Creating Reports 05-08-07

I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in
crm and have found a few different methods.  What is the easier and time
efficient method for creating a new custom report?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On May 8, 3:26 pm, Nate <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in
> crm and have found a few different methods.  What is the easier and time
> efficient method for creating a new custom report?

Pre-filtering the reports per the SDK is probably going to be your
best bet.  You can upload them into CRM and have them appear in Forms
and Related Views without having to add a custom button or other
customizations.  If you need some other type of workflow to occur
using custom code then you will want to use the custom button
approach.

Scott Moore
www.easiintl.com

0
Scott

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

Reports - front and back
I have received a new report request - and I'm stumped (again).The front page contains page header, detail section of text fields that can grow, page footer.The back page contains page header, detail section of boilerplate text, page footer.The page headers and footers are different on the front and back, but I have the code - thanks to this forums participants - that handles it.The dimensions I'm using are: top and bottom margin = .5 inch; page header = .5 inch; page footer = 2 inches. That should leave me 7.5 inches in the detail section - which I've doubled to handle the front...

Invoices Applied to Cash Receipts Report
Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client that needs to print this information out and give it to their customer. On Jun 8, 4:38 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a > cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction > Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client tha...

Crystal Reports in VB.NET Express Edition
Hello, I have a quick question. I am currently using VB.NET Express. I need to use Crystal Reports (Crystal Report Viewer, etc.) in the application I am working on. The only issue - since I am using Express Edition, I am assuming that Crystal Reports is not included. So my question - can I purchase it? Or, do I need to acquire a retail box of Visual Studio. If so, which versions has it? Thank you PM "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAD26F5B-68BD-485F-84C0-B0443F91F19A@microsoft.com... > Hello, I have a quick question. &g...

create an index listing where specific names are mentioned
I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. Publisher does not have an Index feature. Use Word. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "family history mama" <family history mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1FE4A-E80F-444F-8E7D-6AA71878D100@microsoft.com... >I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index > showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. ...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

Oversized reports in Advanced financials
Hi, I have customized a report to show 12 months of operations on B. Sheet and P&L in advanced financials. However, I cannot control the printing so that it prints on land scape with legal size paper. Anyone had any success in this situation before? Please advise -- Manager Why aren't you using FRx to generate the report? "pancho" wrote: > Hi, > > I have customized a report to show 12 months of operations on B. Sheet and > P&L in advanced financials. However, I cannot control the printing so that it > prints on land scape with legal size paper. ...

EXCEL 07 Sort
I have a spreadsheet that comes to me daily with about 60K rows in it. One of the columns has cells with 15 digit numbers in it formatted as text. I need to do a sort by the last two numbers in that cell, and then subtotal the number for each sorted group. For instance, in the group below, I need to sort so the numbers ending in 01 are together and then subtotaled as 2. Then the 12 are sorted together and subtotaled as 1. 234568975612401 123456789101112 674368465782701 I have never seen a number in this column begining with a 0, so not sure why it is text, but I could easily cahnge...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

create calendar drop down list in Excel sell
i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to import it or link a sell to a calendar? Hi try: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F312DC0-3E90-4A1B-9B3C-7D239A5845A7@microsoft.com... > i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to > import it or link a sell to a calendar? ...

Date Fields 01-22-08
Thanks to all the advice I have received but I seriously need more help (in more ways than one). The crux of the problem is that I need to insert a date into ClockStarts field and have access display another date into TargetDate field (plus 20 days but excluding Sat/Sun and holidays) If someone could give me the code to do this I would be forever in your debt. Thanks =Now() (if you want a date AND time value) =Date() (if you want date only) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Ment...

How do I show hyperlinked images opened in a report
I am a newbie to access and I was wondering how I can show hyperlinked images opened in a report. I have viewed other threads and it seems possible, but I can not figure it out. I currently have a table with over 2000 records and up to 6 hyperlinked images to each record along with other data. The reports will be based off querries for a few records at a time. Please help! I really need help with this one. This is what I've done: Added an Image control to the report. After I added and saved the image control, I've deleted it's picture property. I Coded the Detail Section F...

Creating Namespace Attributes
Hello, I'm trying to round-trip some XML out of Adobe InDesign, through my application and then back into InDesign. Tables in InDesign are created using a specific namespace like this: <Table TABLE_TYPE="table05" xmlns:aid="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeInDesign/4.0/" aid:table="table" aid:trows="7" aid:tcols="2"> <Cell aid:table="cell" aid:crows="1" aid:ccols="1" aid:ccolwidth="73.79470231328037"> etc. Now, I'm looking to add a new table, so what I'm doing is constr...

Creating Custom Recipient Policy
Hi, I am running exchange 2003, the companyi work for aquired many companies and changeing email address for x number of employees. so i am currently acceptting about 6 differerent email address with the old and the new. when all is said and done. i would like to have a custom recipient policy for each primary email address. so the user do not end up with them all on their smtp properties. I just want them to have there old and new primary. i quess i am asking how can i create 3 different primary address for different users in the same company? thanks a bunch in advance for helping Pa...

