Creating new attributes

When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create a
new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of the
type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
help.
Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You cannot add custom lookup's to the current release of MSCRM.  The only way
around is to build a custom .aspx page and build your own.  Might be possible
in the next release.

"HEC" wrote:

> When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create a
> new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of the
> type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
> table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
> help.
> Thanks.
CRM 1.simply 2 does not support new relationships (ie lookup fields)

There is no workround without ISV addins (eg Powertrak from www. axonom.com)

You can wait for next version though...

"HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create
> new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of
> the
> type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
> table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
> help.
> Thanks.

0
Peter

New to formula's HELP #2
Column 1 DR Experience (5) Column 2 Suspensions (1) Column 3 @ fault loss (2) Seperate grid legend says you start @ step 0 which is 100 % of a tota $ premium if end on 0. You can go up 15 steps with each charging mor than 100 % of total $ premium. OR you can go down 15 steps with eac charging less than 100%. Going down is in multiples of 5 % and up i multiples of 10 %. IE. as above I started on 0...I went down 5 fo Dr experience which is a (-5 step =75% of a total premium of 1800.00) Then I go up 1 step for a suspension which is (-4 step=80% of tota 1800.00) then I go up 10 steps for ...

creating user accounts or profiles
I am trying to create a secondary email account or profile in outlook 2007. I follow the steps I used when setting my original account but keep getting a message about no connection to server, I`m sure you can have two acounts using seperate email addresses on outlook am I wrong or just not doimg it right. -- Glad of any suggestions - Anton "AntsMc" <AntsMc@microsoft.co.uk> wrote in message news:39570C6D-9B8B-4B93-B281-FB4C302831A4@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a secondary email account or profile in outlook 2007. > I follow the steps I used when setting ...

new A record?
Hi, we have a site running Exchange under an SBS2003K Prem server. The company's website is at an outside ISP. We've been using the numeric IP to connect to Exchange for OWA--- should a new "A record" be set up so say it reflects directing this traffic to this IP? i.e. www.company.com would go to the outside website, but www.mail.company.com would go the the IP of the Exchange server? Thinking is, it'd be eaiser to have user type www.mail.company.com/exchange than to remember an IP... www.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/exchange You don't need the www bit. You could use and A...

Office 2004 Installation problem on new 15 inch G4 PowerBook
I bought my daughter a new MAC PowerBook G4 for college. I have been trying with no success to install Microsoft Office 2004 Student & Teachers Edition. Note that this my first experience with a MAC and thus I am not very familiar with a MAC. Note also that other MAC programs installed without a hitch. On my first installation attempt I got an error message that " Microsoft Word cannot load the Microsoft Office Shared Libraries. Move Word back to the Microsoft Office folder." The problem was that it was in the Microsoft Office Folder. I tried reinstalling Office and got an error ...

Great Plains 6.0 database moved to new server can't login
I realize that GP 6.0 is no longer supported, but I have to move it from Sql 7.0/NT4 to SQL 2000/Win2003. Everything is fine until I log in to Great Plains, then I get "Your login has been removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting system". Does anyone know how to recover from this? I used the same sequence to transfer databases that I have used in the past for other SQL Server systems, and they always worked. Thank you for your help. truncate the actvity table in dynamics database. "StuckWithAnOldVersionNeedHelp" wrote: > I r...

Is miley cyrus writing a new song write now
she might be i do not know Why not check at www.imahooplehead.com "how are u" <how are u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A50E2AAB-8A78-48A6-9874-28044F390BB9@microsoft.com... : she might be i do not know ...

Changing Attribute Types
Will I loose functionality or have problems if I change an attribute from text to a Picklist type? Currently, I have a number of reports using this attribute. However, the purpose of this attribute type change is to ensure data entry standardization and data integrity conformity. The name of the attribute will not change, only the attribute type will change. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Terry, MS CRM dont provide the flexibility to change the data type of an attribute once it is defined. One way is to delete the attribute and define it again with different data type ...

SQL Server 2008 on Windows 7
I am unable to create a new windows autentication SQL Server login on my system. It is a 32 bit SQL Server 2008 (Developer Edition) on Windows 7. Whenever I try to create the login, either in SSMS, or with T-SQL, I get an error 15401 - Msg 15401, Level 11, State 1, Procedure sp_grantlogin, Line 49 Windows NT user or group 'MyDomain\Username' not found. Check the name again. If I click search, it can find it in AD no problem, but when I try to OK to create it, is when it cannot find it. I have searched the web, and found KB 324321 and went through that, and none of that...

