Dynamics GP should include macro-like traces in an error log for MCPs to review to review the specific user's(s') navigation and clicks to more intuitively diagnose errors and processing glitches. To conseerve resources, this type of code should be scripted with a conditional clause: For example, user transactions and navigation is tracked and logged into a temp error "cache" file and: (a) saved if the transaction/command is unsuccessful OR (b) discarded/cleared if successful. With this information handy to support professionals and externally to the Dynamics Suppo...

Credits on Money 2002 Deluxe & Business invoices
Hello, Yes, I am running the ol' 2002 Deluxe & Business version. <insert rimshot here>. But its no joke, it works fine for my needs and soon to buy the 2004 ver... uhh ohh, betcha 2005 version is probably on the shelves. Anyway, I am creating an invoice and happily adding service items (rate and time). However, I want to give this customer a discount by taking it off the bottom line with its own "discount" line item. The only problem is item editing only allows positive numbers! I tried () with as much success as "-", absolutely none. Is there a...

CRM Contracts in Outlook Address Book
We are using Microsoft CRM version 4.0 with Outlook client. Our users click on the "To" button which bring up the Outlook address book. One of the entry in the address book is CRM Contacts but when selecting that nothing appears in the list. Does anyone know why? On the CRM menu in Outlook, choose Options. On the Address book tab, set the address book setting for Contacts to Match all contacts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. You will have to close and reopen Outlook and how many contacts the user can see will determine how long until the address book is populated. -- Richard...

"Purchase Order Processing setup information is missing or damaged" Error
Hi, I tried to Open the "Payment Document Setup" form or the "Payment Document User Preference" form from the "Setup" module of "Purchasing" then an error message "Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged" gets displayed. and when I tried to Open the "Receivings Transaction Entry" form from the "Transactions" module then an error message ""Purchase Order Processing setup information is missing or damaged" gets displayed. Go to Setup>Payment Document Setup, uncheck and then re-check ...

2 Graphics cards? Switching the old one? Accelerator/expansions?
When is it appicable to have two graphics cards? I saw a demo on the web as how to do this. It sais they have to be side by side, have the same GPU and they were connected by a little piece and connected to the motherboard. If I were to update my graphics card, would I replace the old one, or insert the new one into an expansion port and leave the old one? Would they interfere or not work if two were in there and one was an older card with less capabilities than the newer one? How many graphics cards have an expansion to them? I have seen something like this in stores. On the...

Processing RBUTTONDOWN on a menu element
Hello, We're running an MFC application at work and we're at a point the we would like to be able to receive and process a RBUTTONDOWN or UP message on a particular menu element. For example, if the user navigates over the MainFrame menu options at the top of a window (or any popup menu from some control) and instead of Left Mouse Clicking to select a menu, they click the Right button. I've been trying different tests and occasionally some menus appear to do nothing when right-clicking and at other times, the menu acts as if the left button was pressed (which tells me that it IS ...