Creating new attributes

When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create a
new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of the
type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
help.
Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You cannot add custom lookup's to the current release of MSCRM.  The only way
around is to build a custom .aspx page and build your own.  Might be possible
in the next release.

"HEC" wrote:

> When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create a
> new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of the
> type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
> table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
> help.
> Thanks.
CRM 1.simply 2 does not support new relationships (ie lookup fields)

There is no workround without ISV addins (eg Powertrak from www. axonom.com)

You can wait for next version though...

"HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create
> new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of
> the
> type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
> table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
> help.
> Thanks.

0
Peter