Creating a text file from a query using a form
Hi, From my ade application I need to export a query into a file with a delimiter text so it can be imported by an additional application. I use the following cmd to create a file: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "myReport" DoCmd.OpenView stDocName, acViewNormal, acEdit And then I use a txt file to save the output. Unfortunately, the output format is not what I need. The format should be something like: 1st column = 10 characters, 2nd column= 4 characters and so on. Reason being is that my second application can read and import the text. How should I go b...

How do you create themes for Office SW #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi guys, I am struggling to identify ways in which I can create a custom theme for Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office documents? Compared to Office for Windows, there is no Design and Theme tabs on Macs, so I wonder if this is possible at all. Thank you and apologies for my ignorance. Tomas In Mac Office 2008 they're referred to as "Document Themes" but aren't implemented as fully as in 2007... specifically, "Effects" are not included. See Help on themes in any of the Office apps as w...

Eliminate Duplicate Entries in Order to Create Labels Using Mail M
Using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet that has several hundred rows and 5 columns. I want to do a mail merge and create labels with the records. The problem I’m having is that there are many rows of data that are duplicates. FYI - If there is a duplicate entry, all of the columns will be the same data, not just one column. First I went to Data > Filter > Advanced Filter > Filter the List, in-place > Unique Records Only. It then hid the rows with the duplicate data. When I do a mail merge to create some labels, it includes my duplicate records (hidden rows) and I d...

How to create a listbox for a Unidriver DLL
I am struggling to find any information on how to create a listbox in an OEM DLL for a Unidriver printer driver. I want a dialog that should have a listbox with selections for commands send to the printer but I don't find any information on how to fill in the information into such a dialog. Well, I have the dialog but can't fill in the selections. The dialog is created in hrOEMDevicePropertySheets with Page.dwSize = sizeof(PROPSHEETPAGE); Page.dwFlags = PSP_DEFAULT; Page.hInstance = ghInstance; Page.pszTemplate = MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_DEVICE_PROP2); Page.pfnDlgProc = T...

Creating Report on two tables that are linked
Hi, I am a novice access user who is looking at someone else's application. They have a Post Table and a Comments table. There is an id field in the Post table that links to a Post_Id field in the comments table. When I open the Post table, there is a blank field on the far left that has a plus or minus sign. If I click on the plus sign, it appears to open values from the Comments based on these two fields. In the Post table there is a Body field that has information that people have typed in. In the Comments table is also a Body field that has information. This access databa...

SQL Error Message while inserting new attribute
Hello, When i try to add a Contactperson attribute, i get the following error messages: dmLog: Failed to add new String attribute (CFSnevenactiviteiten) to Contact entity. dmLog: New size of the attribute ({7A815C51-71F7-438D- B2F6-4F1E14E25838}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes. Does anyone know how to solve this? greetinx, marcel J. I do not think you can get around this error...at least when it happened to me I could not. Ultimately this is due to the alter table command at the SQL Server level throwing the error. As the error indicates, adding a new column wou...

Add new line in a cell
I must be suffering from oldtimerers disease but I can't remember how to to add a new line inside a cell. I have tried various combinations of alt, shift, ctrl, enter but I can't get it. Thanks Did you try alt-enter? (Remember to toggle the wraptext setting: Format|cells|alignment tab) Rob wrote: > > I must be suffering from oldtimerers disease but I can't remember how to > to add a new line inside a cell. > > I have tried various combinations of alt, shift, ctrl, enter but I can't > get it. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson Dave Peterson wrote:...

Creating email with parameters
Hi, I want to create an email in Outlook from withing another program. No big problem. I have experimented with different command-line switches, which very easily lets me create a message with the right address in the "to" field. However.... I need to transfer another parameter (a file path, to be exact) to the email message. Then, when a users clicks "Save" in the email editor window, the email should be saved on disk to this specific path without user interaction. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks, J.Jespersen email: jdj curlything jdj dot dk ...

