Creating opportunity using CRM api

Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an
opportunity using C#.  I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM
3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains.   What
I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just
the necessary information so I can build on it from there.
I appreciate any help!

0
jeffa
1/31/2007 5:38:58 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jeffa

When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the
installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm

Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples

let me know if you get stuck
--
Alistair
2B.net

http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk

"jeffa" wrote:

> Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an
> opportunity using C#.  I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM
> 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains.   What
> I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just
> the necessary information so I can build on it from there.
> I appreciate any help!

Send email to custom entities in CRM 3.0
How do I send email to entities other than account, contact, leads and users? Not possible. "Andy" wrote: > How do I send email to entities other than account, contact, leads and > users? > I found out the following: It turns out every CRM 3.0 email is made out of three types of records, all of which are tied together through a common ActivityId: activitypointer - this is the main record and it holds the fields common to all activities email - this holds fields uniquely related to emails such as the mime type, tracking token, etc. activityparty - this holds sender and...

Query using two separate query totals
I'm trying to create a query using a table of user information and two separate queries with totaled hours over a period of time. Each separate query has a total number of hours used between a start date and end date. It is possible that a user can use hours from either query. I would like to be able to have the totals information from each hours query sorted by the contact's last name. I so far have the contact's Name, the total hours from one query, and the total hours from another query. When I run the query, it shows the information from the first query and c...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Compiling dataset using an XSD that has import and include tags
Hi,I am trying to create a DATASET object using an .xsd file that has an import tag. The imported .xsd in turn has an include tag for another .xsd. Is it possible to create a dataset based on such an xsd using the XSD.exe or are there any other tools available for this? FYI, the xsd tool works for this schema creating classes if the the path of the IMPORTED xsd is explictly given on the command line. But if I run it with the '/d' directive, it fails saying that the SchemaLocation attribute has an invalid URI. Please let me know any information on this. Thanks Rupa have you tri...

Create New Default PST
How do you go about creating a new PST and then setting it as your default in OL2002? Thanks for the help! JohnH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you go about creating a new PST and then setting > it as your default in OL2002? To create it, click File>Open>Outlook Data File. Browse to the folder where you want it, give it a name, and click OK. Then to select it for your default delivery, click Tools>E-mail accounts>View or change existing e-mail accounts>Next. Click the drop-down next to "Delivery new e-mail to the following location...

Outlook shortcuts for CRM keep disappearing
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM in outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon that is causing this problem. Thanks, Sophie On Jun 11, 12:06=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM i= n > outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? > > We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon th= a...

Publishing web site using ProntPage 2003
I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks. You probably got the wrong newsgroup, this is excel Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jeffrey" wrote: > I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, > some of the files in the server ar...

creating a templates area.
Is it possible to create a workgroup template folder and view those templates in excel? I noticed that word had this option but excel didn't. TIA, Jackson Just put your excel templates in that same Workgroup Template location. Excel will find it. (You can change that location in MSWord, but excel will find that setting.) Jackson wrote: > > Is it possible to create a workgroup template folder and view those > templates in excel? I noticed that word had this option but excel didn't. > > TIA, > > Jackson -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the quick reply b...

how to use this video converter for mac to convert mac videos.
Step 1: Free download [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] from the above link and install it on your Macintosh: Step 2: Click "Add files" button to input videos to be converted. Step 3: Under profile option, choose the ouput video file format you want to convert to. Step 4: Click "convert" button to get start convert video for Mac. As we can see, this Video Converter for Mac is easy to use, if you like it, just free download this [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] and enjoy it by ...

Excel2000: Is it possible to use named ranges as chart's series ranges
Hi I have a table, with a row added weekly, and a chart based on those data. But chart must display data from last 6 week only, i.e. chart's data series must be defined dynamically. Of course I can do it, using some hidden dummy sheet, where data for last 6 week are automatically collected, and which serves as source table for chart. But is there a way to avoid this - p.e. by using dynamic named ranges? I tried to enter range names into Values field for Chart Series, but I got 'The formula you typed contains an error' message. Is there some trick for it, or it is hopeless? OK, ...