Creating a button that goes to the next new record
I am fairly new to access and i am trying to build an inventory database that lists all our grounds maintenance equipment. I have all the records typed in but would like a button for adding new equipment as it is purchased. Ideally the button will take me to the next new record rather than an existing one. What is the easiest way of doing this? I am using Access 2003 At the bottom of your form, there are navigation buttons, like this: |< < [ 5] > >| * of 77 records The star button takes you to a new record. If you don't see this, open the form in design view, an...

create defined name using variable file name in reference
please help in create defined name EXAMPLe: create name : ACCPath ---- Referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[externa work book.xlsx]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) this works I NEED to put (external work book.xlsx) in a cell and refere to it as variable in the referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[&U2&]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) where U2 having the file name because it is changing meny times Activeworkbook.Names.Add Name:="ACCPath", RefersTo:= "=" & Activesheet.Range("U2").Value2 --- HTH Bob Phillips "hala" <hala@discussions.mi...

Calendar Report in CRM
I'm trying to write a report in CRM that will display data in a calendar format. I've been banging my head on this for weeks and I haven't turned up anything online. I have some dates with titles attached I just want a calendar to display those titles on those date. I wouldn't think it would be that hard but it is. Help! ...

create a transfer from hq
Can you advise why when we create a transfer from hq. The sending store edits it but the receiving store does not see the changes? eg issuing store changes amount from 5 to 10 Receiving store still sees 5 not 10 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Crystal Reports 9 Timeout 04-28-06
I have read all of the posts related to Crystal timing out or hanging when reports are run against large datasets, but there doesn't seem to be any real solutions out there for CRM 1.2. I have a client that adds about 100,000 new opportunities a quarter and upper management needs to be able to run some reports that show all of the opportunities in nice little bar charts. Aside from the max db results trick, is there anything that can be done for a 1.2 installation? As an aside....it seems there a huge number of posts dealing with problems for Reporting Services. Is reporting really better...

DPM 2007 SP1 does not see sharepoint when creating a protection gr
When creating a protection group in DPM 2007 SP1 I do not see the SharePoint farm listed. I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 DPM Server: 1. Installed Hotfix Package KB976542 October 2009 I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 WFE that DPM is pointed to: 1. Added the sharepoint Farm Administrator account to the Local Administrators group 2. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -EnableSharePointProtection command and the Windows SharePoint Services farm administrator credentials when prompted 3. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -ResolveAllSQLAliases N...

Have Hyperlinks to be in opened state in a report
I am a beginner at this using Access 2003. I am a newbie to access and I was wondering how I can show hyperlinked images opened in a report. I have viewed other threads and it seems possible, but I can not figure it out. I currently have a table with over 2000 records and up to 6 hyperlinked fields with images to each record along with other data. The reports will be based off querries for a few records at a time. Please help! I really need help with this one. This is what I've done: Added an Image control to the report. After I added and saved the image control, I've delete...

Creating custom color palettes from worksheet ranges
Can anyone recommend a free utility I can use to populate Excel's color palette from cells in Excel 95 or 2000? I want to create custom palettes but I don't want the effort of changing the palette by hand. I would like to do one of the following A B C D 1 Color Red Grn Blu 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 1 4 Blue 1 1 1 5 Orange 1 1 1 or A B C D 1 Color Hue Sat Lum 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 ...

Item Movement History Report
Hi, I need a new filter for (Store Id or Store Name) in Item Movement History Report in HQ. Thanks and Mery Christmas Javier Barcelona,Spain What report r u talking about? the Item Movement report in HQ already has StoreID and StoreName as filters, and as far as i know, Item Movement History report is only in SO not in HQ "Javier Coll" <Javier Coll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA4D68FE-13E7-432D-A989-D028FAEAE20E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need a new filter for (Store Id or Store Name) in Item Movement History > Report > in HQ. > &g...

I need Create a National Account and Child Account
Hi. I need Create a National Account and Child Account, too. I am Using a Econnet Schemas, i can create a ParentId, but can't create a childparenteId, i don't konw that schema will use to create this childparent, i read the SDK but i don´t understand how to apply this schema in VB.NET. How i can to create this ChildParentid in VB.NET?? I need only one example to Understand how to create this!!!!! I need create this account from CRM and i'm using a webservices whit VB to create this account!! thanks!!!!!! ...

Creating a second e-mail domain?
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 Server SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1. It has been a while since I've done this. Anyone have any good links for the best way to do this? Thanks!!! On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:10:55 -0800, "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have an exchange 2003 Server SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1. It has been >a while since I've done this. Anyone have any good links for the best way >to do this? > >Thanks!!! > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319201 Just add the second domain to a recipient policy...