Smartlist created from Builder has error
Hello, Recently we encountered all smartlist created by Smartlist builder upon clicking on it, show an error message (a) GetRecordsExtender of form SmartlistBuilder Object (b) Stringoverflow on set 'Record Count' and if click on Debug, we get the same error as above - GetRecordsExtender of form SmartlistBuilder object', 3830, 4,0,0...... These smartlist were OK all this while. This only happen on the server but not on other client PC. What should I do? Is GP corrupted and require reinstallation? I tried all the maintenance work at Smartlist builder such as Refresh Cache, Refres...

New Mail Envelope Icon
I have Outlook 2007 B2TR and I still cannot get the new envelope icon to appear in the systray. I have all my mails moved by rules to separate folders and this still isn't fixed. Can I ask why on earth would Microsoft remove this functionality. I love MS Office but this has made me seriously consider an alternative. It may sound like a small thing but I cannot stress enough how annoying it is that this feature has been broken from 2003 to 2007. There must be a way to get this back? Surely? Any help (or explanation for this madness) would be greatly appreciated. Colin First ques...

New error on opening outlook 2002
I had accidently installed Plaxo, the address book update program. I uninstalled it and immediately after, started getting an error when I open Outlook: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" is the window heading. The message is: "Runtime error! Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10 \outlook.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information" After shutting down Outlook and opening again, it takes about four times as long to open, but opens succ...

ms money not start after new year
anyone encounter the same problem with mine that, my money 2003 not start after the new year. it keeps popup the widows to ask me send the error to microsoft. of course i didn't. i tried upgrade to 2004 and the problem still happen so. i tried to run installation setup check inside money system folder, it said something CLSID_CallSummery not register .... anyone can help? thanks. In microsoft.public.money, belinck wrote: > >anyone encounter the same problem with mine that, my money 2003 not start >after the new year. it keeps popup the widows to ask me send the error to &...

new mailbox store #3
I created a new mailbox store and moved my mailbox over to that store. When I tried connecting using Outlook I couldn't. Is there something else I should or need to do? Also, policies and settings weren't applied to the mailbox store like our default mailbox store. Policies and settings are probably things you have set at the store level so they won't get replicated. You shouldn't need to do anything at all - any errors in the event log? "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message news:%23bYOrzqnGHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I created a new ma...

How do I create shortcuts to take me to parts of a spreadsheet?
I need to create bookmarks at various points in a spreadsheet to make it faster to get around. does anyone know how to do it? Naming cells is one way to do it. Select the points on the worksheet (or workbook for that matter) where you want the bookmark. Then click in the Name Box (the box to the left of the Formula Bar) type in a name for your bookmark and hit enter. Once you’ve built your bookmarks (as named cells) click the down pointing arrow in the Name Box and select the bookmark to which you want to move. "Patricia H." wrote: > I need to create bookmarks at vario...

How do I get my website created with publisher to show properly
Can you help, please I'm desperate: i created my website in publisher 2003, it seems to work great in IE, i'v gotten it to work in Opera, Mozilla etc., but I'm having problems with the bottom nav buttons, they won't work, the nav on the left side does. Is there a way of me importing my website into another program so I can make changes and update in an easy manner? Thanks any help would be much appreciated. I presume that the bottom navbar works when viewed with IE, but doesn't when you use another browser. One workaround I know about is to replace the bottom navb...

Reinstalling CRM on a new server
I have CRM 1.2 installed on a server the database is on a separate SQL server, I now would like to upgrade and move the CRM to a new server. Can any one direct me a procedure to do that Just install MS CRM on the new server and choose "Use Existing Databases"...from the IG: 11. On the Select SQL Server page, select the database server (<servername>) that you want to use. Select Create newdatabases or Connect to an existing database, and click Next. John. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5001c42a4f$df5aa860$a101280a@ph...

How to create a CASE link in the "Quick Create" on homepage?
How to create a CASE link in the "Quick Create" on homepage? At the moment, there are only [Account] [Contact] [Lead] and [Opportunity]. Have you tried the addon by customereffective? http://www.customereffective.com/interior.asp?navigationid=3&parentid=0&sitecontentid=3 "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:3BE9520A-57EC-42C4-99D0-29004993F76F@microsoft.com... > How to create a CASE link in the "Quick Create" on homepage? > At the moment, there are only [Account] [Contact] [Lead] and > [Opportunity]. Thanks, but I want a fr...