Free business opportunity #2
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

CRM-Callouts not firing for non-admin users
Hi. I'm happy to see that there are still helpful and knowledgable people in here. I was wondering if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction with regards to a problem I'm having with CRM Callouts. I have a post callout on account::create. The com app writes some simple information to a text file. Everyone has full contol on this text file. When I create the account as administrator, it works properly. When I create the account as myself (in the administrators group, also a CRM Role of system administrator) it will work also. However, when I create the account as ...

CRM 4.0
Hi! We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it... Any suggestions....? Best regards, Ivica I'm sure this is a bug - we had it on the fax entity with "to" - Team please take note I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence Pete "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message news:5534F8F2-930B-45F1-A503-4D4DBA092E0F@microsoft.com....

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

using data from another cell
I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another cell locate in the same row where. Can some one help me? Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows: Name is typed in: A1 List of names and values in: C1:D10 =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE) "leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiO5fCTWDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different > column) if the same name is there, and if it is t...

Avoid using Exit
In the following article the author recommends avoiding the use of EXIT commands in the body of procedures: http://www.fmsinc.com/free/NewTips/VBA/Avoid_Procedure_Exits.html If you want to follow this rule, I think you will end up with a lot of nested if-then structures. My question: is this rule common practice among the pro's? Thanks, Lars There is no hard rule for the 'pro's'. However, when giving advice to questions on this discussion group, I would agree with the advice in that article from fms. To avoid long nested procedures, you can do someth...

How do I create an invoice?????
I have Money 2002 home edition, and cannot find any invoice templates or ANYTHING to do with invoices. I was under the impression I could create invoices with the home edition. Am I wrong?? ...

Can I create custom theme fonts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a variety of office documents where the fonts that I use are not available in any of the theme fonts. I would like to be able to modify the standard fonts that are part of a theme the same way that I can modify the colors that are part of that theme. I've searched Help and the web to no avail, so I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist. ...

Crosstab Query with query parameter used to create a report
My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to use it to create a report I am asked multiple times to re-enter my query parameters. The report generates the correct results; however, why do I need to re-enter my query parameter multiple times?? Thanks.. Open the crosstab in design view, click on menu Query - Parameters. This opens another window. Type in your parameter names and data type. Save. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JJ_Access" wrote: > My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to ...

Using ForceNewPage with criteria
Hello, I have a report with a footer that I would like to use ForceNewPage with only when certain criteria are met. The ForceNewPage setting on the footer is set to Before Section, however, if FieldX = N then I would like it to not force the new page because N signifies that there will be no data in the footer for that particular item and I don't want to have the blank page included in the report. Is there a way to use VB to evaulate the criteria and where FieldX = N set the ForceNewPage to "None"? Here is what I have tried, but it doesn't seem to work: PrivateSub ...

Creating 5 foot paper banner in Publisher
Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try to print a 5 foot paper banner. After the first page, the printer stops... I feel like I've tried just about everything with no luck... Suggestions? Thanks, Steve Did you check your printer settings? On a related topic - has anyone ever been able to create a .pdf of a banner with PrimoPDF? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09de01c52a97$8fef4c60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try ...

Insufficient Permissions Error when Closing an Opportunity
Ok, just upgraded to 3.0 last week. Admin is able to close opportunities just fine. However our sales force is unable to close an opportunity. they always get "Insufficient Permisions - The logged on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action...." It is in the online version as well as offline. SFO as well as web. I have checked the settings under the salesmens role and everything seems to be open enough to allow opportunities to be close. Please help!!! this is driving me nuts and slowing up our product...

Creating a Worksheet with date
Hi, I'm trying to creat a wroksheet that will have two weeks of date at the top row to be printed every two weeks and each time printing, it shows the next two weeks automatically. I'm very new on doing this, please help if there is anyway of doing this. Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, MD Thanks Paul, It worked. MD >-----Original Message----- >Md, how about putting the first date in A1 and then this formula in B1 and >copy accross to as many columns as needed, then you will only have to change >the date in A1, this could be changed automatically wh...

Using text to colums, but need to keep decimals
I have a column of prices that I need to split into two columns, but need to keep the decimal and leading zeros if applicable , fo example: 102.46558 99.054 when split needs to be 102 .46558 99 .054 there will only be two or three digits in front of the decimal, bu those ater it will vary. This will save me two days of work if I can get this done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohagany, Assuming your prices are in A1 down, in B1 enter =Trunc(A1) and in C1 enter = A1 - B1 Drag the cells B1 and C1 down as far as you need. --- Regards,...