Creating new attributes

When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create a
new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of the
type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
help.
Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You cannot add custom lookup's to the current release of MSCRM.  The only way
around is to build a custom .aspx page and build your own.  Might be possible
in the next release.

"HEC" wrote:

> When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create a
> new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of the
> type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
> table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
> help.
> Thanks.
CRM 1.simply 2 does not support new relationships (ie lookup fields)

There is no workround without ISV addins (eg Powertrak from www. axonom.com)

You can wait for next version though...

"HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Schema Manager to create new attributes, I'm not able to create
> new attribute with "Lookup" as type,  "Lookup" is not availabe as one of
> the
> type options.  But yet some of the exist fields, for example, in Account
> table came with "Lookup" as type.   Why?  Is there a work-around?  Please
> help.
> Thanks.

0
Peter

New POS Announcement
Following the announcment from Microsoft on their website here: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/POS_announcement.mspx I take it this splits the RMS solution into two?: RMS (Store Ops & HQ) & POS as a stand alone app... We are just about to invest in RMS here in the United Kingdom. Looking like a single lane store ops installation. This announcment however makes me slightly nervous as it potentially could save us both time and money if we decide to invest in this new product. Having checked the comparisions and look and feel of the product I'm no...

How to create a CustomerID field for custom entities
Hi, The customerid field is used in opportunity and case and it allows you to select an account or contact, Great. I want to create this field in a form for a new entity i have made, but i cant work out how. Please help. Hi Michael, Customer is special composite type which is not available for custom entities in CRM 3. You will need to add two separete lookup fields for account and contact. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan &...

create a mass of mailboxes
hi and thanks in advance for your help, I've an exchange 2003 and I have to create a great number (3000) of account and mailboxes. I want to use a script to create them starting from a xls or csv file. There are same script that create the account in a progressive way but I can't use them. Is there something different to use? lucadb Try this link and refer to the section "Active Directory tools and application programming interfaces" http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/e2k3InterOpMig/39d728f1-62e1-44aa-93c8-930fed46f4e1.mspx "lucadb"...

Combining cells to create a formula
Hi, I have two cells that I want to combine to have a working formula B1 = sum B2 = d3 b3 = =b1&"("&b2&")" D3 = 10 The result in b3 is : sum(d3) How do I get this to result in the actual value in D3. I know I can simply write =D3, but the actual reason for combining the two cells is more complicated than explained here. Thanks Hi I think you are perhaps looking for the Indirect function =INDIRECT("D"&ROW(3:3)) would return the value contained in D3 As you copy down, the formula would alter to 4, 5 etc. represent D4, D5 etc. -- Regards R...

Creating a template using Publisher

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

moving outlook to a new computer
A sudden and unexpected component fault(graphics chip) on the motherboard of my laptop necessitated the purchase of a new laptop. I had not backed up any data from the old machine, but have now restored all my documents and files via an external hard drive adaptor. Unfortunately I'm struggling to transfer my Outlook data to the new laptop from the old drive. I have followed the Import/Export wizard in Outlook to import the .pst file after saving it from the old hard drive, but just get the following message "This Personal Folder file (.pst) is already in use in the curre...

Can I create sub-functions in a cross-functional flowchart?
Trying to create a template for my organization to map processes to. Goal is to map the organization to the 'function bars' in Visio's cross-function flowcharts. However, I would like to create some 'sub-functions' for lower organizational elements (i.e. divisions under a department). Is this possible?? ...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Creating PDF files in MFC
Hi, I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do it? Thanks in advance. Check out the following http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ "Shahoo" wrote: > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advance. > > Here's another to try out: "Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175272390.190193.274530@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advanc...

Insert new row as cell contents change
Insert new row as cell contents change. After importing data I have a spread sheet with a column that contains a series of alpha numeric characters. At various random intervals in this column the contents change. EG rows 1 to 4 could contain ABC, then rows 5 to 15 could become 222. I am looking for a method to insert a blank row automatically between the rows were the contents change. Many Thanks Geo George If you are familiar with VBA the code below will do what you want. Preselect the column of data first Sub InsertRowAfterValueChange() Dim myCell As Range Dim sCurrVal As String ...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

Can I create a CScrollView popup window?
Hi, My application displays video from a firewire camera. The video is displayed in a CScrollView derived window that I create in CMainFrame::OnCreate() like this: m_pImageView = new CImageView; m_pImageView->Create(NULL, NULL, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, rClient, this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST, NULL)) Now, when the user stops the video, they can click a toolbar button that pops up a CWnd derived window that displays all of the image data on a particular line of video. So, if the camera is spewing out 8-bits per pixel in the 800x600 mode, the popup window would display the 800 bytes associated w...

can CPropertyPage be created without resource template ?
One does not require a resource template in the resources to create a CDialog One can create DLGTEMPLATE object and use it in CDialog::InitModalIndirect( My question is can a CPropertyPage be created without having a template in th resources. Can I tie it with a DLGTEMPLATE ~Amit "Amit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BC80E8C-1D6C-411F-87C4-66120D09C105@microsoft.com... > > One does not require a resource template in the resources to create a CDialog. > One can create DLGTEMPLATE object and use it in CDialog::InitModalIndirect() > &...

Creating aCRM activity from SFO
I want to send an email that will create an activity for a CRM user. I took an existing e-mail that I had previously sent and clicked on "Promote to CRM activity." I thought this would assign the email as an actrivity to this CRM user. But when I looked in CRM Workplace, the activity did not show up until I looked under "Completed Activities." Why was the e-mail marked as complete? Maybe I don't understand the concept. How do I generate an open activity (something that needs to be followed up on) for a specific user from within SFO? Maybe what I really should be ...